Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Could someone help me please. I am just about to book a garden view room at the Beach Club but noticed they only have 2 queen beds and not a king bed in these rooms? I find it odd that they wouldn't offer king beds in rooms with garden views? Is this the case or is this a typo on Disney's part?

Thanks! :)

We had a Garden View room in October that had a king bed and pull out couch, it wasn't club level though. :)

Hi everyone! We arrive at The Beach Club in just two weeks and I am trying to get all of the little details nailed down. We are planning to spend an afternoon and evening at Disney Springs, we have an ADR for Raglan Road which I have heard great things about. Anyway we are driving down and will have our van, so I was wondering if we should drive or take Disney transportation. My mom will have an ecv with her and we will have my DH, DD17 and DD9 too. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

The new parking garages are open at Disney Springs. I'd say for your party, driving has the edge over taking the bus. You won't be faced with the possibility of having to wait for a scooter spot in case the line for the bus is long. Also the buses tend to run at odd schedules due to the traffic back ups. Both cars and buses have to deal with any traffic so that factor is a tie so to speak.

Another thought is that Disney Springs will get very crowded at night, ESPECIALLY on the weekends so having your vehicle available to whisk you away when it's time to go will be a welcome sight.

Just an FYI for people planning trips to the Springs, Josh from Easy WDW http://www.easywdw.com/easy/ says that the best time to go to Disney Springs is in the morning when things start to open up. It's way less crowded than at night and there tends to be better availability for tables if you are walking up to places like The Boathouse or
Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar. Another consideration is that traffic is less congested during the morning/noon time hours.

Ultimately the best time to go to Disney Springs is the time that works for you. If you go in the evening hours on a weekend be sure to install a "cow catcher" like they have on trains on the front of Mom's ECV so she can plow through the crowds to get where she is going. I kind of like that strategy for getting through the crowds and I think the cow catcher might cut down on the jerks that try to suddenly cut off the ECV.

Good luck and have a great trip!

~NM

Is November really popular this year? We have a reservation but other family want to come and only club level suites are available. It is the tail end of food and wine but I'm still surprised. Maybe more rooms will open up?

Good luck getting a response here, I posted a similar question a cpl days ago

I have looked all over and can't find any particular reason for this time to be so crowded, not sure what dates you're looking for but Jersey week is the beginning of November, but I can't see that making such a large impact.
I've been trying every day for over a month and nothing ever comes up except for club level rooms

Countdown to arrival is almost on one hand! I don't see any outstanding requests right now but if anyone needs us to check on anything while we are at BCVs let me know. I will try my best to give live reports with pictures, including from our room. I will also give an update on the refurb. Anything else?

Also, we are really friendly folks who enjoy a lot of time at SAB. We always try to grab a table in the area in front of where they play water volleyball so if you are there look for us. You can't miss us, we have the big plastic wine and champagne glasses so please come by and say hello and join us for a cocktail.

Let the packing begin!
What are your dates? We will be at YC June 11-17.

Is November really popular this year? We have a reservation but other family want to come and only club level suites are available. It is the tail end of food and wine but I'm still surprised. Maybe more rooms will open up?

November hs really become more and more popular over the last couple years. I wouldn't count on roons opening up. Bit it never hurts to keep checking as people do cancel reservations.

There really are not many slow periods any longer. Good luck!

page 511-512

Could you add us to the Be Our Guest list? We will be at the YC June 9-13. Wish it were longer, but no rooms were available so we are doing a split stay with the Poly.

Thanks for all that you do to keep this thread going!
:thanks:

:welcome: back!

Will do!

:cool1:

We just booked a "tentative" Pre-Thanksgiving trip, November 16-22(club level). We usually do Disney in December, so this will be new for us. Have never stayed at YC, so that is new too! Out last 3 trips have been AKL CL. I LOVE AKL, but found CL staff and service to be lacking last year. So much so, that we decided to take a year off from Disney. Well, that lasted about 6 months and now we are trying something new! I look forward to learning all I can before we arrive.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I hope your "tentative" trip sticks!

:goodvibes

I do want to let you know that some posted yesterday that the YC room renovations have been pushed back from August to November. We have not heard anything official from Disney or the resort yet. Also not sure if that date is firm- we have been expecting the work to start for almost a year.

The work will likely start on the 5th floor, club level.

:cool2:

I second this !

Hello Everyone !!

For more than a month now I have been trying to book either The Beach Club or Yacht Club with absolutely no luck !! I have never had this much trouble finding a room at either one so I'm not sure what's going on ?! Does anyone know if there's something going on during my dates which are November 14-17 ? I figured Jersey Week, Veterans Day and Food And Wine guests would most likely be gone by then so ?? I have been trying every single day during different times of the day and nothing ever pops up except for the club level rooms ! I just can't believe I've had no luck

:welcome: to the thread.

I don't know why the Beach Club and Yacht Club have no availability other than club level for your dates, however both resorts do run pretty close to full occupancy most times of the year. I can't remember if the BC/YC were offered with the Free Dining promotion recently and although that is not always the best discount available for the resort, guests may have jumped on that.

I also checked Orbitz for your dates and found the same as you did with Disney- only club level rooms available.

Availability can change as people cancel and book trips, especially around the time of final payment for trips (45 days? 60 days?)

I hope you are able to find something. On a positive note, Disney seems to be very flexible about changes, so if you book a trip to another resort and something opens up, it is usually pretty easy to change your reservation.

:)

We're here now in bcv studio remodeled room! This new remodel is wonderful! So great in fact that I'm checking for my end of summer trip to see if there's anything left ( not expecting honestly ) here at the bcv!

The whole 1 wing that's shut down looks to be just about ready to go. We walked through the other night and all rooms are set up lights on, with just notes on each door about what needs to be tweaked in each room. Small stuff like adjust knobs, install peep hole..... I'd be surprised if these rooms aren't open in a week.

Our new studio, 543, is amazing! The day bed/ desk is genius. They defiantly used some Disney cruise line furniture makers for this piece as it is rather slim when coming out from the wall. The only downside to this is the 4 drawers are very small. There are drawers in the coffee table so we're using these for storage too

Bed is comfy, and pull out couch is as well as day bed. My kids are excited they don't have to sleep together!

Upon check in, I was assigned an old studio. The cm had no problem switching me to a renovated one for our stay and was happy to do so! So, if you're wanting a new room they do their best to accommodate you! Pretty soon there will be more new than old, so getting a new room should not be hard at all

Another thing my husband and I have been enjoying here during our stay is the lounge food at the pool!!!

Honestly, the food at hurricane Hannah's wasn't cutting it for us. So I have been going to the yacht club and ordering a crab cake and 1 of those famous burgers as take out to eat at the pool. They are happy to box it to go, and we get something different! The wings are to die for. And for $12, a great deal as they are very very big!

The people sitting next to us we're going to the Martha's vineyard for their drinks as well as take out muscles and wings. They said the mv drinks were better and cheaper than Hannah's and they had no problem doing a plastic cup. So for those that would like a change from hh food, try the lounges as to go! We saw quite a few people poolside with the take out bags so we're not the only ones

So...I think several things are coming into play. Food and wine falls into the first half of the month and the EPCOT resort area is extremely popular for that. For the villas, rooms were booked up at the 10 month mark and I have had a one day add on waitlisted since before Christmas that hasn't cleared yet and may not. In addition, you have rooms blocked off for the Yacht Club refurb, which reduces the overall inventory of rooms. Finally Jersey week is bigger than you think. Seems a majority of folks we meet at YAB are from NJ and speaking from experience, any time you can book an off peak trip without taking kids out of school, it is an attractive option. Not sure if you have actually called the resort. I did see. Report where folks had success calling when no inventory was available on line.

Hi everyone! We arrive at The Beach Club in just two weeks and I am trying to get all of the little details nailed down. We are planning to spend an afternoon and evening at Disney Springs, we have an ADR for Raglan Road which I have heard great things about. Anyway we are driving down and will have our van, so I was wondering if we should drive or take Disney transportation. My mom will have an ecv with her and we will have my DH, DD17 and DD9 too. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
We almost always drive. The couple of times we have taken a bus the time involved in waiting was extremely long. Even with the construction, once the first garage was open, we found driving to be faster.

Another thing my husband and I have been enjoying here during our stay is the lounge food at the pool!!!

Honestly, the food at hurricane Hannah's wasn't cutting it for us. So I have been going to the yacht club and ordering a crab cake and 1 of those famous burgers as take out to eat at the pool. They are happy to box it to go, and we get something different! The wings are to die for. And for $12, a great deal as they are very very big!

The people sitting next to us we're going to the Martha's vineyard for their drinks as well as take out muscles and wings. They said the mv drinks were better and cheaper than Hannah's and they had no problem doing a plastic cup. So for those that would like a change from hh food, try the lounges as to go! We saw quite a few people poolside with the take out bags so we're not the only ones

When you say you have been going to the yacht club and ordering to go, what is the name of the lounge? We have been told by both Crew's Cup and captains Geille they can't do take out. They would allow us to be seated, order, have them bring the food and then ask for a box.

Never mind about the where! I forgot they started selling from the Ale and Compass lounge. Going to have to check that out but this isn't really a lunch uption is it? Thought the lounges didn't open until 4 or 5.

Last edited:
When you say you have been going to the yacht club and ordering to go, what is the name of the lounge? We have been told by both Crew's Cup and captains Geille they can't do take out. They would allow us to be seated, order, have them bring the food and then ask for a box.

Never mind about the where! I forgot they started selling from the Ale and Compass lounge. Going to have to check that out but this isn't really a lunch uption is it? Thought the lounges didn't open until 4 or 5.

I order from the host stand at the captains grill and pay,And then come back in 15 min and it's there. Also, you can order from the bartender at Martha's vineyard, same thing. Crew cup lounge does not participate.

Also the ale and compass lounge will do it as well, but, this is an after 3 pm option as they aren't open until then. The captains grill will do it if the lounge isn't open. For the record, a waitress will come out to the host stand and take your order. I tipped her as I would if I were seated in her section

Good to know! Thanks for this info!!

I had a reservation for afternoon tea in the Solarium on my arrival date in August, but I received an email saying it was being cancelled the weekend I booked. :confused3 It would have been nice to try, but I guess it frees up more time to spend at SAB that day instead. :goodvibes

Can't wait to make FP reservations in a couple of weeks!

Sorry you're disappointed about the afternoon tea. I'd imagine it's because a lot of people use the solarium during the busy summer months. We often bring lunch there from the marketplace and while it's not the same as afternoon tea you could do something similar so you get to enjoy the ambience of eating in the solarium :)

He cooks and is earning his keep. Mine just sleeps in and lounges. She will do things about the house if I ask, at least. And she has started to bathe regularly.

Haha well the 9 year old cooks and earns his keep occasionally although he is also known to dramatically exclaim "why is it always me" when asked to do things:charac2:I may have offered him the phone number for child services (only kidding)!!:confused3:rotfl2:

Isn't it great to have your son cook a meal for you! I love it when my son prepares a meal.

It's truly wonderful:thumbsup2. So far the youngest son will do pancakes and toast and the oldest son will stretch himself to a burger and chips (fries) if pushed but I eagerly await the day when he decides to be more adventurous in his cooking efforts:goodvibes. I've told him he needs to start cooking more now he's 18 but so far
He's using exams as his reason for not doing so :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Interesting. Is this the UK site? I'm looking at the Disney booking site in the US, and garden club rooms state this: "2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair and 1 Day Bed or 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed or 1 King Bed"

However, the garden club level option says only 2 Queen Beds.

Yes it's the UK site. That's so odd that you guys have different information. I booked a standard view room in the end as that was the one showing a king bed. Very strange! I may give them a call tomorrow. It was just a regular room and not club level too.
We had a Garden View room in October that had a king bed and pull out couch, it wasn't club level though. :)
Weird that the UK site gives different information! :rolleyes:

Crews Cup Lounge opens at noon. Ale and Compass opens at 3pm and Martha's Vineyard opens at 4pm. :)

We have bought a drink in one of the lounges and asked for it to be served in a plastic cup to take to the pool so that we could use our Tables in Wonderland discount for the drinks. :)
Nice. We still have TIW for this trip. And thanks for the heads up on the hours! This might particularly come in handy on arrival day. We are from Maryland so are picky about our crab cakes. Any one have the ones at ale and compass? How are they?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts