Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is there only one entrance to SAB now? If yes, which entrance is it?
No, there are four entrances. Two are accessed by the YC/BC side of the pool. The other two are accessed from the sidewalk between Crescent Lake and the pool. One entrance is by the YC, near Captains' Grill, one is by Beaches and Cream, one is next to Hurricane Hana's and one is on the BC side of Hurricane Hana's. It is the entrance you would use if you are going on the Pirate slide. :)

At least that is what was there in February. ;)

No, there are four entrances. Two are accessed by the YC/BC side of the pool. The other two are accessed from the sidewalk between Crescent Lake and the pool. One entrance is by the YC, near Captains' Grill, one is by Beaches and Cream, one is next to Hurricane Hana's and one is on the BC side of Hurricane Hana's. It is the entrance you would use if you are going on the Pirate slide. :)

At least that is what was there in February. ;)

That is what I remember from our last trip - but I thought someone posted that they only had one open recently. Will have to look back through to see if I can find it or if I am crazy. Either is possible. :jester:

Our honeymoon is fast approaching and I can't wait! Our wedding was this past Saturday, July 2nd, and it was a wonderful day! Our pastor even incorporated my love of Disney into his sermon. :bride:

Quick question: Our flight from KC is supposed to land at 9:10am and I have booked an 11:10am lunch at Beaches and Cream. That should be plenty of time right? Originally I had a 12:30pm lunch booked, but with an earlier dinner booked (5:30pm) I wanted to have more time between meals. Also, since our room may not be ready, I figured the earlier lunch would help us burn more time for the room to be ready. Thanks!!!

Our honeymoon is fast approaching and I can't wait! Our wedding was this past Saturday, July 2nd, and it was a wonderful day! Our pastor even incorporated my love of Disney into his sermon. :bride:

Quick question: Our flight from KC is supposed to land at 9:10am and I have booked an 11:10am lunch at Beaches and Cream. That should be plenty of time right? Originally I had a 12:30pm lunch booked, but with an earlier dinner booked (5:30pm) I wanted to have more time between meals. Also, since our room may not be ready, I figured the earlier lunch would help us burn more time for the room to be ready. Thanks!!!

That will be very tight, if do able

That depends. When is your flight due to land at MCO?

Congrats on your wedding!

Are you planning on taking the Magical Express, a rental car or a private transfer?

The trip from MCO to the resort is about 40 minutes, but if you are taking Magical Express, it can be up to 90 minutes (or even more) if you have to wait for the bus to fill and if there are other stops first, which is typical.

If everything works out, or if you land early, and you go right to the restaurant without passing go, you may be able to make it.

:goodvibes

Congrats on your wedding!

Are you planning on taking the Magical Express, a rental car or a private transfer?

The trip from MCO to the resort is about 40 minutes, but if you are taking Magical Express, it can be up to 90 minutes (or even more) if you have to wait for the bus to fill and if there are other stops first, which is typical.

If everything works out, or if you land early, and you go right to the restaurant without passing go, you may be able to make it.

Thanks, Dee! We are taking the Magical Express. Maybe I will just stick with my 12:30 reservation to be on the safe side. Will keep checking for a noon time, though.

No idea! I have heard about Pete's dislike of CG, but haven't personally watched the podcast. I have heard more reviews characterizing CG as a hidden gem than a bust.

I have had breakfast, lunch and 3 dinners at Captain's Grille and I enjoyed all of the meals. I have links to the reviews of my meals on Page 1, Post 7, Dining.

Food has been good, service was fine (not terrible, not spectacular). The restaurant doesn't have much for "theming" compared to other Disney restaurants, and prices are on par with other Disney places, which maybe makes it overpriced, especially compared to "real world" dining.

I think it is always a go to restaurant. Nothing spectacular but not disappointing. I think worst one I had recently was O'Hana. I know folks love it but it was real bad.

That is what I remember from our last trip - but I thought someone posted that they only had one open recently. Will have to look back through to see if I can find it or if I am crazy. Either is possible. :jester:

Nope, you're not crazy! Someone posted that only one entrance was open about a month or 2 ago. I think they said it was the one near the spa, but I could be wrong on that. It was during the time Disney was making cuts all over, before the new park opens in Shanghi. Hopefully someone there now can give us an update.

It is due to land at 9:10am.

Ahh....
Then, I say, yeah, you should be fine. Like Dee said, expect about 90 min. between plane touching down, and arrival at resort, which should put you there around 11:40. That should give you more than enough time to drop off your bags (with Bell Services, or by some lucky stroke, if your room is available!), and head over. I recommend the Florida Sunshine (or something close to that). It's soda water and orange sherbet whipped up and topped with whipped cream and orange candy loveliness .... :goodvibes:cloud9:

page 562-563

Okay, so next question and I'm done: We booked a Standard View room for our family of five. I am able to request just a few things with on line check in. Is there anyway to up our chances of having something other than a roof view? I am sure this has been covered somewhere here, but I've read and read (but I can't read 562 pages) lol. Thank you in advance for any info/suggestions/ tips!!

Standard view rooms are defined as overlooking rooftops or parking lots.

Possibly the "lower floor" option would decrease the likelihood of a rooftop view. Or calling in a request for "lower floor, facing front parking lot"

Just booked YC for early this Sept. - yay! We have never stayed here before . . . . what do I need to know? So excited to try something new but . . . . Any suggestions welcome, thanks :)

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. As Hopefully suggested, read Page 1 (Particularly Post 1, Post 9 YC, Post 13 FAQ and Post 14 Other Useful Info). But please do let us know if we can help you with other questions.

:cool1:

Dee, do you need a replenishment of erasers ;)
We will be at BC SV in 21 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it's only one night, but we switched to BC SV before our BWI stay. I need to get a BC stay in for sure!

No, I'm good! I stocked up at the Back to Virtual School Sale last August.

:rotfl2:

We're just back from our stay. We had a great time, after a bit of a rocky start. We spent Saturday at the parks, and when we came back to the room at YC at 10:30, we went to set the daybed up for our 4 yo. We moved the mattress, and someone had left cereal (looked like Apple Jacks) in the space between the mattress and wall, and the cereal was covered with little bugs. At first, they were just going to bring us a roll-away, but we found bugs all over the room, so they ended up moving us. YC was pretty full, so they switched us to a room at BC, and we had a wonderful stay. We tried Beaches and Cream for the first time, and we loved spending time at SAB. Our next trip is Poly in Sept, but I'd happily stay at YC or BC any day!

Thanks so much for the feedback about your trip. So glad to hear the resort took care of the issue with your room. ICK!

:sad2:

Last edited:
Mine are much older now but we've been there with them as young as 3 weeks and all different stages of baby-hood.

My thoughts looking back are:
We found a comfortable, lightweight stroller that could be broken down one-handed and locked to load for buses; and kept all the baby stuff in the baby backpack so we could get around ourselves. I could put the pack on my back, pick up the baby, and collapse/lock the stroller and load myself onto a bus. Others have huge, heavy awkward strollers that require too many hands and loose items in the basket that fall all over when you pick it up.

Don't underestimate taking a break in the baby centers. It was a great way to get some on the floor time and work the bugs out, and the facilities in there are much, much nicer changing facilities than anywhere else in the park. A great spot to rest your feet and feed the baby, and then the baby slept in the stroller while we ate and enjoyed our meals.

If it rains - I loved leaving the stroller at home and putting the baby in the snugli carrier. One of out trips, it rained for several days and was quite cool. I put DD in the snugli, put on my rain coat and carried an umbrella over the two of us. We stayed dry, warm enough and it was easy for going in and out of stores and attractions. When we had the stroller in the rain we had to deal with the rain cover and the seat getting damp!

Great trips for travelling with little ones. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts