Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

New bus routes are being introduced for the Walt Disney World water parks.

Beginning May 29, 2016 guests will need to take a bus to Disney Springs to get to Typhoon Lagoon from a resort. After 1:00pm, guests will need to transfer to a different bus at Disney Springs. Before 1:00, they will remain on the same bus.

For guests traveling to Blizzard Beach, they will need to take a bus to Animal Kingdom and then transfer to a new bus there.

:fish:

ETA: I wonder if this will affect the afternoon bus that currently runs from the BC and YC to the front of EPCOT, which I believe had something to do with water park transportation.

:confused3

We are at Yacht Club right now checked in on Saturday I requested a high floor close to elevator and we got both. We have standard view which is a group of trees not bad at all. I feel like the room is still in good shape no issues but I'm looking forward to the refresh :D. I believe some convention folks checked in yesterday so I
We will see how much busier it gets around the Yacht Club. Weather and crowds have been perfect!! I just love it here at this resort IMO it's the perfect place :beach:

I forgot to say I did online checkin, our room wasn't ready till a little after 3:00. We had a drink in the Crew Lounge one night before dinner this is a nice hidden gem. Not real big or much seating but a great place to duck in for a drink and/or light fare. I would definitely go back and maybe try something from the menu. Daughter tried a Sunken Treasure said it was ok but it's a pretty color :drinking1
We lucked out and got Fastpasses for Soarin the last day so glad we got to ride it one last time before they change it , my daughter also got Fastpasses for Fantasmic too not the best seats but still it was a great show!!!
All the Garden and flowers were beautiful around Epcot :butterfly
We always make a list of things we haven't done and try to do some while we are there, I have to say we did pretty good: I had a Cronut for the first time it was soooo good looking forward to my next one, got to see Gaston he is pretty funny and worth checking out, did Dinosaur ride at Animal Kingdom not sure why we never have wont be running back to do again though, Mine Train my new favorite ride I'm not a thrill ride person (not that this is) but it's so much fun and such a smooth ride compared to Thunder Mountain, ice cream from Beaches and Cream two scoops he gave us in dish for one snack point !!! Breakfast in the castle (food eh), Narcoosees dinner so good the Almond cheesecake we are all still talking about food was the best for the trip, our Hoopty Doo waiter Gino was the best my nephew was celebrating his 22nd bday so Gino made him a hat from a napkin put on his head then had the family which by the way had three pretty girls come over and sing happy birthday to him. Mind you he never smiled his sense of humor was awesome! We sat upstairs. I feel like I cleaned out the park with my all that I bought lol we purchased two back packs from our last trip which they still sell but different pattern they hold a ton of stuff and we used as carry on's for trip back. Let's just say my Disney ornament collection grew an grew love the personalized ones from Magic Kingdom. My daughter and I both did pick a pearl I wanted a ring and lucked out and got a silver/blue pearl so pretty we had to buy three oysters for her earrings due to the coloring yellowish/white but they look great and are a good size. Anyone who loves Beauty and Beast over by BOG restaurant the store there has Luminaire and he lights up ornament that's my favorite he is so cute :love:
We were already planning our 2018 trip for Food and Wine :D:D:D while we were swimming around Storm Along Bay best pool ever:thumbsup2

We wore our fit bits and walked over 60 miles for this trip!!! #comfyshoes
image.jpeg

Last edited:

page 509-511

We generally recommend that guests request the attributes they want in a room in words instead of asking for a particular room number. If you ask for a room number, and that room is occupied during your stay, the room assigner may not know the reasons that room appealed to you.

As you mentioned, you can request pool view or lagoon view- check out the Yacht Club Room View thread on the Resorts Community subforum to see some samples of views from the YC CL WV category to see if one of those appeals to you more than another.

There is one room (5163) in YC CL WV that does not have a full balcony. Personally, I would add "room with full balcony" if I booked that category at the Yacht Club.

:goodvibes

Thanks for that!!!

:surfweb:

Thank you!!!

I didn't know if we had confirmation on that or not. I haven't updated the info yet, obviously.

:coffee:

What category did you book (Standard View, Garden View or Water View)?

When I have a stay at the Beach Club, my primary request is for a full balcony. About 3/4 of the rooms at the BC CL have full balconies, the rest have the smaller Juliet standing balconies. So your request might be "Close to Lounge, please. Full Balcony, if possible"

:thumbsup2

No, totally not a stupid question. I had the same concerns about using the pod machine before my stay.

As best I remember, you just take the pod out of the wrapper, open the top to the machine and place the pod in a small filterish basket. Add water to the machine. Place cup underneath. Hit the button to start the brew.

A lot of people use bottled water in the machine because they don't like Orlando water. I don't have an issue with it so I just use tap water.

I think those are the steps. Anyone have anything to add. I am now blanking on whether you can make two cups at the same time but for some reason I think it is just one.

I usually set this up the night before so I can just hit the button.

"I can make coffee in my sleep!"

:coffee:
Thank you!!! I will check out the sub forum!

New bus routes are being introduced for the Walt Disney World water parks.

Beginning May 29, 2016 guests will need to take a bus to Disney Springs to get to Typhoon Lagoon from a resort. After 1:00pm, guests will need to transfer to a different bus at Disney Springs. Before 1:00, they will remain on the same bus.

For guests traveling to Blizzard Beach, they will need to take a bus to Animal Kingdom and then transfer to a new bus there.

:fish:

ETA: I wonder if this will affect the afternoon bus that currently runs from the BC and YC to the front of EPCOT, which I believe had something to do with water park transportation.

:confused3
Water Parks will be a first for us... Seems like we will have to add long bus rides to our list of novelties...

So i am back i know we have a trip coming up soon so i need to get back in the spirt especially after leaving an old job to a brand new career i feel a vacation coming.

I have finally caught up and updated the Be Our Guest list. It has been 10 plus pages since the last update so please take a look in case I missed adding you or the information is not correct.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:wave2:

Could you add us to the Be Our Guest list? We will be at the YC June 9-13. Wish it were longer, but no rooms were available so we are doing a split stay with the Poly.

Thanks for all that you do to keep this thread going!
:thanks:

You just place it in the top of the coffee machine and switch on (fill with water first). The water filters through the pod and coffee drips into your cup below.
Sounds easy enough. So are the pods in the rooms not that good is why to buy them some where else?

Funny story...we are going to Mystic, CT for the 4th of July weekend and we went last year as well.

So today my DD says -
Mom what is the name of the hotel we are staying at in Mystic?
I said it's just the Hilton why?
Oh well, I don't remember it and I was wondering - are they going to meet us in the lobby and walk us to our room like they did at Yacht Club? Ummm no - we will walk ourselves.
But Mom - how are we going to know how to get there?
The same way we have known every other time we have stayed at a hotel before last week at Yacht Club. And no - there will not be chocolates on our pillow either!

One stay Club Level and my DD thinks that is just how we should roll from here on out! hahaha

Daybed Label- Flexsteel

daybed%20label.jpg

We just booked a "tentative" Pre-Thanksgiving trip, November 16-22(club level). We usually do Disney in December, so this will be new for us. Have never stayed at YC, so that is new too! Out last 3 trips have been AKL CL. I LOVE AKL, but found CL staff and service to be lacking last year. So much so, that we decided to take a year off from Disney. Well, that lasted about 6 months and now we are trying something new! I look forward to learning all I can before we arrive.

Does Beach Club have any special Halloween activities on or around Halloween day? I was planning to do Halloween Party, but after the price increase I just can't justify spending almost $400 just for a few hours. (I have 2 little kids, and past 3 times we did Halloween or Christmas parties, we left park around 10p.m., we only managed to see parade, and not Hallowish)

But I feel bad that my kids can't get to do any trick or treating, so wondered if there are any special activities at Hotel......
DH and I were there for Halloween 2015. They did do a small amount of trick or treating and had a costume contest. There was a characters meet and greet for a while with Goofy for the first half and Minnie for the second half. We caught goofy as we were leaving the pool area and Minnie Ana we were leaving for dinner. I don't recall the poolside activities being much different from the normal activities Still music, but they did Halloween music (thriller, monster mash etc), games had a Halloween spin to them.

Most of the activities were in the area under cover between cape may cafe and beaches and cream.

Attached a picture with Goofy. Our Minnie picture was too blurry.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 18
We just booked a "tentative" Pre-Thanksgiving trip, November 16-22(club level). We usually do Disney in December, so this will be new for us. Have never stayed at YC, so that is new too! Out last 3 trips have been AKL CL. I LOVE AKL, but found CL staff and service to be lacking last year. So much so, that we decided to take a year off from Disney. Well, that lasted about 6 months and now we are trying something new! I look forward to learning all I can before we arrive.

Welcome!!! Checkout the first post for all the information you need to get started with the planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter