Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

According to the Shop Parks app, they are not currently sold anywhere outside Epcot.
But what about the shop at the International Gateway (before you go in?) Has anyone looked there - that would be a quick walk on arrival day ...

The pool noodle team pics were absolutely amazing.

Spent breakfast at Cape May which we enjoyed. Nutella crepes FTW

Typhoon Lagoon was next, but just a quick trip since the wives are getting a treat at the spa/salon. DD8 scraped her knee in the wave pool, so she didn't have the best time. The shark lagoon was very cool. I wish I had more time there

Boma tonight. Sunken treasure part 3 soon

Unfortunately, there is photographic evidence of our epic fail:

After beating Ninja Mom senseless with a pair of pool noodles I leap to the rescue of an unattended Sunken Treasure!

Ninja Mom fails in an attempt to find an artistic way to mount the pool tube for the Synchronized Pool Tube Team.

Lacking the simple coordination needed to use a pool tube, Ninja Mom suffers yet another embarrassing wipe out.

Despite her valiant efforts to turn the lazy river into a bubbly jacuzzi, Ninja Mom fails once again and succeeds only in blowing a hole in her shorts and her mask completely off.

After alarming the lifeguards with her lack of pool tube prowess, it was agreed that Ninja Mom would stick to a pair of training noodles for the foreseeable future.

After another tough Synchronized Pool Tube Team practice Ninja Mom hits the training room for some much needed hydrotherapy.

Although we sure do take a great team picture!

We also had to take a picture with our Coach (read the backpack), but he seemed too embarrassed to show his face!

WP_20150830_012.jpg

DSCF9112.jpg

And another epic fail in the coverage on NBC's part, they didn't even cover the competition. They had such great opportunities to do the touchy feeling background stories on our courageous noodle team, how the fought hard against scandal and airplane conspiracies to even make it to Rio. The tragedy of birds attacking and all American go to spirit of the girls to keep trying in spite of it. Oh, the humanity, I cry for you girls. I'm rooting for ya'll for the next Olympics though, with four more years of practice there is no telling what you can accomplish.

But what about the shop at the International Gateway (before you go in?) Has anyone looked there - that would be a quick walk on arrival day ...

The shop [World Traveler] is only accessible with park admission. Easily doable if you have a hopper or AP, but just wanted to note there's no access to the shop before you go in.

I know I've been slacking in the comments, had to catch up on 600+ messages, and still have 298 to go. Darn you real life, stop trying to distract me. :wave2:

Anyway, we are a few months past our June BC trip and still bummed that we missed a lot with that overwhelming heat!

I did want to say, however, that DH (who has been really just going to WDW because it makes ME happy) has become a true Beach Club-aholic. We are tentatively planning our Oct 2017 trip and he is super enthusiastic about it. This is the same man who is constantly worried about money. I keep offering suggestions of other resorts to either save money or to try something new and he's like, "Why? I love the beach club. Let's stay there again." I think it was the gym that truly won him over. :rotfl2:

~Cari~ pluto:

So disappointed and upset with Disney.

AP discounts came out today for late Nov and Dec. I called at 730am to see if I could get the discount added to my reservation at the BC CL water view. I was told that there was nothing available at the BC or YC in any category even the BC villas and BW or BW villas for that time frame. The only thing they had was for Caribbean Beach Resort for moderate resorts. I called today 5 times hoping, but nothing. I said to the cast member "Really the discounts just came out a half hour ago and there is nothing available" she said nope, nothing available and to keep calling back.

I was counting on the $1500 + discount!!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

AP discounts came out today for late Nov and Dec. I called at 730am to see if I could get the discount added to my reservation at the BC CL water view. I was told that there was nothing available at the BC or YC in any category even the BC villas and BW or BW villas for that time frame. The only thing they had was for Caribbean Beach Resort for moderate resorts. I called today 5 times hoping, but nothing. I said to the cast member "Really the discounts just came out a half hour ago and there is nothing available" she said nope, nothing available and to keep calling back.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

What dates are you looking for? I just found 12/11-18 available at YC in both a standard and club level with the AP discount. Are your dates flexible? Also, check Orbitz. There is a general discount out at the same time and if they have any kind of % off deal going you might find something at as good or better than the AP discount.

2 weeks ago we were at Beach Club Villas in a new renovated 2 bedroom villa .So much to report and pics to come. Playing catch up at work etc so look for posts soon . Have some pics but keep getting an error too large to post . Anyone?

AP discounts came out today for late Nov and Dec. I called at 730am to see if I could get the discount added to my reservation at the BC CL water view. I was told that there was nothing available at the BC or YC in any category even the BC villas and BW or BW villas for that time frame. ..... I said to the cast member "Really the discounts just came out a half hour ago and there is nothing available" she said nope, nothing available and to keep calling back.

You do understand that Disney only offers these types of discounts to fill empty rooms. So if your resort of choice is already at occupancy then don't expect a discount. No need to be disappointed in Disney, you are part of the problem: you already a CL reservation at a higher rate.

Note: You should keep checking as some rooms may become available if others cancel or are returned to the Disney inventory from TAs later in the fall.

Dave

We checked into the BC this morning and WOW! Awesome day! We arrived via magical express at 9:30 am and our room was ready! Best location for us too! Took it easy with a late breakfast at the marketplace and a pool day. Walked out to the pool at 1 pm and found loungers in the shade, and tubes to float in the pool. Our room is a nice cool temperature too!! Changed our schedule yet again thanks to dining and ended up at Park Fare for dinner. Very yummy. Everyone here super friendly and the CM's have all been very helpful and nice. I requested a pack and play in the morning and had to go back to the front desk in the evening since we had not received one. Within minutes someone came with an actual crib! So excited, I didn't think a crib here actually existed! Oh and ended up with the handle less mugs, however we were able to find four different colors...even though they mostly had red and blue. Love the mutiple outlets and ports for charging now in the room. Now our vacation can begin!!!

2 weeks ago we were at Beach Club Villas in a new renovated 2 bedroom villa .So much to report and pics to come. Playing catch up at work etc so look for posts soon . Have some pics but keep getting an error too large to post . Anyone?

Thank you!!! People have been asking about the 2BR villas!

Here are the instructions I have in Post 14 about uploading pictures. Looks like I still haven't added the instructions for changing the size of a large batch of photos and it has been so long since I have done that, I will have to look up how to do it again!

Version

With the new DIS server (Feb 2015) pictures can be directly uploaded to the DIS using the "Upload a File" feature. Two things to note- files that are too large will not upload and must be resized and when you quote a post that has a direct upload, you will not get the photo in your response box, you will just get a message that says "Attach XXXX"

To resize a photo, make a copy so you don't alter the original photo file. Open the copy in a photo editor like "Paint". Under the Home tab, the Resize option is two superimposed rectangles. Change Horizontal and Vertical boxes to either 25% or 50% (both have worked for me). Click on OK, then click on the Save icon.

To resize a group of photos, use "Send to Mail recipient Method"- will post these instructions soon

Traditional Method using Photosharing Service and photo link:

Post a Photo on the DIS?

sub-lesson: Upload all of your pictures into Photobucket in Large, not Full-size, format

:goodvibes

I will be at the YC in a garden/woods view room. I love quiet. Any suggestions? I was looking at the views on TP but not sure what to ask for.

Busy day today and tonight, so I may not get a chance to check in again until tomorrow morning... but I wanted to share some news about the YC renovation

Good News-Bad News

The Good News:

There is a mockup area in one of the YC hallways and this is what it looked like yesterday- LOVE the carpet!

YC Carpet 1 HockeymomR.JPG

YC Carpet 4 HockeymomR.JPG

YC Carpet 2 HockeymomR.JPG

Yacht Club August 2016

The Bad News:

Now in previous sneak peaks prior to the BC renovation in 2014 and last year at the YC, this bit of décor was considered and hotly debated, but it looks like it won't be included in the upcoming remodel

DSCF1392.JPG
Beach Club August 2014

decor.JPG
Yacht Club August 2015

:sad2:

And in more exciting developments-

We have unconfirmed speculation that the YC renovations will include an expansion of the Ale & Compass lounge to include (or become) a quick service location with a REFILL MUG STATION for the convenience of Yacht Club guests.

I don't have any details about when this might be happening, but definitely a step in the right direction!!!

:woohoo:

Drove in yesterday from the beach. Everyone at BC was very nice and accomodating. Family was happy with the feel and look of the resort. Yeah!

Our room was not yet ready so we went to Blizard Beach for the first time. Nice. Had two turkey legs to share for lunch!!

After returning the car to the rental agency, we visited the improved Disney Spring. I really enjoyed a Cotton Candytini at Dinosaur (with a salad) and the evening outdoor celebration concert.

We cought the last Epcot fireworks disembarking from the bus. Then made it to our room. Everyone liked the room, found it modern, light and slick (we are comparing to Poly and GF). At first my husband was a bit disapointed with the view from our full balcony (obstructed but towards Stormalong) but the HS fireworks convinced him otherwise.

Bed time was funny. First DD8 was in the daybed. Then decided she prefered sharing a big bed with DD11... Who was disapointed to not have it for herself. The husband found our bed too soft, so slept in the daybed. How did I end up alone in my own queen bed?

And in more exciting developments-

We have unconfirmed speculation that the YC renovations will include an expansion of the Ale & Compass lounge to include (or become) a quick service location with a REFILL MUG STATION for the convenience of Yacht Club guests.

I don't have any details about when this might be happening, but definitely a step in the right direction!!!

:woohoo:
That would be amazingly convenient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter