Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Only 2,419,200 seconds to go before we're on the plane and heading to the YC! 2,419,199 ... 2,419,198 ... okay, 28 days!! I really have nothing of value to add to this conversation but just wanted to share my excitement!

When I began planning for this trip for my family a couple of months ago it didn't take long to become a bit ... disenchanted shall we say? There was so much negativity on the boards at that time with all the news about price increases, CM hour cutbacks and perceived reduced customer service, Shanghai, etc. etc. etc. Through all of that this thread always seemed to remain immune to the negativity and provided a safe haven to come back to to regenerate the excitement of our upcoming trip. Thank you so much Dee and everyone else who's contributed!! Now it seems, for the most part, the negativity on the boards has blown over and people are more focused on the Magical side of a Disney trip again.

So am I back with an incredibly high excitement level again? :yay::yay::yay: 2,419,197 ... 2,419,196 ...

I am joining you in your excitement! Our countdown is at 21 days and I am so excited I think I may burst! I hope you have an excellent trip!

Does anyone have any good driving directions to Beach Club once we enter Disney property? We are coming from the Atlanta area, if that makes a difference. We always fly but decided to drive this trip so we can do some site-seeing along the way. I'm hoping Disney World is easy to navigate. DH and I can be directionally challenged. :crazy2:

I hope this will help. If you are coming down I75 to the Florida Turnpike, take the exit for 429 (Daniel Webster parkway) West toward Tampa. You will stay on it about 14-15 miles to the Walt Disney World exit (I believe exit 8). At the exit itself you will curve around under the expressway and be heading east. You will go a couple miles. When the speed limit goes down to 35, make sure you are in the left lane, because the road will end soon and you need to go left. (Heed the speed limit- Orange County Sheriff's office does occasionally do radar checks.)
After you turn left, stay in the left lane. You will pass Coronado Springs & then World Drive. While in the left lane, look to the signs on the right which will let you know when to turn for BC/YC. If you miss the first chance to turn- do not worry! You can always turns at the Speedway gas station and follow that road all the way to BC/YC.

I wish you a safe journey and when you are in 429 passing Stoneybrook West, give a shout. That's where I live. If you have any questions (if something isn't clear), or you are going on Rte 27, let me know. I would not recommend the turnpike all the way to I4 unless you really want to go there.

We are also an EXTREMELY directionally challenged family. Second generation (maybe more) for me. And it has been awhile since we have driven at the World, but I believe it is extremely easy to navigate the WDW roads. LOTS of signage, really cute purple signs with mouse ears. One group actually dressed as WDW road signs for MNSSHP one year.

Follow the signs to EPCOT resorts and then to BC .

:car:

I agree with this. In January, we had an uber driver taking us from the BC to AKL. She had no ideas what she was doing. I've never driven in Orlando but was able to get us back there with no trouble.

What's up with the directionally challenged Uber drivers??? Maybe you had our friend from August...

An Uber Scary Ride: aka The Wildest Ride from the Wilderness (Lodge)

:scared1:

It was crazy. I kept having to say things like, "you should probably stay in the middle lane - I think that's what the sign is telling us to do." She was very sweet. But it was like having my mom in the driver's seat. My mom got turned around a few weeks ago trying to get from the main lobby at the Poly to the Hawaii building where we'd been staying for the past five days.

I hope this will help. If you are coming down I75 to the Florida Turnpike, take the exit for 429 (Daniel Webster parkway) West toward Tampa. You will stay on it about 14-15 miles to the Walt Disney World exit (I believe exit 8). At the exit itself you will curve around under the expressway and be heading east. You will go a couple miles. When the speed limit goes down to 35, make sure you are in the left lane, because the road will end soon and you need to go left. (Heed the speed limit- Orange County Sheriff's office does occasionally do radar checks.)
After you turn left, stay in the left lane. You will pass Coronado Springs & then World Drive. While in the left lane, look to the signs on the right which will let you know when to turn for BC/YC. If you miss the first chance to turn- do not worry! You can always turns at the Speedway gas station and follow that road all the way to BC/YC.

I wish you a safe journey and when you are in 429 passing Stoneybrook West, give a shout. That's where I live. If you have any questions (if something isn't clear), or you are going on Rte 27, let me know. I would not recommend the turnpike all the way to I4 unless you really want to go there.

This is excellent information! Thank you so much for taking the time to type it all out. I added these directions to my vacation binder. Thanks again!

We had a shopping centre here that had to ask people to wear proper clothes to buy groceries lol
Unfortunately I work in this neighbourhood, there are quite a few folks who seem to spend weeks in their pjs:( Such a shame they have no self respect left. Given how many dodgy characters are around they need to think about personal safety.
There's no way I would walk around like that unless my home caught fire in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
This is excellent information! Thank you so much for taking the time to type it all out. I added these directions to my vacation binder. Thanks again!

Glad to be able to help. When we travel (I'm the driver), I use my map app on my phone and try to visualize what is along the way. If you look at a map (several times) the night before you are driving there, and read the directions, I don't think you will have any problems. Again any questions, I'll do my best to answer. Have a great vacation!

Unfortunately, no. I'm not sure how readily available these refill pods are at stores because I have never looked, but I know some people have ordered some online.

Here are the pictures from the FAQ Post and blah, blah, blah...- this was my very first post to this forum: (ETA, actually Post 14, Other Useful Info)

"What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?"

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg
Coffeepod.jpg

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)

:coffee:

I think the renovated studios have 10 cup coffee pots now.

Hey guys! So I wanted to put in a room request and I'm not really sure what to ask for. I'd like to be close to the lounge, but is there a specific view or section you feel is worth asking for? Thanks for your help!!!

Also wanted to ask... To anyone who has been to BC CL recently, have you noticed any cutbacks that have been stated on the CL board? Thanks!!!

Last edited:
natebenma - Our room was 3126 with Skipper Salty aka Captain Creepy!

I believe @Scott MC saw him in Room 3085.

So either there are more of him or he moves from room to room.

Isn't that a comforting thought?

Wonder if they will try to sell the pictures when (if) they get rid of them during the renovation. Or maybe hang him in the Haunted Mansion...

:hmghost:

page 509-511

Hi there!!! 15 more days!! Of those that have stayed club level water view, did you request a certain room or pool vs. lake view?

We generally recommend that guests request the attributes they want in a room in words instead of asking for a particular room number. If you ask for a room number, and that room is occupied during your stay, the room assigner may not know the reasons that room appealed to you.

As you mentioned, you can request pool view or lagoon view- check out the Yacht Club Room View thread on the Resorts Community subforum to see some samples of views from the YC CL WV category to see if one of those appeals to you more than another.

There is one room (5163) in YC CL WV that does not have a full balcony. Personally, I would add "room with full balcony" if I booked that category at the Yacht Club.

:goodvibes

I recently ordered Folger pods from Staples.com for our trip earlier this month. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for that!!!

:surfweb:

I think the renovated studios have 10 cup coffee pots now.

Thank you!!!

I didn't know if we had confirmation on that or not. I haven't updated the info yet, obviously.

Hey guys! So I wanted to put in a room request and I'm not really sure what to ask for. I'd like to be close to the lounge, but is there a specific view or section you feel is worth asking for? Thanks for your help!!!

Also wanted to ask... To anyone who has been to BC CL recently, have you noticed any cutbacks that have been stated on the CL board? Thanks!!!

What category did you book (Standard View, Garden View or Water View)?

When I have a stay at the Beach Club, my primary request is for a full balcony. About 3/4 of the rooms at the BC CL have full balconies, the rest have the smaller Juliet standing balconies. So your request might be "Close to Lounge, please. Full Balcony, if possible"

:thumbsup2

I know this might sound stupid but how do you use the pods? I have never used any before.

No, totally not a stupid question. I had the same concerns about using the pod machine before my stay.

As best I remember, you just take the pod out of the wrapper, open the top to the machine and place the pod in a small filterish basket. Add water to the machine. Place cup underneath. Hit the button to start the brew.

A lot of people use bottled water in the machine because they don't like Orlando water. I don't have an issue with it so I just use tap water.

I think those are the steps. Anyone have anything to add. I am now blanking on whether you can make two cups at the same time but for some reason I think it is just one.

I usually set this up the night before so I can just hit the button.

"I can make coffee in my sleep!"

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary Everyone!!!

In the past year, we have survived being locked for reasons still unknown (thus starting this version of the thread a year ago), being moved to the Resorts Community Subforum and being dubbed/renamed a Social Club.

Thanks to all who contribute here to make this one of the friendliest, funniest and most active forums on the DIS!

party:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter