Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I did on line check in on Monday at my 60 day window. However, I was never offered the drop down list of options for requests. Next to requests it simply said "listed". I have called in a request but I have never seen or heard of this happening to anyone. Any one know whats up?
If you hit the "show details" button at the bottom of this section, you will be able to make/edit your requests. I had to play with this for quite a while the other night myself! :)

I did on line check in on Monday at my 60 day window. However, I was never offered the drop down list of options for requests. Next to requests it simply said "listed". I have called in a request but I have never seen or heard of this happening to anyone. Any one know whats up?

Have you tried clicking on "Show Detail," which is directly over to the right from where it says "These Details Are on File"? That is on the same page that provides transportation, arrival, credit card info, room notification, and other pertinent info.

I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I seem to remember seeing that same message, when my online check-in window opened.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/trip/online-check-in/

I have updated the Be Our Guest list this morning with lots of additions/changes. Please take a moment to make sure I have your information listed correctly. There are quite a few guests, especially for 2017 without specific dates. Post your actual dates if you want me to add them. Or not. Up to you!

:goodvibes

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

You must be relieved to have something booked!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:
Dee, I can't believe how much work you do on this site! I just looked at the Be Our Guest list and saw my name along with the cute kissing emojis that you put for our anniversary. Then I saw YOUR upcoming stay in October and YOUR 30th anniversary! Congratulations! Wow, that is an accomplishment! When I was in my twenties I thought people who had been married 30 years were so old, but now, as I am sure you know, we are actually quite young! Really still kids at heart! My DH and I honeymooned at the Polynesian. When we get to WDW next month we are spending two nights at the Poly CL, but then moving to our favorite area, Crescent Lake! We have stayed BC, YC and BWI many times and we love them all. I was able to secure the best rate at YC and we are just so excited. Can't wait for Food and Wine!!

Great afternoon and evening at DHS and Beach Club / Boardwalk. Pool closed for a bit in the afternoon :umbrella: (first rain we've had in a week, but it looks like there is a lot on its' way). Swam about 1:30-2:30. More like floated with our pool noodles :goodvibes Then we took the boat to DHS. While waiting for our boat, a lovely lady pixie dusted us with paper FP for any ride at DHS! It was awesome to get these passes (I remember the days of paper FP when you could gift them to others). We road ToT (FP), RnR (FP), TSM (30 min standby posted, but really about 20 min), GMR (gifted Fastpasses), Indiana Jones (FP), refilled our popcorn bucket again popcorn::, then took boat to Boardwalk for supper at ESPN (awesome table with tv - we asked for the Blue Jays game, but wished we hadn't because it was 5-0 for LA after the first inning :faint:). Great service, love the sports theme/vibe. Then we shopped at Screen Door (love this store; it's been changed a bit since last year), watched a juggler and a magician, and then the kids got ice cream from Ample Creamery (Strawberries and Cream and a Peanut Butter flavor - I sampled Sally Sells Seashells and Ooey Gooey ...all good!) Watched Starwars Fireworks from the Boardwalk and then walked back to BC and saw Illuminations. The weather was awesome - breezy and comfortable! Another great day :woohoo:

Love the details! I just realized that when we go in October 2017, it will be during the playoffs and we may need to stop by ESPN for some dinner and baseball! ( especially if the Nats, Mets, or Yankees are playing) How was the food?

I have updated the Be Our Guest list this morning with lots of additions/changes. Please take a moment to make sure I have your information listed correctly. There are quite a few guests, especially for 2017 without specific dates. Post your actual dates if you want me to add them. Or not. Up to you!
Thanks Dee
Katesdad

If you hit the "show details" button at the bottom of this section, you will be able to make/edit your requests. I had to play with this for quite a while the other night myself! :)

Have you tried clicking on "Show Detail," which is directly over to the right from where it says "These Details Are on File"? That is on the same page that provides transportation, arrival, credit card info, room notification, and other pertinent info.

I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I seem to remember seeing that same message, when my online check-in window opened.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/trip/online-check-in/

Thanks. I just did it again & I found the " Edit Details" button. All set

However, guests of the BC/YC/BCV who need to be at the front of the park BEFORE park opening (for example, marathon runners or for special tours) will probably need to take a taxi or Uber from the resort to the front entrance of EPCOT.

Dee - Disney runs a special bus service on race mornings. The buses pick up at each resort for both runners and spectators who need to get to the race area before the park opens. Disney posts signs near the International Gateway and in the lobbies of the Epcot resorts, warning people that they will not be able to walk through Epcot prior to park opening.

Love the details! I just realized that when we go in October 2017, it will be during the playoffs and we may need to stop by ESPN for some dinner and baseball! ( especially if the Nats, Mets, or Yankees are playing) How was the food?
Actually, we hope that it will be the Cubs who will playing. ;) Your post reminds me that I need to check the playoff schedule. We stayed in a 2br BC villa when the Bears were in the playoffs and we spent the afternoon watching the game in the living room of the villa with the extended family. That was fun.

Checking in to our first first stay at Beach Club Villas in 49 days!!!! Going to start online check in. What are everyones favorite room requests?

page 627

:welcome: to the thread!!!

Do you have an upcoming trip or are you just following along and hanging with the cool kids?

:goodvibes

These are great pictures. I will use them to replace the ones I have for the Secret Exit- my pictures are ancient, so I think an updating of the post is in order.

:magnify:

:wave:

A smart man!

Glad to hear we have another convert!

:thumbsup2
January 2017 is my next BCV trip - down for marathon weekend. Heading for a split stay at Poly Villas and OKW in about 10 days! BCV is my home resort and I love it - have to get my fix somehow so lurking here and hearing about everyone else's trips helps!

Food was really good. Very big servings too. It was typical bar food. I had the ESPN dingers and fries, DH had fish and chips (he said ok, not as good as fish and chips from UK Yorkshire County Fish Shop), DD17 had angus burger (this was really good) and fries, DD14 had perogies (she loved these) and a side of mac and cheese - the mac and cheese was awesome! DD14 couldn't find a meal she wanted so they said she could put a couple of sides / apps together. Approx $60 plus tip ... very reasonable prices. Good OOP value. We loved having a small tv right beside our table (in the bar area) and you could ask them to put on game of your choice!

Back at BC for a rest / swim. This morning, after our Crescent Lake walk (btw we got our coffee :coffee: on our walk at Boardwalk Bakery at 6:30am because Marketplace isn't open for beverages until 7:00am) we headed to Epcot. Woke up DD's then were in line for Epcot at 7:40am. Today is EMH at Epcot. Bag check didn't start until 8:00am, so we weren't through bag check/metal detectors/magic band scan until 8:10am. Everyone was sent through the metal detectors again and even if you didn't have a bag, you still had to stay in the same line as people with bags. We walked to Frozen Ever After (nice pace, enjoying our surroundings and most people around us were the same). Rode standby (20 min wait tops), then went to see Anna and Elsa (5 min wait posted, but walked right in). We have never met them before and the character interaction was great. They were in role and so enjoyable to meet. We then walked to to SOAT and walked on (it was just 9:00am at this time). Next we did Soarin' (30 min standby tops), followed by Spaceship Earth (FP) and Mission Space (FP) and Ellen's Energy Adventure (I know most people don't like it, :duck: but we do. Plus, it was cool and we needed a rest and I think the rumors are that it might not be around too much longer). Finally we used our Test Track FP, then walked to Mexico (and did the boat ride in Mexico). From here, we split up at 12:15. DH and DD17 went to Le Cellier for poutine, cheddar beer soup and mussels. DD14 and I went to Via Napoli. I LOVED it! We've been twice before and I've always been 'meh' about it. I go each year because DD14 loves it, but this trip it was so good. I had a margherita individual pizza while DD14 had the individual white pizza and we shared. We both had a blood orange fresca and it was so refreshing. Now I'm looking forward to going again next year:goodvibes We also had a popcorn refill (1/2 buffalo chicken and 1/2 sour cream) and a stop in Germany at Karamel Kuche (milk chocolate sea salt caramel square, rice crispy square, caramel apple - had them all cut so we could share them this afternoon in our room). After a rest (perhaps nap) we will go to SAB. We are back at Epcot this evening for a night in the world showcase and Illuminations :woohoo:.

During major sporting events, there is a big screen set up outside.

They do offer a 10% discount for AP, DVC, and Disney Visa cardholders and a 20% discount for TIW.

If you ever decide to walk the other way then you can pick up your coffee at the Ale and Compass at the YC. :)

That is good information about the Frozen ride during EMH. And we like Ellen, too. :)

Where did you buy your refillable popcorn bucket? It sounds like a great deal.
Thanks for letting me know about the Ale and Compass. I know where it is, but I didn't know it was open earlier for coffee. I need my coffee as soon as I roll out of bed lol. I was kind of surprised I couldn't get it before 7:00am, so good to know I can walk to Yacht Club:thanks:

We bought the refillable popcorn bucket at MK on August 19th and have had 9 refills! @ 1.50 each. All four of us like popcorn, so we share it. It's refillable in all four parks. I have heard it might only be something they do until September 1st (we leave September 2nd, so ok for us). Hopefully they will extend it. It's been great value. You can buy the buckets at all four parks (ours says MK because that's where we purchased it). They are themed for whatever park you purchase them in but good at all 4. popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Help! Here now- what's the quickest way to HDDR? We're willing to take a taxi to fort wilderness but do we need to take another bus once we get there? Just looking for the quickest way- TIA!

Help! Here now- what's the quickest way to HDDR? We're willing to take a taxi to fort wilderness but do we need to take another bus once we get there? Just looking for the quickest way- TIA!
If you take a taxi then you would have to take the internal bus to Pioneer Hall. But it isn't a long bus ride. I would count on a 15 minute taxi ride and a fifteen minute bus ride. Just don't take the MK bus to the FW boat. We did that for Trail's End dinner and it took forever. :(

If you take a taxi then you would have to take the internal bus to Pioneer Hall. But it isn't a long bus ride. I would count on a 15 minute taxi ride and a fifteen minute bus ride. Just don't take the MK bus to the FW boat. We did that for Trail's End dinner and it took forever. :(
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!