Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So, so sad to be checking out today...
This trip was planned rather last minute, and therefore crept up like lightning. I can't believe it's already over. There's absolutely nothing I would change from this trip...except of course to make it longer. We got to try the Poly for he first time. We got caught in a couple of those Florida torrential downpours I love, not to mention caught in the sinking chair at Trader Sam's...where we met a lovely couple (one widow, one divorcée), who were tying the knot in a few weeks and we discussed love and marriage over a bottle of champagne. We had sumptuous meals at CG, FF, and Le Cellier in particular, and ended several evenings with Diane and Robin at Ale and Compass. We came "home" to BC and frequently asked each other why anyone would stay elsewhere (We refer to YC and BC when we say this). I ate a lot of ice cream I need to start working off immediately, and I need to start planning and saving for our next trip immediately! We accepted many wishes of "Happy Anniversary," and watched MSEP for the last time.
I will miss this trip....and I will miss what we call "The Healing Waters of Stormalong Bay."
I didn't mean for this post to be sappy, but it's always so hard to leave here! I've got some anxiety issues in my day to day life, and I never have any when I'm here, and despite all the things people find to complain about down here, the fact that I can sleep peacefully, breathe deeply and enjoy everything around me is what I take from this place (WDW and BC/YC) and what will keep bringing me back. :flower3:

So, so sad to be checking out today...
I've got some anxiety issues in my day to day life, and I never have any when I'm here, and despite all the things people find to complain about down here, the fact that I can sleep peacefully, breathe deeply and enjoy everything around me is what I take from this place (WDW and BC/YC) and what will keep bringing me back. :flower3:

That's exactly how I feel!! It's a perfect balance; familiar with just enough new or unexpected to keep it both comfortable and exciting. I am looking forward to trying Trader Sam's and FF.
So glad you had a good time. Happy Anniversary!

I didn't mean for this post to be sappy, but it's always so hard to leave here! I've got some anxiety issues in my day to day life, and I never have any when I'm here, and despite all the things people find to complain about down here, the fact that I can sleep peacefully, breathe deeply and enjoy everything around me is what I take from this place (WDW and BC/YC) and what will keep bringing me back. :flower3:

So well said, Scott. I think you discovered the reason why visitors become so "hooked." Being at WDW is truly being in another world, away from all of the pressures, stresses, and realities of everyday life. It provides the break that so many of us need, to get our "batteries" recharged to take on the next new challenge that may come along.

OK, I need some help. ( FYI, I am posting this on BW thread as well)
So, usually I book a RO as soon as I can. After staying in a 2BR villa on our last trip, I knew that I wanted to do that again. I also know how difficult it will be to book that during F&W. So I am getting anxious that we may end up shut out of anything in the Epcot area, so I am thinking I should book 2 standard rooms now at either BC, YC, or BWI.
My question is, is there a significant difference in the standard rooms at each of these locations in terms of size, views, or anything else besides the pools? Also, why is the WV so much more expensive at the BW? ( approx rack rates for my dates, without tax, weekday/wknd: Y&BC SV: 422/490, GV/WV: 429/495, LV/PV: 509/561
BWI: S: 423/467, WV: 544/600
Any input on this choice is much appreciated! After hanging out here for a while, I know most of the differences, but I was puzzled by the difference in the cost of the WV. I have also been paying more attention to the info on the villas, so I need to get more info on the rooms.
Thanks!!

So it's all set - I'm booked for October of next year at Yacht Club (I know it's early, but (a) we wanted to be at either YC or BC for Food and Wine and (b) we stayed at BC back in...99 maybe? and wanted to get YC if we could). Now I just have to wait...and wait...and wait.

Auntie_Maim,

We just did the same. Booked for next year for the BC!! I wanted to also make sure we got a room!! :)
Have a great time planning! We got lots of time!

Auntie_Maim,

We just did the same. Booked for next year for the BC!! I wanted to also make sure we got a room!! :)
Have a great time planning! We got lots of time!

This is what I want to do very soon-maybe tomorrow, even though we really want a 2BR villa. I just can't make up my mind between BC, YC, and BWI, although I am leaning towards 2 rooms at the BC. Will wait to see if anyone answers my question above, but I may just go ahead and call later or tomorrow. Can't call now- getting bathrooms remodeled and it sounds like a war zone! ( talk about construction noise!)

Checking in to see if there is any more news on the post about relocating the YC bus stop back to the convention center this week? Thanks!

Hi All! I am a looong time lurker, occasional poster. My DH and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary and will be at YC Garden View from 9/17-9/25. Here is my question: We are doing a tour that starts at the MK, and we need to be there by 8:15 AM. The MK does not open until 9:00 that morning. What time do the busses start in the morning? If they do not start until 8:00 (one hour prior to park opening), I don't think we will make it, what with travel time, getting through security, etc. I certainly don't want to be worrying the whole way there. Is it possible that the busses start running at 7:30? We are doing the VIP Ultimate Day Of Thrills tour. Someone on the transportation board said that the hotel would arrange transportation, but I don't know about that. I am just hoping that someone will know that the busses start at 7:30 AM and then we will have no problem.

Thanks!

Hi All! I am a looong time lurker, occasional poster. My DH and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary and will be at YC Garden View from 9/17-9/25. Here is my question: We are doing a tour that starts at the MK, and we need to be there by 8:15 AM. The MK does not open until 9:00 that morning. What time do the busses start in the morning? If they do not start until 8:00 (one hour prior to park opening), I don't think we will make it, what with travel time, getting through security, etc. I certainly don't want to be worrying the whole way there. Is it possible that the busses start running at 7:30? We are doing the VIP Ultimate Day Of Thrills tour. Someone on the transportation board said that the hotel would arrange transportation, but I don't know about that. I am just hoping that someone will know that the busses start at 7:30 AM and then we will have no problem.

Thanks!

As a rule, buses begin running 2 hours before park opening. Since it is a VIP tour, there may be special transportation--I have never done that tour so I can't speak to "special transportation".

As a rule, buses begin running 2 hours before park opening. Since it is a VIP tour, there may be special transportation--I have never done that tour so I can't speak to "special transportation".
OK, if it is 2 hours we will be totally set! Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter