Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Lifejackets at SAB: what parts of SAB don't allow them? My 4 yo loves to go down the slides but still cannot swim, so a life jacket is necessary. TIA!

Back at BC for a rest / swim. This morning, after our Crescent Lake walk (btw we got our coffee :coffee: on our walk at Boardwalk Bakery at 6:30am because Marketplace isn't open for beverages until 7:00am) we headed to Epcot. Woke up DD's then were in line for Epcot at 7:40am. Today is EMH at Epcot. Bag check didn't start until 8:00am, so we weren't through bag check/metal detectors/magic band scan until 8:10am. Everyone was sent through the metal detectors again and even if you didn't have a bag, you still had to stay in the same line as people with bags. We walked to Frozen Ever After (nice pace, enjoying our surroundings and most people around us were the same). Rode standby (20 min wait tops), then went to see Anna and Elsa (5 min wait posted, but walked right in). We have never met them before and the character interaction was great. They were in role and so enjoyable to meet. We then walked to to SOAT and walked on (it was just 9:00am at this time). Next we did Soarin' (30 min standby tops), followed by Spaceship Earth (FP) and Mission Space (FP) and Ellen's Energy Adventure (I know most people don't like it, :duck: but we do. Plus, it was cool and we needed a rest and I think the rumors are that it might not be around too much longer). Finally we used our Test Track FP, then walked to Mexico (and did the boat ride in Mexico). From here, we split up at 12:15. DH and DD17 went to Le Cellier for poutine, cheddar beer soup and mussels. DD14 and I went to Via Napoli. I LOVED it! We've been twice before and I've always been 'meh' about it. I go each year because DD14 loves it, but this trip it was so good. I had a margherita individual pizza while DD14 had the individual white pizza and we shared. We both had a blood orange fresca and it was so refreshing. Now I'm looking forward to going again next year:goodvibes We also had a popcorn refill (1/2 buffalo chicken and 1/2 sour cream) and a stop in Germany at Karamel Kuche (milk chocolate sea salt caramel square, rice crispy square, caramel apple - had them all cut so we could share them this afternoon in our room). After a rest (perhaps nap) we will go to SAB. We are back at Epcot this evening for a night in the world showcase and Illuminations :woohoo:.

First let me say I'm loving your here now posts. Wow, it really sounds like ya'll got loads of stuff done before lunch, I'm tired just reading it. Ya'll are really taking advantage of the pop corn bucket. Wish they would keep it.

First let me say I'm loving your here now posts. Wow, it really sounds like ya'll got loads of stuff done before lunch, I'm tired just reading it. Ya'll are really taking advantage of the pop corn bucket. Wish they would keep it.
Thank you for your kind words. I think that this Yacht and Beach Club thread has given me the best information over the last couple of years and I'm trying to return the information now:-) I think that the information I've received here is the reason we're able to plan / get so much done. We go to Disney once a year, so we want to make the best of it. It is also a friendly thread - I've never been worried about asking a question here. Sadly, we are leaving the BC tomorrow for a week at PORS (Free dining ... like I haven't eaten enough already :faint:). But we do love PORS - usually stay POFQ. And yes, the popcorn bucket has been awesome!
Off to Epcot in a few minutes! Will try to report back tonight:goodvibes

Lifejackets at SAB: what parts of SAB don't allow them? My 4 yo loves to go down the slides but still cannot swim, so a life jacket is necessary. TIA!

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

As far as I know, guests can wear lifejackets in any part of Stormalong Bay, including on the Jib Slide. The issue with the slide is that parents can't wait immediately at the slide end for kids. The kids are supposed to swim away from the exit of the slide.

Here is part of the info from Post 3 on Page 1 of this thread. Post 2 is all about SAB and Post 3 is about the slide, kiddie pool and quiet pools.

P7130789.jpg

* Please note that adults are not allowed to wait at the exit of the larger pool slide.

FAQ: Are children permitted to wear floatation devices on the Jib Slide?
A: Yes, subject to the life guard's discretion.

:fish:

Food was really good. Very big servings too. It was typical bar food. I had the ESPN dingers and fries, DH had fish and chips (he said ok, not as good as fish and chips from UK Yorkshire County Fish Shop), DD17 had angus burger (this was really good) and fries, DD14 had perogies (she loved these) and a side of mac and cheese - the mac and cheese was awesome! DD14 couldn't find a meal she wanted so they said she could put a couple of sides / apps together. Approx $60 plus tip ... very reasonable prices. Good OOP value. We loved having a small tv right beside our table (in the bar area) and you could ask them to put on game of your choice!

Your DD14 sounds like me, ordering sides for dinner, and my DD, for loving carbs! Thanks for the info. The only thing we ever had there was beer on NYrs Eve 2009. :)

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

As far as I know, guests can wear lifejackets in any part of Stormalong Bay, including on the Jib Slide. The issue with the slide is that parents can't wait immediately at the slide end for kids. The kids are supposed to swim away from the exit of the slide.

Here is part of the info from Post 3 on Page 1 of this thread. Post 2 is all about SAB and Post 3 is about the slide, kiddie pool and quiet pools.

P7130789.jpg

* Please note that adults are not allowed to wait at the exit of the larger pool slide.

FAQ: Are children permitted to wear floatation devices on the Jib Slide?
A: Yes, subject to the life guard's discretion.

:fish:
Thanks for the warm welcome! We are trying to squeeze in a last minute trip Labor Day weekend (Yes, the holiday in 1 week! Haha). Just waiting for my airline points to post tomorrow, so we can try to get some last minute airfares with them. We are staying at POR RR with extended family in December (first moderate stay, lil nervous, but the deluxes didn't fit in everyone's budget), but I need a Disney fix before then! We were planning on having a park-free trip since we are going in a few months, and I thought SAB might be a good choice since we plan on spending almost all the time at the pool. I have a 1 and 4 yo, so I thought there was something for each of them at SAB. I'm torn between CL at YC versus a standard room at GF since that's the only monorail resort we haven't tried. We've never stayed in the Boardwalk area, so new is exciting too! I'm rambling haha

Actually, we hope that it will be the Cubs who will playing. ;) Your post reminds me that I need to check the playoff schedule. We stayed in a 2br BC villa when the Bears were in the playoffs and we spent the afternoon watching the game in the living room of the villa with the extended family. That was fun.

I think the Cubs have an excellent chance this year! If the Nats don't make it out of the 1st round, I will be rooting for the Cubbies. :)

Sadly, we are leaving the BC tomorrow for a week at PORS (Free dining ... like I haven't eaten enough already :faint:). But we do love PORS - usually stay POFQ.
We stayed at POR this past June with the free dining bounce back that we had booked last August when we came to the BC for the Dis meet. :) I hope you enjoy all the free food. :)

We are staying at POR RR with extended family in December (first moderate stay, lil nervous, but the deluxes didn't fit in everyone's budget), but I need a Disney fix before then!
We usually stay at deluxe resorts but have stayed at POR twice now, both for short stays, and we liked the resort. :) It was nicer than I thought it would be.

Have you tried clicking on "Show Detail," which is directly over to the right from where it says "These Details Are on File"? That is on the same page that provides transportation, arrival, credit card info, room notification, and other pertinent info.

I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I seem to remember seeing that same message, when my online check-in window opened.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/trip/online-check-in/
Wow! I just clicked on this link ( which I had never seen before). I was amazed that my on-line check-in was incomplete! I'm not sure why? But, I'm thankful for this post. I appreciate the fact that it was posted here.

Went into Epcot tonight at 7:00pm. We walked in through IG (very smooth / quick) - still went through metal detector. We went to Japan to shop (DD17 has to have at least an hour in here once a trip). At 8:10 we went to Italy for a signature dessert party put on by our TA group. It started at 8:30pm. It was so nice! Tables / table cloths, chairs, lovely center pieces with Mickey gloves and light up wands (I won a center piece! The trivia question was 'How many countries are in the world showcase?'), lemonade/water/tea/champagne/cider, blue velvet cupcakes, peanut butter and jelly cupcakes, cookies, a chocolate square, key lime tarts and lovely fresh fruit. The desserts were simple but nice. There were also glow sticks on our tables. We were given special 'mickey' glasses - so cool! When the fireworks went off, there were cascades of Mickey heads everywhere. BTW, when the heck did Illuminations change? I really liked it, but I expected the old show lol, so I was confused for a minute:rotfl:. Then, when Illuminations (so beautiful) was over, we were told we were being given a magical moment. We followed a CM from Italy, all the way to Soarin'. So even though the park was closed at 9:00pm, we got on Soarin' about 9:40pm. This was a night we will remember! Finally, we walked back to BC (have I said how happy I am to have finally found the secret passage way ... aka air conditioned path to the lobby) and collapsed in our room! Tomorrow morning we have breakfast at Cape May Cafe, and hopefully a swim in SAB. We've used SAB every day of our trip. The sand bottom feels so nice on my feet. I'm going to miss SAB. Then we will move to PORS for a week ... I will likely try to continue to post from that thread. Thanks to all of you for reading my posts! Hope your upcoming trips are magical :wave:
Question for you BC pro's ... can I buy the shower curtain anywhere? I'd love to have one of these for home.

It was quite hot today, wasn't it! We needed to cool down in the worst way...

Blood orange / minty pineapple margaritas from cava del tequila :)

Wine flights in Germany...

shots of limoncello and borghetti in Italy...

Red stag slushies, and hard root beer floats in USA...

Sake in Japan...

Cocktails in Morocco...

Nice glass or two of Sauvignon with my beef in Chef de France for dinner....

You get the picture ;)

Whilst I'm thinking of Chef De France- oh my god, the duck is amazing! My brand spanking new wife ordered it, and it was out of this world good. So good in fact that I think we're going to try and fit it in again before we leave, even if it means missing Yachtsman (where there wasn't much on the menu that interested DW anyway). I had the beef tenderloin, so I still get my beef fix either way- I'd like to try yachtsman, but compromising slightly to ensure DW has a great meal isn't a big deal! Happy wife, happy life etc!!

Thanks for the warm welcome! We are trying to squeeze in a last minute trip Labor Day weekend (Yes, the holiday in 1 week! Haha). Just waiting for my airline points to post tomorrow, so we can try to get some last minute airfares with them. We are staying at POR RR with extended family in December (first moderate stay, lil nervous, but the deluxes didn't fit in everyone's budget), but I need a Disney fix before then! We were planning on having a park-free trip since we are going in a few months, and I thought SAB might be a good choice since we plan on spending almost all the time at the pool. I have a 1 and 4 yo, so I thought there was something for each of them at SAB. I'm torn between CL at YC versus a standard room at GF since that's the only monorail resort we haven't tried. We've never stayed in the Boardwalk area, so new is exciting too! I'm rambling haha

Both are good choices for resort only trips, but for a Labor Day trip, the kids will have so much fun in the pool- there is the shallow sand area and also the amazing kiddie pool and slide hidden behind the stairs of the big slide. Check out the pictures in Post 3.

I keep forgetting if the nearest playground is at Boardwalk or the Swan/Dolphin. Help, someone!

And you can see the higher fireworks from Illuminations and Hollywood Studios from various places around the resort. Read over Post 13 and Post 14 for a good overview of the resort.

:goodvibes

Can anyone tell me about the quality of the toiletries in the BC rooms? I'm thrilled to be in a deluxe for the first time and have so many! I'm used to just the shampoo/conditioner-in-one and the bar soap at the values. I'm not too picky about shampoo and shower gel, and I don't use anything super fancy at home, but I have fine, curly hair that gets extremely hard to comb if I don't have good conditioner, and dry skin that needs a decent lotion. Anyone who uses conditioner and body lotion regularly and has tried out the BC versions, can you tell me if they are pretty good or if I should continue to bring my own from home on our trip?
We used the shampoo and conditionner (3 of us with find long straight hair) and did not regret leaving the shampoo bottle home.

Sorry, too busy enjoying our relax trip to write reviews of our wonderful time here. :oops:Will do when we are back home ::yes:: Leaving tomorrow.

In short, everything is perfect except a minuscule thing (sorry if :offtopic:):
Uneven amout of pixie dusting between siblings is blowing a bit of magic out of my DD who turned 11y.o.

I explain: On her Birthday, restaurant did not acknowledge DD11 (the reasonable, accomodating big sister) even if she was wearing her button and a note was on the reservation. We got a call from Minnie in our room though, resort has been great. So I called the next morning to add a note to our night restaurant reservation without telling her, still nothing. Then, two days later it is DD8 and 3/4 celebration and she gets treats from carts, a candle at dinner and a call as well. So I tried once more mentioning DD11 at a restaurant last night. She gets a happy birthay from the waiter, but no candles, no fuss... Worst than nothing because now she knows they knew. Well, even if she tried to hide it, I did see a tear rolling from her eyes.

Do you have any ideas at how Mickey could show her that he does not love her less because she turned 11?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter