Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I agree with @Wood Nymph. A studio will only have one real bed, a sleeper sofa and in the renovated studios a small pull down bed.
The only possibility for 2 queen beds is a dedicated 2 bedroom villa. There are not a lot of those - although I have read they are adding beds as they renovate, where they can
The member needs to call and make requests for you. They "own" the reservation until you check in
Enjoy
I am in a 2bedroom dedicated villa not a studio.

I've heard that they are putting two queen beds in the renovated dedicated 2 br villas. Prior to that, there were only 14 villas that had two queen beds in the second bedroom.

When will you be at the BCV? The renovation should be done by the end of the summer.
We will be there in 24 days. I just asked my DVC friend if he can add to our request a newier room. We already have on the request 2 queen beds.

Updated: we were in our room around 3:35 or so. The room is gorgeous. Haven't stayed in a paid room (we've done DVC) in a few years and I LOVE the renovations. Rooms are very classy and beautiful. The Stone Harbor club is excellent. 5pm service has lots of delicious food offerings- hot items, a few salads, some shrimp dish and cheeses. Much, much nicer than our Poly stay earlier this week. Service much better also. I wasn't a huge fan of Poly (rooms felt cheaply decorated and worn, lounge was dirty and crowded, service subpar, boring & limited food offerings) so this is a very big difference. Very happy!

Last edited:

Here are some answers to open questions:

Hurricane Hanna's started limited breakfast today, from 7:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m.; it's currently scheduled to run till Aug 13.

The pool hours are 9:00 a.m. till 10:00 p.m.

Marshmallow roasting is on the beach, around the pit.

There are two glider swings on the beach.

Lots of chaise lounges set up on the beach.

Start date for room refurb at YC not firmly established.

I am still so majorly bummed that the pool is closing at 10 pm. I assume that is through the end of the summer and beyond? 10-11 pm was one of our favorite times to use the pool!!

Last edited:
Just booked a body scrub/massage and facial at the Mandera at the Dolphin resort. Has anyone been here? Is it worth the cost? Would Beach Club spa be better?

We did that spa in February 2015 trip. NEVER AGAIN. it was not a spa experience. I actually felt anxious the whole time I was there. They were under renovation which they failed to tell us ahead of time and it wasn't very zen like. Of course, it didn't help that there was a woman with a toddler complaining about the chocolate milk that hadn't been delivered to the spa yet. WHO TAKES A TODDLER TO A SPA? Ugh. But even the service? Meh. I've never done the Beach Club... But it's got to be better than the one at the Dolphin.

Well I had planned on eating at least one breakfast at Captain's Grille. I hope its good.
We look forward to breakfast at Captains Grille every trip. And we eat there multiple times during the same trip. We never make a reservation. Show up at different times and only have waited 10 minutes at the most. We have ordered a la carte and buffet. No complaints. It's the BEST! Breakfast is the only meal we've eaten there.

I think that's going on my list for our next trip! My DD was curious about the Chef's pasta creations. Anyone ever order that? She loves looking up restaurants and menus online. :)

Here's the old chef's creation at Captain's grill. It's now a regular menu item known as Tagliatelle Pasta.

Pic was taken about 2 weeks ago

Geesh. I've got a lot of food pics it seems.captain's grill chef creation.jpg

My family (Me, DH, DD7 and DD3) and I are headed to BC Club Level 9/3-9/7 in a water view room. Other than requesting a full balcony no real requests. My TA made the reservation and IPO has it noted. I've read over all I can find and am very excited!! Any tips on visiting BC with a 3 year old boy?

I think the DVC member needs to make the request through their DVC member services.

The member needs to call and make requests for you. They "own" the reservation until you check in
Enjoy

We will be there in 24 days. I just asked my DVC friend if he can add to our request a newier room. We already have on the request 2 queen beds.

The 2 queen dedicated room (at least until the refurb is complete) is a separate room type/category; it is NOT a "request" that you may or may not get. If they booked the 2BR double queen room, that's what you'll get.

Thanks! Just watched one of DIS Pete's podcasts on the 5 worst WDW restaurants and he listed Captains Grille as #1! I have read so many raves about it here, I don't get it. I know that any restaurant can have an off day, but he claims that he makes several trips before rating. Any thoughts?

Lol.. I saw that too. It sounds like he just had some bad luck there. I've never had a bad experience at CG, myself. It's also a better breakfast buffet than cape may, too, and you don't have to pay the "character fee" either.

Trattoria al Forno. We ate dinner there last October and we were pleased Have an ADR again this October trip. Haven't been for breakfast, but I read breakfast was good also.:banana:

We had breakfast there and it was excellent. Best coffee I had while I as there too!

And we love Captains Grill. In fact I just entered the DVC sweepstakes with a picture of my husband and daughter there on a recent trip. We had a great dinner!

My family (Me, DH, DD7 and DD3) and I are headed to BC Club Level 9/3-9/7 in a water view room. Other than requesting a full balcony no real requests. My TA made the reservation and IPO has it noted. I've read over all I can find and am very excited!! Any tips on visiting BC with a 3 year old boy?
The sandy shallow kiddie pool is da bomb diggity, my youngest was 6 last year and they all enjoyed it. Plus the base of the slide entrance has a cool little slide perfect for your little one. What else??? The CL is great to chill when it's raining or before bedtime to have a snack and watch cartoons. Don't forget to watch SW fireworks from your balcony at least once! Have an amazing trip!

Updated: we were in our room around 3:35 or so. The room is gorgeous. Haven't stayed in a paid room (we've done DVC) in a few years and I LOVE the renovations. Rooms are very classy and beautiful. The Stone Harbor club is excellent. 5pm service has lots of delicious food offerings- hot items, a few salads, some shrimp dish and cheeses. Much, much nicer than our Poly stay earlier this week. Service much better also. I wasn't a huge fan of Poly (rooms felt cheaply decorated and worn, lounge was dirty and crowded, service subpar, boring & limited food offerings) so this is a very big difference. Very happy!

did you get the daybed? we are there in 14 days and would like one too but only have 4 but we are BC CL water view too thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter