Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi Everyone!
I've been catching up on the thread in anticipation of our BC stay for Food and Wine at the end of September. It's the one last "event" my husband and I have never done, so we are really looking forward to to it!

I have a question for anyone traveling there at this time of year. I have booked the Labor Day special from the magical place in the past, and want to do it again for August 2017, but I need three rooms! Would anyone who has booked the special for this year at the Beach Club mind sharing what their room rate is? I know sometimes they are able to offer Club Level with this special, and I would consider either one. I spoke to my agent and she anticipates rates to be released mid-September or so. Trying to get a grip on what this trip is going to cost me.....

Thanks so much for sharing all of your trip reports! I CANNOT wait to get back there.

Hi. We returned yesterday from BC and we didn't choose CL as it was I believe over $200 more per night but we paid $214 per night (taxes included
Hi everyone! ONE WEEK from today we will be checking in to BC (our 2nd time- 1st was in '14)
Reading over my notes and catching up on this thread.
A few questions have entered my mind:

*What is the situation with clocks in the room? Have they added them back in or still no clocks?
*Is the bus stop for BC moved to Convention Center too, or just YC bus stop?

There was another question but it slipped my mind just in the time it took me to type the above!! Grrr..... 51 yr old brain!! It'll come back to me!

HI. Just checked out of the BC yesterday. Correct, no clocks, but we got used to it fairly quickly. And the BC bus stop has not been moved, just the YC.

I am so jealous that you have a trip coming up! Enjoy. We have to wait until next August.

Oh, forgot to ask, love the shower curtain in the Beach Club rooms, does anyone know if you can buy it and where? Thanks!

Aww, thanks for the kind words and the great report.

Someone else asked this recently. I checked my resources and couldn't find the shower curtain for sale anywhere. Sometimes there are inserts in the room info folder, so perhaps someone who is there soon can look or maybe ask the front desk/concierge for info about where it can be purchased.

:goodvibes

There are people playing tennis tonight. The court has lighting. If I have time I'll pop down to see if there is a switch to turn it on yourself.

Love this picture!!!

That may be the first time I have seen or even heard of someone using the court. Has it been busy during your trip?

::yes::

Thanks!

Room safe? Is there one? I haven't been able to spot one in any of the pics

Coffee maker - regular basket-type filters? What's the provided coffee (and filters) like? Should I plan to add those to our shopping list when we stop for groceries on the way?

Not sure about the coffee maker but the BC has the newer safes (which I believe may be larger than the former safes) where you enter a code to open and lock. Much better than the key version still at the YC until renovations, I believe.

Hi,

Am I correct in thinking the Beach Club Villa rooms are all currently being refurbished?

HI. Just checked out of the BC yesterday. Correct, no clocks, but we got used to it fairly quickly. And the BC bus stop has not been moved, just the YC.

I am so jealous that you have a trip coming up! Enjoy. We have to wait until next August.

Thx for the reply! Yay! about the BC bus stop!
Ugh to the no clocks. My wrist watch that I wear 24/7 chose this week to die....16 & 3/4 yrs old RiP old pal. And I'm having a heck of a time finding a water resistant replacement bc I have these ridiculously small wrists and nothing fits and an avg size watch face looks like it's eating my wrist. So I'd better pack a small clock so at least I'll be aware of the time IN the room.

Someone else asked this recently. I checked my resources and couldn't find the shower curtain for sale anywhere. Sometimes there are inserts in the room info folder, so perhaps someone who is there soon can look or maybe ask the front desk/concierge for info about where it can be purchased.

Unfortunately the shower curtain isn't available, just some bedding, bath products, robes and cushions.

I want to place an order for an anniversary cake that I will be surprising DH with. Who would I contact at the Beach Club to order it? Thanks.

I want to place an order for an anniversary cake that I will be surprising DH with. Who would I contact at the Beach Club to order it? Thanks.

Yacht & Beach Club* 407-934-3105
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting
  • 8-inch $40 vanilla or chocolate cake with white chocolate or dark chocolate filling and buttercream frosting
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting, white or dark chocolate mousse or fruit mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, chocolate ganache or whipped cream
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $54 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream frosting, though fondant can be adhered over the frosting on a one-tier mini cake. Not all cake or filling flavors may be available; prices start around $35
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available

*Fancy, fondant-covered cakes available

Cake Thead link: http://www.disboards.com/threads/official-disney-cake-chatter-part-iv.3261922/

Hi, currently at BCV. One of the two elevators was out of service with a shed built around it for two days last week. Our room is on the 4th floor right near the elevators and across from the laundry room. We like the location except when they decided to breakdown the shed around the elevator at 11:45pm a few nights ago. I understand that they wanted it back in service as soon as possible, but we were woken up by loud hammering and banging.

Yacht & Beach Club* 407-934-3105

• 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting
    • 8-inch $40 vanilla or chocolate cake with white chocolate or dark chocolate filling and buttercream frosting
    • 10-inch $54 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting, white or dark chocolate mousse or fruit mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, chocolate ganache or whipped cream
    • Mickey Mouse Cake $54 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
    • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream frosting, though fondant can be adhered over the frosting on a one-tier mini cake. Not all cake or filling flavors may be available; prices start around $35
    • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available
*Fancy, fondant-covered cakes available

Cake Thead link: http://www.disboards.com/threads/official-disney-cake-chatter-part-iv.3261922/

Thanks for the information

We arrived home last night also after a ten night stay! So sad to leave, but we had an awesome trip. Agree the ice machines in the marketplace were never working anytime we were there. Also the lemonade working was hit or miss with our refillable mugs. Picked up all five mugs when we arrived and had them activated, four had an expiry date of August 31(14 days) while one had sept 14. Thought that was strange. Housekeeping was awesome and although we didn't have any towel animals like previous trips the housekeeper arranged the stuffed toys we already had in cute formations each day. Wished marketplace opened at 6:30 am as we were usually gone by 7 each day. Walked over to Boardwalk bakery several times since they did open at 6:30 and then would catch the bus from there. Took a mears van from BC to typhoon and that was great. Cost $13 with tip. We were there in 12 minutes. We had six people and needed one car seat. The back entrance to Epcot had everyone going through the metal detector every time we were there and they even sent my kids through it. I was confused as I thought kids didn't go through, but I guess they were just keeping security random. They had to entice my 2 year old with a sticker. I loved the park shopping app. Bought a bunch of stuff on that we were looking at in different stores. I was able to order all of it in one place and since the total was above $50 got the 10% off even though if I bought all the items separately at the different stores I wouldn't be able to do that. Then I had it sent to the marketplace to save the shipping. Picked it up next day! I did call for the bounceback offer for next year since I had the old offer in my room. We would have to get two rooms next year, they did not have any rooms at BC available for free dining this same week next year except deluxe club level. I don't think we could do concierge and free dining, way too much food. So we decided we will wait and see if room discounts come out next year. Now off to watch the three hours of video we took over 11 days!!! With goofy fruit snacks of course!!

Hi, currently at BCV. One of the two elevators was out of service with a shed built around it for two days last week. Our room is on the 4th floor right near the elevators and across from the laundry room. We like the location except when they decided to breakdown the shed around the elevator at 11:45pm a few nights ago. I understand that they wanted it back in service as soon as possible, but we were woken up by loud hammering and banging.

Sorry about your experience. I know these things happen and can be annoying and disruptive to your vacation. I would bring it to the attention of the front desk to let them know about it and insure it doesn't happen again. Or at least ask for fair warning about potential disruptions. I know it might be water under the bridge if the construction is over but nonetheless if they don't know about it, it may/will happen again down the road.

Ugh to the no clocks. My wrist watch that I wear 24/7 chose this week to die....16 & 3/4 yrs old RiP old pal. And I'm having a heck of a time finding a water resistant replacement bc I have these ridiculously small wrists and nothing fits and an avg size watch face looks like it's eating my wrist. So I'd better pack a small clock so at least I'll be aware of the time IN the room.

Good excuse to buy a mickey watch, I own at least 10 (not all Mickey, all Disney) and they have plenty you can get links taken out of or buy kids. I have a 5 3/4 inch wrist.

We arrived home last night also after a ten night stay! So sad to leave, but we had an awesome trip. Agree the ice machines in the marketplace were never working anytime we were there. Also the lemonade working was hit or miss with our refillable mugs. Picked up all five mugs when we arrived and had them activated, four had an expiry date of August 31(14 days) while one had sept 14. Thought that was strange. Housekeeping was awesome and although we didn't have any towel animals like previous trips the housekeeper arranged the stuffed toys we already had in cute formations each day. Wished marketplace opened at 6:30 am as we were usually gone by 7 each day. Walked over to Boardwalk bakery several times since they did open at 6:30 and then would catch the bus from there. Took a mears van from BC to typhoon and that was great. Cost $13 with tip. We were there in 12 minutes. We had six people and needed one car seat. The back entrance to Epcot had everyone going through the metal detector every time we were there and they even sent my kids through it. I was confused as I thought kids didn't go through, but I guess they were just keeping security random. They had to entice my 2 year old with a sticker. I loved the park shopping app. Bought a bunch of stuff on that we were looking at in different stores. I was able to order all of it in one place and since the total was above $50 got the 10% off even though if I bought all the items separately at the different stores I wouldn't be able to do that. Then I had it sent to the marketplace to save the shipping. Picked it up next day! I did call for the bounceback offer for next year since I had the old offer in my room. We would have to get two rooms next year, they did not have any rooms at BC available for free dining this same week next year except deluxe club level. I don't think we could do concierge and free dining, way too much food. So we decided we will wait and see if room discounts come out next year. Now off to watch the three hours of video we took over 11 days!!! With goofy fruit snacks of course!!

Sounds like a good trip. So about the ap? You ordered things all at once that you had seen in different places while you were there and there was a place when you ordered it to say send it to Marketplace and they were able to get it there the next day? Did you scan bar codes and just leave a shopping cart open then order it all at once?

Sounds like a good trip. So about the ap? You ordered things all at once that you had seen in different places while you were there and there was a place when you ordered it to say send it to Marketplace and they were able to get it there the next day? Did you scan bar codes and just leave a shopping cart open then order it all at once?

DS wanted the 2016 airplane, DD wanted the wonderland tea, I wanted the EP music CD, and DH wanted the haunted mansion life game. I also wanted to surprise the EP passports for the kids before we started our day at EP. According to the app all were found mostly in different stores so I just placed each item in the shopping cart on the app. The total was above $50 so I qualified for the 10% off with my Disney visa. When you get to the shipping options if you are two days away from check in through the second to last day of check out you can have it sent to your resort with no shipping charge. You can also have it shipped home for a charge or to the front of the park if you are in the park that day. Worked great! Available next day as if I had bought it in the gift shop and had it sent to the resort. I did it to qualify for the 10% off and to save time in line to buy and fill out the resort shipping form. I went shopping on the app at night while everyone was in bed from the comfort of my pjs! Unfortunately they don't do this for food so I had to make an in store only purchase for the Mickey pasta, Mickey sprinkles and goofy gummies. The app was great to find the sprinkles since they are not found everywhere. I knew the exact store to go to!

So I made one purchase through the app two days before check in since the life game stock was getting low. Then I made another purchase with the items we had seen on our trip. Did the second purchase all at once to get the discount.

I have a Timex watch, similar to the one posted below. It comes with a backlit dial, which is activated by gently pushing the stem. Since the clocks were removed from the rooms, I just place the watch on the nightstand at bedtime, which makes it easy to check the time, whenever I awake. It's also great to wear at the parks to easily check the time, whether it be in a dark theater or any other setting with dimmed lighting. BTW - it appears the watch is water resistant, as well. As the band is leather, it's easy to punch an extra hole to accommodate smaller wrists.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ladies-Timex-Easy-Reader-Watch/10141653#about

Even though I plan on again wearing this watch during my next trip to WDW, I purchased a small travel alarm clock, which weighs only a couple of ounces. It will probably be one of those objects that just stays inside my bag, after I return from a trip - all ready to go for next time. :)

I have a Timex watch, similar to the one posted below. It comes with a backlit dial, which is activated by gently pushing the stem. Since the clocks were removed from the rooms, I just place the watch on the nightstand at bedtime, which makes it easy to check the time, whenever I awake. It's also great to wear at the parks to easily check the time, whether it be in a dark theater or any other setting with dimmed lighting. BTW - it appears the watch is water resistant, as well. As the band is leather, it's easy to punch an extra hole to accommodate smaller wrists.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ladies-Timex-Easy-Reader-Watch/10141653#about

Even though I plan on again wearing this watch during my next trip to WDW, I purchased a small travel alarm clock, which weighs only a couple of ounces. It will probably be one of those objects that just stays inside my bag, after I return from a trip - all ready to go for next time.
Think that the small travel alarm clock works well.:cheer2: Think I'll get one; still like the idea of having a small clock to see the time and set the alarm rather than a cell phone.::yes::

Think that the small travel alarm clock works well.:cheer2: Think I'll get one; still like the idea of having a small clock to see the time and set the alarm rather than a cell phone.::yes::
I keep a small, very light-weight, battery-operated alarm clock on my side of the bed in case we have a power outage during the nite and DH's electric alarm clock is off. I plan on packing that. Going out for further "watch-hunting" tomorrow. I became an RN at age 21 and back then we absolutely HAD to have a wrist watch with a second hand for taking vitals. I've had one on my wrist 24/7 for the past 30 yrs!!!! I just can't go w/o one! It's like part of my body!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter