Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

View attachment 188722 Good morning from BC!
It's been a wonderful stay so far. We don't miss the alarm clocks at all (it's nice not to be too tied to time), we've eaten at FF THREE nights in a row (it's that good!), and I'm most looking forward to today. Today we have about 2 hrs in SAB, followed by a Soarin' FP, then World Showcase all day, only pausing for dinner at Coral Reef.....
:cloud9:
Would love to hear what you ordered! We are going to try FF when we are there in October and would really appreciate some recommendations.

Std WChrAcc RollIn OptHr 2Q DyBd

Can anyone tell me where this room might be? To me, it appears to be a handicapped accessible room (we don't need this type of room but really don't mind getting it). Does this say 2 queen beds and a day bed? (DD17 will be thrilled to get a day bed). Will there still be a shower in this room? We need a shower ... not really a bath family:-) Any idea on location? We really are happy anywhere in beach club (great magical deal on a standard room, so happy with whatever we get). Wondering where it might be located. Thanks for your help. :-)

Std WChrAcc RollIn OptHr 2Q DyBd

Can anyone tell me where this room might be? To me, it appears to be a handicapped accessible room (we don't need this type of room but really don't mind getting it). Does this say 2 queen beds and a day bed? (DD17 will be thrilled to get a day bed). Will there still be a shower in this room? We need a shower ... not really a bath family:-) Any idea on location? We really are happy anywhere in beach club (great magical deal on a standard room, so happy with whatever we get). Wondering where it might be located. Thanks for your help. :-)

Looks like - standard/wheel chair accessible/Roll in Shower/??/2 queens/day bed

Don't recognize OptHr - but I'm sure someone else will...

*Edit* OptHr is an accessibility option for hearing impaired guests. Visual cues like flashing lights and YYT phone access.

Last edited:
This ^

I try to plan ahead and have some cool coffee in the room fridge. Sometimes I'll brew some extra in the room.

And this!!!

But then we are lucky to live in Dunkin' country, so we are spoiled!

:drinking1

DH loves his Dunkin iced coffee. He is on 2nd large one of the day. No coffee for me but their iced tea is awesome.

Looks like - standard/wheel chair accessible/Roll in Shower/??/2 queens/day bed

Don't recognize OptHr - but I'm sure someone else will...

*Edit* OptHr is an accessibility option for hearing impaired guests. Visual cues like flashing lights and YYT phone access.
Thank you for your help. When we check in, should I let them know that we don't need these accommodations? I would hate to take them from someone who needed them. We are happy regardless (day bed yeah!!!)
Any idea where in the resort this room might be?

Some beverages are available in the Ale & Compass lounge (Yacht Club lobby) in the early morning (6 am, I think). You can use your refill mug for coffee or tea. I'm not sure about soft drinks, I keep hearing different accounts about whether you can get things like Coke, diet coke, etc from this location.

Thanks for the tip for "early risers"!:hyper::goodvibes

But they run the risk of having NinjaMom suddenly jump out of the bushes and beat them senseless with a pool noodle.... :-)

I'm on it!!

HLPPqKC.jpg

Video of Stromalong Bay recently posted by Allearsnet:

I see there are no restrictions on pool tubes IN the hot tub.
Pro tip: try a pool tube in the hot tub! When people see you in the hot tub on a pool tube they usually start looking for another hot tub. Then you have the hot tub all to yourself.

Disney World in general is lacking in large amounts of decent iced coffee...

Off to get a final Sunken Treasure for the trip then a walk to World Showcase for Teppan Edo

Florida's idea of an iced coffee is to pour hot coffee over ice. WTH!!! Doing the math here you now have very dilute luke warm coffee. This equals a coffee fail! This coffee is so weak, tasteless and ineffective it's completely useless. You would think in hot and steamy Florida they would embrace the concept of iced coffee but NOOOoooooOOOOooooo....

What Ninja Mom needs is the resort rooms to come equipped with a Cuisinart coffee machine so she can put her Timmies pods in it and make her coffee the night before, stow it in the fridge and have a reason for living in the morning.

3682744.jpg

~NM

Thank you for your help. When we check in, should I let them know that we don't need these accommodations? I would hate to take them from someone who needed them. We are happy regardless (day bed yeah!!!)
Any idea where in the resort this room might be?
We were put in a handicap accessible room with two queens and a daybed and roll in shower back in February. This room was on the first floor and just a couple of doors down from the Marketplace and main elevators. It was a really nice room and I loved the huge tiled shower. I did a review of the room in this thread:

Beach Club Room Views

the room number was 1668

Last edited:
Thanks!! Perfect! Too late for the clothes pins for me for this trip, but I'm doing the rolling in the towel thing tonight after swimming! Clothes pins on list for next trip now!!

I do the same thing, plus about halfway through the drying time (or before I go to bed), I hang them upside down after squeezing out the water that has gathered at the bottom. I guess that sounds kind of crazy, but it works really well! :)

Requesting a room near the lobby hopefully is near an elevator, bus stops and ferry stop, is that correct? :confused:

Hi there,

You can call to make a request to be near the elevators. However, the Bus Stops and Ferry Launch is not able to request because of their location. Yacht & Beach share the "Friendship Boat Launch" dock at the Lighthouse. The Beach Club bus stops are located near the entrance, just a quick walk over a bridge. Your requests are not guaranteed but thought of.

Enjoy your trip.

Where's a good/cheap place to eat dinner near the beach club. We won't have park tickets or the dining plan our first night.
Can we walk up to beaches and cream?

Where's a good/cheap place to eat dinner near the beach club. We won't have park tickets or the dining plan our first night.
Can we walk up to beaches and cream?
Beaches & Cream would require ADRs, but also takes walk ups.
The Beach Club Marketplace has a "cafe" area in the back for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The seating is right outside in the Solarium.

Hope this helps!

Some beverages are available in the Ale & Compass lounge (Yacht Club lobby) in the early morning (6 am, I think). You can use your refill mug for coffee or tea. I'm not sure about soft drinks, I keep hearing different accounts about whether you can get things like Coke, diet coke, etc from this location.

I get up early (6) and had to truck over to the yacht club to get coffee. That was all that was offered. There were no soda offerings.

I see there are no restrictions on pool tubes IN the hot tub.
Pro tip: try a pool tube in the hot tub! When people see you in the hot tub on a pool tube they usually start looking for another hot tub. Then you have the hot tub all to yourself.

True Story!

From Antics of the Orange Banded Monkeys- No Tubes in the Tub!:

"Every team has a bad boy (or monkey) and it was hard to keep one of our teammates in line.

DSCF9145.jpg

DSCF9146.jpg

DSCF9147.jpg

DSCF9148.jpg

No Tubes in the Tubs!!!"

Why are Olympic swimmers such troublemakers?

:stir:

Last edited:
Disney World in general is lacking in large amounts of decent iced coffee...

Off to get a final Sunken Treasure for the trip then a walk to World Showcase for Teppan Edo

Safe journey home and thanks for sharing that last sunken treasure :) How was Teppan Edo?

We check in to Yacht Club tomorrow. It's our last night at Royal Pacific and in all honesty I can't wait to be away. We went to the pool yesterday. - erm it's only 4foot at the deepest point. We've had a really good time in the parks and the Express really does save a tonne of time. (It also helps to be friends with a few Team Members). I'm currently doing laundry as there are more machines here than at Yacht Club. The ironing may have to wait. See some of you real soon.

We didn't enjoy Royal Pacific either when we stayed there a few years back. Hated that you could hear people screaming on the rollercoasters all day long while trying to relax by the pool (among many other things). Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip :goodvibes

Florida's idea of an iced coffee is to pour hot coffee over ice. WTH!!! Doing the math here you now have very dilute luke warm coffee. This equals a coffee fail! This coffee is so weak, tasteless and ineffective it's completely useless. You would think in hot and steamy Florida they would embrace the concept of iced coffee but NOOOoooooOOOOooooo....

What Ninja Mom needs is the resort rooms to come equipped with a Cuisinart coffee machine so she can put her Timmies pods in it and make her coffee the night before, stow it in the fridge and have a reason for living in the morning.

As most of you probably know, you hit a nerve with the coffee discussion... I do not function at all without coffee, home or away, and my very first post to this thread back in 2009 was "What kind of coffee makers are in the room?" For my class trip stays at All Star Movies, I brought my own coffee maker.

With apologies to Starb$$$cks, I am a Dunkin' girl- I don't want it grande, caramel, mocha or any of that other stuff- just black.

Fun fact- my first job was working at Dunkin' Donuts many, many years ago...

Dunkins.jpg

We were put in a handicap accessible room with two queens and a daybed and roll in shower back in February. This room was on the first floor and just a couple of doors down from the Marketplace and main elevators. It was a really nice room and I loved the huge tiled shower. I did a review of the room in this thread:

Beach Club Room Views

the room number was 1668
Thank you Wood Nymph! We would love this location! Fingers crossed for our check in tomorrow:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter