Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

IMG_2627_zps2dwi0sqg.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2627_zps2dwi0sqg.jpg

:offtopic:

All this kinda got me reflecting. I have 'known' a lot of the friends on this board for years. Some I have met in person. Some not.

Went back as far as I could on DIS and the earliest post I could find was when we had a pick 'em game in 2010. We were picking when a certain princess that is now starting school would be born. We have been through so much together. It is amazing to see how our families and friendships have grown and changed.

There have been times where moderators and others have had to reel us in some on the personal stuff. But without it I truly believe this would not have become one of the most used/informative board on the DIS. Period.

Thank you Dee for being the glue. Thank you friends for being the paper. And thank you DISboards for being the wall we get to use.

Sappiness over. We now return you to Channel 17 for all your resort information.

I love ( and totally agree with) the sentiments you express so eloquently in your post MickeyT. During the time I've been a member here we've had so many life events between us all I kind of feel I know you all :) Really does feel like the best place in the world to hang out :love:

Last edited:
:offtopic:

All this kinda got me reflecting. I have 'known' a lot of the friends on this board for years. Some I have met in person. Some not.

Went back as far as I could on DIS and the earliest post I could find was when we had a pick 'em game in 2010. We were picking when a certain princess that is now starting school would be born. We have been through so much together. It is amazing to see how our families and friendships have grown and changed.

There have been times where moderators and others have had to reel us in some on the personal stuff. But without it I truly believe this would not have become one of the most used/informative board on the DIS. Period.

Thank you Dee for being the glue. Thank you friends for being the paper. And thank you DISboards for being the wall we get to use.

Sappiness over. We now return you to Channel 17 for all your resort information.

I'm not crying. You're crying.

I'm new here, as our first stay at Beach Club is coming up in 66 short days, but I have never felt so welcome and so part of a community as I have after joining this thread. I'm never leaving. You can't make me!

First stay at BC for Christmas (12/24-1/1)

EXTREMELY EXCITED! It's our first BC stay and first time staying at a Deluxe Resorts. Our friends, DVC members at Boardwalk, said once you go Deluxe, it's very hard to turn back.

::yes::

I'm in agreement about everyone on this thread being so nice and helpful. I joined this thread a couple of months ago when we rented points for a BCV stay. I have fallen in love with the BC through everyone's positive reviews and details and I haven't even been there yet! I am so EXCITED about our upcoming April trip!! And...I have talked my husband in to bringing me back to WDW for my 40th birthday in a couple of years!! I can't wait to plan that trip!

To start off, thanks again to everyone for their assistance in this thread as we planned our trip.

I wanted to follow up with some quick thoughts on our experience at the Beach Club from S, 8/27 to S, 9/3. Overall, we had a really great time with some minor negatives as to be expected for any trip.

Our family had three rooms and were all located near each other on the third floor. My wife, 2.5 year old son and I had 3726, which was literally the last room in the resort. It had a king bed and a ton of room being much larger than other standard rooms (see http://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/page-4#post-52539246 for someone else's photos of the room). The extra room came in quite handy being we had the little man with us. I noted to my wife how quiet things were in the room. You could hear others while in the hallway, but never when in your room with the door closed. The bed was just fantastic and I loved the decor. Really great. No views at all and I'd have loved to have a "real" balcony to sit out on, but the extra room was a tradeoff we'd make again in a heartbeat.

Check-in was a bit rough compared to when we checked into AKL back in early 2015. That was our only other experience with a deluxe resort and we found the front desk crew to be much more welcoming. In fact, the check-in when we stayed at Coronado was much better, as well. Granted, three separate parties were checking in separately, but how one or two of the cast members addressed the situation was a bit surprising. Nothing mindblowing at all, just not what I'd expect from Disney. Future interaction with the front desk was totally great, as was interaction with our housekeeper who was also great. I'll blame it on a bad egg or two.

We did laundry while at the resort and the placement of the laundry rooms was pretty terrible for us. The two rooms in BC are located on the literal other end of the resort than we were one, with one being located in the hotel proper and the other in a separate building by the pool nearest to Epcot. Being our room was the last room on the opposite end of the resort, this made the walk to the laundry rooms pretty annoying. I wish there could have been at least one more centrally located. That said, at least there were facilities! Many fewer washers and dryers than I recall being in AKL last year, too. Why didn't they have these things accept MagicBands for payment? But I'll take credit over cash anyday!

The bus service throughout the week was pretty disappointing. Not sure I could ever say this was a negative of this or any resort more so than just bad luck, but we had some pretty awful waits, mostly while at the hotel waiting to go to a park. A couple times we ended up taking the Boardwalk bus back and walking back to BC after waiting quite some time at a park.

Not sure it's been said here, but on our second to last day there, the YC bus service was relocated back to their original stops. We actually walked to the YC temporary stop a few times during long waits so my wife would be guaranteed a seat with the little man on her lap or in her arms for the trip to the park. Side note: I know not everyone is able, but if you're a guy who is able and with no kid (or kids) on your lap or in your arms and there are little kids standing (nevermind women), give up your damn seat.

We ate at Cape May twice: once for dinner (done it previously) and another for breakfast (our first time). I got pretty sick after dinner, but pretty sure that was a result of overeating because no one else with me got sick and I've eaten there previously with no issues. I did notice the hallways (and I assume rooms...yuck!) nearest the restaurant smelled like seafood from early PM to closing which I remember reading here. Luckily we weren't located near there, but that wasn't ideal. I wasn't impressed with the variety at breakfast and everything seemed a bit stale (especially when compared to our outstanding breakfast at the Crystal Palace), but it was nice having a character meal in our hotel. I wouldn't do the breakfast again personally.

The secret door to Epcot was outstanding and we used it often. It was our first time being within walking distance of any park and it was really, really great. The walk to Hollywood Studios was shady and really great, as well. Not sure how much time you'd really be saving, but it was annoying to have to walk around the front of World Showcase as opposed to the back when heading to Norway at rope drop. I also noticed the front gate crew had a huge advantage over us at the resort gate, so I don't think the entrance times were properly synced. Side note: we absolutely loved the Frozen ride.

Sadly, we never once used the pool because every chance we had, the little man was napping. That said, I greatly enjoyed napping at the same time he did, but would have loved to try out the pool. Just by walking around and surveying the scene, everything looked really great.

I do wish the resort had a true quick service location like many others do, but what they had was better than nothing.

In short, it wasn't my favorite resort, but we had a tremendous time and absolutely would stay there again. We already miss the place!

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for your review. The buses can be both good and bad. I'm sorry that it wasn't better while you were there.

I noted to my wife how quiet things were in the room. You could hear others while in the hallway, but never when in your room with the door closed.
I think that is the one benefit of the huge roof, it makes the room very quiet.

In short, it wasn't my favorite resort, but we had a tremendous time and absolutely would stay there again. We already miss the place!
A good room location would have definitely helped make this trip a little nicer for you. :)

First stay at BC for Christmas (12/24-1/1)

EXTREMELY EXCITED! It's our first BC stay and first time staying at a Deluxe Resorts. Our friends, DVC members at Boardwalk, said once you go Deluxe, it's very hard to turn back.

I agree. We stayed at POFQ for many many trips when our kids were small. We since have tried Wilderness Lodge and then the last four trips have been YC/BC. I may never get my son-in-law to stay anywhere else besides the YC/BC but I am pretty sure we are not going back to the moderates anytime soon.

I also wanted to say how much I love this group. It is a safe happy place to visit leading up to a trip or waiting for your next trip! A great group here and though I don't post much, I am always smiling when here. :)

I agree. We stayed at POFQ for many many trips when our kids were small. We since have tried Wilderness Lodge and then the last four trips have been YC/BC. I may never get my son-in-law to stay anywhere else besides the YC/BC but I am pretty sure we are not going back to the moderates anytime soon.

I also wanted to say how much I love this group. It is a safe happy place to visit leading up to a trip or waiting for your next trip! A great group here and though I don't post much, I am always smiling when here. :)

It'll be our 7th Christmas trip in 8 years. We stayed Coronado, then stayed POFQ the past few years. We needed a change.

Just back from a short day trip to WDW and we drove over to YC to have lunch at Crews Cup, which we have done several times. We had a short conversation with the gate guard who advised us that both the YC and BC parking lots are closed to anyone except guests of those two resorts, those with dining reservations or people who are valet parking. The explanation was that they are doing construction work which permanently eliminated a lot of parking spaces in both parking lots. Since we are TIW cardholders, and valet parking is included with that, we were allowed in (good thing - we were both hungry!). As we drove from the gate to the front entrance of the YC, you could see that the parking lots were pretty packed.

So I guess the "take-away" from this is that if you are resort hopping, you might want to use the buses or boats, otherwise you will probably be turned away if driving. Even if you are staying there or have a dining reservation, you may not be able to find a parking space, except for valet ($25).

Just wanted to pass this info along........

Last edited:
Have loved reading this thread! Can you add us to the march group? My husband and I will be there from the 4th to the 10th at the Beach Club.

The mattresses are Beautyrest and somewhere in this thread is information about ordering them. I'm sure that someone will come along with the link. :)

LOL!!!

That Seinfeld episode where George Steinbrenner's assistant asks George to do a project and then forgets that he already did it himself!

:rotfl2:

I see shoreward found the links and I think I added them to the Other Useful Info Post. Or at least I meant to. Will have to check...

:thumbsup2

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts