Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

What dates are you looking for? I just found 12/11-18 available at YC in both a standard and club level with the AP discount. Are your dates flexible? Also, check Orbitz. There is a general discount out at the same time and if they have any kind of % off deal going you might find something at as good or better than the AP discount.

We are going Nov 14-21. Airfare is already booked, dates are not flexible now. I think this is the same time as the cheerleaders arrive!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

We have unconfirmed speculation that the YC renovations will include an expansion of the Ale & Compass lounge to include (or become) a quick service location with a REFILL MUG STATION for the convenience of Yacht Club guests.

Wow - first the YC/BC decides to FINALLY put a shower in the bathrooms by the pool after talking about it for almost two years, and now they have FINALLY decided to add some sort of quick service to YC after years and years of complaints. Someone with decision making abilities seems to have their act together. ;) Oh - and I have to add Mickey waffles to the list of "it's about time" things that guests have been asking them to add. These changes have been wanted by guests for a long time now. It is nice to see they are finally listening.

Hello all!
We are all checked in at Beach Club and had a wonderful first night. Dinner at FF was incredible, and we were delighted to see our favorite bartender Diane at Ale & Compass, who did indeed confirm the expansion of that bar. Our room is lovely, but I won't bore you with pics because we know what the decor looks like. I will send pics of the view though. We were upgraded to a GV and it's room 2581 overlooking the volleyball court.......and a tree.....like right in front of it. Oh well. You win some, you lose some. The lovely ML, who checked us in, gave us an option of two rooms. A corner room with no daybed and a small balcony that overlooks the quiet pool, or this one. This one has a huge balcony and a daybed. Knowing my BC geography, I chose this room. How could I know that there would be a tree almost directly in front of the balcony?. It's really not bad at all though considering we paid for at SV. Dee, feel free to use the pics.

Room 2581, GV

Looking right....image.jpeg

Looking straight ahead.....
image.jpeg

Looking left.....

image.jpeg

Hello all! Checking into the Yacht Club in a few weeks and I've been reading all the renovation news. Is there any area I should avoid? Not as particular about a specific room just a specific area. I love quiet and my requests are for a high up floor and close to transportation. We are only staying 1 night so we can enjoy both nearby parks before moving offsite so having a killer view is not a priority as we won't have time to savor it. I am excited about staying here though and hope to stay longer next visit. We took the entire family in May and couldn't afford a big vacation this time around and are visiting our time share for the first time in years but I just couldn't stand not spending at least 1 night onsite! So looking forward to it; we stayed at the Beach Club a year ago.

image.jpeg

Eh, not sure I really like this carpet. Seems like that light color is gonna get dirty looking pretty quick. And we know they don't really do a good job cleaning the hallways. Guess I'll have to see it in person, but I'm a little disappointed.

Hello all! Checking into the Yacht Club in a few weeks and I've been reading all the renovation news. Is there any area I should avoid? Not as particular about a specific room just a specific area. I love quiet and my requests are for a high up floor and close to transportation. We are only staying 1 night so we can enjoy both nearby parks before moving offsite so having a killer view is not a priority as we won't have time to savor it. I am excited about staying here though and hope to stay longer next visit. We took the entire family in May and couldn't afford a big vacation this time around and are visiting our time share for the first time in years but I just couldn't stand not spending at least 1 night onsite! So looking forward to it; we stayed at the Beach Club a year ago.

:welcome:

I don't believe the YC renovations will be starting until the end of October, so I don't think you need to worry about that. I am not terribly familiar with the YC rooms, so someone will hopefully help out here. I know some YC GV rooms overlook the back entrance (lakeside) courtyard and some overlook the wedding gazebo. These rooms would be in fairly busy areas, so could be less quiet.

Folks- are there YC GV rooms that overlook the tennis court? Are those at an end wing or near the convention center? Those might be quiet, but would be far from transportation.

Are there other YC GV rooms?

:goodvibes

We are going Nov 14-21. Airfare is already booked, dates are not flexible now. I think this is the same time as the cheerleaders arrive!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I checked Orbitz and while they don't have the beautiful BC/YC they do have Swan for $242/night. That doesn't include the $20/night resort fee but even with that you are talking $262, not bad. You could check the Dolphin/Swan website since often offer AAA, teacher and nurse discounts if you qualify for those.

View attachment 188404

Eh, not sure I really like this carpet. Seems like that light color is gonna get dirty looking pretty quick. And we know they don't really do a good job cleaning the hallways. Guess I'll have to see it in person, but I'm a little disappointed.

It's much better than the plain beige we saw last year (see picture above with ~NM). I'm not sure if this is the final choice or not.

It's much better than the plain beige we saw last year (see picture above with ~NM). I'm not sure if this is the final choice or not.

You're right, much better than plain beige! And I do like that they have the
compass that has been part of YC decor forever. Anxious to see a room mock up already!

Hi! Wondering if anyone would have a guess-timate on the villas renovation timeline?? We're looking to stay in a one bedroom villa in June 2017. Thanks!

:welcome:

I don't believe the YC renovations will be starting until the end of October, so I don't think you need to worry about that. I am not terribly familiar with the YC rooms, so someone will hopefully help out here. I know some YC GV rooms overlook the back entrance (lakeside) courtyard and some overlook the wedding gazebo. These rooms would be in fairly busy areas, so could be less quiet.

Folks- are there YC GV rooms that overlook the tennis court? Are those at an end wing or near the convention center? Those might be quiet, but would be far from transportation.

Are there other YC GV rooms?

I thought I remembered being in a room on the side that looks out toward the Swan/Dolphin and had a garden view which looked out at the swamp pond trees so I looked it up on Touring Plans. https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...[sound]=any&no_draw=false&rooms=true&floor=3#

Checking into YC tomorrow! Less than 24 hours until my first stay!!! Does anyone who is there now know if the refillable mugs in the Marketplace still have handles or are they all handleless now?

Checking into YC tomorrow! Less than 24 hours until my first stay!!! Does anyone who is there now know if the refillable mugs in the Marketplace still have handles or are they all handleless now?

Up to the minute reporting here....no mugs with handles. Sorry they are gone and according to the CM I just spoke to, the handled mugs have all sold or been pulled from shelves.

image.jpeg

Up to the minute reporting here....no mugs with handles. Sorry they are gone and according to the CM I just spoke to, the handled mugs have all sold or been pulled from shelves.

View attachment 188446

Thank you so much for the information! Gives me a few hours to figure out how to carry it around as I like to just hook it to my backpack for the day!

I feel angry at those handle-less mugs. It's similar to the kind of irrational urge to punch a smart car when I see it drive by. I like my handles, especially since I am the one to carry all 3 of ours at a time while DS and DH load their arms with our many food choices.

~Cari~ pluto:

Hello all!
We are all checked in at Beach Club and had a wonderful first night. Dinner at FF was incredible, and we were delighted to see our favorite bartender Diane at Ale & Compass, who did indeed confirm the expansion of that bar. Our room is lovely, but I won't bore you with pics because we know what the decor looks like. I will send pics of the view though. We were upgraded to a GV and it's room 2581 overlooking the volleyball court.......and a tree.....like right in front of it. Oh well. You win some, you lose some. The lovely ML, who checked us in, gave us an option of two rooms. A corner room with no daybed and a small balcony that overlooks the quiet pool, or this one. This one has a huge balcony and a daybed. Knowing my BC geography, I chose this room. How could I know that there would be a tree almost directly in front of the balcony?. It's really not bad at all though considering we paid for at SV. Dee, feel free to use the pics.

Room 2581, GV

Looking right....View attachment 188394

Looking straight ahead.....
View attachment 188395

Looking left.....

View attachment 188397

So glad you got to have your anniversary dinner at FF. My oldest daughter was worried it wouldn't reopen. We're hoping to go back next summer and stay at BC.

I'm really excited to see photos of the 2BR villa. If I can convince my husband to go next August, we'll likely try to rent points for a 2BR villa. He thought AKV looked a bit tired this past January. I think AKV is getting a refurb, but not sure of the timeline.

View attachment 188446

I know I'm entirely alone, but I like the no-handle mugs a lot. I carry a small backpack or string bag in the parks and our boys all carry their own string bags. I bring a ton of plastic ziplock bags whenever we travel, so anyone who wants to bring their mug to the parks picks up a clean plastic ziplock on the way out the door and has an easy way to zip up and carry the empty mug when finished. It's far easier to stash the empty ziplocked mug in a small string bag when it doesn't have handles. So I'm happy about this. For me, the only negative is that I can't run out to fill up multiple kids' mugs at once . . . wait - that's not a negative - looks like everyone will have to get their own drinks!

In the end, it's all about easy transport for that mug to Epcot for my grey goose slushie. Hate that silly plastic martini glass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!