Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi, can you please change our dates to 18th May 2017.
We've had to unfortunately change our dates as DH has an accident and broke both his feet!!!!
We don't check in to the BC till the 21st as the first 3 nights are not available at the moment, so we'll be probably be at pop to chill before the parks. We've never been to Disney and not been able to go to the parks, this will be strange! Will make the most of the pool, Disney springs and riding the monorail.
Thanks
Nic X

DW is looking at spa options (pedicure, etc.). Any opinions of the one there?

Do they sell almond milk in the Marketplace? Don't like soy milk. Is the only coffee creamer liquid Ie no powdered stuff? Just thinking I might bring my own but I can't transport almond milk from the UK lol!!
They don't sell almond milk in the Marketplace.
They have packets of Coffee Mate - powdered coffee creamer available at the resort. They also have liquid creamer in a dispenser in the Marketplace. I think the liquid cream is real cream.

AllEars.net has a video room tour posted of the Yacht Club:

Where did the pretty red pillows on the beds go? CR did this to us last year too. If you look at pics of current CR rooms, there are cute yellow round pillows on the beds that I assume are supposed to look like Mickey's buttons. When we got there last summer, the pillows were gone. The room really looked unfinished. Now, per that video, the red pillows that have always been in YC rooms are gone. It's a shame. :darth:

Hi, can you please change our dates to 18th May 2017.
We've had to unfortunately change our dates as DH has an accident and broke both his feet!!!!
We don't check in to the BC till the 21st as the first 3 nights are not available at the moment, so we'll be probably be at pop to chill before the parks. We've never been to Disney and not been able to go to the parks, this will be strange! Will make the most of the pool, Disney springs and riding the monorail.
Thanks
Nic X

I'm sorry to hear of your husband's accident. I hope he has a quick and complete recovery. May will be here before you know it, but I know you would like to be here sooner.
Best wishes!

Question for those of you who have used a car service from MCO to BC-how long does it usually take once you meet the driver to arrive at BC? Also what have you given the driver for a tip?

According to my weather app it is hotter in good old Blighty today than it is in Orlando.
Yep our back yard once again has hit 30 degrees Celsius for the fifth year running!! Who said global warming isn't happening!! It's not been this warm in Britain since about 1976 at least not up here in the north east, the humidity has been a real pain too hitting 60%-70% all day and all night for days on end! Our friends are wilting but to us it's just a typical Florida week

Where did the pretty red pillows on the beds go? CR did this to us last year too. If you look at pics of current CR rooms, there are cute yellow round pillows on the beds that I assume are supposed to look like Mickey's buttons. When we got there last summer, the pillows were gone. The room really looked unfinished. Now, per that video, the red pillows that have always been in YC rooms are gone. It's a shame. :darth:
I think Disney should have put RF ID tags inside those pillows to stop them from walking from the resort rooms. There are some people who wouldn't think twice about taking them home with them at the end of a stay...not many but I bet it does happen. Same with the bath robes...those tags can be very inconspicuous and can be monitored quite well.

Page 579-582

Sorry I have gotten behind AGAIN!

Busy weekend at the theatre with a production, then Ben and I are working all week at summer farm camp.

We are 50 days out from our first Beach Club stay (9/3-9/11)! It's a suprise trip for our 3 sweet kiddos and it has been so hard not to spill the beans about the trip. Now I have to start thinking of how to tell them the news!

:welcome:

How exciting!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

Happy dancing as we were able to reserve an Illuminations Cruise for next one. Shh...I haven't told DS or DH yet.

Has anyone had experience with ordering private dinning from the Yacht Club for the Cruise? In my initial phone call I was offered a veggie plate and chicken nuggets. Um...Looking for something a little bit more interesting. They promised to send a menu but I haven't seen anything yet.

TIA!

BUMP!

Don't really know the answer to your question. I know some people have brought pizza aboard. Let us know what you find out from private dining.

:boat:

I'm pretty sure they are estimating the BCV renovations will be complete at the end of August, early September so in that case you would be all set.

:thumbsup2

Forgot to give you a :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

They don't sell almond milk in the Marketplace.
They have packets of Coffee Mate - powdered coffee creamer available at the resort. They also have liquid creamer in a dispenser in the Marketplace. I think the liquid cream is real cream.

I don't believe the liquid creamer ever had any kind of a relationship with a cow. I have an intolerance to non-dairy substitutes like coffeemate, and the liquid creamer gives me the same physical reaction. On our last trip I always got milk from one of the CMs for my coffee (they usually have some in one of the fridges behind the counter). But, they might have changed it since we were there last, so if you specifically need dairy or not-dairy for a medical reason (as opposed to taste preference) I'd ask before adding it to your coffee...

Private dining options for the Illuminations Cruise are a bit boring:

Food Items

Vegetable Platter

Small (Serves 1-2)$14.99

Large (Serves 3-5) $25.99

·Assorted fresh cut vegetables served with ranch.

Fruit & Cheese Platter

Small (Serves 1-2)$15.00

Large (Serves 3-5) $30.00

·Assortment of Imported and Domestic Cheeses and served with crackers

Shrimp Cocktail-$37.99

·13 large shrimp with cocktail sauce and lemons

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries-$25.00

·5 chocolate covered strawberries

Crispy Chicken Nuggets-$19.99

·26 Chicken Nuggets served either traditional or buffalo style

16” Pizza - $21.00

·Additional Toppings (Extra $2.00 per topping)

oOnions

oGreen Peppers

oMushrooms

oTomatoes

oPineapple

oHam

oSausage

oPepperoni

Beer and Wine

Beer:

Budweiser-$6.75

Bud Light-$6.75

Corona-$6.75

Heineken-$6.75

Michelob Ultra-$7.50

Yuengling-$6.75

Blue Moon-$6.75

Sam Adams-$8.00

Stella Artois-$8.00

Cigar City-$8.00

Fat Tire-$8.00

Schofferhoffer Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen-$7.50

Angry Orchard (Gluten Free)-$7.50

Estrella Damm Daura (Gluten Free)-$8.50

Omission Lager (Gluten Free)-$8.00

Sparkling Wine:

Paul Cheneau Lady of Spain Cuvee-$55.00

Banfi Rosa Regale-$64.00

Veuve Clicqout-$99.00

Coastal Vines-$47.00

White Wines:

Dr. Loosen, Dr. L. Riesling, Mosel-$55.00

Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough-$65.00

Placido Pinot Grigio-$49.00

DeLoach Vineyards chardonnay, Russian River Valley-$55.00

Cakebread Chardonnay, Napa Valley-$90.00

Mer Soleil Silver Chardonnay-$85.00

Red Wines:

MacMurray Ranch Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast-$65.00

Canyon Road Merlot, California-$47.00

Don Miguel Gascon Malbec, Mendoza-$49.00

Simi Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley-$69.00

Black Pearl Oro Shiraz-Cabernet, Paarl-$47.00
Markham Merlot Napa Valley-$65.00

Benziger Merlot-$65.00

Sterling Vitner’s Meritage, Sonoma, California-$54.00

Frog’s Leap Zinfandel-$69.00

B.R. Cohn Silver Label Cabernet Sauvignon-$59.00

Your Cruise will automatically include 4 of the following: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Root beer, Mr. Pibb & Water.

You also get assorted snacks, Oreos, Brownies, Chips (Assortment), Chocolate Chip Cookies,& Rice Krispy Treats.

(The Following items require a 72 hour notice)

Cakes

6” Cake

8” Cake

10” Cake

Mickey or Minnie Mouse Cake

Mini Dessert Trio

Happy dancing as we were able to reserve an Illuminations Cruise for next one. Shh...I haven't told DS or DH yet.

Has anyone had experience with ordering private dinning from the Yacht Club for the Cruise? In my initial phone call I was offered a veggie plate and chicken nuggets. Um...Looking for something a little bit more interesting. They promised to send a menu but I haven't seen anything yet.

TIA!

We were able to order from the regular room service menu - http://allears.net/dining/menu/yacht-and-beach-club-in-room-dining/all-day

I also ordered an anniversary cake as a copy of our wedding cake. There is a cake chatter thread on the Restaurant board, or there is information on another poster's website: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/

We ordered vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries and it was awesome. At the end they boxed it back up for us and we enjoyed it through the rest of the trip.

Yep our back yard once again has hit 30 degrees Celsius for the fifth year running!! Who said global warming isn't happening!! It's not been this warm in Britain since about 1976 at least not up here in the north east, the humidity has been a real pain too hitting 60%-70% all day and all night for days on end! Our friends are wilting but to us it's just a typical Florida week
And our weather THIS summer is cooler than normal. We had our summer it seems in May, now it's more like spring hoovering around 18-21c. 2 weeks until I leave for Florida, I won't know what hit me.
Last summer was crazy hot, it seemed like the entire province was on fire. This year when air conditioners came out at Costco I along with everyone else bought one, thinking I'm not going thru another summer like that :rolleyes: and only turned it on twice! Sheesh.

I don't believe the liquid creamer ever had any kind of a relationship with a cow. I have an intolerance to non-dairy substitutes like coffeemate, and the liquid creamer gives me the same physical reaction. On our last trip I always got milk from one of the CMs for my coffee (they usually have some in one of the fridges behind the counter). But, they might have changed it since we were there last, so if you specifically need dairy or not-dairy for a medical reason (as opposed to taste preference) I'd ask before adding it to your coffee...
It would be good to find out what is in the creamer since I had my doubts about it, too. I've only recently started to add cream to my coffee so I never had a reason to research it before.

Just completed our Fastpass selections and online check in...getting closer!

Same here! So thrilled that we got our "must-dos" - FEA (2X), TSMM, SDMT, KS, SE, HM, and the Frozen Sing-A-Long.

DH & I can't handle a lot of motion so while the list seems tame for most, it's awesome for us. Plus, we are unable to visit WDW next year so I needed to get my Frozen fix!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!