Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I keep forgetting if the nearest playground is at Boardwalk or the Swan/Dolphin. Help, someone!

:goodvibes

There's a playground located on the back part of the "beach" between the Swan/Dolphin. The least confusing way to access it would be to use the path that goes by the Swan pool. It's just at the end of that before you actually get to the Dolphin "beach".

Went into Epcot tonight at 7:00pm. We walked in through IG (very smooth / quick) - still went through metal detector. We went to Japan to shop (DD17 has to have at least an hour in here once a trip). At 8:10 we went to Italy for a signature dessert party put on by our TA group. It started at 8:30pm. It was so nice! Tables / table cloths, chairs, lovely center pieces with Mickey gloves and light up wands (I won a center piece! The trivia question was 'How many countries are in the world showcase?'), lemonade/water/tea/champagne/cider, blue velvet cupcakes, peanut butter and jelly cupcakes, cookies, a chocolate square, key lime tarts and lovely fresh fruit. The desserts were simple but nice. There were also glow sticks on our tables. We were given special 'mickey' glasses - so cool! When the fireworks went off, there were cascades of Mickey heads everywhere. BTW, when the heck did Illuminations change? I really liked it, but I expected the old show lol, so I was confused for a minute:rotfl:. Then, when Illuminations (so beautiful) was over, we were told we were being given a magical moment. We followed a CM from Italy, all the way to Soarin'. So even though the park was closed at 9:00pm, we got on Soarin' about 9:40pm. This was a night we will remember! Finally, we walked back to BC (have I said how happy I am to have finally found the secret passage way ... aka air conditioned path to the lobby) and collapsed in our room! Tomorrow morning we have breakfast at Cape May Cafe, and hopefully a swim in SAB. We've used SAB every day of our trip. The sand bottom feels so nice on my feet. I'm going to miss SAB. Then we will move to PORS for a week ... I will likely try to continue to post from that thread. Thanks to all of you for reading my posts! Hope your upcoming trips are magical :wave:
Question for you BC pro's ... can I buy the shower curtain anywhere? I'd love to have one of these for home.
We were in Japan just before you. DD picked a pearl for her upcoming birthday and she got a perfect twins. We then walked past your dessert party whilst finding a good spot for Illuminations (we were impressed that you had tables and chairs). I was also confused with the change to Illuminations lol.

Question for you BC pro's ... can I buy the shower curtain anywhere? I'd love to have one of these for home.

Great question...

I checked my sources: Disney Resort Collection at the Disney Store, "Own the Magic" and I googled combinations of Disney/Beach Club/Mickey/bubble shower curtains and the only thing I came up with was a shower curtain (shell design) from BCV on eBay.

Look through the materials in the folder in your room and/or ask at the front desk.

Good luck!

Today I am ending all my posts with paw:

Go Wildcats!

paw:

We were in Japan just before you. DD picked a pearl for her upcoming birthday and she got a perfect twins. We then walked past your dessert party whilst finding a good spot for Illuminations (we were impressed that you had tables and chairs). I was also confused with the change to Illuminations lol.
'Small World' lol :wave2: Yes, the chairs were the biggest plus of the dessert party for us. And the lovely breeze last night was refreshing! Nice weather for Disney. Congrats on twin pearls. That's rare ... make for a nice set of earrings:-)

Sorry, too busy enjoying our relax trip to write reviews of our wonderful time here. :oops:Will do when we are back home ::yes:: Leaving tomorrow.

In short, everything is perfect except a minuscule thing (sorry if :offtopic:):
Uneven amout of pixie dusting between siblings is blowing a bit of magic out of my DD who turned 11y.o.

I explain: On her Birthday, restaurant did not acknowledge DD11 (the reasonable, accomodating big sister) even if she was wearing her button and a note was on the reservation. We got a call from Minnie in our room though, resort has been great. So I called the next morning to add a note to our night restaurant reservation without telling her, still nothing. Then, two days later it is DD8 and 3/4 celebration and she gets treats from carts, a candle at dinner and a call as well. So I tried once more mentioning DD11 at a restaurant last night. She gets a happy birthay from the waiter, but no candles, no fuss... Worst than nothing because now she knows they knew. Well, even if she tried to hide it, I did see a tear rolling from her eyes.

Do you have any ideas at how Mickey could show her that he does not love her less because she turned 11?

If it was me I'd either secretly order and pay for some in room treats (chocolate Mickey type thing) or call at front desk and explain your dilemma and ask them if it's possible to have balloons/card/or treats you buy from the store delivered to the room while you are out at dinner tonight. I know we have gotten signed photos and balloons weighted with a chocolate bar in the past. We didn't ask for them but it's worth a try especially if you're willing to pay for the treats :)

Last edited:
Food was really good. Very big servings too. It was typical bar food. I had the ESPN dingers and fries, DH had fish and chips (he said ok, not as good as fish and chips from UK Yorkshire County Fish Shop), DD17 had angus burger (this was really good) and fries, DD14 had perogies (she loved these) and a side of mac and cheese - the mac and cheese was awesome! DD14 couldn't find a meal she wanted so they said she could put a couple of sides / apps together. Approx $60 plus tip ... very reasonable prices. Good OOP value. We loved having a small tv right beside our table (in the bar area) and you could ask them to put on game of your choice!

Thanks for your review! My 12 yo DS is not a huge fan of WDW, mainly because he doesn't like to ride. :sad2: BUT he does love sports! So this seems like a great place to go one night "for him."

Uneven amout of pixie dusting between siblings is blowing a bit of magic out of my DD who turned 11y.o.

...Well, even if she tried to hide it, I did see a tear rolling from her eyes.

Do you have any ideas at how Mickey could show her that he does not love her less because she turned 11?

I don't have any suggestions, but poor sweet girl. That makes my heart hurt for her.:guilty:

Hi leaving Sunday for our stay @ BC! Few questions for those who are there or recently left.

Are Cases of water still available for purchase at the marketplace?
Does Marketplace have no pulp OJ? (anyone know if its sold at the parks as well? My daughter pretty much lives on OJ mixed with water).
Bus stop news? Did they move BCs Bus Stop to convention center?
Aaaannnnd what are you Floridians hearing about Invest99L?

Thanks!

I love the h2o stuff from BC. I have a lot of long hair so I always ask for extra. This time, mousekeeping left me a big ole plastic bag filled with many many extras. (The blue soap was from our stay at POR. I asked for extras there but only got one or two more bottles.) The following picture is what we came home with after using them for almost a week.

~Cari~ pluto:

Wow, you did well! Glad to hear you liked them. I'm always trying to pack a little lighter, so this is helpful!

It's a bit hot so partaking of a Grey Goose Slushie n France.

So jealous of you right now!

We used the shampoo and conditionner (3 of us with find long straight hair) and did not regret leaving the shampoo bottle home.

Awesome, thanks!

Sorry, too busy enjoying our relax trip to write reviews of our wonderful time here. :oops:Will do when we are back home ::yes:: Leaving tomorrow.

I explain: On her Birthday, restaurant did not acknowledge DD11 (the reasonable, accomodating big sister) even if she was wearing her button and a note was on the reservation. We got a call from Minnie in our room though, resort has been great. So I called the next morning to add a note to our night restaurant reservation without telling her, still nothing. Then, two days later it is DD8 and 3/4 celebration and she gets treats from carts, a candle at dinner and a call as well. So I tried once more mentioning DD11 at a restaurant last night. She gets a happy birthay from the waiter, but no candles, no fuss... Worst than nothing because now she knows they knew. Well, even if she tried to hide it, I did see a tear rolling from her eyes.

Oh, poor girl! I would talk to the host at your next dinner AND take your server aside and talk to him/her too. Explain exactly what you've said here and ask if she can get some candles in her dessert this time. Or as a PP said, talk to the front desk and see about getting something special delivered to your room. I hope that you/Disney can make it right!

Sorry this is happening. I know birthday celebrations aren't guaranteed to get anything, but it's really hard when there are so many inconsistencies.

We had a similar experience in Feb where DD6 didn't get any acknowledgement of her birthday at all. Other kids noticed her button walking around and said happy birthday to her which was super sweet!

Disney needs to have a more consistent policy for how they handle celebrations. We're going in November for other DD birthday and I'm almost hoping they ignore her birthday,too, so DD6 doesn't get jealous o_O

I like PP suggestions of asking for the front desk's help in delivering something you purchase. This may prompt them to send some pixie dust your way, and if not she'll still get a surprise. Good luck and happy birthday to her:bday:

When my DD was younger she got sprinkled with more pixie dust in various situations. As she's gotten older, especially because she looks a lot older than she is (right now at 13, people mistake her for 18 or 19), I explained to her that she probably wouldn't get as much pixie dust. It's just kind of the way it is. She still gets a Happy Birthday occasionally, when we go for her birthday, from CMs but rarely a cupcake or anything else. But to make it special for her, I order something from Disney Florist to be delivered to the room & have them sign it from Mickey. Last year she confessed she knows the gifts have really been from us. LOL.

After our Crescent Lake walk this morning (@Wood Nymph we got our early morning coffee at Ale and Compass :thumbsup2) we woke the girls and had a wonderful character breakfast at Cape May Cafe. The crepe station is new (or at least new to us). We loved it! DD's had the nutella crepes, I had the caramelized banana crepe, and DH has the mascarpone cheese with fresh fruit crepe. We also loved the guava mango juice- delicious. And of course, Mickey waffles:-) Our waitress was lovely. She brought us a pot of coffee and juice. We got to see the characters fairly early on, which was nice so we could then relax and enjoy the food. Fresh fruit selection and mini muffins were really nice. Great character interaction - multiple visits. Great service. After our breakfast, we took a cab to PORS - checked in at Riverside now. We will likely boat to Disney Springs for the evening.
BC was a blast! Hope to be back:disrocks:

That's a shame. When we were here in July it was DS birthday. I had phoned to add it to Tusker House breakfast but the lovely CM added it to everything. We had the dining plan for 15 nights. Tusker House, Garden Grill, Teppan Edo and Boma (dinner) wished him happy birthday and he got cake, card, chefs hat. We were all chuffed. We ate at 11 other places including Boma again where it was not mentioned. I wonder if some places and some just don't?
We sneak things in the room and arrange them for him with notes from Mickey or Tinkerbell, I think we are the bigger kids. Will you get a chance to even do that? Even if she is old enough to suss its from you she will still like it.

First, that is a total bummer and I agree that it's not fair for one to get extra pixie dust and not the other. Heck, I'd feel bummed as an adult.

That being said, it felt like you tried really hard to make the pixie dust happen, kept noticing it wasn't, and kept going at it. Almost like you were setting yourself up to be disappointed if they didn't get your hints. You could have planned a little pixie dust of your own by specifically requesting what you wanted to happen. Instead of waiting for the CMs to take note of the button or to say something more than happy birthday, you might have tried saying something like, "It's her birthday, is there something special you do? Candles on the dessert? A special song?" That way the CM didn't have to "get the hint", they would be trying to think of ways to make the pixie dust happen. And if they then failed, you can still do something special, order the special dessert, pay for the special gift.
pixiedust:Pixie dust is wonderful because you never know when it's going to happen. When you get it it's great, just don't count on it as a given. You'll set yourself up for disappointment.

~Cari~ pluto:

After our Crescent Lake walk this morning (@Wood Nymph we got our early morning coffee at Ale and Compass ) we woke the girls and had a wonderful character breakfast at Cape May Cafe. The crepe station is new (or at least new to us). We loved it! DD's had the nutella crepes, I had the caramelized banana crepe, and DH has the mascarpone cheese with fresh fruit crepe. We also loved the guava mango juice- delicious. And of course, Mickey waffles Our waitress was lovely. She brought us a pot of coffee and juice. We got to see the characters fairly early on, which was nice so we could then relax and enjoy the food. Fresh fruit selection and mini muffins were really nice. Great character interaction - multiple visits. Great service. After our breakfast, we took a cab to PORS - checked in at Riverside now. We will likely boat to Disney Springs for the evening. BC was a blast! Hope to be back
Thank you for allowing us to vacation vicariously through your daily reports. I hope you have a great time at POR (we like staying in the mansions) and the rest of your trip goes well.
Katesdad

After our Crescent Lake walk this morning (@Wood Nymph we got our early morning coffee at Ale and Compass :thumbsup2) we woke the girls and had a wonderful character breakfast at Cape May Cafe. The crepe station is new (or at least new to us). We loved it! DD's had the nutella crepes, I had the caramelized banana crepe, and DH has the mascarpone cheese with fresh fruit crepe. We also loved the guava mango juice- delicious. And of course, Mickey waffles:-) Our waitress was lovely. She brought us a pot of coffee and juice. We got to see the characters fairly early on, which was nice so we could then relax and enjoy the food. Fresh fruit selection and mini muffins were really nice. Great character interaction - multiple visits. Great service. After our breakfast, we took a cab to PORS - checked in at Riverside now. We will likely boat to Disney Springs for the evening.
BC was a blast! Hope to be back:disrocks:
So glad you enjoyed your BC stay! We have an ADR at Cape May for breakfast on the morning of Labor Day, and I LOVE crepes, so I am mainly excited for those.. they sound delicious!!! Enjoy Riverside! That is where we have been staying since 2007! It is my favorite moderate resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter