Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

OK Kids...time to watch a little Golden Girls until I drift off. 3:15 A.M. is going to come awfully quickly. We'll be at Poly until Wed, so we'll let y'all know how we're doing when we get to BC!
Safe travels everyone!

Safe travels Scott!!!

I just booked a garden and woods view one night stay at the Yacht Club from 12/8 to 12/9 as the perfect end to my Christmas stay :woohoo: It will be my first time staying there and I am so very excited :yay: Any advice about what to request for a room choice will be appreciated :thanks: So far I am leaning towards a quiet pool view (I think that is what it is called) :cool1:

Last edited:
Ugh. Anyone else too wired to sleep the night before a WDW vacation? I'm laying here telling myself that it's not the end of the world and to push through the pain because tomorrow night, you should be in bed by 10-10:30 and have nothing to do the next morning until 11.

Ugh. Anyone else too wired to sleep the night before a WDW vacation? I'm laying here telling myself that it's not the end of the world and to push through the pain because tomorrow night, you should be in bed by 10-10:30 and have nothing to do the next morning until 11.
HAVE FUN!:banana: From your signature, looks like you are doing a split, Poly, BC. We did the same last October and LOVED both resorts!:cheer2:

I'm doing the same thing! All packed and we leave Tuesday night for the airport! So exciting!!! Have safe travels and have fun!!

I just booked a garden and woods view one night stay at the Yacht Club from 12/8 to 12/9 as the perfect end to my Christmas stay :woohoo: It will be my first time staying there and I am so very excited :yay: Any advice about what to request for a room choice will be appreciated :thanks: So far I am leaning towards a quiet pool view (I think that is what it is called) :cool1:

We booked a garden view at YC last year and had a view of the quiet pool! Perfect view, not sure though if that was somehow a surprise upgrade to a water view since we were technically looking at water or if the quiet pool is included as a garden view. Haven't seen a super stealth map view of YC with the room views noted.

We booked a garden view at YC last year and had a view of the quiet pool! Perfect view, not sure though if that was somehow a surprise upgrade to a water view since we were technically looking at water or if the quiet pool is included as a garden view. Haven't seen a super stealth map view of YC with the room views noted.

Thanks, pd1138 :wave: Do you remember what room requests you might have made :confused3 That sounds exactly what I would love :love:

Thanks, pd1138 :wave: Do you remember what room requests you might have made :confused3 That sounds exactly what I would love :love:

I actually didn't make any room requests. I know that sounds crazy!! We just booked a garden view room. I've never done the online check in and until I started reading the DIS I didn't know you could call in requests!!! I've learned so much on this board!! It was a lovely room. Very peaceful.

20 more days til we are at the Beach Club!!!

We are foregoing the dining plan this trip and want to eat breakfast and some lunches back at the room to save money. So far I've got fruit, cheese, peanut butter and jelly, any other ideas on things that we would be able to put together in our room. Nothing to heat up since there aren't microwaves in the rooms right? We are in a standard room. Thanks so much!

We have done mini bagels with cream cheese for breakfast in the room. If you don't need to toast a bagel to eat, it's a good option! Yogurt is also an option. In the whole scheme of things, DH and I really prefer just granola bars and bananas for breakfast. We usually have a banana before we head to the parks and the granola bars are small enough to pack in a bag for a mid-morning snack if we get hungry!

Have fun on your trip! :goodvibes

20 more days til we are at the Beach Club!!!

We are foregoing the dining plan this trip and want to eat breakfast and some lunches back at the room to save money. So far I've got fruit, cheese, peanut butter and jelly, any other ideas on things that we would be able to put together in our room. Nothing to heat up since there aren't microwaves in the rooms right? We are in a standard room. Thanks so much!

You can buy croissants and pain au chocolate the day before to eat in the room for breakfast. Also they sell tubs of fruit cocktail/ diced melon in the marketplace which are lovely and refreshing for breakfast :)

page

:welcome: to posting on this thread and thank you so much for the clarification.

::yes::

:welcome:

Is your 2017 booking (which month?) club level or regular room?

:cool1:

I think at club level, most if not all of the GV rooms overlook the back entrance (lakeside) courtyard. A really lovely view, one of my husband's favorites for people watching and I believe all BC CL GV rooms have full balconies.

If it is just a regular room, the garden views are as described above (could be full or smaller balcony though), the volleyball courtyard or a woods view near EPCOT.

We have a top secret map of the BC obtained in a covert operation showing the view categories and a few other attributes of the rooms. Check out Post 8, Beach Club Resort on Page 1 of this thread for the link. That will give you an idea of some of the possible rooms in your category.

:magnify:

As another poster indicated, cereal (you can purchase milk at the Marketplace and keep it in the fridge) and granola bars are great choices. Pop*Tarts if you can eat those without toasting them.

:scratchin

:welcome:

Will do!

:woohoo:

Yeah, poor choice of terminology. I meant extra magic hours. I usually specify "early extra magic hours" to distinguish from the PM ones, but I left out a word. I edited my post.

:goodvibes

Thank you!

:thumbsup2

Thanks for the response.

It's a regular room with garden view and we arrive Saturday 30th September 2017 for 14 nights. I must have overlooked post 8

We are arriving on 8/24 for a 10 night stay at the BC. We mostly stay at moderates but got a great deal. We have stayed at AKL and GF some years ago. When I read Scott's post of him doing a split stay, I started thinking, maybe we should do that. I sent our magical travel agent an email to see if we can stay at the BC for 6 nights and stay at the Poly for 4 nights. My husband has always wanted to stay at the Poly and I never thought about it until now and think I should consider a split stay. Waiting to hear from the travel agent to see if it's even possible. I started thinking maybe 10 nights is too long at one resort? Don't know what we will do, will base it on availability/price. Just think it might be fun to try something else.

We are arriving on 8/24 for a 10 night stay at the BC. We mostly stay at moderates but got a great deal. We have stayed at AKL and GF some years ago. When I read Scott's post of him doing a split stay, I started thinking, maybe we should do that. I sent our magical travel agent an email to see if we can stay at the BC for 6 nights and stay at the Poly for 4 nights. My husband has always wanted to stay at the Poly and I never thought about it until now and think I should consider a split stay. Waiting to hear from the travel agent to see if it's even possible. I started thinking maybe 10 nights is too long at one resort? Don't know what we will do, will base it on availability/price. Just think it might be fun to try something else.

We did a split stay YC/Poly with the magical deal... it was perfect!
The only thing that may figure in with your trip being so close would be availability. When I chatted with my agent a few weeks ago about a fall/winter trip, he said that the August deal had been even busier this year then in the past few. Crossing my fingers for you! :)

Thanks for letting us know about this. I'll add the info to the dining post.

Here is my review of blue zoo from my Orange Banded Monkeys trip report:

Orange Banded Monkeys Go To the Zoo. blue zoo

Just wanted to note that everyone should read this review!! I think it's one of my favorite installments of Dee's trip reports ever. I love blue zoo, I love the food, I love the wine and I SO love Dee's story about Ben in 2nd grade. I also love how much fun the orange banded monkeys are having!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter