Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Walked around Crescent Lake this morning with our coffee (around 6:30am). Love doing this when we're staying at BC. Kids stayed in bed though :rotfl: Woke up kids at 7:45 and we were off by 8:00 to catch boat to DHS. Love the boat ride. I keep thinking that we'll walk along the pathway, but then I change my mind ... it's still hot at 8:00am, but the walkway looks so pretty:-) Rode ToT (3x), RnR (kids did it 2x using their FP and our two FP), TSM (1x), Star Tours (1x), Muppetvision and lunch at Sci-Fi (awesome oreo shakes mmmm). Relaxing now, planning to swim in SAB soon. We have Beaches and Cream reservations for supper (I think I'm having an ice cream supper :goodvibes a No Way Jose :hyper:). Loving it here at the BC.
You make it sound so pleasant. :) We find it relaxing to walk back from Hollywood Studios at night. It is a great way to wind down from the business of the park. :)

I've just checked in... How awesome is this place!!? Our room has a beautiful view... Of a roof! We won't be in the room often enough to care about that- now to run over to Epcot, my FP for test track expires soon!
That's what I think we are going to get, too. :faint: But we don't spend much time in our room either, especially when it is so beautiful at night around Crescent Lake. :)

Hey, Dee, I did not forget my assignment! The best I could find in terms of multi-pack of soda were some 6-packs or coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite for $8. I'm attempting to attach my first picture, but not sure if it will work...
Drove home yesterday from Disney and have a full blown flu-like virus today. So glad it waited until I was home to rear its ugly head!

Thank you so much!!!

Picture came out great.

Please take care of yourself and feel better soon.

::yes::

If our flight lands at MCO at 8:15 am, and we take ME to the resort (staying at the villas), is an 11:00 or 11:30 dining res at Beaches and Cream doable? Or would we be pushing it? I was thinking lunch at Beaches and Cream and then head to Epcot for a bit. I'm a little leery of making a dining res on our arrival day in case we get delayed, but it just sounds like a great way to start our vacation. Thoughts?

Walked around Crescent Lake this morning with our coffee (around 6:30am). Love doing this when we're staying at BC. Kids stayed in bed though

Just wondering if Disney had added rock work in addition to the fence on the beach like the Magic Kingdom Resorts?

We've stayed at BWV 4x but November will be our first BCV stay. We've never done a PPO breakfast at Epcot during our BW stays and therefore never tried getting in through the IG before park opening, but in Nov. have an 8am GG breakfast on a day Epcot opens at 9. I'm wondering if someone will be at the IG so we can get through that way? I think I may have seen this question asked here before but am a bit too lazy right now to search through......:blush:

We've stayed at BWV 4x but November will be our first BCV stay. We've never done a PPO breakfast at Epcot during our BW stays and therefore never tried getting in through the IG before park opening, but in Nov. have an 8am GG breakfast on a day Epcot opens at 9. I'm wondering if someone will be at the IG so we can get through that way? I think I may have seen this question asked here before but am a bit too lazy right now to search through......:blush:

From page #1.

Guests who enter EPCOT through the International Gateway prior to the park opening time should proceed on the walkway outside of UK and Canada. Cast members are stationed along the way (bridge to France being #1) to guide you through UK and Canada. After you pass the last little cart coming out of Canada you are directed onto the small pathway that leads toward the Fountain of Nations. There you will experience a real rope with CMs and characters milling around. Across from you, maybe forty yards away, are the guests that arrived from the front entrance.

If you have a pre-opening breakfast scheduled at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, you will provide your name and/or reservation to a CM at the International Gateway. You proceed through UK and Canada as described above, then continue past Mexico to Norway.

From page #1.

Guests who enter EPCOT through the International Gateway prior to the park opening time should proceed on the walkway outside of UK and Canada. Cast members are stationed along the way (bridge to France being #1) to guide you through UK and Canada. After you pass the last little cart coming out of Canada you are directed onto the small pathway that leads toward the Fountain of Nations. There you will experience a real rope with CMs and characters milling around. Across from you, maybe forty yards away, are the guests that arrived from the front entrance.

If you have a pre-opening breakfast scheduled at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, you will provide your name and/or reservation to a CM at the International Gateway. You proceed through UK and Canada as described above, then continue past Mexico to Norway.
OMG thank you :rolleyes: I knew I read that somewhere. That's what I get for being lazy!!

If our flight lands at MCO at 8:15 am, and we take ME to the resort (staying at the villas), is an 11:00 or 11:30 dining res at Beaches and Cream doable? Or would we be pushing it? I was thinking lunch at Beaches and Cream and then head to Epcot for a bit. I'm a little leery of making a dining res on our arrival day in case we get delayed, but it just sounds like a great way to start our vacation. Thoughts?

I would think an 11:15 ADR would be very easy to make - I think even when it's been a slow process we have been at the hotel 2 hours from landing.

Hey guys! Long time no see my Beach Club friends. I made a reservation for next August at the BC in one of the Deluxe Rooms. What do you guys think of those rooms? Our kids are going to be 16, 13, and 12 next year, so I'm thinking the extra room will be appreciated. I know they are not on the same floor as the lounge, but I don't think that matters much to us. How much bigger are those rooms than standard rooms? I thought I saw an estimate on them to be around the 500 sq foot mark - which makes them bigger than the Poly or GF. I'd think about a one bedroom, but it seems the BC only allows 4 people in those. Thoughts?

page 622-624

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15).

I'm not sure how to best phrase your request since you have a garden view and a quiet pool view is in the water view category. I'm just not as familiar with the layout of YC. I do know if you request a garden "gazebo view" there is a possibility you will have a sideways view of the lagoon.

:cool1:
Thanks for the warm welcome, natebenma :thanks: I love seeing my dates on the BOG list :woohoo: I booked a 10 day trip at Pop the end of November and beginning of December to drink in all the amazing Disney Christmas magic :santa: I decided to really treat myself as a celebration for my retirement from teaching and booked a two day, one night stay at the Yacht Club at the end of my trip :love: I got a great Annual Passholder rate and staying at an Epcot resort has always been a dream of mine :cloud9: I'm so thrilled that I no longer have to book my trips during the horrible, hot, humid summer months due to my teaching schedule :cool1: I will request a "gazebo view" :thumbsup2

One question ~ do the Beach Club Resort and Villas always have a lower discount percentage :confused3 The Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn, Boardwalk Villas have 30% Annual Passholder's holiday discount while the two Beach Club ones only have 20% for the same discount :scratchin

Hope this is readable. The bounce back offer in our room View attachment 189474

Wonder why I have the old bounceback in my room?? I am also missing the Mickey picture now that I look around. Yep, just looked again... Not here. My DH noticed we don't have that dresser furniture the coffee maker sits upon. The coffee maker is on the desk which is why he couldn't find the ice bucket. We must be in a non traditional room. Hmm! Had a good day here otherwise. We did MK and then AK and didn't hit the pool today. Hope to have pool time tomorrow!

We've had flights that landed at 9:30am and gotten to the BC via Magical Express by 11am. You should be fine with your early flight. :)

One question ~ do the Beach Club Resort and Villas always have a lower discount percentage :confused3 The Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn, Boardwalk Villas have 30% Annual Passholder's holiday discount while the two Beach Club ones only have 20% for the same discount :scratchin
The BC has had lower discounts than YC lately, probably because it is more popular than YC. But I've also seen the same discount for both.

Wonder why I have the old bounceback in my room?? I am also missing the Mickey picture now that I look around. Yep, just looked again... Not here. My DH noticed we don't have that dresser furniture the coffee maker sits upon. The coffee maker is on the desk which is why he couldn't find the ice bucket. We must be in a non traditional room. Hmm! Had a good day here otherwise. We did MK and then AK and didn't hit the pool today. Hope to have pool time tomorrow!
The Beach Club has some very odd shaped rooms. It sounds like you got one of them.

Last edited:

As for the bounceback- I have heard that sometimes guests take some of the information flyers in the room binder- for research purposes of course :rolleyes1 and the housekeepers may not realize that and immediately replace anything that is missing.

I have been advised to call the bounceback number if I am interested even if there is nothing in the room to see what is available. I think people have been given incorrect information even from the front desk while they are there, so calling the BB number is the best thing to do.

That is a shame about the missing Mickey picture! One of the few obvious "Disney" touches still in the room.

I think some of the rooms have always had different furniture and setups. The size and shape of the BC rooms can vary (unlike the cookie cutter CR), so I think that dictates things like whether a room has a daybed and which desk/tables are there.

Hope today is a great day!

:cool1:

Hey guys! I have a question. I am getting a Garden Grocer delivery on arrival day. It's supposed to come between 4-9pm. Does Bell Services close at night? (This is who stores our groceries, correct?) We may not get in from the MK until late, and I'll need my coffee creamer by morning! :coffee: Thanks!

Hey guys! I have a question. I am getting a Garden Grocer delivery on arrival day. It's supposed to come between 4-9pm. Does Bell Services close at night? (This is who stores our groceries, correct?) We may not get in from the MK until late, and I'll need my coffee creamer by morning! :coffee: Thanks!

Bell Services are 24 x 7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter