Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Why would they get rid of the clocks in the room? Don't all hotel rooms have clocks? It's strange.

I always roll the wet suits up in a towel and stomp on it to squeeze all the water out. Then I hang them up on the clothesline using clothespins that I bring from home. They dry faster that way. :)

Thanks!! Perfect! Too late for the clothes pins for me for this trip, but I'm doing the rolling in the towel thing tonight after swimming! Clothes pins on list for next trip now!!

There appears to have been some type of ruckus near the lobby of BC this evening. My son and nephew heard sirens and my wife, daughter and brothers family saw 2 police cars and a sheriffs car and someone with a bloody arm. Stabbing or fight?

I saw and heard nothing

DH and little ones were back at our room at 7. Our room is ground level right off the lobby and he heard nothing.

:wave2:

Hi everyone!

I just want to say you guys are all awesome! I haven't had time to respond much or in an orderly way, so I appreciate that there are so many people here to help out and answer questions. I always keep up with reading posts when I have a spare minute and it puts a smile on my face.

It has been a stressful week for a number of reasons- nothing catastrophic, just stuff not going the way I hoped, but on the plus side, I have been too distracted to think about having to drop my son Nate off at school in a week.

Just thought I would share my thanks!

:goodvibes

I'm here at the BC getting ready to start our first full day. We had one heck of a long day yesterday so I'm letting the kids snooze as long as I can before waking them.

I absolutely love our room location. For us, it is as close to perfect as it gets. We are close to the main pool, close to the lobby, and I didn't feel that the busses were a terrible hike at all.
We have a Juliette balcony but that is ok because the only request I gave was having a day bed. We have a 10 year old boy and a 14 year old girl so sharing a bed would never happen.

I figured we would have a roof view, but we have a garden view over near the volleyball court.
I'll post pictures of our room tonight when we return.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

page 627

But what about the shop at the International Gateway. Has anyone looked there - that would be a quick walk on arrival day ...

:welcome: to the thread!!!

Do you have an upcoming trip or are you just following along and hanging with the cool kids?

View attachment 188331 Enough said....

Pictures of Secret Exit/Entrance

These are great pictures. I will use them to replace the ones I have for the Secret Exit- my pictures are ancient, so I think an updating of the post is in order.

:magnify:

I know I've been slacking in the comments, had to catch up on 600+ messages, and still have 298 to go. Darn you real life, stop trying to distract me. :wave2:

Anyway, we are a few months past our June BC trip and still bummed that we missed a lot with that overwhelming heat!

I did want to say, however, that DH (who has been really just going to WDW because it makes ME happy) has become a true Beach Club-aholic. We are tentatively planning our Oct 2017 trip and he is super enthusiastic about it. This is the same man who is constantly worried about money. I keep offering suggestions of other resorts to either save money or to try something new and he's like, "Why? I love the beach club. Let's stay there again." I think it was the gym that truly won him over. :rotfl2:

~Cari~ pluto:

:wave:

A smart man!

Glad to hear we have another convert!

:thumbsup2

Can someone explain the secret door at the YC to me? I read the posts about how to find it and where it is? But why do we use it? What does it make easier. Thanks!
Wood Nymph's replay was great with map and everything. I'd like to add that there is another "secret entrance" (or fire escape door) on the other side of the gazebo plaza area that is also very useful for those in that particular wing of the building. It saves the hassle of going to the lobby if all you are doing is going out to the lake area to walk to the parks or go to SAB.
Katesdad

Page 628-629

2 weeks ago we were at Beach Club Villas in a new renovated 2 bedroom villa .So much to report and pics to come. Playing catch up at work etc so look for posts soon . Have some pics but keep getting an error too large to post . Anyone?

I posted instructions a couple of pages ago about making pictures small enough for direct uploading, but I also wanted to offer to post them if you are comfortable emailing them to me. You can use the address beachclubdee at yahoo.

:surfweb:

Hi! Wondering if anyone would have a guess-timate on the villas renovation timeline?? We're looking to stay in a one bedroom villa in June 2017. Thanks!

:welcome:

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list for next June.

:cool1:

I believe the rehab of the villas is almost done, if not finished as we speak. The last report we had, from yesterday, is that construction walls are down and final touches are being completed.

::yes::

Hello BC thread! We're staying in a Deluxe room this Christmas from Dec 16-26! Only stayed at BC one time (spring break 2015) in a SV CL room and loved the lounge. Looking forward to the Holidays at this resort and especially the close proximity to Epcot!

Quick question. Our general strategy is to wake up early and hit rope drop at any given park, then come back to the room in the early afternoon. It is always extremely disappointing if housekeeping hasn't been to our room by 2 or 3 in the afternoon -- is there a way to request early-ish housekeeping service? Or is it too common a request for them to be able to honor?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

Thanks so much for all the live, on-the-spot reports!!!

It is always nice to read about visits "home"

:banana::banana::banana:

We checked into the BC this morning and WOW! Awesome day! We arrived via magical express at 9:30 am and our room was ready! Best location for us too! Took it easy with a late breakfast at the marketplace and a pool day. Walked out to the pool at 1 pm and found loungers in the shade, and tubes to float in the pool. Our room is a nice cool temperature too!! Changed our schedule yet again thanks to dining and ended up at Park Fare for dinner. Very yummy. Everyone here super friendly and the CM's have all been very helpful and nice. I requested a pack and play in the morning and had to go back to the front desk in the evening since we had not received one. Within minutes someone came with an actual crib! So excited, I didn't think a crib here actually existed! Oh and ended up with the handle less mugs, however we were able to find four different colors...even though they mostly had red and blue. Love the mutiple outlets and ports for charging now in the room. Now our vacation can begin!!!

Glad to hear about your great start!

Hey, Beach Club experts! We just checked in today for the second half of our Disney visit, having transferred over from the Grand Floridian. One quick question: has anybody called housekeeping to request a clock and gotten one? We requested and received one at the Grand Floridian and at Animal Kingdom Lodge earlier this year, but housekeeping at the BC is telling us that they don't have any clocks...after the front desk told us they'd send one right up. Hmmm, I'm confused.
I have to say, I was so excited to check in today to my favorite resort, but for a variety of reasons, it has actually been really disappointing so far. Maybe my expectations were too high from all of the great experiences we've had here, but I'm kind of regretting my split stay and wishing we had stayed put over at the Grand Floridian . We will make the best of it, though, because it's still better than being at home!

And just so I'm not too much of a Debbie downer, I will add that the lobby still smells heavenly, Ashley at the front desk was super sweet and helpful, and we had an excellent dinner at captains grill :)

Thanks so much for your comments!

The clock thing gets under my skin, too and especially when you are given conflicting info!

Up to the minute reporting here....no mugs with handles. Sorry they are gone and according to the CM I just spoke to, the handled mugs have all sold or been pulled from shelves.
Good morning from the BC lounge! Beautiful lounge, beautiful room and very helpful lovely CM's. :goodvibes

A gluten free donut, delicious!

Thanks for the info and great pictures. I have added them to my library!

:hug:

We have a short stay and will do one resort day in October. It looks like the Captains Grill would be a better option than Marketplace in terms of choices and value for breakfast before a day at Stormalong Bay. Any disagreement with that or comments on your experience with breakfast at either?

We intend to be pool ready with suits/coverups/bags and go directly from 8am breakfast at the Captains Grill to 9open for SB.

Should we be reserving a few chairs with towels before 9am? Or dont people play that game at this resort?

page 630

Update on BCV refurb...first floor wing to left of entrance done. Construction wall down. Progress being made and construction continues in several areas but have had zero impact on our stay. We are having a great trip no complaints about anything!

Thank you so much!

Ok, we have been back from our vacation for a couple weeks, so I just wanted to let everyone know that we had a fabulous time on our honeymoon and I have converted DH into a Disney lover.

*snip*

Overall, we truly enjoyed the Beach Club. We loved the ambiance, the smell, and our close location to the elevators/marketplace. We had good luck with buses and I don't think we ever waited more than 10 minutes. We probably will not stay deluxe again for awhile, but when we do, I am sure we will be back at the BC. The closeness to Epcot and Hollywood Studios was amazing. Let me know if any of you have questions and I will be happy to try and answer them!

Thanks so much for letting us know about your trip! So glad it went well.

I haven't seen the view from that room- I love it! I'm going to add your picture and description to the BC View Thread.

Also, thanks for the picture of the toiletries. I'll add that to the room post.

:thumbsup2

How late does Stormalong bay stay open ? We are coming in tomorrow and thats the first thing
the grandkids will ask .

is it possible to bring ones with handles and have them activate them again ?

:welcome: to the thread!

Want to wish you and your family a fabulous l trip!

:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter