Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So disappointed and upset with Disney.

AP discounts came out today for late Nov and Dec. I called at 730am to see if I could get the discount added to my reservation at the BC CL water view. I was told that there was nothing available at the BC or YC in any category even the BC villas and BW or BW villas for that time frame. The only thing they had was for Caribbean Beach Resort for moderate resorts. I called today 5 times hoping, but nothing. I said to the cast member "Really the discounts just came out a half hour ago and there is nothing available" she said nope, nothing available and to keep calling back.

I was counting on the $1500 + discount!!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
I feel your pain - I felt exactly the same way when we did not get our discount for our trip.

Sorry that your expectations are not quite being met and I hate to add to that but we requested a clock 3 times this past trip and never got it. We gave up in the end :headache:

This is one thing on our recent trip that drove me batty. Why would they get rid of the clocks? Didn't even dawn on me to ask for one.

Checked in yesterday afternoon and got room 4199. Classed as standard view so looking straight ahead I've got rooftop but looking right I've got a bit of Stormalong Bay and the Lake no daybed but there's only two of us.

Can't really fault it so far ... biggest gripe would be distance of the Marketplace in BC for refillable mugs and the fact it doesnt open until 7am. Also for some reason our TV remote won't turn off the TV but will turn it on #firstworldproblems I've got some photos but don't know how to re-size them on an ipad.

Does the Regatta Club have a balcony with tables and chairs that you can use? If so, what is the view from there?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Here now at the Regatta Club... 2 tables on the balcony and it over looks the front entrance! Here are a few pics for you!

Thank you so much for posting these!!!

I have a picture of the view from the BC CL on Page 1, but I don't have the YC CL and I had no idea about the answer to the question above.

I appreciate the quick response!

:thumbsup2

We check in on Friday! I went to do online check in but don't see my request to be near the lobby anywhere on MDE. The travel agent told me she added it and I called the group reservation number myself to request it. Do requests phoned in not appear on MDE? There is also no option to request a day bed in the online check in request drop down menu, seems odd they have pool view and courtyard view as options to choose when I have a standard room booked but no day bed or balcony choice. :confused3

I'm not sure if I should try online check in or wait. :scratchin

If you are 5 in the room do you usually get a room with a day bed or is it best to call and add that request also? Thank you.

You are correct, it is silly to have those options for the online checkin since they are view specific. Everyone gets the same list of options and as you have noticed, "Close to Lobby" and "Daybed" are not included as choices. But isn't there a choice of full balcony? [ETA: didn't notice this was for YC, so no option for a balcony choice makes sense]

If you have 5 registered to the room (and everyone is over age 3), you will have priority for a daybed. That is, if a room with a daybed is available for your trip, you should be assigned it before someone who has requested one but has 4 or fewer on their reservation.

You can have your travel agent call and reinforce that you would like a room with a daybed.

::yes::

Last edited:
Checked in yesterday afternoon and got room 4199. Classed as standard view so looking straight ahead I've got rooftop but looking right I've got a bit of Stormalong Bay and the Lake no daybed but there's only two of us.

Can't really fault it so far ... biggest gripe would be distance of the Marketplace in BC for refillable mugs and the fact it doesnt open until 7am. Also for some reason our TV remote won't turn off the TV but will turn it on #firstworldproblems I've got some photos but don't know how to re-size them on an ipad.

Some beverages are available in the Ale & Compass lounge (Yacht Club lobby) in the early morning (6 am, I think). You can use your refill mug for coffee or tea. I'm not sure about soft drinks, I keep hearing different accounts about whether you can get things like Coke, diet coke, etc from this location.

:drinking1

You are correct, it is silly to have those options for the online checkin since they are view specific. Everyone gets the same list of options and as you have noticed, "Close to Lobby" and "Daybed" are not included as choices. But isn't there a choice of full balcony?

If you have 5 registered to the room (and everyone is over age 3), you will have priority for a daybed. That is, if a room with a daybed is available for your trip, you should be assigned it before someone who has requested one but has 4 or fewer on their reservation.

You can have your travel agent call and reinforce that you would like a room with a daybed.

No, no balcony choice is listed at all (at least for the Yacht Club, maybe it is different for the Beach Club?). They have pool view, courtyard view, ground floor, lower floor, high floor, adjoining rooms, connecting rooms, connecting rooms guaranteed (yes, it's listed twice with one being guaranteed!), 2 queen beds, king bed, baby gate, near elevator. Nothing about being near the lobby, the daybed or balcony, of course all the three things I care about. o_O

Some beverages are available in the Ale & Compass lounge (Yacht Club lobby) in the early morning (6 am, I think). You can use your refill mug for coffee or tea. I'm not sure about soft drinks, I keep hearing different accounts about whether you can get things like Coke, diet coke, etc from this location.

Any chance you can use the refillable mug for iced coffee there or anywhere?

No, no balcony choice is listed at all (at least for the Yacht Club, maybe it is different for the Beach Club?). They have pool view, courtyard view, ground floor, lower floor, high floor, adjoining rooms, connecting rooms, connecting rooms guaranteed (yes, it's listed twice with one being guaranteed!), 2 queen beds, king bed, baby gate, near elevator. Nothing about being near the lobby, the daybed or balcony, of course all the three things I care about. o_O

No need to have the balcony request at YC- all rooms have full balconies except I believe one on Club Level floor. I believe larger balcony IS a request on the Beach Club Checkin.

No need to have the balcony request at YC- all rooms have full balconies except I believe one on Club Level floor. I believe larger balcony IS a request on the Beach Club Checkin.

That is good to know thank you, I thought there were more rooms with no balconies at the YC. I think I will leave it be as we are 5 in the room all over 3 years old and hopefully the daybed will not be an issue. :cool:

Any chance you can use the refillable mug for iced coffee there or anywhere?
You would have to put ice in your mug and then add hot coffee to it to get iced coffee. Some people will get the coffee the night before and put it in the room's refrigerator to get cold. The Ale and Compass has hot coffee in the morning but doesn't have ice or a cold drink dispenser available for guests to use. The bartender would have to give you the ice.

You would have to put ice in your mug and then add hot coffee to it to get iced coffee. Some people will get the coffee the night before and put it in the room's refrigerator to get cold. The Ale and Compass has hot coffee in the morning but doesn't have ice or a cold drink dispenser available for guests to use. The bartender would have to give you the ice.
Disney World in general is lacking in large amounts of decent iced coffee...

Off to get a final Sunken Treasure for the trip then a walk to World Showcase for Teppan Edo

View attachment 188722 Good morning from BC!
It's been a wonderful stay so far. We don't miss the alarm clocks at all (it's nice not to be too tied to time), we've eaten at FF THREE nights in a row (it's that good!), and I'm most looking forward to today. Today we have about 2 hrs in SAB, followed by a Soarin' FP, then World Showcase all day, only pausing for dinner at Coral Reef.....
:cloud9:
Oh wow! 3 nights - it must be good.

We check in to Yacht Club tomorrow. It's our last night at Royal Pacific and in all honesty I can't wait to be away. We went to the pool yesterday. - erm it's only 4foot at the deepest point. We've had a really good time in the parks and the Express really does save a tonne of time. (It also helps to be friends with a few Team Members). I'm currently doing laundry as there are more machines here than at Yacht Club. The ironing may have to wait. See some of you real soon.

This ^

I try to plan ahead and have some cool coffee in the room fridge. Sometimes I'll brew some extra in the room.

Disney World in general is lacking in large amounts of decent iced coffee...

And this!!!

But then we are lucky to live in Dunkin' country, so we are spoiled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter