Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi all. We're here in Orlando. First leg of our holiday staying on international Drive. Yesterday we shopped and today was Seaworld. Tomorrow is KennedySpace Centre. I need to find time to read the last few pages

Welcome home!!
I am dying to know if you found your beloved Chilli Cheese Fritos in the stores here. I just recently saw them back in stores in the 9 ounce size and I thought of you.

Have a great trip. Princess P must be sprouting up like a sun flower!!!

~NM

OK Kids...time to watch a little Golden Girls until I drift off. 3:15 A.M. is going to come awfully quickly. We'll be at Poly until Wed, so we'll let y'all know how we're doing when we get to BC!
Safe travels everyone!
Arriving Wednesday at the BC as well. First time that resort! Enjoy the Poly, so far it is our favorite resort... Looking forward to discover BC after reading this wonderful thread for the last 10 months!
:yay:
And I am never able to sleep the night before a vacation! Good night now!

my family stayed here for the first time in june and loved it! we got breakfast at the marketplace in the mornings and then made our way to whatever park. we loved being so close to epcot! we basically just ate in a different country every night. we'd just open the experience app and see if there were any open reservations and grab one. france night one. japan the next day for lunch. back to japan for more sushi another night. some moroccan falafel & shawarma. italian at via napoli. it was amazing. the pool was great! we ate at beaches and cream twice. i'd like to stay there every time and try hurricane hannahs and use the pool. really loved staying there!

May I get an add to the BOG list? I just made my first Beach Club Reservation today for Sept 14-25,2017. As a New Englander I am excited to stay at this resort. I am taking my mother on a surprise trip. She is turning 70 in April, EPCOT is her favorite park, and she will love Food & Wine. By the way, I am more excited about next years trip than I am for the one I am going to take in a month and a half staying at CBR!

May I get an add to the BOG list? I just made my first Beach Club Reservation today for Sept 14-25,2017. As a New Englander I am excited to stay at this resort. I am taking my mother on a surprise trip. She is turning 70 in April, EPCOT is her favorite park, and she will love Food & Wine. By the way, I am more excited about next years trip than I am for the one I am going to take in a month and a half staying at CBR!

There's no doubt that the Beach Club is an awesome resort, we've stayed 5 times. But I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised by CBR. It's our favorite Moderate and one of our favorites in all of WDW.

At BC now (checked in yesterday)
We started at OKW which is a beautiful resort but really spread out. We had a one bedroom villa which was ginormous. Olivia's is a good dining option there and the boat to DS is great

Here at BC we got a standard room on the 3rd floor that overlooks part of SAB and part of the Boardwalk and Swolphin. Pretty nice. My brothers family got the room next door. Similar view

One problem, we got a day bed and they did not. BC was going to charge $15 per night for a cot (I thought they were free), and they did not bring one over so my brother is cranky. He went this morning to request it again or a move to a day bed room. We shall see.

We like the room renovation a bit but it seems more generic and less beachy

We got handle less tumblers at OKW and they have those here (more colors here)

Bus stop is normal. We like the signs for bus arrivals now

SAB Frozen Treats no longer lists pineapple item (Dole Whip) and they were closed yesterday.

Sunken Treasures were ordered and enjoyed yesterday afternoon

We were at MK most of yesterday and did not get back until midnight. Epcot and Flying Fish today

We started at OKW which is a beautiful resort but really spread out. We had a one bedroom villa which was ginormous. Olivia's is a good dining option there and the boat to DS is great

Here at BC we got a standard room on the 3rd floor that overlooks part of SAB and part of the Boardwalk and Swolphin. Pretty nice. My brothers family got the room next door. Similar view

One problem, we got a day bed and they did not. BC was going to charge $15 per night for a cot (I thought they were free), and they did not bring one over so my brother is cranky. He went this morning to request it again or a move to a day bed room. We shall see.

SAB Frozen Treats no longer lists pineapple item (Dole Whip) and they were closed yesterday.

We were at MK most of yesterday and did not get back until midnight. Epcot and Flying Fish today

Does your brother's party consist of 5 people? I thought they had to provide sleeping for 5 if that is what is on the reservation.

Our experience has deen when our party is 5 and we don't get a room with a daybed, a roll away is brought at no extra charge. If we're under 5 in our party and requested a daybed but didn't get one, they will bring a roll away and there's a $15 per night charge.

page 622-624

I just booked a garden and woods view one night stay at the Yacht Club from 12/8 to 12/9 as the perfect end to my Christmas stay :woohoo: It will be my first time staying there and I am so very excited :yay: Any advice about what to request for a room choice will be appreciated :thanks: So far I am leaning towards a quiet pool view (I think that is what it is called) :cool1:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15).

I'm not sure how to best phrase your request since you have a garden view and a quiet pool view is in the water view category. I'm just not as familiar with the layout of YC. I do know if you request a garden "gazebo view" there is a possibility you will have a sideways view of the lagoon.

:cool1:

Please add us to the BOG list, we'll be coming October 20-26.

This will be our third stay at Beach Club in three years. We're addicted.

Will do!

I know what you mean...

::yes::

Thanks for the response.

It's a regular room with garden view and we arrive Saturday 30th September 2017 for 14 nights. I must have overlooked post 8

Got it!

There's a lot of info there on Page 1. I know where it all is, but if you don't know where to look, a helpful hint is certainly in order.

:thumbsup2

Will be staying in a studio at BCV in October. Any updates on the progress of the refurb?? thanks

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

No, we haven't had an update in a couple of months! As far as I know, the work is scheduled to be finished this month. Would love to hear confirmation of the current progress from someone there, though!

:magnify:

my family stayed here for the first time in june and loved it! we got breakfast at the marketplace in the mornings and then made our way to whatever park. we loved being so close to epcot! we basically just ate in a different country every night. we'd just open the experience app and see if there were any open reservations and grab one. france night one. japan the next day for lunch. back to japan for more sushi another night. some moroccan falafel & shawarma. italian at via napoli. it was amazing. the pool was great! we ate at beaches and cream twice. i'd like to stay there every time and try hurricane hannahs and use the pool. really loved staying there!

Awesome review!!! So glad you had a fantastic stay. May I add a link to this post in the resort review section we have on Page 1 of this thread? We look forward to seeing you back here on another trip!

:goodvibes:

Here now - Club Level is amazing. Got a magical upgrade on check in and have Boardwalk views. more details when I get home.

Congrats! Can't wait to hear all about it.

:cool2:

Absolutely!

From which NE state do you hail?

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Thank you so much for your live report!

I'll have to check out my post up front about rollaway cots. I believe the rollaways used to be provided free of charge upon request, but dansdad explains the current policy perfectly.

::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter