Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We have a short stay and will do one resort day in October. It looks like the Captains Grill would be a better option than Marketplace in terms of choices and value for breakfast before a day at Stormalong Bay. Any disagreement with that or comments on your experience with breakfast at either?

We intend to be pool ready with suits/coverups/bags and go directly from 8am breakfast at the Captains Grill to 9open for SB.

Should we be reserving a few chairs with towels before 9am? Or dont people play that game at this resort?

I love breakfast at Captain's Grille! You have an option of some really interesting a la carte items or the buffet. There are a few reviews (some of them mine) in Post 7, Dining on Page 1 of this thread.

You won't be able to go into Stormalong Bay until it opens, which won't be before 9 am. Not sure if it will be 9 am or 10 am in October. You will not have any trouble finding chairs at that time of day.

:fish:

Some inconsiderate guests do reserve chairs with towels early and then leave. :sad2:

:mad:

But they run the risk of having NinjaMom suddenly jump out of the bushes and beat them senseless with a pool noodle.... :-)

Here's the FAQ post about the towel game and about Chair Piggies from our favorite resort correspondent:

Is it true that I need to set out a towel on a lounger 3 days in advance to reserve a lounger at SAB?

No. Please don't (see next post)

random survey of pool chair availability, mid-August 2014

Do guests play "The Towel Game" at Stormalong Bay? How do I deal with "Chair Piggies?"

Check out this useful post by NinjaMom:
Chair Piggies

:rotfl2:

Last edited:
image.jpeg Good morning from BC!
It's been a wonderful stay so far. We don't miss the alarm clocks at all (it's nice not to be too tied to time), we've eaten at FF THREE nights in a row (it's that good!), and I'm most looking forward to today. Today we have about 2 hrs in SAB, followed by a Soarin' FP, then World Showcase all day, only pausing for dinner at Coral Reef.....
:cloud9:

We have a short stay and will do one resort day in October. It looks like the Captains Grill would be a better option than Marketplace in terms of choices and value for breakfast before a day at Stormalong Bay. Any disagreement with that or comments on your experience with breakfast at either?
Marketplace has a pretty good breakfast platter and hot choices. In terms of VALUE, marketplace wins. We spent about $80 on breakfast for 2 adults and 1 child because we did the buffet at Captain's Grille. Maybe if you order off the menu you can manage to save a bit, but the marketplace definitely is way cheaper.

~Cari~ pluto:

Last edited:
Later today we say goodbye to this lovely view. As always, this is our favorite and we will be back! Bravo! To the CM's at the Beach Club, especially those here on Club Level! We have had an incredible stay.
What a wonderful view you had. It looks like your room was somewhere in the vicinity and two floors above the room that @kanssasdisneygal had.

I'm dying to know your impressions of your GF/BC split stay. :)

Captains Grill is a very nice choice for breakfast. Some of the ala carte items are very reasonably priced. :)

Should we be reserving a few chairs with towels before 9am? Or dont people play that game at this resort?
That is a very touchy subject around here. There is nothing we hate worse than people who reserve the lounge chairs first thing in the morning. In fact, most guests wish that CMs would be more aggressive about stopping the practice. And people have gone beyond just putting a towel down. I'll seen chairs in prime locations being reserved with random items like a pair of flip flops, a hat, a shirt, and other objects that make it look like they are in the pool but a head count and a long period of time gives them away as chair piggies. I have been known to do a little clean up of the leftover towels when it has looked like the swimmers were just too lazy to put the wet towels in the bin. I call it public service. ;)

View attachment 188722 Good morning from BC!
It's been a wonderful stay so far. We don't miss the alarm clocks at all (it's nice not to be too tied to time), we've eaten at FF THREE nights in a row (it's that good!), and I'm most looking forward to today. Today we have about 2 hrs in SAB, followed by a Soarin' FP, then World Showcase all day, only pausing for dinner at Coral Reef.....
:cloud9:
Flying Fish must be really good. :)

Page 631-632

Can someone explain the secret door at the YC to me? I read the posts about how to find it and where it is? But why do we use it? What does it make easier. Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming stay at the resort?

Wood Nymph and Katesdad did a great job explaining the where and why of the secret door.

::yes::

Live from day 2 at the beach club! We started off the day with breakfast at the garden grill in Epcot. The breakfast was really good (especially the warm cinnamon sticky bun!), and it ended up being a perfect strategy for getting on Soarin before the crowds arrived. Our reservation wasn't until 8:25, but the restaurant wasn't crowded at all - I don't think the tables were ever more than half filled - and they were able to seat us as soon as we arrived. All of the characters passed our table at least 4 times and were super interactive. At one point, Dale took my 2 year old by the hand and led him in a circle around the restaurant. I would definitely recommend breakfast here, especially if you don't have a fastpass for Soarin.
We spent the evening at the pool. I don't know if this has already been mentioned (or if anyone besides my children care), but the whirling waters whirlpool section was not working, and a lifeguard said it had been broken for a few months but that it was fixed a few days ago, worked for two days and then broke again. My older kids have been known to spend hours whirling around in circles there, so they were bummed for about a minute and then went off to find one of the many other things to do at the pool.
Mousekeeping has been wonderful so far, both here and at the Grand, and we've had only positive interactions with cast members throughout the parks. I did verify with a different person than my husband talked to at the front desk that, indeed, there are no more clocks in storage at the BC. We have trained my poor kids that if they make a peep before 6:30, they may not live to see 7:00, so they are a bit lost without the clock, but I suppose we'll let them slide for the next few days.
One other thing to note: if you spend a lot of time on your balcony (we're out here every evening when our kids go to bed) and bugs tend to like you, pack your bug spray in case you end up in a room on the woods side or the resort. This is the second time we've been in a woods room and the mosquitos have snacked on me both times. Of course, my husband hasn't gotten a single bite. I guess I'm just that much sweeter :flower:
If there is any recon mission anyone would like me to try to take care of while I'm here, please let me know!

Thanks for the info about the whirlpool- I have not seen that info posted yet. :(

That is too bad, a few years back, my son spent about an hour going 'round and 'round. In fact, he did that so long that I missed out on my window to order my first Sunken Treasure! (No worries, I have since remedied that injustice)

So sorry to hear about the mosquitos- protect yourself!

If you happen to be in the Marketplace and remember, can you check to see if they sell cases of soda/tonic/soft drinks (whatever you call them) or if they are just sold in individual bottles/cans.

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

Having an awesome time too here at BC! Found the secret BC entrance on our way back from EP tonight and it was awesome! All the CMs here at BC have been super nice. We are living without a clock, but it is not as bad as I thought. Just wish I had a better way to dry all of our bathing suits .....we have been doing a lot of swimming! It is not!!

Thanks for your comments!

:goodvibes

There appears to have been some type of ruckus near the lobby of BC this evening. My son and nephew heard sirens and my wife, daughter and brothers family saw 2 police cars and a sheriffs car and someone with a bloody arm. Stabbing or fight?

I saw and heard nothing

DH and little ones were back at our room at 7. Our room is ground level right off the lobby and he heard nothing.

We appreciate the live updates! Especially this intriguing one... Hmmmm

:eek:

Checking in today! Just had to share - SO EXCITED!!

:welcome: to the thread!

Have a magical trip!

:cool1:

Video of Stromalong Bay recently posted by Allearsnet:

Thanks for posting this! Awesome!

:fish:

So it's 6:30 AM here and I'm sound asleep. All of a sudden a little whirlwind enters my room screaming at the top of her lungs "Nanny, Nanny, Nanny, Elena is coming to Disney World and we can see her when we go". I'm still in shock ... my heart is pounding ... scared me to death. But I am definitely excited to see Elena LOL!!! Living with a little Disney Princess is such fun and of course she has taught me to get my priorities straight!

Miss you all!!!!

So it's 6:30 AM here and I'm sound asleep. All of a sudden a little whirlwind enters my room screaming at the top of her lungs "Nanny, Nanny, Nanny, Elena is coming to Disney World and we can see her when we go". I'm still in shock ... my heart is pounding ... scared me to death. But I am definitely excited to see Elena LOL!!! Living with a little Disney Princess is such fun and of course she has taught me to get my priorities straight!

Miss you all!!!!

How soon is your trip again Teena? ENJOY your Lily - Nanny time.
We all miss you a lot.

Does the Regatta Club have a balcony with tables and chairs that you can use? If so, what is the view from there?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
Here now at the Regatta Club... 2 tables on the balcony and it over looks the front entrance! Here are a few pics for you!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 62
We check in on Friday! I went to do online check in but don't see my request to be near the lobby anywhere on MDE. The travel agent told me she added it and I called the group reservation number myself to request it. Do requests phoned in not appear on MDE? There is also no option to request a day bed in the online check in request drop down menu, seems odd they have pool view and courtyard view as options to choose when I have a standard room booked but no day bed or balcony choice. :confused3

I'm not sure if I should try online check in or wait. :scratchin

We check in on Friday! I went to do online check in but don't see my request to be near the lobby anywhere on MDE. The travel agent told me she added it and I called the group reservation number myself to request it. Do requests phoned in not appear on MDE? There is also no option to request a day bed in the online check in request drop down menu, seems odd they have pool view and courtyard view as options to choose when I have a standard room booked but no day bed or balcony choice. :confused3

I'm not sure if I should try online check in or wait. :scratchin

Your phoned in requests will not show on MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter