Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Here's the description in case you missed it...

I stayed in newly renovated room 343 at the Beach Club Villas and I took lots of photos, since i was unable to find any online. We loved the new room!

Updates...
Smaller coffee table and side chairs meant more space in room.
Fold down twin size bed was awesome, my 13-year-old could have stayed in there all week. Fold it up and it becomes a table.
Four sets of 2 drawers, one set on either side of TV, a set in the nightstand, and a set in the oval coffee table.
Motion-controlled exhaust fan in bathroom (no more timer).
Many outlets and 4 USB hubs (two under TV and two on nightstand.
An extra towel bar in bathroom.
Shower tiles are large, less grout to clean. They are a sandy color and texture. Also a nice shelf up high in shower.
Ceiling fan in main room replaced with a light.
Very nice lamps (three of them), and a set of sconces over the bed.
TV is HUGE, maybe 55"? Not sure.
Pull out couch bed is not as comfortable as the old one, but still nice.
There is a small mirror on the side of the bed, hangs too high. They need a full length mirror!
Lighted make-up mirror attached to wall (normal on one side, 5x magnification on the other).
Lighting is a little dimmer in sink area, but not bad.
Closet door is the same old folding one... so hard to open. Even the one in our other room across the hall was hard to open.
Safe got a little deeper.
Marble vanity with a shelf underneath.
Kitchen is about the same, painted white. The room is painted a blue gray, nice and neutral.
The best part is there is a ceramic wood-grain floor in the entry, which stops as you enter the bed area. I always felt like the carpet in the old rooms was goody, especially near the kitchenette and vanity. The flooring is very pretty!

Thank you @iLOVEartLARK for your persererance in getting these BCV studio pictures posted! :thumbsup2

My only "complaint/comment" is I wish the side table and chairs were a little bigger. How will I have room for the custom cake set up from Fine Dining and champagne? Such problems... ;)

Thank you @iLOVEartLARK for your persererance in getting these BCV studio pictures posted! :thumbsup2

My only "complaint/comment" is I wish the side table and chairs were a little bigger. How will I have room for the custom cake set up from Fine Dining and champagne? Such problems... ;)
They are smaller, but when you pull out both beds you can now sneak by your kids in the morning to have coffee on the deck without bumping into those big old wicker chairs and sharp-cornered coffee table!

By the way, beware of the gold fixture on the murphy bed. It is sharp, and at knee level! I got a pretty nice bruise from it. I am positive they will remove it after they get enough complaints.IMG_6337.jpg

Here's the description in case you missed it...

I stayed in newly renovated room 343 at the Beach Club Villas and I took lots of photos, since i was unable to find any online. We loved the new room!

Adding my thanks! Like you said, there have not been many pictures posted online and this is the first time I have seen the Murphy Bed.

Your pictures and description are very helpful!

::yes::

I have family staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge this week. They have had two days of character meets in the resort. Anything like that at Beach Club?

Post 15,000!!!

Of course, I want this milestone post to be here.

Just a quick sappy post to say that in the 7 years since my first stay at the Beach Club, I never could have dreamed how important this place would become to me, or how thankful I am for all of the wonderful friends who have come into my life since then.

~Dee

:grouphug:

Dang Dee. You have so much talent you could have chosen ************.com or the blog with ***************.com. But you chose the DIS. And and turned it into THE BEST INFORMATION SOURCE on the DIS.
Thanks for all you've done and all you continue to do to make people's trips better (and keep us entertained).
Great job my friend

Dang Dee. You have so much talent you could have chosen ************.com or the blog with ***************.com. But you chose the DIS. And and turned it into THE BEST INFORMATION SOURCE on the DIS.
Thanks for all you've done and all you continue to do to make people's trips better (and keep us entertained).
Great job my friend

And not for nuthin'- since I'm a numbers gal... I love that your post was #10,000 on Page 500 here.

And history, too: We are approaching the one-year anniversary of this thread: May 30.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
For anyone interested in June Star Wars dessert parties at DHS, they're open for booking! I just booked mine for June 24. It will be nice to see the fireworks, then stroll back to the Beach Club while everyone else tries to cram into the parking lot. ;)

I have family staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge this week. They have had two days of character meets in the resort. Anything like that at Beach Club?

That will happen randomly at just about every WDW resort. Especially if it's a bad weather day.

What are the chances of getting a newly renovated studio room in the villas? i rented points, and had my agent put a new room request on my reservation. Since I am unable to do this myself, there is no way for me to check or make sure it's there, other than her telling me she did it. Approx. how many rooms have been renovated are available now? We're checking in next sat may 28 thank you!

What are the chances of getting a newly renovated studio room in the villas? i rented points, and had my agent put a new room request on my reservation. Since I am unable to do this myself, there is no way for me to check or make sure it's there, other than her telling me she did it. Approx. how many rooms have been renovated are available now? We're checking in next sat may 28 thank you!

We check in June 7th--and I have been wondering these same things for the last month!! I think that rooms x39-x52 are done on all the floors. I am pretty sure the 553-566 are done, but not sure about the other x53-x78 rooms. I do know that was the section of rooms that are being worked on. I was sure hoping that they would all be done--and the construction of the last set of room would be started--meaning that we would for sure be in a renovated room!!

I was just there last week. I stayed on the third floor (343), in a newly renovated room. All of the rooms in the wing that points to Epcot (woods views -39 to -52) are remodeled. If you were in Dunes Cove Pool (the quiet pool) looking at the resort, and split the resort right down the middle, the entire left half of the building (-38 to -78) is being renovated (as evidenced by the construction workers in neon bright shirt, peeping out the windows at the sun-bathers). The whole right side is old decor. Not sure about rooms -19 to -24 in the teeny hallway that points toward the BCV. I had family in 516, 527, and 331 and they were all old decor. When you walk down the hallway and get halfway through the building there is a big white wall hiding the construction.BCV-Floor-3.gif

Correction, they are renovating rooms -38 and rooms -53 to -78...

not -38 to -78. Sorry.

-38 is right next to -54 for some reason.

That map is really helpful! Our family of six is planning a trip around 2018 or 2019. Well, I'm planning one and my husband will sigh heavily and give in. We usually rent points because it's just crazy expensive to stay on-site. We had a 2 BR villa at AKV in January and the space was wonderful. I think I've talked him into BCV for our next trip. Most likely because it's far enough in the future he can just nod and pretend he cares so I stop talking about a vacation that's several years away. I can get a general idea of where the 2 BR lock-offs would be on the 3rd floor. I think they have dedicated 2 BR villas, but it doesn't matter to me which type of room we have. I'm planning three nights at one of the Dark Side hotels, then moving to the BCV for seven days. I really missed being able to walk to Epcot from our room when we were at the Poly earlier this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter