Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have always wanted to stay at the Yacht Club, but the new rents at the Beach is where we are booked for summer. I wasn't sure if the CL rooms would be done or not. Looking forward to more of your review. So helpful for a first timer. Thank you for taking the time to do it.

Condition of our room- fine, but dated. I look forward to a chic upgrade like the new Beach Club rooms.
Your room number 5152 was just two doors down and four floors up from our YC room 1148. Our room had the same armchair and Ottoman. Your picture makes the lake view look a little closer than it really was. But the distance to the main elevator made it a great location. :)

Long time lurker but first time actually posting here. DH, DD and I will be checking in to the Beach Club next Friday, Oct. 28th until Monday, Oct. 31st. This will be our 3rd Beach Club visit and we absolutely love it there! And we're super excited for our first Food & Wine Festival as well as seeing Hanson for Eat to the Beat!!!!
Hanson! That's amazing! I LOVE that they get all the "has-been" bands that secretly you are still in love with. :rockband:

~Cari~ pluto:

Long time lurker, first time poster! First off, I love this thread as the BC is our absolute favorite Disney Resort. My DH and I are visiting 1/8-1/14. We are planning on doing Hoop-Dee-Doo and I was wondering what the most efficient way to get there was? We will be doing EPCOT earlier in the day and our Hoop-Dee-Doo reservation is at 8:30.

Dee, thanks for the YC update. I was a little nervous about switching from BC to YC when the deal came up. The compulsive planner and control freak that leases my brain was having fits over the last minute change in plans, but I'm starting to settle down.

With that said, we're coming up on three weeks and the little boy in my head who's constantly walking on the compulsive planner's lawn is quietly starting to stage a coup.

Going to stay YC CL for the first time in April! I'm curious if we have a chance of getting a room that will have been refurbed already, or how much the refurb would impact access to the lounge... We stayed at Boardwalk during refurb so know what to expect, but we weren't CL that trip.

Also, has anyone stayed at YC CL after the lounge was redone and remember what the "hot" breakfast offering was?

Going to stay YC CL for the first time in April! I'm curious if we have a chance of getting a room that will have been refurbed already, or how much the refurb would impact access to the lounge... We stayed at Boardwalk during refurb so know what to expect, but we weren't CL that trip.

Also, has anyone stayed at YC CL after the lounge was redone and remember what the "hot" breakfast offering was?

The only hot foods at breakfast are oatmeal & grits. Well, also bagels that you can toast yourself, lol! They have hard boiled eggs but they are cold. Nothing
Ike pancakes or waffles, if that's what you're asking.

The only hot foods at breakfast are oatmeal & grits. Well, also bagels that you can toast yourself, lol! They have hard boiled eggs but they are cold. Nothing

Yes, I had read there are different hot foods for breakfast at different resorts; so some had grits, some had oatmeal, some had hard boiled eggs, but not all resorts had the same offerings (for example some only had oatmeal). If that has changed, that's great, I was just wondering what YC's lounge had for breakfast.

:welcome: to this thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

I just stayed YC CL and will be posting LOTS of pictures in over the next few days.

I was not able to find out too much about the upcoming refurb. Right now it is scheduled to start at the beginning of 2017. They are not saying yet if the renovations will be done floor by floor, like the Beach Club was done or wing by wing, like the recent project at the Beach Club Villas.

::yes::

Yes, I had read there are different hot foods for breakfast at different resorts; so some had grits, some had oatmeal, some had hard boiled eggs, but not all resorts had the same offerings (for example some only had oatmeal). If that has changed, that's great, I was just wondering what YC's lounge had for breakfast.

We were there in September- they had both oatmeal & grits.

Thanks, y'all! Breakfast will be our main time we are at the lounge, so I was just curious as I'm the main breakfast eater. lol

Long time lurker, first time poster! First off, I love this thread as the BC is our absolute favorite Disney Resort. My DH and I are visiting 1/8-1/14. We are planning on doing Hoop-Dee-Doo and I was wondering what the most efficient way to get there was? We will be doing EPCOT earlier in the day and our Hoop-Dee-Doo reservation is at 8:30.
If you are in Epcot around the time you would want to go to Ft Wilderness then you could take the Ft Wilderness bus from the Epcot bus depot. Once you get to FW you have to switch to an internal bus to take you to the Settlement area where Pioneer Hall is located. I would give yourself at least 45 minutes to an hour if you use this route. This is probably the most direct way to get to Hoop Dee Doo.

If you are planning to go to FW from the BC via bus then take the bus to MK and either take the FW bus from the MK depot or take the boat to FW. Pioneer Hall is close to the boat dock. Give yourself at least and hour and a half with this route since the bus to MK can be slow that time of night and the boat takes a while, too.

We took a bus from BC to MK then transferred to a boat. It was very enjoyable. Plus the boat drops you right near the restaurant so no need for an internal bus. But you def need to plan well for timing your transportation.

Yep, she is right, same food as the Beach Club CL offers no real food difference between the two CL besides themes

We recently returned from an amazing two weeks at the BCV's. Does anyone have an update as to why the "over 18" hot tub at SAB isn't working? The temp. wasn't even lukewarm, it was cooler than bath water. And yet, still turned on and functioning. I asked two days in a row, the lifeguards didn't seem to know, but one was hesitant and said he thinks they're waiting on a part, but sure didn't sound convincing when he said it. We love the hot tubs every day of our vacations, so does anyone know whats happening with this particular one? We were very surprised that it wasn't blocked off, it was that cold, just didn't make sense. And this was for the entire two weeks.

We recently returned from an amazing two weeks at the BCV's. Does anyone have an update as to why the "over 18" hot tub at SAB isn't working? The temp. wasn't even lukewarm, it was cooler than bath water. And yet, still turned on and functioning. I asked two days in a row, the lifeguards didn't seem to know, but one was hesitant and said he thinks they're waiting on a part, but sure didn't sound convincing when he said it. We love the hot tubs every day of our vacations, so does anyone know whats happening with this particular one? We were very surprised that it wasn't blocked off, it was that cold, just didn't make sense. And this was for the entire two weeks.

Tell me more about your BCV stay :) Room, view, thoughts, transportation, food etc. I want it all! We are headed there in January and need my fix to keep the days going by.

Yacht Club Concierge Floor / Regatta Club Concierge Lounge
5th Floor, Magic Band access

DSCF0994.jpg

DSCF1108.jpg

Can someone take a clearer picture of this knotboard where you can read the labels?

Cast Member staff available at the Concierge Desks from 7 am to 10 pm daily.

Need picture of desks

Lounge:

WP_20161017_023.jpg

WP_20161021_108.jpg

WP_20161021_107.jpg

WP_20161021_106.jpg

WP_20161021_105.jpg

WP_20161017_024.jpg

Balcony:

WP_20161021_109.jpg

WP_20161021_116.jpg

WP_20161021_111.jpg

WP_20161021_115.jpg

WP_20161021_114.jpg

Food & Beverage Offerings:

Coffee* 6:30 am to 7 am
Continental Breakfast 7 am to 10:30 am
Light Snacks 11:30 am to 4 pm
Hors d’oeuvres and Select Beverages 5 pm to 7 pm
Desserts and Cordials 8 pm to 10 pm

*Coffee is supposed to be available outside the lounge at 6:30 am, but the one morning I checked at 6:40 am, I didn't see it.

:coffee:

Coffee, water, soft drinks and whole fruit are available whenever the lounge is open.

WP_20161020_006.jpg

IMG_8227.jpg

IMG_7946.jpg

See Next Posts for pictures of food offerings throughout the day

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter