Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Great start to your morning!

I didn't know The Land (Sunshine Seasons?) had flavored popcorn.

Last August, one of our monkeys took us on a field trip to the Imagination area because of this:

View attachment 189600

I'm looking at this image without paying attention to who posted it and I'm thinking "Why is my home made iced tea in this picture? That's really weird... " and then the brain kicked in and without looking I realize it's Dee who posted the picture and I remember the moment...

~NM

Great afternoon and evening at DHS and Beach Club / Boardwalk. Pool closed for a bit in the afternoon :umbrella: (first rain we've had in a week, but it looks like there is a lot on its' way). Swam about 1:30-2:30. More like floated with our pool noodles :goodvibes Then we took the boat to DHS. While waiting for our boat, a lovely lady pixie dusted us with paper FP for any ride at DHS! It was awesome to get these passes (I remember the days of paper FP when you could gift them to others). We road ToT (FP), RnR (FP), TSM (30 min standby posted, but really about 20 min), GMR (gifted Fastpasses), Indiana Jones (FP), refilled our popcorn bucket again popcorn::, then took boat to Boardwalk for supper at ESPN (awesome table with tv - we asked for the Blue Jays game, but wished we hadn't because it was 5-0 for LA after the first inning :faint:). Great service, love the sports theme/vibe. Then we shopped at Screen Door (love this store; it's been changed a bit since last year), watched a juggler and a magician, and then the kids got ice cream from Ample Creamery (Strawberries and Cream and a Peanut Butter flavor - I sampled Sally Sells Seashells and Ooey Gooey ...all good!) Watched Starwars Fireworks from the Boardwalk and then walked back to BC and saw Illuminations. The weather was awesome - breezy and comfortable! Another great day :woohoo:

Watched Starwars Fireworks from the Boardwalk and then walked back to BC and saw Illuminations. The weather was awesome - breezy and comfortable! Another great day :woohoo:

Can I ask where you watched? Planning our trip for October and have no idea where we could watch SW fireworks or illuminations. (First time at the BC!) I welcome hearing from those with words of wisdom!

Can anyone tell me about the quality of the toiletries in the BC rooms? I'm thrilled to be in a deluxe for the first time and have so many! I'm used to just the shampoo/conditioner-in-one and the bar soap at the values. I'm not too picky about shampoo and shower gel, and I don't use anything super fancy at home, but I have fine, curly hair that gets extremely hard to comb if I don't have good conditioner, and dry skin that needs a decent lotion. Anyone who uses conditioner and body lotion regularly and has tried out the BC versions, can you tell me if they are pretty good or if I should continue to bring my own from home on our trip?
I love the h2o stuff from BC. I have a lot of long hair so I always ask for extra. This time, mousekeeping left me a big ole plastic bag filled with many many extras. (The blue soap was from our stay at POR. I asked for extras there but only got one or two more bottles.) The following picture is what we came home with after using them for almost a week.

~Cari~ pluto:

Returned yesterday from a great trip to the Beach Club 8/19 to 8/23. We booked a water view room Club Level and received our Room Ready text while on Magical Express at 9:30 am on 8/19. Our room was 5719 and was pretty far from the lounge but overlooked Stormalong Bay and we could even see some of the Hollywood Studios fireworks at night. I'm still figuring out how to post pictures on the Disboards but if any of you are on facebook and are on the Mousejunkies page, I've posted pictures there.

My family and I loved the Club Level here and all staff made us feel welcome. Same food offerings as at the Yacht Club where we stayed earlier this summer, but the lounge itself is much larger.

We tried Cape May Café and Yachtsmen Steakhouse as new restaurants for dinner on this trip and had a good experience at Cape May and a GREAT experience at Yachtsmen.

Stormalong Bay provided some much needed relief to the August heat and humidity, and the proximity to Epcot allowed multiple visits to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

I celebrated my birthday there on August 21 and spent the morning and afternoon at Magic Kingdom and thoroughly enjoyed all of the birthday wishes granted to me by all who saw my bedazzled birthday button (courtesy of the Club Level staff).

My family has now stayed at 4 Deluxe resorts ( WL, YC, BWI and BC) and could definitely see a return to BC in our future.

Can I ask where you watched? Planning our trip for October and have no idea where we could watch SW fireworks or illuminations. (First time at the BC!) I welcome hearing from those with words of wisdom!
We sat on a bench outside of Ample Hills Creamery. It was just a coincidence that the star wars fireworks went off (8:45pm) and we sat down right away to watch. We could see the star wars fireworks fairly well. The Illuminations fireworks were tougher to see while we walked back, but we still got a glimpse of them. In the past, we have stopped on the bridge (leaving Boardwalk, heading over to BC) to see Illuminations. We have a fireworks Illuminations dessert party tomorrow night, so we weren't too worried about finding a good viewing spot tonight. You will love the BC - this is our 4th stay and it gets better every time!

A good spot to watch Illuminations is on the bridge that goes from the BC to the Boardwalk. You can also get a good view from the boat dock, about two thirds down.

You can see the Star Wars fireworks from near the beach at the BC or in front of the Yacht Club. The fireworks go off over the BWI, so make sure you are clear of tress. :) If you feel like taking a little walk then you can walk down the path toward DHS. As soon as you go under the bridge and can see Grauman's Chinese theater clearly, then you will be able to see fireworks. We could also hear the music from that spot when we were there in February, although that was a different SW fireworks show.

Just back from a full day at Hollywood Studios. We did most things but have a half day planned to do things we missed. Now this was a full day but we have decided that the park does not have enough for another full day. The best bit of Star Wars for us was the march of the storm troopers. We've cancelled Mama Melrose and snagged a reservation at Flying Fish.

Scott you should be proud of us.

We have watched the Star Wars fireworks on the path from DHS! We also watched the high fireworks from the show just outside the gate of the secret entrance! We have been so lucky this week with the weather, stayed for illuminations at EP on Sunday night, did the Star Wars fireworks right in front of the Chinese theater at HS on tuesday night, and did the night time safari and EE last night at AK! Tomorrow hoping to stay for MK's night entertainment. Staying until closing at EP and HS is so easy while staying at the BC. We just walk back to our room, no waiting with the crowds for bus transportation. We started skipping the boat as the last three boats we were on did not have air conditioning. We did take a taxi just outside the BC lobby this morning for typhoon lagoon. I was told a bus would come, but we may not get there in time for park open as the Disney springs bus doesn't start running until 8:30. It worked out. Wish we took a cab back to BC since it took one hour fifteen minutes with leaving the park at closing and then the transfer at Disney springs.

I have updated the Be Our Guest list this morning with lots of additions/changes. Please take a moment to make sure I have your information listed correctly. There are quite a few guests, especially for 2017 without specific dates. Post your actual dates if you want me to add them. Or not. Up to you!

:goodvibes

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

Please add us to Be Our Guest!! :yay::woohoo:Got our plans all finalized and airfare purchased for our split stay in October!! 10/26-10/28 at POFQ then moving over to BCV 10/28-11/1. Can't wait for SAB, F&W and MNSSHP!! Might need to stop by Basin at Disney Springs for a bath bomb to use in those awesome new soaking tubs in the villas. Anyone know if the Birnbaum guide has a Basin coupon this year?

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Booked 2 rooms at the YC GV for our October 2017 trip! Changed start date to coincide with beginning of Fall season,
(saving a little), so our new dates are 10/15-10/22
It's so exciting to see it on MDE. I hated seeing "You have no resort reservations"
So, we have our park tickets, bought just before last price increase, and guaranteed Epcot stay for F&W! I will eventually start trying for a 2BR villa at BC or BW, but I am really happy to have this done. 417 days!!

You must be relieved to have something booked!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Page 642-644, Live and Just Back Reports:

Thanks for sharing your trips with us!

:banana::banana::banana:

Sleep in day today (just teens). DH and I got up and had coffee from Marketplace, then walked into Epcot. Arrived at IG at 8:30am and were let in at 8:40am. We didn't have a bag but still had to go through the bag line; we went through metal detectors - might have sent everyone through - I didn't notice for sure. We had a plan! Instead of our morning walk around Crescent Lake, we decided to walk to Soarin'. We arrived at Soarin' by 8:50am and were off ride by 9:15am so we decided to ride Living with the Land (walk on). Then we walked back to Beach Club but decided to stop in France for pastries!:hyper: It was a last minute idea, but a great idea! :thumbsup2We bought a Napoleon and giant strawberry cream tart. When we arrived back at the room at 10:15am, we woke up the lazy teens - they couldn't believe what we were having for breakfast! Treats from France and cupcakes from DHS (bought butterfinger and peanut butter cupcakes yesterday but too full to eat them, so they spent the night in the fridge). Best breakfast ever:love: Today's plan is a relaxing morning / early afternoon at resort, swimming at SAB, then later on going into DHS. Probably ESPN for dinner tonight. Have I said how much I love it here? :worship: Lol

Just a couple notes for those interested:
Marketplace has cup carriers (like the trays at McDonalds for drinks)
Refillable popcorn bucket is great. popcorn:: We bought it our first park day and have gotten 7 refills so far - our family is definitely getting value out of this offer. We have even gotten flavoured popcorn from The Land (buffalo chicken/blue cheese and sour cream/chives)

Great afternoon and evening at DHS and Beach Club / Boardwalk. Pool closed for a bit in the afternoon :umbrella: (first rain we've had in a week, but it looks like there is a lot on its' way). Swam about 1:30-2:30. More like floated with our pool noodles :goodvibes Then we took the boat to DHS. While waiting for our boat, a lovely lady pixie dusted us with paper FP for any ride at DHS! It was awesome to get these passes (I remember the days of paper FP when you could gift them to others). We road ToT (FP), RnR (FP), TSM (30 min standby posted, but really about 20 min), GMR (gifted Fastpasses), Indiana Jones (FP), refilled our popcorn bucket again popcorn::, then took boat to Boardwalk for supper at ESPN (awesome table with tv - we asked for the Blue Jays game, but wished we hadn't because it was 5-0 for LA after the first inning :faint:). Great service, love the sports theme/vibe. Then we shopped at Screen Door (love this store; it's been changed a bit since last year), watched a juggler and a magician, and then the kids got ice cream from Ample Creamery (Strawberries and Cream and a Peanut Butter flavor - I sampled Sally Sells Seashells and Ooey Gooey ...all good!) Watched Starwars Fireworks from the Boardwalk and then walked back to BC and saw Illuminations. The weather was awesome - breezy and comfortable! Another great day :woohoo:

Bus stop moved to the convention centre today - we are at BC but our AK bus had to go back to YC after BC as the driver had missed the stop as he didn't know it had moved! On the way back from AK our driver got confused - she must have known the stop had moved do she didn't take the first YC turn and tried to take the second but the barrier didn't go up so she went on the wrong side then had to drive round the car park! The turn wasn't wide enough so she hit the kerb as threw a few kids around as the bus was packed! I was all for telling her to drop us there and we'd walk but she made it round eventually!

THANKS!

We have watched the Star Wars fireworks on the path from DHS! We also watched the high fireworks from the show just outside the gate of the secret entrance! We have been so lucky this week with the weather, stayed for illuminations at EP on Sunday night, did the Star Wars fireworks right in front of the Chinese theater at HS on tuesday night, and did the night time safari and EE last night at AK! Tomorrow hoping to stay for MK's night entertainment. Staying until closing at EP and HS is so easy while staying at the BC. We just walk back to our room, no waiting with the crowds for bus transportation. We started skipping the boat as the last three boats we were on did not have air conditioning. We did take a taxi just outside the BC lobby this morning for typhoon lagoon. I was told a bus would come, but we may not get there in time for park open as the Disney springs bus doesn't start running until 8:30. It worked out. Wish we took a cab back to BC since it took one hour fifteen minutes with leaving the park at closing and then the transfer at Disney springs.

Just back from a full day at Hollywood Studios. We did most things but have a half day planned to do things we missed. Now this was a full day but we have decided that the park does not have enough for another full day. The best bit of Star Wars for us was the march of the storm troopers. We've cancelled Mama Melrose and snagged a reservation at Flying Fish.

Scott you should be proud of us.

:woohoo:

I'm looking at this image without paying attention to who posted it and I'm thinking "Why is my home made iced tea in this picture? That's really weird... " and then the brain kicked in and without looking I realize it's Dee who posted the picture and I remember the moment...

~NM

:rotfl2:

This might have helped- I posted a cropped version of the photo. The original included part of you...

DSCF9326.JPG

I am playing around with the FAQ posting for entering EPCOT through the IG prior to WS opening time.

Who can help me with the wording for Frozen? Is that open at 9 am (or 8 am EMH) when Future World opens? I seem to think so but I really haven't been paying attention.

Are guests directed through UK, Canada and towards Mexico to get there?

Here is what I have posted now. If anyone has any suggestions about how to better or more correctly word this, let me know.

::yes::

How do I enter EPCOT at rope drop/park opening?

Guests who enter EPCOT through the International Gateway prior to 11 am (official World Showcase opening time) should proceed on the walkway outside of UK and past Canada. Cast members are stationed along the way to guide you.

Frozen Ever After...

Note: Starting in 2013, the French bakery is now open at 9 am when EPCOT opens, so you also have the opportunity to stop there in the morning for a treat.

If you have a pre-opening breakfast scheduled at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall or Garden Grill, you will provide your name and/or reservation to a CM at the International Gateway. You proceed through UK and Canada as described above, then continue past Mexico to Norway or head into Future World to get to the Land building.

However, guests of the BC/YC/BCV who need to be at the front of the park BEFORE park opening (for example, marathon runners or for special tours) will probably need to take a taxi or Uber from the resort to the front entrance of EPCOT.

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

I did on line check in on Monday at my 60 day window. However, I was never offered the drop down list of options for requests. Next to requests it simply said "listed". I have called in a request but I have never seen or heard of this happening to anyone. Any one know whats up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter