Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

Speaking of Page 1, there are very detailed posts on a variety of resort topics on the first page of the thread. I update these frequently, whenever I have new info or pictures to share. Post 12 is all about Club Level. There are links to pictures of some of the food offerings there from Feb 2016 and July 2015.

To the best of my knowledge, there is not a published menu available in advance of what is offered each day. The breakfast and afternoon snacks stay pretty much the same, the evening appetizers have some staple items and some hot items that change daily.

There is also a Club Level info/FAQ page here on the resorts boards. I don't get there very often, this place keeps me busy enough, but you may find additional pictures there.

I will be staying club level at the Yacht Club (pending renovations) in mid October and I will definitely be taking and posting pictures after my trip.

We also welcome anyone with stays between now and then to share pictures and info. Especially current beer, wine and evening cordial offerings. The current "wine list" and "beer list" I have are from 2012-2013.

:thumbsup2

Thank you all so much for your responses!!! I have been going through and reading this board all day!! I am very excited about our upcoming stay!!!! I didn't know if the pictures on page one were older. So much great info!!!!!

Thanks for offering to add me! Our dates are 11/27-12/2

page 505 and 506

is the Flying Jib open until pool close or is it closed a little earlier?

That's an excellent question! I don't really know the answer. I do remember once going down the slide during Illuminations, on a night in July, so it was open until 9:30 then.

I would love to hear from anyone who has specifics of when the slide closes during their trips.

The times we've stayed at BC and YC, they have closed the slide earlier; maybe sometime early evening?? I don't recall exactly what time.

Returned a few days ago from an awesome 5 night stay at YC. We arrived on Sunday, May 15 at around 11:30am and had no trouble checking in , our room was ready and we were upgraded from garden view to a fantastic lagoon view room! We were celebrating our 30th anniversary so they had pins for us at check in. We wore them for 2 days, had many people congratulating us, however, we did notice that whenever we had the pins on at park entrances we were always the lucky people to be "randomly" selected to go through the metal detectors. Both of us , every time. We stopped wearing them after that, teehee!

Thanks so much for sharing the review of your trip. Glad to hear you had a great time. I appreciate the heads up about the Anniversary buttons. I planned on bringing ours for our 30th anniversary trip, but we may not wear them if we end up attracting additional attention at entry.

::yes::

Just returned from our first ever stay at YC Club level. We transferred after 7 days at POR so I couild show DH and DD we don't need a dining plan or a Princess Room to have a great vacay! haha And WOO-HOO it worked! My DD(6) loved the lounge and the room! We will be staying there next year as well! Time to start planning ;)

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful trip and that you have converted your family to love the YC CL.

Regarding issues with walterandrosiecandlecompany:

FYI- That was the previous owner-- their candles ship now within days of ordering.

:welcome: to the thread!!!

I see your ticker with a trip in 6 days.

Unless this is an old ticker and your trip was a year ago.

:sad1:

Both YC gift shop and marketplace have wine. Not always exactly the same ones, but similar. Roughly $18-25 variety, and not much more mark up than your local package store. You can also buy in Epcot (France or Italy work well) to have better selection. Not crazy expensive. I think they have to send it to gate for you to take to hotel. They don't want you carrying glass bottle around.
Beer is oddly expensive at the gift shops. Some folks will wander over to the Gas station to get beer at a normal price, across from Boardwalk resort. Boardwalk gift shop has other wine choices, so that might be worth a walk over.

Here's a tip someone posted here- if you are making a beer run over the Gas station formerly known as Hess (now either Speedway or Safeway), bring a rolling luggage cart to make carrying back the six packs easier.

Genius!!

:idea:

O.K. I did not know his name was Skipper Salty. Every morning I would wake up and say Good Morning Captain Creepy (my personal nickname for him, lol!) Sorry, I hope he goes when they rehab the rooms.

:sail:

Either name works.

Do you know what room you were in? I have the room number where ScottMC stayed with him. I think it was the 3rd floor.

@tarak- do you remember your room number?

I wonder how many of the YC rooms currently have him hanging on the wall. Hopefully not many and hopefully not for long!

:rotfl2:

Well here is my overall report of the trip.

*snip*

We had breakfast at Captains Grille. Ugh. I told them I wasnt taking the wheelchair into the rest. but its obvious I would have some walking issues. They take us to a table way in the back. Dh stops them along the way and says we want something closer. This was an issue at several other places too. Our server was, um, annoying. I am not a morning person and its probably the only time dh and I get to spend time by ourselves most of the year. I think the server finally got the hint that we would prefer not to talk. He kept doing this to his other tables too. I watched the guy next to us who preferred his cell phone over the server, lol. Also I know there used to be a chef who made omelets, no more? The blueberries were not fresh, they were frozen. Not a banana in sight.

Oh and I really, really miss Teena.

*snip*

Thank you so much for the review of your trip.

That makes me really angry to read about your experience at restaurants. Sometimes I think people just aren't paying attention, but there is no excuse for not noticing that a closer table and less walking would be preferably to you. Even if a section of the place is closed, they should go out of their way to make the CUSTOMER comfortable.

Can't say I blame you for missing Teena. Totally understand!!!

:grouphug:

oops, my post didnt go with the picture, but I wanted to say that is so funny you posted the monkey picture. Dh and I were sitting next to the monkey while we were waiting for our town car.

Of course I asked dh if the monkey creeped him out and he said no why.

I told him I felt like I was suddenly in the Jumanji movie!

But it looks like everyone in this picture has nothing but love for the monkey. I am partial to the big globe.

The four of us in the pictures were travelling together as The Orange Banded Monkeysso of course we needed to get our picture taken with this lamp. I am glad to hear the lamp is still appearing in the lobby. I fear it is in danger of going missing like the celebrated "Fish Lamp" of the Beach Club.

:lmao:

Last edited:

Hi there!!! 15 more days!! Of those that have stayed club level water view, did you request a certain room or pool vs. lake view?

Hi there!!! 15 more days!! Of those that have stayed club level water view, did you request a certain room or pool vs. lake view?

If you can, please take some pictures of the food/drink offerings!! Thanks! Have a great trip!

Quick question about the coffee makers at the YC - I know they are Cuisinart pod makers. By pod, does that mean K cups?

Quick question about the coffee makers at the YC - I know they are Cuisinart pod makers. By pod, does that mean K cups?

Unfortunately, no. I'm not sure how readily available these refill pods are at stores because I have never looked, but I know some people have ordered some online.

Here are the pictures from the FAQ Post and blah, blah, blah...- this was my very first post to this forum: (ETA, actually Post 14, Other Useful Info)

"What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?"

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg
Coffeepod.jpg

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)

:coffee:

Last edited:
page 507-509

We just got back from 8 nights at the YC, I'll try to do a quick review of the hotel portion of our trip. Overall it was a great trip - we loved Stormalong Bay, the rain and storms always happened at good times for our schedule, and we had no big family fights :D! We booked a standard club level room.

Amazing, amazing detailed review!!!

I'll comment in more detail in a separate post once I catch up here, but thank you so much!

:worship:

Any thoughts on whether the afternoon tea at the Solarium will likely be extended or is this just a limited event? Trying to decide between that or the GF tea in December. Thanks!

Don't know.

Hopefully, they will announce by the time you are able to book. If not, you could always book the GF tea and if the tea at the resort is extended, you could cancel.

::yes::

I booked Yacht Club from 8/24 to 8/30 with a garden view before they announced the upcoming renovations. My hubby likes to sleep in and join us in the afternoon. I'm just wondering how much noise there might be in the mornings. We love YC and SAB but when we're paying $4,500+ I don't want my hubby to be unhappy about the noise levels.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

We suspect that the work will start with the club level rooms on the 5th floor. It is possible that some of the 4th floor rooms below where they are doing work might experience some noise, so if you may want to ask for a room on a lower floor or if you are disturbed during your stay, you can respectfully ask for a room change.

:cool2:

HI, everyone. I'm making my annual early summer return to this board in anticipation of our late August trip to the BC! This year we are combining with a three night stay at Contemporary. We like mixing a MK area resort for a couple of nights then a relaxing vacation at BC! We are staying club level again (thank you, pin code!). Last year we booked club level garden view and ended up with a full balcony overlooking the boardwalk that was relatively close to the lounge. I could not have asked for a better room. This year, GV was not available when I booked and I want to maximize the likelihood of a close to lounge room with a not awful view. What do you experts suggest? Upgrade to lagoon view? or make requests?

Great to be back on this board! All your posts make me really excited for our trip!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Personally, I would save the money and skip the view because we spend most waking hours at the parks or pool.

The BC CL SV rooms close to the lounge will be overlooking the resort front entrance parking lot. We stayed in one of those rooms and didn't find the view terrible. Except that there was a ginormous tree that blocked our view so we had to look right or look left of the trunk. We could see some of the Illuminations fireworks and had a nice, but distant view of the MK fireworks. I have some pictures of the views from this room (and other BC CL rooms) in the Beach Club View Thread in the Resorts Community subforum.

As everyone gets ready for Memorial Day weekend, and the unofficial start of summer, I just want to use this thread to ask my fellow DISers to keep in mind the true meaning behind the holiday. I’ve “met” many of you on here who are veterans or are serving. Many others have someone dear to you that have been or are currently in service to our country.

To those brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice, we remember you, we honor you and we thank you.

This!

I extend my sincere thanks and admiration to everyone who has served or is serving in the military. And to their families for their sacrifices.

:thanks:

Unfortunately, no. I'm not sure how readily available these refill pods are at stores because I have never looked, but I know some people have ordered some online.

Here are the pictures from the FAQ Post and blah, blah, blah...- this was my very first post to this forum:

"What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?"

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg
Coffeepod.jpg

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)

:coffee:

Thank you! I knew I'd seen a pic before but could not find it for some reason.

Does anyone have any good driving directions to Beach Club once we enter Disney property? We are coming from the Atlanta area, if that makes a difference. We always fly but decided to drive this trip so we can do some site-seeing along the way. I'm hoping Disney World is easy to navigate. DH and I can be directionally challenged. :crazy2:

Does anyone have any good driving directions to Beach Club once we enter Disney property? We are coming from the Atlanta area, if that makes a difference. We always fly but decided to drive this trip so we can do some site-seeing along the way. I'm hoping Disney World is easy to navigate. DH and I can be directionally challenged. :crazy2:

We are also an EXTREMELY directionally challenged family. Second generation (maybe more) for me. And it has been awhile since we have driven at the World, but I believe it is extremely easy to navigate the WDW roads. LOTS of signage, really cute purple signs with mouse ears. One group actually dressed as WDW road signs for MNSSHP one year.

Follow the signs to EPCOT resorts and then to BC .

:car:

Only 2,419,200 seconds to go before we're on the plane and heading to the YC! 2,419,199 ... 2,419,198 ... okay, 28 days!! I really have nothing of value to add to this conversation but just wanted to share my excitement!

When I began planning for this trip for my family a couple of months ago it didn't take long to become a bit ... disenchanted shall we say? There was so much negativity on the boards at that time with all the news about price increases, CM hour cutbacks and perceived reduced customer service, Shanghai, etc. etc. etc. Through all of that this thread always seemed to remain immune to the negativity and provided a safe haven to come back to to regenerate the excitement of our upcoming trip. Thank you so much Dee and everyone else who's contributed!! Now it seems, for the most part, the negativity on the boards has blown over and people are more focused on the Magical side of a Disney trip again.

So am I back with an incredibly high excitement level again? :yay::yay::yay: 2,419,197 ... 2,419,196 ...

We are also an EXTREMELY directionally challenged family. Second generation (maybe more) for me. And it has been awhile since we have driven at the World, but I believe it is extremely easy to navigate the WDW roads. LOTS of signage, really cute purple signs with mouse ears. One group actually dressed as WDW road signs for MNSSHP one year.

Follow the signs to EPCOT resorts and then to BC .

:car:

This is very encouraging to read! We'll follow the signs to EPCOT and hopefully make it the BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter