Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

BCV renovated 1 Bedroom Villa, April 2016

Here are some pictures from another Disney forum, posted with permission from the person who stayed in the room:

kitchen%20g.jpg

living%20room%20g.jpg

Comments:
A lot of storage space
There is a storage chest/coffee table in front of the couch that needs to be moved whenever you use the sofa bed- will probably scratch the floor unless guests lift it when they move it.

bedroom1%20g.jpg

bedroom%20g.jpg

Comments:
A lot of storage space
Too many USB outlets to count

bathroom%20g.jpg

shower%20g.jpg

Comments:
As previously discussed, the tubs are regular soaking, not jetted tubs
The doorway to the left of the sink is the closet, which is large, but the door can't swing out because it would hit the sink, so it opens to the inside. If you put a suitcase in there, you can't open and close the door.
Window that used to be in between the bathroom and master bedroom has now been walled up.

mattress%20g.jpg

Sofa bed- couch cushions must be removed. Mattress is in 3 sections. Comfy and solid.

Last edited:
BCV renovated 1 Bedroom Villa, April 2016

Here are some pictures from another Disney forum, posted with permission from the person who stayed in the room:

kitchen%20g.jpg

living%20room%20g.jpg

Comments:
A lot of storage space
There is a storage chest/coffee table in front of the couch that needs to be moved whenever you use the sofa bed- will probably scratch the floor guests scoot it across the floor instead of lifting it when they move it.

bedroom1%20g.jpg

bedroom%20g.jpg

Comments:
A lot of storage space
Too many USB outlets to count

bathroom%20g.jpg

shower%20g.jpg

Comments:
As previously discussed, the tubs are regular soaking, not jetted tubs
The doorway to the left of the sink is the closet, which is large, but the door can't swing out because it would hit the sink, so it opens to the inside. If you put a suitcase in there, you can't open and close the door.
Window that used to be in between the bathroom and master bedroom has now been walled up.

mattress%20g.jpg

Sofa bed- couch cushions must be removed. Mattress is in 3 sections. Comfy and solid.

So hope we get a renovated room when we go in September.

Going to do online check-in for BCV. Woods view or canal view? I've been looking at pictures, but can't decide.

I think you'd have more of a view if you requested canal view. We stayed at BCV once and had a woods view. We could see the rooftop of one building in Future World. At night we could see some fireworks, too. Other than that it wasn't much of a view and there is a service road that goes by and we could hear the cars.

I really dislike the BCV 1 BR Villa Bathroom. I enjoyed both the opening into the Master & the a jacuzzi tub. I really dislike the lack of vanity storage.
There are no great views at the BCV but we have been happy with whatever we had.
All that said, I still love my BCV. :rotfl2:

Last edited:

Can anyone confirm the current situation with tubes at SAB? The "official" post at the beginning of this thread states "Single and Double tubes for the lazy river and pool are now available in the water up for grabs without a rental fee." However, I have seen many other websites with Disney info still saying that there is a rental fee (that information may well be out-dated, but I just wanted to confirm). Thanks in advance!

Can anyone confirm the current situation with tubes at SAB? The "official" post at the beginning of this thread states "Single and Double tubes for the lazy river and pool are now available in the water up for grabs without a rental fee." However, I have seen many other websites with Disney info still saying that there is a rental fee (that information may well be out-dated, but I just wanted to confirm). Thanks in advance!

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming stay at the resort?

I believe the info on this thread is correct. I can personally confirm there was no fee for the use of tubes in August 2014 and August 2015. No problem with availability, either. I have not seen anyone reporting any changes to that policy since my last trip.

Float away, freely!

:fish:

This might be a strange question: Does anyone know if housekeeping has foam toppers for the beds at YC? I have an injury to my spine that causes nerve pain when I sleep on some hotel beds. On the DCL, they brought me one w/out me having to make a prior accommodation or request. Anyone know if I can request one? Too big to fit into a suit case. Just wondering, and thanks!

I have seen people mention getting them from housekeeping. This was on the disabilities forum so you may want to ask there. I believe there is a special phone number to request them.

Also, on the disabilities board I believe many have discussed the best place to get distilled water for the c-pap machines. You may want to ask or search around there for the answer.

Thank you for this warm welcome to this thread!!!! Sadly, I do not have an upcoming stay booked. I am a crazy-early planner and am thinking about booking a stay at BCV in May 2017 (renting points). However, true to my screen name, I am also considering some other resorts! BCV is on the pricey side, so I was wondering about tube rental fees because I want to be aware of any additional costs. Thank you again so much for the information!

I don't know if this is just me (new to this thread) but all of the post links in the first post just link me back to the first post. It's not that big a deal, but maybe (if it's not just me) someone wants to fix it so it's easier to get to that information?

I don't know if this is just me (new to this thread) but all of the post links in the first post just link me back to the first post. It's not that big a deal, but maybe (if it's not just me) someone wants to fix it so it's easier to get to that information?

:welcome:

I removed one phantom link, but all of the others I checked on Page 1 were working for me. But I may not be the best one to test this.

Can someone check out a few of the links (in the Table of Contents and a few in the rest of the post) and let me know what's up.

Thanks!

:magnify:

I removed one phantom link, but all of the others I checked on Page 1 were working for me. But I may not be the best one to test this.

Can someone check out a few of the links (in the Table of Contents and a few in the rest of the post) and let me know what's up.

Thanks!

They're working for me. Sometimes my computer gets weird/glitchy and signs me out of the DIS when I click on certain links maybe that's what happened to the OP? (I will not rule out that I am the weird glitch however ;) )

I just tested about 8 links and the only issue I had was #13 - FAQ. It seemed to be reloading all of page 1 and brought me back to the top of the page. Subsequent clicks on #13 brought me right to the appropriate post.

Also, depending on your computer/phone/tablet speed, it tends to "think" for a second or two before it brings you where you want to be...

Hi, All! Spent the weekend scouring this thread!

I was (well, still am) booked at the All Star Sports for August 16 - 25 (HA room) for me and DD, but found a magical deal for the Beach Club Standard View for the same time, so booked it! I know, night and day difference! DD loves the look of the pool (she's never stayed there before) and the nicer overall feel of the resort. I love the look of the rooms now (it's been 20 years since I've stayed here, and the last time it wasn't nice at all really). We both love the whole Epcot resorts area too!

It is $900 more for our 9 nights, so I'm still thinking if free dining comes out, we MAY drop the BC and stay at the All Star Sports (but we already have AP's so we'd have to buy tickets and save them for next year), but I honestly don't know if that will happen! The only plan we'd use is the QSDP anyway, but I wouldn't ever buy it - it's still too much food!

So for now, I'm pretty sold on the BC!

Yeah, I'm indecisive too!

I do think she deserves this - much nicer vacation! She's worked so hard this school year, and last year was so hard on her physically.

Thanks!

It must be something weird with my browser then. I just tried clicking them all again, and they all redirect to this URL:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...rmation-questions-refurb-news-post-1.3400342/

It seems like it tries to go to the post number and then it redirects. So it must be something with me. :crazy2: Oh well, it's not that hard to scroll through, thanks for checking it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter