Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We've had flights that landed at 9:30am and gotten to the BC via Magical Express by 11am. You should be fine with your early flight. :)

Thank you! I'm definitely going to try to snag a reservation when my dining window opens at the beginning of Oct.

The BC has had lower discounts that YC lately, probably because it is more popular than YC. But I've also seen the same discount for both.

Thanks for that info, Wood Nymph :thanks: I have only checked for this fall and both discounts had Yacht Club with the higher percentage but now I know to always double check ::yes::

page 635-637

Pop and Sis love coffee (cream and sugar) but not fancy stuff. [As for Dunkin', I wish they would bring back Dutch Crumb donuts (my favorite)! Great picture by the way.] Anyway- if they need coffee before the marketplace opens, they use the coffeemaker in the room or wait until I can go get some.

We didn't have something called Dutch Crumb, but we did have a flavor called "Butternut" which you may be describing. We would coat a cake (plain) donut with that and we would also fill a raised donut with apple and then top with the butternut topping. This was SUPER messy!

:goodvibes

So pumped for our fp+ window opening up tomorrow, me and the gf will be staying at BC the 21st til 31st.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

When we checked in I asked about bus stops as there is some work going on outside the Yacht Club entrance. I was told the bus stop would move to the Convention Centre in a few days.

Has the bus stop been moved yet? I saw the picture you posted but I didn't know if that is where the YC bus stop is. Have never been there!!!

If is has not been moved yet, can you let us now when it does? Thanks!

:headache:

So excited, just randomly checked availability even though we're only a week out now and BCV 1 bedroom villa opened up, I'd been stalking for one until I made final payment, but when hubby mentioned wishing we had a villa today, I checked again. So we switched to BCV!!! They look gorgeous, I'm excited.

Congrats!!!

I'll make the change to the BOG list.

:woohoo:

Last edited:
Sleep in day today (just teens). DH and I got up and had coffee from Marketplace, then walked into Epcot. Arrived at IG at 8:30am and were let in at 8:40am. We didn't have a bag but still had to go through the bag line; we went through metal detectors - might have sent everyone through - I didn't notice for sure. We had a plan! Instead of our morning walk around Crescent Lake, we decided to walk to Soarin'. We arrived at Soarin' by 8:50am and were off ride by 9:15am so we decided to ride Living with the Land (walk on). Then we walked back to Beach Club but decided to stop in France for pastries!:hyper: It was a last minute idea, but a great idea! :thumbsup2We bought a Napoleon and giant strawberry cream tart. When we arrived back at the room at 10:15am, we woke up the lazy teens - they couldn't believe what we were having for breakfast! Treats from France and cupcakes from DHS (bought butterfinger and peanut butter cupcakes yesterday but too full to eat them, so they spent the night in the fridge). Best breakfast ever:love: Today's plan is a relaxing morning / early afternoon at resort, swimming at SAB, then later on going into DHS. Probably ESPN for dinner tonight. Have I said how much I love it here? :worship: Lol

Just a couple notes for those interested:
Marketplace has cup carriers (like the trays at McDonalds for drinks)
Refillable popcorn bucket is great. popcorn:: We bought it our first park day and have gotten 7 refills so far - our family is definitely getting value out of this offer. We have even gotten flavoured popcorn from The Land (buffalo chicken/blue cheese and sour cream/chives)

page 638-639

So it's all set - I'm booked for October of next year at Yacht Club (I know it's early, but (a) we wanted to be at either YC or BC for Food and Wine and (b) we stayed at BC back in...99 maybe? and wanted to get YC if we could). Now I just have to wait...and wait...and wait.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 for your trip next year.

Auntie_Maim,

We just did the same. Booked for next year for the BC!! I wanted to also make sure we got a room!! :)
Have a great time planning! We got lots of time!

I'll add you, too!

:woohoo:

We checked out of BCCL last Thursday. I miss it so much! We were treated to a magical upgrade to a water view room - room 5687 - we had reserved standard view. The club level staff could not have been more accommodating and helpful.

Thank you so much for the review of your stay and the pictures!

May I add a link to your review to the Page 1 Trip Report/Review section and to the BC View thread?

Checked into Beach Club today :woohoo:. We left Contemporary and arrived at Epcot at park opening. Managed to ride Soarin' (loved it!), Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, SOAT, Test Track, Canada Pavilion show and a breakfast at Garden Grill (first time here for breakfast and it was incredible). After all of this, we checked into BC at 1:00. We ended up being given a room in the perfect location (2nd floor, right above lobby) but ... only 1 bed and a pull out. So, we went back to lobby and had to wait until 3:00 to get a room with 2 queen beds (no day bed, but we are ok without it). Still in a great location - third floor, a couple of doors down from the elevator to the main lobby - just as we requested - near elevator by lobby:-) Ate at UK fish and chips and walked World Showcase (kaki gori from Japan, caramel from Germany Karamel Kuche), and used FP for FEA. Walked back to BC at 9:00. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the location of BC and I FINALLY found the 'secret way' by room 1501!

Thanks for the live report!

:thumbsup2

View attachment 189325 DH's surprise sunken treasure I purchased today at the pool. He's hooked now! I agree pool pavement is hot! Saw the pirate at the top of the slide. He was dressed in a purple shirt and waving his pirate flag! Not sure if he takes over the slide at the top or not?! Used IG to get into EP this morning at 9 (they let us in beginning at 8:50) and had no trouble making our way to frozen with a five minute wait. After lunch we were back in stormalong bay for a swim. Only way to do Disney in this heat!

We appreciate hearing about your trip!

Thanks for the check-ins.

::yes::

page 640-642

Hi all. Time for a quick room review as my boys are still snoring and I've been awake nearly 2 hours!!

We checked in on Sunday at 4pm. I'd had an email with my room number but we needed to collect our magic bands from the desk. We had spent the day at universal but wanted to head out to MK as it was the last day IASW was open and it's my youngest's favourite ride. The room is great - 2520. I had requested low floor, full balcony online and phoned in a day bed request. We got the low floor and day bed (I was surprised by that as there is only 3 of us, but my 10 year old is a pain to share with as he moves a lot in the night!) but only a small balcony - to be honest it's so humid I doubt we'd spend much time on it anyway. So, we are just a few doors away from the secret entrance, we walked to Epcot last night and I couldn't believe how close it really was. The room is beautiful, love the decor. I think it's a shame the Mickey and Minne picture isn't in the main room but that's a small thing. I wasn't overly impressed with the guy on reception, I know we checked in on line but he basically gave us our bands and pointed out the elevators and that was it. Also it took bell services an hour to bring up our bags when they told me 15 minutes which was frustrating as we wanted to get to the parks and I wanted the water that was in one of the bags.

We checked out stormalong bay yesterday afternoon, struggled to find even one chair at 3pm even though most were only occupied by a towel! Eventually I saw a family looking like the were about to leave so we lay in wait and pounced! Had lots of fun there and looking forward to spending more time. Off to MK for the day soon so I'm going to get up and grab some pastries from the marketplace before waking the boys.

Thanks so much for the report.

Good thing I haven't had a chance yet to update the info on Page 1 about the mugs with no handles.

Sometimes, procrastination pays off (don't tell my boys that)!

:rotfl2:

Holy cow, the Yacht Club is a gem!
After staying at the Contemporary for 3 days, followed by the Grand Floridian for 11, we extended our trip and booked one night at the Yacht Club. I was thoroughly impressed and will be staying there again. It was true old-school Disney at its finest. I loved every minute of it, including walking to the World Showcase and coming home at 2 am from Jellyrolls. Rock on YC, Rock on!

:welcome: to the thread!

So glad to hear how much you love the YC!

Glad to hear you will be back!

Dee, this is the current thread on the resort discount forums. There is a picture of the bounceback brochure in the first few posts. It is a very current up to date thread.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-fd-bounceback-is-out.3532329/unread

Thank you!

Hope this is readable. The bounce back offer in our room View attachment 189474

Thank you for posting this!

Just back from Magic Kingdm and saw a boat in the lobby

That's odd! I know it is the Yacht Club and all but that is a big boat!

:boat:

Just wondering if Disney had added rock work in addition to the fence on the beach like the Magic Kingdom Resorts?

Not to my knowledge. There are a couple of pictures of the shoreline fence in the first post of this thread. I haven't heard of any additional hardscape.

From page #1.

Guests who enter EPCOT through the International Gateway prior to the park opening time should proceed on the walkway outside of UK and Canada. Cast members are stationed along the way (bridge to France being #1) to guide you through UK and Canada. After you pass the last little cart coming out of Canada you are directed onto the small pathway that leads toward the Fountain of Nations. There you will experience a real rope with CMs and characters milling around. Across from you, maybe forty yards away, are the guests that arrived from the front entrance.

If you have a pre-opening breakfast scheduled at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, you will provide your name and/or reservation to a CM at the International Gateway. You proceed through UK and Canada as described above, then continue past Mexico to Norway.

I should probably clean up this info now that you can also proceed to the right to the French bakery and add in the Garden Grill as a pre-park opening breakfast.

I think the info about the real rope and characters milling about may be outdated too. Anyone know?

:cool2:

Hey guys! Long time no see my Beach Club friends. I made a reservation for next August at the BC in one of the Deluxe Rooms. What do you guys think of those rooms? Our kids are going to be 16, 13, and 12 next year, so I'm thinking the extra room will be appreciated. I know they are not on the same floor as the lounge, but I don't think that matters much to us. How much bigger are those rooms than standard rooms? I thought I saw an estimate on them to be around the 500 sq foot mark - which makes them bigger than the Poly or GF. I'd think about a one bedroom, but it seems the BC only allows 4 people in those. Thoughts?

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Here is the info I have about the Deluxe CL rooms- the links have pictures, but I think they are all pre-renovation. I haven't seen the rooms since the remodel.

Last I knew, the 1BR Suites had an occupancy of 3 guests- not sure if that has changed. I haven't checked the Disney booking page lately.

Detailed balcony information on Deluxe Concierge Rooms from guests who have stayed there and reported back:

There are six deluxe Concierge rooms at BC.

1557 has a patio and lots of windows.
2557 and 4557 have extra large balconies.
3557 has the standing room only balcony.

3691 has both a standing room balcony and a full balcony
4681 has a standing room only balcony.

So 3 of the 6 have full balconies, 1 has a patio, and 2 have standing room only balconies.

Here are a couple of threads about Deluxe Rooms:

Beach Club Deluxe, Suites, VP and Presidential Rooms

Deluxe room thread

Last edited:

Not to my knowledge. There are a couple of pictures of the shoreline fence in the first post of this thread. I haven't heard of any additional hardscape.

I was just checking my usual sites at lunch and saw this photo and caption on Mouse Planet:

Unlike the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake beaches, currently there are no visible indications whether a rock wall will be built along Crescent Lake beaches at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts. Photo by Alan S. Dalinka.

Sleep in day today (just teens). DH and I got up and had coffee from Marketplace, then walked into Epcot. Arrived at IG at 8:30am and were let in at 8:40am. We didn't have a bag but still had to go through the bag line; we went through metal detectors - might have sent everyone through - I didn't notice for sure. We had a plan! Instead of our morning walk around Crescent Lake, we decided to walk to Soarin'. We arrived at Soarin' by 8:50am and were off ride by 9:15am so we decided to ride Living with the Land (walk on). Then we walked back to Beach Club but decided to stop in France for pastries!:hyper: It was a last minute idea, but a great idea! :thumbsup2We bought a Napoleon and giant strawberry cream tart. When we arrived back at the room at 10:15am, we woke up the lazy teens - they couldn't believe what we were having for breakfast! Treats from France and cupcakes from DHS (bought butterfinger and peanut butter cupcakes yesterday but too full to eat them, so they spent the night in the fridge). Best breakfast ever:love: Today's plan is a relaxing morning / early afternoon at resort, swimming at SAB, then later on going into DHS. Probably ESPN for dinner tonight. Have I said how much I love it here? :worship: Lol

Just a couple notes for those interested:
Marketplace has cup carriers (like the trays at McDonalds for drinks)
Refillable popcorn bucket is great. popcorn:: We bought it our first park day and have gotten 7 refills so far - our family is definitely getting value out of this offer. We have even gotten flavoured popcorn from The Land (buffalo chicken/blue cheese and sour cream/chives)

Great start to your morning!

I didn't know The Land (Sunshine Seasons?) had flavored popcorn.

Last August, one of our monkeys took us on a field trip to the Imagination area because of this:

DSCF9326 - Copy.JPG

Thinking of changing my.reservation to a 2 bedroom villa for our stay in two weeks. Hows the construction currently?

Can anyone tell me about the quality of the toiletries in the BC rooms? I'm thrilled to be in a deluxe for the first time and have so many! I'm used to just the shampoo/conditioner-in-one and the bar soap at the values. I'm not too picky about shampoo and shower gel, and I don't use anything super fancy at home, but I have fine, curly hair that gets extremely hard to comb if I don't have good conditioner, and dry skin that needs a decent lotion. Anyone who uses conditioner and body lotion regularly and has tried out the BC versions, can you tell me if they are pretty good or if I should continue to bring my own from home on our trip?

Great start to your morning!

I didn't know The Land (Sunshine Seasons?) had flavored popcorn.

Last August, one of our monkeys took us on a field trip to the Imagination area because of this:

View attachment 189600
Yes, that's the place we get our flavoured popcorn from ... sorry for being misleading:-) I just call everything near Soarin' 'The Land'. This is the best, most addicting popcorn ever!

Can anyone tell me about the quality of the toiletries in the BC rooms? I'm thrilled to be in a deluxe for the first time and have so many! I'm used to just the shampoo/conditioner-in-one and the bar soap at the values. I'm not too picky about shampoo and shower gel, and I don't use anything super fancy at home, but I have fine, curly hair that gets extremely hard to comb if I don't have good conditioner, and dry skin that needs a decent lotion. Anyone who uses conditioner and body lotion regularly and has tried out the BC versions, can you tell me if they are pretty good or if I should continue to bring my own from home on our trip?

We are here now. They have H20 grapefruit shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower gel - 4 small bottles left on bathroom counter daily (one bottle of each). Also 2 bars of soap. I would say that the conditioner is fine (you might want to ask for an extra bottle or two from housekeeping) and the lotion smells nice, but I prefer my own lotion (deep Vaseline moisturizer). I really do like the smell of these products, and I like that it's separate shampoo and conditioner :-)

Yes. As @Wood Nymph said in your own thread and @natebenma said here, they are just about done.
We rely on reports of current guests and the recent reports are that they are just about done. If there is any impact it would be minimal.
Good Luck

Please add us to Be Our Guest!! :yay::woohoo:Got our plans all finalized and airfare purchased for our split stay in October!! 10/26-10/28 at POFQ then moving over to BCV 10/28-11/1. Can't wait for SAB, F&W and MNSSHP!! Might need to stop by Basin at Disney Springs for a bath bomb to use in those awesome new soaking tubs in the villas. Anyone know if the Birnbaum guide has a Basin coupon this year?

We are here now. They have H20 grapefruit shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower gel - 4 small bottles left on bathroom counter daily (one bottle of each). Also 2 bars of soap. I would say that the conditioner is fine (you might want to ask for an extra bottle or two from housekeeping) and the lotion smells nice, but I prefer my own lotion (deep Vaseline moisturizer). I really do like the smell of these products, and I like that it's separate shampoo and conditioner :-)

Thank you!

Booked 2 rooms at the YC GV for our October 2017 trip! Changed start date to coincide with beginning of Fall season,
(saving a little), so our new dates are 10/15-10/22
It's so exciting to see it on MDE. I hated seeing "You have no resort reservations"
So, we have our park tickets, bought just before last price increase, and guaranteed Epcot stay for F&W! I will eventually start trying for a 2BR villa at BC or BW, but I am really happy to have this done. 417 days!!

Last edited:
Bus stop moved to the convention centre today - we are at BC but our AK bus had to go back to YC after BC as the driver had missed the stop as he didn't know it had moved! On the way back from AK our driver got confused - she must have known the stop had moved do she didn't take the first YC turn and tried to take the second but the barrier didn't go up so she went on the wrong side then had to drive round the car park! The turn wasn't wide enough so she hit the kerb as threw a few kids around as the bus was packed! I was all for telling her to drop us there and we'd walk but she made it round eventually!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!