Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi Everyone!
I've been catching up on the thread in anticipation of our BC stay for Food and Wine at the end of September. It's the one last "event" my husband and I have never done, so we are really looking forward to to it!

I have a question for anyone traveling there at this time of year. I have booked the Labor Day special from the magical place in the past, and want to do it again for August 2017, but I need three rooms! Would anyone who has booked the special for this year at the Beach Club mind sharing what their room rate is? I know sometimes they are able to offer Club Level with this special, and I would consider either one. I spoke to my agent and she anticipates rates to be released mid-September or so. Trying to get a grip on what this trip is going to cost me.....

Thanks so much for sharing all of your trip reports! I CANNOT wait to get back there.

Paid around $200 for standard room with the 2016 Labor Day special!

As far as I know, there are no clocks in the rooms. Last I heard, they are not being provided consistently upon request. I will be bringing along a small travel clock during my trip in October because I don't think I can count on Disney providing one.

I am confused about whether it is just the YC stop that has moved. I think that is the case, but I haven't seen confirmation either way.

:goodvibes

I'm not sure if the calendar is generally available prior to the first of the month at the resort. When I was there last August, I didn't see the September schedule until the morning of September 1. I think sometimes the scheduled is emailed in advance and perhaps upon request to club level guests in the upcoming month.

As soon as I see the scheduled, I'll post it here.

:goodvibes

Thanks! Added "clock" to pack list!

I'll keep my eye out for any info on the bus stop.

Ahhhh..... the calendar! THAT was my 3rd question!

We love the 1 BR Villas. ....
If you have other questions just ask.
Enjoy

Thanks!

Room safe? Is there one? I haven't been able to spot one in any of the pics

Coffee maker - regular basket-type filters? What's the provided coffee (and filters) like? Should I plan to add those to our shopping list when we stop for groceries on the way?

Thanks!

Room safe? Is there one? I haven't been able to spot one in any of the pics

Coffee maker - regular basket-type filters? What's the provided coffee (and filters) like? Should I plan to add those to our shopping list when we stop for groceries on the way?

Yes. There is the standard size room safe.
Coffee pot is a 12 cup pot using basket-type filters. It is one Jofreys coffee. I bring my own but staying on points I do not get daily replenishment.

so, after a long wait also for me it's single digit time! just 8 days to go!! I'll be at BC from 5th to 16th and I'm so excited!!

I have a little question: I'll have a reservation for CRT at 7.55 am on the 6th, at what time do you think I have to go out to take the bus? should I go to YC to have a less crowded bus?
Thank you :)

so, after a long wait also for me it's single digit time! just 8 days to go!! I'll be at BC from 5th to 16th and I'm so excited!!

I have a little question: I'll have a reservation for CRT at 7.55 am on the 6th, at what time do you think I have to go out to take the bus? should I go to YC to have a less crowded bus?
Thank you :)

I think if you are out at the stop by 7 am you will be fine. At that hour, I don't think you will be dealing with a crowded bus at the BC stop.

:thumbsup2

Some info about the "no clocks in the rooms" issue: If I recall correctly, Disney bought iHomes for every room. They worked as a clock radio, except no one could ever figure out how to change the time if it was incorrect (and guests would unplug them to use the plug, thus making the time incorrect). More importantly, if a guest had an iPhone, the iPhone could be inserted into the iHome to charge without need for a charging cable. Then Apple took Disney and other hotels by surprise when it decided to change the iPhone plug-in style. If you have an iPhone 6, the size of the plug receptacle is very different from the iPhone 4 and earlier. So Disney rooms had outdated iHomes. There were articles in the Wall Street Journal about this.

Some info about the "no clocks in the rooms" issue: If I recall correctly, Disney bought iHomes for every room. They worked as a clock radio, except no one could ever figure out how to change the time if it was incorrect (and guests would unplug them to use the plug, thus making the time incorrect). More importantly, if a guest had an iPhone, the iPhone could be inserted into the iHome to charge without need for a charging cable. Then Apple took Disney and other hotels by surprise when it decided to change the iPhone plug-in style. If you have an iPhone 6, the size of the plug receptacle is very different from the iPhone 4 and earlier. So Disney rooms had outdated iHomes. There were articles in the Wall Street Journal about this.

It was not that difficult to change the time on the iHome and I don't own an iPhone. Needless to say, the Apple / Disney relationship is strong and the technology is moving faster than any hotel can keep up with. We all know who the number 1 shareholder of Disney is. How about just an alarm clock with no bells and whistles? Just a buzzer. I stay in a DVC villa and can now use the microwave for my timekeeping. Off my soapbox!

It was not that difficult to change the time on the iHome and I don't own an iPhone. Needless to say, the Apple / Disney relationship is strong and the technology is moving faster than any hotel can keep up with. We all know who the number 1 shareholder of Disney is. How about just an alarm clock with no bells and whistles? Just a buzzer. I stay in a DVC villa and can now use the microwave for my timekeeping. Off my soapbox!

I keep a small alarm clock in my Owner's Locker.

See answers above. Did you make your reservation through Disney CRO or did you rent points? If a points stay you will not receive daily Mousekeeping, clean towels each day, toiletries replenished or coffee supplies restocked daily. If you rented through Disney directly you will receive all of those daily.
Did they change the washer and dryer out with the recent refurb? I consider what was there to be an apartment sized one piece stacking set - and the dryers neer dry well so new ones would be great!

Hi all. I so enjoy reading all your reviews and thought I'd give you my trip report/reviews as we just arrived home yesterday from a wonderful beach club stay. We are of course sad to have had to leave and can't wait to plan the next trip (august 2017). We have stayed on the YC side for the past 3 stays and decided to try the BC side this year as we were ready for some newly refurbed rooms.

Our immediate family had four rooms and what I can say is the BC has wonderful customer service and did their best to give us our requests of keeping us together. We were in room 1550 on the ground floor, on the path to the gate that spills out right at the bridge to the international gateway to Epcot. A perfect location (see view from room pics hopefully attached) as we were close to epcot and the marketplace too. We so enjoyed the first floor patios - even caught the UK band song sets a few times from the patio! We are used to staying on the YC side, and we usually set up camp at the kiddie/sand bar pool side of SAB, so we found it was a trek to the pool and back though. We LOVED the new rooms at the BC. We found we missed the YC though and will surely return there if possible next summer, as long as the room refurbs are done or close to done there. It is important to my family to have full balcony/patio so we like that the YC has that guarantee, pretty much. We did think the customer service was better at BC but that could have just been a fluke. Two of our rooms (out of four) weren't ready by late afternoon and we received a call on our cell from someone at the hotel that mentioned that they had a housekeeping issue and considered changing our rooms but knew we wanted to stay together so they offered to add some fastpasses to our MDE to compensate for the lateness of getting into our rooms. It was most nice of them, as we hadn't even complained to anyone before the phone call, we were just so happy to be getting rooms near each other.

As a pp stated earlier, the mosquitos and flies were in full force this trip and most especially on our balcony near the wooded area. Bring bug spray!

We enjoyed a lunch and a few cocktails on separate occasions at the Crews Cup and love this hidden gem!

The ice machine COULD NOT keep up with the demand at the marketplace and hence there were many days ICE was a premium and not available. Not sure if the arms on the ice machines were broken and you could certainly get ice in the hallways though. I read a rumor here that a quick service counter might be reno'd soon at the Ale and Compass in the YC lobby and we are keeping our fingers crossed for that. Also as the Marketplace doesn't open until 7:00 a.m. we spent many morning walking to the Ale and Compass in YC lobby to get coffee/tea as they opened at 6:00 a.m., I believe. I found it ironic as for three prior stays, I walked from YC to BC for a drink and now was walking the opposite way. #firstworldproblems! lol.

We had ice cream a few times from Ample Hills on the boardwalk and the consensus of our family was their ice cream was better than B&C. Worth a try. We did like the fact that most places we were visiting on the Boardwalk were closer to our room at the BC than walking the opposite way (past Swan and Dolphin) on our prior YC stays.

We also ate at Shula's for the first time this year. There is a 20% off coupon if you google online for most Swan and Dolphin restaurants through the end of 2016 and the short walk to Shula's at the Dolphin was awesome. We also ate at Il Mullino (Swan), Rose and Crown Pub and Via Napoli, all within walking distance of our room at the BC and highly recommend them all!

The weather was great. Only rained twice during pool time quickly. Pool only closed once that we knew of. The rain NEVER affected our trip whatsoever and while we had a few hot days/evenings, we also had some pleasant not too hot evenings/late afternoons.

We also enjoy the quietness of the YC lobby as opposed to the BC lobby. But we have only stayed during a slow convention time (magical labor day time) so maybe if we were at the YC during a serious convention time we would feel differently.

Well, until next year, I will continue to read this awesome board (thanks Dee) to survive.

Attachments

• beachclub1.JPG
    beachclub1.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 76
  • beachclub2.JPG
    beachclub2.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 73
  • beachclub3.JPG
    beachclub3.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 72
Oh, forgot to ask, love the shower curtain in the Beach Club rooms, does anyone know if you can buy it and where? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter