Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Orlando Theme Park News is reporting that the Yacht Club quiet pool (Admiral pool) closed yesterday for rehab. There's not any info on when the rehab will be completed.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/09/pool-area-construction-starts-at-yacht.html

Well darn, I'll be there next week but at least you can still use the pool as long as you are careful.

Just back from a short day trip to WDW and we drove over to YC to have lunch at Crews Cup, which we have done several times. We had a short conversation with the gate guard who advised us that both the YC and BC parking lots are closed to anyone except guests of those two resorts, those with dining reservations or people who are valet parking. The explanation was that they are doing construction work which permanently eliminated a lot of parking spaces in both parking lots. Since we are TIW cardholders, and valet parking is included with that, we were allowed in (good thing - we were both hungry!). As we drove from the gate to the front entrance of the YC, you could see that the parking lots were pretty packed.

So I guess the "take-away" from this is that if you are resort hopping, you might want to use the buses or boats, otherwise you will probably be turned away if driving. Even if you area staying there or have a dining reservation, you may not be able to find a parking space, except for valet ($25).

Just wanted to pass this info along........

Well double darn, I drive down and try not to valet park (I don't always succeed cause sometimes I'm just lazy) but since I don't get there until after 2 I'm thinking I may have to this time.

Lurker here... What makes The BC a better choice than the YC or vice versa. I am always coming back to doing a split stay for my trip next summer. What makes you pick one over the other?

Thanks for the replies!

Lurker here... What makes The BC a better choice than the YC or vice versa. I am always coming back to doing a split stay for my trip next summer. What makes you pick one over the other?

Thanks for the replies!
Beach Club is closer to Epcot than YC and we go into Epcot almost every day of our trip. The Marketplace is in the BC while the YC doesn't have any counter service options. Other than that, the two resorts are just about the same. In fact, it is easier to get to SAB from the YC than from the BC for most guests. :)

Maybe this is old news, but it was new (awesome) news to me....I was able to get a Sunken Treasure at the CBR pool bar!View attachment 192956 A little bit of home away from home!

I have been bugging Mike (from Boston) the Bartender at The Banana Cabana for years that they need to get the Sunken Treasure on the menu over there. I guess I wore him down as they added it last May. :drinking1

Just returned from a 6 night stay at the Beach club! This was our first time staying at an Epcot resort. I can honestly say after 20 years of staying at all the moderates and Deluxe MK area resorts I have found a new favorite. I mean no other Disney resort can touch SAB and it was a joy coming back from the parks everyday just to swim in that pool. I love the sand area it was a godsend to my aching feet everyday. And the multiple hot tubs and lazy river was a joy. I will be booking again and will try the Yacht club next year. The magical deal price we got for the BC was icing on the cake as well. Also I highly recommend standard rooms from 3711-3717. We were in 3711 and had full balcony and a day bed. And even though we overlooked a roof we still had a very nice view of SAB and the lagoon beyond the roof. Any of the rooms on this side should have the same view and all had full balcony. Great deal for a standard view room.

Orlando Theme Park News is reporting that the Yacht Club quiet pool (Admiral pool) closed yesterday for rehab. There's not any info on when the rehab will be completed.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/09/pool-area-construction-starts-at-yacht.html

Thanks for the heads up on this. I hadn't seen the info.

:thumbsup2

Well darn, I'll be there next week but at least you can still use the pool as long as you are careful.

Well double darn, I drive down and try not to valet park (I don't always succeed cause sometimes I'm just lazy) but since I don't get there until after 2 I'm thinking I may have to this time.

And there are also the quiet pools at BC and BCV as well, in addition to SAB.

Plenty of swimmin' holes.

:fish:

Thanks for the replies!

You can find a comparison of the two resorts on Page 1, Post 1 (after the renovation news info)

::yes::

Busy day yesterday and today, I may not have a chance to respond to everyone's posts until Friday or Saturday.

But I have read all the posts and want to say thanks for all the kind words about this thread! It makes me happy to know how much everyone appreciates what we have here and that you all feel comfortable here with family.

I'll come through with an official greeting to first time posters when I can, but for now, a generic

:welcome:

to our new friends.

Have a great day all!

:grouphug:

Thanks for the heads up on this. I hadn't seen the info.

:thumbsup2

And there are also the quiet pools at BC and BCV as well, in addition to SAB.

Plenty of swimmin' holes.

:fish:

Yep, I know, I don't really spend a lot of time at the pool, it's usually just a whim sort of thing so I tend to stick with the quiet pool where I'm at. I don't do SAB any more except for the hot tub, I'm old and grumpy and like quiet.

You may not have to valet park. We were there around 2:00 and even though the lots looked pretty full, there were a few open spaces. There is also a conference going on at the YC this week, so I'm sure that didn't help the parking situation.

I completely understand the "lazy" thing...... we've stayed at the YC several times, and I have chosen to valet park, especially on our arrival day. I usually take the car out of valet on our second day, but not always if I'm being lazy, or if the weather isn't cooperating (it can be a long walk from the parking lot in the rain!).

Yep, I know, I don't really spend a lot of time at the pool, it's usually just a whim sort of thing so I tend to stick with the quiet pool where I'm at. I don't do SAB any more except for the hot tub, I'm old and grumpy and like quiet.
We usually spend more time at the quiet pools for the same reason. ;)

You may not have to valet park. We were there around 2:00 and even though the lots looked pretty full, there were a few open spaces. There is also a conference going on at the YC this week, so I'm sure that didn't help the parking situation.
Just to add to this - we arrived for a dinner reservation around 6 last Saturday and were able to self park. Not a ton of open spots, but the lot wasn't full.

In case this hasn't been mentioned yet, the Beach club bus stop is temporarily moving this Sunday, the 11th, due to convention center construction. Far end of the parking lot across from the beach club villas:

I'll try to upload a photo later.

Thanks for the info. So, turn right after you exit the lobby? After the bridge?

:magnify:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter