Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok, we have been back from our vacation for a couple weeks, so I just wanted to let everyone know that we had a fabulous time on our honeymoon and I have converted DH into a Disney lover. This was his first time to WDW and he was skeptical. Anyway, just wanted to give a little report on our trip and specifically focus on the BC.

We stayed at the BC from July 26th - August 4th. We had booked a Garden View and had requested a King Bed and Full Balcony. We also noted that it was our honeymoon on our reservation. We had an VERY early morning flight and arrived at MCO around 9am. We were at the resort by 10:30am and we were exhausted because we both got very little sleep the night before - like not exaggerating here, maybe 30 minutes. Our room was not ready, so we dropped our bags at the bell services desk and went to explore the resort! We wandered, checked out the pool, found Beaches and Cream since we were having lunch there in a little bit, and found the secret entrance - which we used EVERY TIME we went to and from Epcot because: AIR CONDITIONING! :rotfl2: After lunch at Beaches and Cream, we hadn't received a text yet that our room was ready but we wanted to go double check at the front desk. So we went and asked. This is when we found out that they did not have our King Bed request and we were told there were no King beds available for our entire stay. I was so bummed. I asked if they had any full balconies ready and they did not. It was about 1:30pm and I was getting irritable because I was so tired. (Please note that I was still polite to the cast members, I would never take it out on them because I know they have no control over rooms being ready or not.)But, I was also having dizzy spells from lack of sleep - so we really needed in a room. I finally just asked if anything in Garden View was available and there was so, we just took it!

We were in Room 3529. It was a nice room and I thought it had a great view for a Garden View. We could see part of the pool through the trees and looking to the left you could see the lake. Also a perfect spot for people watching. Honestly though, it was ok that it was a Juliet balcony because it was so dang hot, we wouldn't have spent much time out there anyway. I am still bummed about the King Bed, it would have been much better than the 2 queens. I think there were two nights that I actually woke up in the middle of the night and DH had moved to the other bed just so he had the room he wanted. Anyway, it was a WONDERFUL location. We were feet away from the main elevator bank and could quickly go down and get mug refills anytime. Super Convenient!!! We said multiple times while walking to the secret entrance that we would have really disliked being in one of those hallways far away from the marketplace.

We were so blessed to meet and talk with Monty & Hope multiple times throughout our trip. By the second day, Monty knew us as the "Honeymooners" and always asked where we were off to that day and where we were eating. Such a nice guy! During the trip, DH had purchased a 2016 mickey pin and had pinned it to our backpack that we carry in the parks. Well the morning we were leaving and packing up, DH noticed it had fallen off. :worried: After we checked our bags for the airline, we ran into Monty & Hope. We were talking and he offered us a pin from his lanyard to help remember the trip. It was super sweet of him. I joked with DH to not put this one on the backpack this time and Monty & Hope asked why. I explained and they then asked what time we were leaving that day. We told them we were going to Disney Springs but would be back around 4. He and Hope told us they got off work at 4:30 and to make sure to find one of them when we got back. Well, when we returned, we saw Monty in the lobby. He quickly went and got Hope from the back offices (I am assuming) and they presented us with - not 1 - but a set of 6 different 2016 character pins. It was just the nicest gesture and really made our last day that much better. :thumbsup2

Overall, we truly enjoyed the Beach Club. We loved the ambiance, the smell, and our close location to the elevators/marketplace. We had good luck with buses and I don't think we ever waited more than 10 minutes. We probably will not stay deluxe again for awhile, but when we do, I am sure we will be back at the BC. The closeness to Epcot and Hollywood Studios was amazing. Let me know if any of you have questions and I will be happy to try and answer them!

Last edited:

Ok, we have been back from our vacation for a couple weeks, so I just wanted to let everyone know that we had a fabulous time on our honeymoon and I have converted DH into a Disney lover. This was his first time to WDW and he was skeptical. Anyway, just wanted to give a little report on our trip and specifically focus on the BC.

We stayed at the BC from July 26th - August 4th. We had booked a Garden View and had requested a King Bed and Full Balcony. We also noted that it was our honeymoon on our reservation. We had an VERY early morning flight and arrived at MCO around 9am. We were at the resort by 10:30am and we were exhausted because we both got very little sleep the night before - like not exaggerating here, maybe 30 minutes. Our room was not ready, so we dropped our bags at the bell services desk and went to explore the resort! We wandered, checked out the pool, found Beaches and Cream since we were having lunch there in a little bit, and found the secret entrance - which we used EVERY TIME we went to and from Epcot because: AIR CONDITIONING! :rotfl2: After lunch at Beaches and Cream, we hadn't received a text yet that our room was ready but we wanted to go double check at the front desk. So we went and asked. This is when we found out that they did not have our King Bed request and we were told there were no King beds available for our entire stay. I was so bummed. I asked if they had any full balconies ready and they did not. It was about 1:30pm and I was getting irritable because I was so tired. (Please note that I was still polite to the cast members, I would never take it out on them because I know they have no control over rooms being ready or not.)But, I was also having dizzy spells from lack of sleep - so we really needed in a room. I finally just asked if anything in Garden View was available and there was so, we just took it!

We were in Room 3529. It was a nice room and I thought it had a great view for a Garden View. We could see part of the pool through the trees and looking to the left you could see the lake. Also a perfect spot for people watching. Honestly though, it was ok that it was a Juliet balcony because it was so dang hot, we wouldn't have spent much time out there anyway. I am still bummed about the King Bed, it would have been much better than the 2 queens. I think there were two nights that I actually woke up in the middle of the night and DH had moved to the other bed just so he had the room he wanted. Anyway, it was a WONDERFUL location. We were feet away from the main elevator bank and could quickly go down and get mug refills anytime. Super Convenient!!! We said multiple times while walking to the secret entrance that we would have really disliked being in one of those hallways far away from the marketplace.

We were so blessed to meet and talk with Monty & Hope multiple times throughout our trip. By the second day, Monty knew us as the "Honeymooners" and always asked where we were off to that day and where we were eating. Such a nice guy! During the trip, DH had purchased a 2016 mickey pin and had pinned it to our backpack that we carry in the parks. Well the morning we were leaving and packing up, DH noticed it had fallen off. :worried: After we checked our bags for the airline, we ran into Monty & Hope. We were talking and he offered us a pin from his lanyard to help remember the trip. It was super sweet of him. I joked with DH to not put this one on the backpack this time and Monty & Hope asked why. I explained and they then asked what time we were leaving that day. We told them we were going to Disney Springs but would be back around 4. He and Hope told us they got off work at 4:30 and to make sure to find one of them when we got back. Well, when we returned, we saw Monty in the lobby. He quickly went and got Hope from the back offices (I am assuming) and they presented us with - not 1 - but a set of 6 different 2016 character pins. It was just the nicest gesture and really made our last day that much better. :thumbsup2

Overall, we truly enjoyed the Beach Club. We loved the ambiance, the smell, and our close location to the elevators/marketplace. We had good luck with buses and I don't think we ever waited more than 10 minutes. We probably will not stay deluxe again for awhile, but when we do, I am sure we will be back at the BC. The closeness to Epcot and Hollywood Studios was amazing. Let me know if any of you have questions and I will be happy to try and answer them!

Congrats!

Monty Ray rocks and says hi to Teena

Honestly though, it was ok that it was a Juliet balcony because it was so dang hot, we wouldn't have spent much time out there anyway.
The last time we had a Juliet balcony it was too hot to sit outside. :)

Anyway, it was a WONDERFUL location. We were feet away from the main elevator bank and could quickly go down and get mug refills anytime. Super Convenient!!! We said multiple times while walking to the secret entrance that we would have really disliked being in one of those hallways far away from the marketplace.
That is a really nice room location. Our last room was close to the Marketplace and we loved that location.

Thanks for the mini trip report. I love what Hope and Monty did for you. That was really nice. :)

Yes, CM told me the mugs are supposed to last for 2 years. You do need to pay the same price as if the mug was new, but at least you would have a handle of that is what you prefer.
Whoops. You are right. Unless it was microwaved or something it should be possible.

My view from my YC CL room I was upgraded to when I checked in today! I had booked a standard room! Boy did I get upgraded! The regatta club is amazing and the staff very friendly!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 75
Can someone explain the secret door at the YC to me? I read the posts about how to find it and where it is? But why do we use it? What does it make easier. Thanks!

Live from day 2 at the beach club! We started off the day with breakfast at the garden grill in Epcot. The breakfast was really good (especially the warm cinnamon sticky bun!), and it ended up being a perfect strategy for getting on Soarin before the crowds arrived. Our reservation wasn't until 8:25, but the restaurant wasn't crowded at all - I don't think the tables were ever more than half filled - and they were able to seat us as soon as we arrived. All of the characters passed our table at least 4 times and were super interactive. At one point, Dale took my 2 year old by the hand and led him in a circle around the restaurant. I would definitely recommend breakfast here, especially if you don't have a fastpass for Soarin.
We spent the evening at the pool. I don't know if this has already been mentioned (or if anyone besides my children care), but the whirling waters whirlpool section was not working, and a lifeguard said it had been broken for a few months but that it was fixed a few days ago, worked for two days and then broke again. My older kids have been known to spend hours whirling around in circles there, so they were bummed for about a minute and then went off to find one of the many other things to do at the pool.
Mousekeeping has been wonderful so far, both here and at the Grand, and we've had only positive interactions with cast members throughout the parks. I did verify with a different person than my husband talked to at the front desk that, indeed, there are no more clocks in storage at the BC. We have trained my poor kids that if they make a peep before 6:30, they may not live to see 7:00, so they are a bit lost without the clock, but I suppose we'll let them slide for the next few days.
One other thing to note: if you spend a lot of time on your balcony (we're out here every evening when our kids go to bed) and bugs tend to like you, pack your bug spray in case you end up in a room on the woods side or the resort. This is the second time we've been in a woods room and the mosquitos have snacked on me both times. Of course, my husband hasn't gotten a single bite. I guess I'm just that much sweeter :flower:
If there is any recon mission anyone would like me to try to take care of while I'm here, please let me know!

Can someone explain the secret door at the YC to me? I read the posts about how to find it and where it is? But why do we use it? What does it make easier. Thanks!
The secret door at the YC is close to the boat dock. It is a fire door and convenient for guests staying in the section of the Yacht Club that is closest to the lagoon. We used that secret door all the time the first time we stayed at the YC. Our room was close to that exit door and it was a shorter walk for us to get to the boat, to the International Gateway, Hurricane Hana and the BC when we went out that door. We even used that exit to walk to the lobby to catch a bus because it was nicer to walk outside then through the hallways. The second time we stayed at the YC we never used that door at all. Our room was close to the main elevator and it would have been going out of our way to use it.

yachtbeach%20map_zps2dol2otq.gif

The Yacht Club secret door is near the laundry room, marked on this map, close to the marina. You can see that it would be convenient for guests who have a room in that section of the resort. But it wouldn't help anyone staying close to the lobby.

Last edited:
Having an awesome time too here at BC! Found the secret BC entrance on our way back from EP tonight and it was awesome! All the CMs here at BC have been super nice. We are living without a clock, but it is not as bad as I thought. Just wish I had a better way to dry all of our bathing suits .....we have been doing a lot of swimming! It is not!!

There appears to have been some type of ruckus near the lobby of BC this evening. My son and nephew heard sirens and my wife, daughter and brothers family saw 2 police cars and a sheriffs car and someone with a bloody arm. Stabbing or fight?

I saw and heard nothing

My view from my YC CL room I was upgraded to when I checked in today! I had booked a standard room! Boy did I get upgraded! The regatta club is amazing and the staff very friendly!!!!
So happy for you! Can't wait to be there in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!