Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Leaving for the airport in under 9 hours and not yet packed!! May not be an issue for some of you but I'm normally ready a week in advance! It's our first family holiday (without my mum) since my husband died nearly 2 years ago and I'm somewhere between mega excited and terrified!! We check into HRH tomorrow and move over to BC on Sunday for 12 nights. I am planning on posting thoughts and photos as we go along as I don't sleep much and my boys do! Just wanted to say how amazing this thread is and I feel that I know my way around the BC already.

Wishing you a most magical trip!!!

You are staying at my two favorite places. We have done a Hard Rock/Beach Club split and it is incredible.

We look forward to hearing your comments and if you have any questions as you go along, let us know.

pixiedust::tink:

I figured it was time to update everyone on how the Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team did in Rio during it's first ever Olympic competition.

First off I would be remiss if I failed to mention that we barely qualified. Thankfully there was a doping scandal experienced by the team from Universal Orlando so we made the cut! After beating the tar off of their cheating heinies we gleefully made our way to Rio with dreams of Olympic Gold!!

We arrived in Rio and discovered that accommodations were a little dicey. At first they tried to put us in the ladies room of a gas station. Thanks to Google translate (Portuguese to Spanish to English and vice versa) we were able to secure an upgrade to a Motel Seis in Bolivia. Sure it was a long bus ride but we still had to sew our outfits (airlines 'lost' our luggage), so we needed the time. Leaving 3 days in advance for a synchronized pool tube heat isn't ideal in any circumstance but we felt lucky to be there so we soldiered on. We had a really great time on the bus as we had plenty of opportunities to send trash talking texts to that drugged out tube team drowning their sorrows in Universal Hard Rock's feature pool.

When we arrived at the Olympic Synchronized Pool Tube Team venue we thought it looked problematic. We witnessed the staff pouring mountains of bottled water into the murky emerald green waters while assuring participants that the water was dyed green on purpose to make our middle aged buttocks look better. Not wanting to offend our hosts we shrugged our shoulders and went to the locker room, which consisted of a solitary porta-potty. I guess this is what we get for choosing to love a sport that is just developing a following.

Now it was time to fix our hair. We were more than a little worried when the airlines lost our luggage but improvisation is our middle name so we stopped in a bodega and picked up boxes of gelatin to cement our flowing locks. In retrospect this is where things really took a turn for the worst. It seems that the bodega only had lime gelatin (what's with all the green stuff Brazil???) so we were forced to use that and hope for the best.

Alas, it was not to be because as soon as we entered the pool during our competition heat a pack of parrots descended on our 'do's and started to peck the lime gelatin out in a feeding frenzy. In hindsight, adding the cherries and marshmallows to the gelatin was a bad move. To say that we lost it is an understatement. There was no where to hide from the feathered flock, not even the porta-potty which was perpetually occupied by someone with a bad case of food poisoning. We tried to beat off the birds with our tubes but that proved ineffective as their lime colored beaks easily penetrated the plastic. Defeated and disqualified, we filed back on the bus for the 3 day trip back to the Motel Seis in Bolivia.

So now we are back in the States after our disastrous trip. We were hoping that our adoring fans would meet us on the faux-no-rail at the Orlando airport with a bucket of Sunken Treasures. Then we thought about how EVERYTHING was green in Brazil and we opted out of the them and traded up to some Dole Whips.

On the bright side we have 4 more years to train for the next Olympics! Why heck! It will take that Synchronized Pool Tube Team at Universal just that long just to clear out their systems of all the performance enhancing contraband that they have been swilling.
Things are looking hopeful for the next time!

~NM

Last edited:

page 624-626

Just booked our Spring break trip! We have never stayed at BC before and we are excited! They will be there March 5-10, 2017! It will be DH, myself, DD (9) and DS (7), as well as my parents. Booked a garden view!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

I'm about 9 1/2 months from my return to Yacht Club...last stayed there in 1995...

What should I expect in terms of noise level due to construction? Will it be completed by June 5?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List

:woohoo:

Since the work has not started yet, and I think the work is projected to be completed next August (unless I'm dreaming that...check first post) I think there will still be work going on at the time of your trip, but hopefully a significant amount of the resort will be done. Disney does their best to limit the inconvenience and disruption to guests, but if you are concerned, you may want to add a request to reservation of "room away from resort construction, please"

::yes::

I know rooms aren't officially ready to check-in until 3 pm (but can be earlier). However, can I "check-in" at 10 am and immediately start using the resorts facilities, like Stormalong Bay? My assumption would be yes, but thought I would at least ask the all knowing here.

When and where (at which resort) is your reservation?

As already answered once you are checked in, even if your room isn't ready, you are a guest of the resort and may use all resort amenities including SAB.

:fish:

Room Service Menu:

It is around 8 pages long

I will see what I can do

Wow!!! Thank you for going above and beyond!!!

:worship:

Well, we are excited to be at BC in October, but this past July 4th, I shared the Disney Parks Blog of the Magic Kingdom fireworks with Pop. He said he would love to go next year. Since the 4th fireworks are on both the 3rd and 4th, we decided to stay one night (7-3-17) at the Contemporary, and the 4th at BC for Illuminations. That way we don't have to worry about busses with 2 ECV's. Now I just have to keep Pop healthy! With both stays only one night, they are already paid for.

:welcome: back!!!

So happy to be adding you to your Star Spangled Celebration Stay with Pop!

:dogdance:

I figured it was time to update everyone on how the Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team did in Rio during it's first ever Olympic competition.

First off I would be remiss if I failed to mention that we barely qualified. Thankfully there was a doping scandal experienced by the team from Universal Orlando so we made the cut! After beating the tar off of their cheating heinies we gleefully made our way to Rio with dreams of Olympic Gold!!

We arrived in Rio and discovered that accommodations were a little dicey. At first they tried to put us in the ladies room of a gas station. Thanks to Google translate (Portuguese to Spanish to English and vice versa) we were able to secure an upgrade to a Motel Seis in Bolivia. Sure it was a long bus ride but we still had to sew our outfits (airlines 'lost' our luggage), so we needed the time. Leaving 3 days in advance for a synchronized pool tube heat isn't ideal in any circumstance but we felt lucky to be there so we soldiered on. We had a really great time on the bus as we had plenty of opportunities to send trash talking texts to that drugged out tube team drowning their sorrows in Universal Hard Rock's feature pool.

When we arrived at the Olympic Synchronized Pool Tube Team venue we thought it looked problematic. We witnessed the staff pouring mountains of bottled water into the murky emerald green waters while assuring participants that the water was dyed green on purpose to make our middle aged buttocks look better. Not wanting to offend our hosts we shrugged our shoulders and went to the locker room, which consisted of a solitary porta-potty. I guess this is what we get for choosing to love a sport that is just developing a following.

Now it was time to fix our hair. We were more than a little worried when the airlines lost our luggage but improvisation is our middle name so we stopped in a bodega and picked up boxes of gelatin to cement our flowing locks. In retrospect this is where things really took a turn for the worst. It seems that the bodega only had lime gelatin (what's with all the green stuff Brazil???) so we were forced to use that and hope for the best.

Alas, it was not to be because as soon as we entered the pool during our competition heat a pack of parrots descended on our 'do's and started to peck the lime gelatin out in a feeding frenzy. In hindsight, adding the cherries and marshmallows to the gelatin was a bad move. To say that we lost it is an understatement. There was no where to hide from the feathered flock, not even the porta-potty which was perpetually occupied by someone with a bad case of food poisoning. We tried to beat off the birds with our tubes but that proved ineffective as their lime colored beaks easily penetrated the plastic. Defeated and disqualified, we filed back on the bus for the 3 day trip back to the Motel Seis in Bolivia.

So now we are back in the States after our disastrous trip. We were hoping that our adoring fans would meet us on the faux-no-rail at the Orlando airport with a bucket of Sunken Treasures. Then we thought about how EVERYTHING was green in Brazil and we opted out of the them and traded up to some Dole Whips.

On the bright side we have 4 more years to train for the next Olympics! Why heck! It will take that Synchronized Pool Tube Team at Universal just that long just to clear out their systems of all the performance enhancing contraband that they have been swilling.

~NM

Unfortunately, there is photographic evidence of our epic fail:

After beating Ninja Mom senseless with a pair of pool noodles I leap to the rescue of an unattended Sunken Treasure!

Ninja Mom fails in an attempt to find an artistic way to mount the pool tube for the Synchronized Pool Tube Team.

Lacking the simple coordination needed to use a pool tube, Ninja Mom suffers yet another embarrassing wipe out.

Despite her valiant efforts to turn the lazy river into a bubbly jacuzzi, Ninja Mom fails once again and succeeds only in blowing a hole in her shorts and her mask completely off.

After alarming the lifeguards with her lack of pool tube prowess, it was agreed that Ninja Mom would stick to a pair of training noodles for the foreseeable future.

After another tough Synchronized Pool Tube Team practice Ninja Mom hits the training room for some much needed hydrotherapy.

Although we sure do take a great team picture!

We also had to take a picture with our Coach (read the backpack), but he seemed too embarrassed to show his face!

WP_20150830_012.jpg

DSCF9112.jpg

Last edited:

Does anyone know if Hurricane Hanna's extended breakfast past August 13th? We'll be there in a few days and it would be awesome to have another breakfast option...

Does anyone know if Hurricane Hanna's extended breakfast past August 13th? We'll be there in a few days and it would be awesome to have another breakfast option...

Unfortunately, last we heard it didn't even make it that far! Someone reported at the beginning of August that it was already discontinued.

:mad:

@HockeyMomR if you are out and about in the morning, can you check it out or ask the CL CMs.

:thumbsup2

Since the work has not started yet, and I think the work is projected to be completed next August (unless I'm dreaming that...check first post) I think there will still be work going on at the time of your trip, but hopefully a significant amount of the resort will be done. Disney does their best to limit the inconvenience and disruption to guests, but if you are concerned, you may want to add a request to reservation of "room away from resort construction, please"

::yes::

This is what's coming up on the Disney UK website when you put in dates for next summer. Looks like the renovations will be finished a little earlier than originally thought :)

We need to tell you something! From 29th October 2016 - 25th June 2017 the Resort will be undergoing refurbishment. While we are working our magic it is possible you will experience the work taking place... Read More. However, to minimise any possible disruptions to your stay, work with the most potential for noise will be limited to the hours of 9. 00am to 5. 00pm. We anticipate that all Resort amenities, including shopping, dining and recreation experiences, will remain open during your stay.

~NM

We survived. We are the lucky ones!

A good dole whip, given the heat, was perfect. Happy to be home and practice for the games in 4 years starts for me tomorrow - Right after a few gluten free cookies in the BC lounge!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there is photographic evidence of our epic fail:

After beating Ninja Mom senseless with a pair of pool noodles I leap to the rescue of an unattended Sunken Treasure!

Ninja Mom fails in an attempt to find an artistic way to mount the pool tube for the Synchronized Pool Tube Team.

Lacking the simple coordination needed to use a pool tube, Ninja Mom suffers yet another embarrassing wipe out.

Despite her valiant efforts to turn the lazy river into a bubbly jacuzzi, Ninja Mom fails once again and succeeds only in blowing a hole in her shorts and her mask completely off.

After alarming the lifeguards with her lack of pool tube prowess, it was agreed that Ninja Mom would stick to a pair of training noodles for the foreseeable future.

After another tough Synchronized Pool Tube Team practice Ninja Mom hits the training room for some much needed hydrotherapy.

Although we sure do take a great team picture!

We also had to take a picture with our Coach (read the backpack), but he seemed too embarrassed to show his face!

WP_20150830_012.jpg

DSCF9112.jpg

LOL!!! I seriously needed this!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter