Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

For those of you who have been to storm along bay recently - are there usually life vests available for kids? Do they run out? My son's 3, so we'd need one for 30ish pounds. I'm debating if I should pack his floaty or rely on the ones provided. Thanks!

We got back last night and found the smallest sized vests ran out each day. The next size up was large on my 40lb 4yo so you may want to bring his own puddle jumper if you are more comfortable with him wearing one at all times. I was fine without having it in the kiddie pool but did want one if I brought him into the lazy river or deeper pool. Definitely check out the kid's slide that's in back of the large slide, my son went on it probably 25 times in a row, it was empty that afternoon.

Not sure if this was reported yet but the YC bus stop moved back to the usual location yesterday.

We also like the look of the rocks around the water edge, looks like it has always been there. I took some picks but there are perfect ones already posted here.

Thursday night we got back about 10pm, my family went up and had room service pizza but I hung out at Ale and Compass solo for a bit and had a delicious crab cake and glass of wine, was a very lovely way to end the evening, highly recommend.

We were very impressed with the friendly service all around at the YC/BC. We went to the Captain's Grill for the first time for lunch and were happily surprised how much we enjoyed it. Beaches and Cream and Cape May were great as always. We ate lunch from Hurricane Hannah's each afternoon we spent at SAB, couldn't beat a poolside lunch. We always sat in the same area by the kids pool, the waiter there was super nice, they work very hard there.

I enjoy resort hopping but now am thoroughly torn, we may return to the YC again next time instead of checking out AoA as planned.

Last edited:
We got back last night and found the smallest sized vests ran out each day. The next size up was large on my 40lb 4yo so you may want to bring his own puddle jumper if you are more comfortable with him wearing one at all times. I was fine without having it in the kiddie pool but did want one if I brought him into the lazy river or deeper pool. Definitely check out the kid's slide that's in back of the large slide, my son went on it probably 25 times in a row, it was empty that afternoon.

I meant to reply when I saw this post but I think I forgot to suggest that if the size you need is out, you can possibly check at the Yacht Club Marina to see if they have any.

Great suggestion about the kiddie slide. It is rarely crowded back there.

:fish:

Not sure if this was reported yet but the YC bus stop moved back to the usual location yesterday.

We also like the look of the rocks around the water edge, looks like it has always been there. I took some picks but there are perfect ones already posted here.

Thursday night we got back about 10pm, my family went up and had room service pizza but I hung out at Ale and Compass solo for a bit and had a delicious crab cake and glass of wine, was a very lovely way to end the evening, highly recommend.

We were very impressed with the friendly service all around at the YC/BC. We went to the Captain's Grill for the first time for lunch and were happily surprised how much we enjoyed it. Beaches and Cream and Cape May were great as always. We ate lunch from Hurricane Hannah's each afternoon we spent at SAB, couldn't beat a poolside lunch. We always sat in the same area by the kids pool, the waiter there was super nice, they work very hard there.

I enjoy resort hopping but now and thoroughly torn, we may return to the YC again next time instead of checking out AoA as planned.

Thanks for the review, and especially the info about the bus stop. I had not seen the news yet.

So glad you had a fantastic stay.

:thumbsup2

Ever since we booked to stay Yacht Club concierge I've followed this thread like a hawk! Now we've had our holiday, and don't have any immediate plans to return to the resort (although we've got 2 more WDW trip planned), I was going to 'unwatch' this thread.....but I just can't bring myself to do it lol!

I rarely ever "unwatch" threads. But I will stop following the posts, so I stop getting alerts. However, they're still available in my "unread watched" link should I need to start reading them again.

I rarely ever "unwatch" threads. But I will stop following the posts, so I stop getting alerts. However, they're still available in my "unread watched" link should I need to start reading them again.
Ah, I didn't know about that. I'm fairy new to the boards, so thanks for the tip.

So here I am - 18 days away from my first time staying at the Yacht Club! My husband and I are frequent YC visitors, though - we love to hang out in the lobby, lunch/dinner at the YC/BC, and he used to stay there with his family way back in the day before they had DVC for a few years. So this is a big "homecoming" for him. We're going for our 5 year wedding anniversary AND bringing our 8-month old. This is such a surreal moment! I can't believe that after 10 years together, 5 years of marriage and countless trips together (and with our families when we were younger) we are bringing our little boy.

We have booked a pool/lagoon view room. I've requested a room on the top floor, away from an elevator. Is there anything else I should request? I've also told CRO that it's our anniversary and my baby's first trip.

Any other tips are greatly appreciated! We're there 9/21-9/26!!

It truly depends where your room is located at the YC. If you are the furthest from the YC lobby, it is a trek to the Marketplace to fill mugs at the Marketplace at the BC. Keep in mind, you can get coffee in the morning in the YC lobby, Ale and Compass, until 11:00 a.m., I believe, when Hurricane Hannahs opens. That being said, we always requested a room at YC "close to lobby" so as we had no problem treking over to the Marketplace and back. Enjoy. You'll love it.

I use the walk over as my alone time, I go nice and early when the place is just stirring and just enjoy the quiet. I don't do the mugs and make coffee in my room but I do walk over and get my breakfast and take it back to my room.

So here I am - 18 days away from my first time staying at the Yacht Club! My husband and I are frequent YC visitors, though - we love to hang out in the lobby, lunch/dinner at the YC/BC, and he used to stay there with his family way back in the day before they had DVC for a few years. So this is a big "homecoming" for him. We're going for our 5 year wedding anniversary AND bringing our 8-month old. This is such a surreal moment! I can't believe that after 10 years together, 5 years of marriage and countless trips together (and with our families when we were younger) we are bringing our little boy.

We have booked a pool/lagoon view room. I've requested a room on the top floor, away from an elevator. Is there anything else I should request? I've also told CRO that it's our anniversary and my baby's first trip.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

So exciting to be looking forward to your son's first trip. I haven't traveled with an infant, so I can't help you with any suggestions there.

I will mention that all of the rooms on the top floor (5th floor) are club level so if you haven't booked concierge, the highest floor you can get is 4th floor*

* although help me out YC experts... are there some 4th floor room that do not have club level rooms above like there are at BC?

If you haven't checked out the first page of this thread, I would suggest reading over the first post and Post 13 (FAQ) and 14 (Other Useful Information).

:goodvibes

@AR81 - How lucky/fortunate for you to have ended up in such spacious accommodations! I have seen only a couple of rooms like the one you got and I am REALLY hoping we get one!!! With three boys, more room is always better! And for this trip, we could really care less about the view. (If it were just DH and I it would be a different story.)
Yes we absolutely loved it. And it was a standard view lol. I called and asked for a daybed. We were only a party of 4 but my 19 year old stepson was considered the third adult. Him and my 12 year old really didn't want to share a bed lol. And then to my surprise the daybed was not the twin fold down kind u see in pics; it was the regular type that opens into another full/ queen size bed. I like that the room was basically at a corner and we had Windows on both sides. We were tucked in the corner of one of the lounges that are in the hallways. I didn't think it was too far of a walk to the elevators either. I am still missing it. 5 nights wasn't long enough!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for letting us know about your trip and how much you enjoyed the resort!

That sounds like a fantastic room.

May I put your review (and picture) on the Beach Club Room View & Description thread?

:thumbsup2

Yes you can definitely use it for the review section.

I shipped everything for my son (took him at 6 months) to the resort ahead of time including an inflatable tub and an infant float for the pool (no top, they seem to not allow those a lot of the time as they can block the lifeguards view). The baby care centers in each park are great, they have nice changing tables in there and sell just about any baby related necessity you may need if you should forget/run out of something. The restaurant high chairs can get a little grimy, you may want to have some wipes to clean them off if needed. Congrats, you will have a great time!

Already loving BC! This place is amazing. We booked standard view, but we were upgraded to garden view. I am in room 1633, SUPER close to the lobby, Marketplace and my room faces the main courtyard. My parents are in the room next to me and my sisters family is right across from me in 1632. We couldn't have asked for better locations and being on the ground floor is so great with a toddler. Of all of our stays at Disney resorts over the years, this has got to be the best location we've received, as far as proximity to everything. Spoiled already! Lol I just watched the Star Wars fireworks right from SAB. I can clearly see why so many people absolutely love this place!

although help me out YC experts... are there some 4th floor room that do not have club level rooms above like there are at BC?
Yes, the YC has fourth floor rooms that are the top floor, just like the BC. The two resorts aren't exactly mirror images of each other, but close to it.

I am in room 1633, SUPER close to the lobby, Marketplace and my room faces the main courtyard. My parents are in the room next to me and my sisters family is right across from me in 1632.

That is a great upgrade. :) And it was nice to that your family could all be close together. We were in room 1634 last February. The location is fantastic. I would love a room there again.

Well, we made it! I can't believe how beautiful it is--so nice, I don't really want to leave the resort for the parks. Ha!
Anyway, we booked a standard view, but were upgraded to a Club Level Standard View!!! So spoiled!

We're checking into Shades of Green in a few days, but I think our next trip will be 100% Beach Club !

Well, we made it! I can't believe how beautiful it is--so nice, I don't really want to leave the resort for the parks. Ha!
Anyway, we booked a standard view, but were upgraded to a Club Level Standard View!!! So spoiled!

We're checking into Shades of Green in a few days, but I think our next trip will be 100% Beach Club !

WOW! Hooray for pixie dust!!! pixiedust:

I use the walk over as my alone time, I go nice and early when the place is just stirring and just enjoy the quiet. I don't do the mugs and make coffee in my room but I do walk over and get my breakfast and take it back to my room.
Me also. After many YC stays, we had our first BC side stay last month and we actually walked over to YC lobby (ale and compass) to get coffee at 6:30 a.m. before Marketplace at BC opened. We too, enjoy the walk back and forth, mostly early and late in the day/night, when things are quiet. A great alone time walk is 100 percent right, especially on a trip with many family members. Love both hotels!

Me also. After many YC stays, we had our first BC side stay last month and we actually walked over to YC lobby (ale and compass) to get coffee at 6:30 a.m. before Marketplace at BC opened. We too, enjoy the walk back and forth, mostly early and late in the day/night, when things are quiet. A great alone time walk is 100 percent right, especially on a trip with many family members. Love both hotels!
Yay, for early morning coffee and tranquility!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

And we are home. Smooth flight back across the pond and only took 7 hours with just a bit of turbulence. I've had a power nap and started the washing. We seemed to have been in Orlando forever when we returned to the airport (guess 3 weeks will do that to you) really seemed as though the first part of the holiday spent on I-Drive was a totally different trip it was so long ago.

Our last night at Yacht Club was when the storm hit. We had diner at Yachtsman and were going to watch fireworks from the bridge but it started to rain really heavy. 5am I was awake wondering what all the banging was about outside and then realised we had a major thunderstorm right over our heads. Thank goodness for those really thick curtains that cut out the lightning!

Last meal was at Captains Grille and was really good, I invited my friend over to help use us credits and then we hit the Beach Club Market Place use up all of my leftover credits.

I will post more pictures when I charge all my electronics back up.

Oops, you didn't get the memo. You weren't supposed to leave Orlando. We had you penciled in on an endless loop of resort and vacation reporting. It's best that you get back to Florida ASAP! Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures with us!
:grouphug:

~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter