Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have updated the Be Our Guest list through page 588. I'll catch up on the last couple of pages tomorrow morning. Please take a moment to review the list to see if your trip information is correct.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:cool1:
Minor change for us, coming in on the 10/19 instead of 10/20 and leaving on 10/27 instead of 10/28. Still 8 nights and still F&W with some good and new concerts for us this year! Marathon weekend dates still look good! Thanks.

Yes, please bring the clocks back...
I really like being able to see the time without checking my phone so took one with us for our stay at POFQ this past May!!

Carla

That would be great if they are bringing back bedside clocks at all the resorts! :thumbsup2

What happened to the clocks?? Were they removed during the BC rehab? I like to be able to look up and see what time it is as I don't sleep with my phone.

What happened to the clocks?? Were they removed during the BC rehab? I like to be able to look up and see what time it is as I don't sleep with my phone.

Several months ago Disney announced they were removing clocks. Not industry standard anymore. :confused3 Funny thing is - I travel a fair amount for work and then of course periodically non-Disney vacations. I have yet to come across another location that didn't have a clock of some sort by the bed.

They actually went into resorts and removed them, even if they didn't have a refurb going on. :sad2:

We usually go in less busy seasons and we usually check in on a Wednesday morning. We also book garden view, which is the category with the most rooms.

We also have Garden view. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Having to have a king bed room makes me VERY NERVOUS!!!! There simply aren't that many. It is primarily a family destination. Folks are looking for more sleeping surfaces. Not less.
Have you considered what you will do if you don't get a Kingbed? You definitely need a Plan B.
Good Luck.

Yes, I understand King beds are limited. We will just see what happens. Not going to stress about something that hasn't happened yet. I think we would be willing to move to a King room if we have to spend a couple days in a Queen. We just don't sleep well in a Queen together.

Checked in yesterday! Did online check in for 9am. The room was ready just after 2pm. I was slightly disappointed to see the old product of H2O back in the room. Last summer club level we had the product that you get at GF (sea salt green ) We also miss the aloe bottle and tooth brushes!! Although our standard room looks at a roof we also have a great view of the pool! We consider it an upgrade for sure!​

page 588-591

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was talking with friends about YC/BC, and discussing what we like about each resort. She said, well, BC gets a point for that amazing smell in the lobby.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but YC pumps it in too! I don't know if it's as strong, but the source seems to be over by the bell stand and it's definitely "BC Smell." Any recent visitors that can verify this? It'd really be a shame if YC stopped pumping in the scent.

Yes, I believe it is the same scent, the Aloe and Green Clover piped into the YC. Don't know if it has been discontinued or not.

Here's the thing- which is weird because I have an acute sense of smell- I don't always notice the smell in either lobby while I am there. Perhaps the scent generator only operates during certain hours (makes sense) and I am usually in the lobbies in the early hours, like before 7 am. During the day when I am there, it is usually with friends, so I am occupied with them and not noticing the aroma.

:sad2:

Minor change for us, coming in on the 10/19 instead of 10/20 and leaving on 10/27 instead of 10/28. Still 8 nights and still F&W with some good and new concerts for us this year! Marathon weekend dates still look good! Thanks.

Got it!

The lead singer of Styx will be there for my trip (and the very beginning of yours). Mark and I went to a couple of Styx concerts a gazillion years ago when we were in high school. We were on the planning committee for our Junior prom and the theme was "The Best of Times"

Prom Junior - Copy.jpg

"caftan March 31-April 15 BCV (then US)" - our date is March 31-April 5

But I wish it was thru the 15th!!!

Sorry about that! Wish I could make it so just by posting that way. Also noticed I mistyped your screen name.

D'OH!

Heads up!
If you check one of the most recent posts on the Polynesian thread, you'll see they're installing alarm clocks with USB ports at the resort. Perhaps a mystery solved?

Hopefully! I would really like to have a clock in my room. I will probably ask housekeeping for one if they don't install them for my trip.

:goodvibes

Checked in yesterday! Did online check in for 9am. The room was ready just after 2pm. I was slightly disappointed to see the old product of H2O back in the room. Last summer club level we had the product that you get at GF (sea salt green ) We also miss the aloe bottle and tooth brushes!! Although our standard room looks at a roof we also have a great view of the pool! We consider it an upgrade for sure!​

Have a fantastic trip!!!

:yay:

Call and ask for the type you want. They probably have it ready for when they use up the old stock and can bring you some immediately if you request it.

^^^ I agree with this. Can't hurt to ask for what you want. If they have it I'm sure they will get it for you.

::yes::

Believe it!!! Disney does not hold restaurant tables for resort guests. Period.
If it is booked solid, it is booked solid. Keep trying as cancellation occur all the time.
All that said, there are reportedly some Concierge staff with a special code that can override. In nearly 20 years I have never found them. And the "slipping the Concierge a $20" Does NOT work.

This is why Disney concierges are not concierges in the real sense of the word. Concierges in other hotels get theater tickets, difficult restaurant reservations, and other small things out of reach to other hotel guests.

This is why Disney concierges are not concierges in the real sense of the word. Concierges in other hotels get theater tickets, difficult restaurant reservations, and other small things out of reach to other hotel guests.

:welcome: to the thread!

That is true.

::yes::

Dee, I love that prom picture! My DH wore a tux just like that for our wedding! :laughing:

Thanks! I had to go back and see what color he wore for our senior prom (light brown). Grey for our wedding.

Hopefully! I would really like to have a clock in my room. I will probably ask housekeeping for one if they don't install them for my trip.

We asked 3 or 4 times for a clock for the room. Each time we were told one would be delivered. It never happened and we gave up asking :headache:

We asked 3 or 4 times for a clock for the room. Each time we were told one would be delivered. It never happened and we gave up asking :headache:

This made me remember something from our last family trip, July 2013. The clock in our room was not working and we mentioned it several times but it was not fixed during our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter