Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok so just to confirm the renovated studios at BCV can now sleep 5? They will now have a regular bed, couch bed and murphy pull down bed? Just wondering as its myself, DS14 and my sister in law and if we could all have our own beds that would be amazing! If this is the case, should I call and request a refurbed room? Or what are your suggestions on what/how to request? We are only staying in the villas for 1 might before switching over to BC.

Ok so just to confirm the renovated studios at BCV can now sleep 5? They will now have a regular bed, couch bed and murphy pull down bed? Just wondering as its myself, DS14 and my sister in law and if we could all have our own beds that would be amazing! If this is the case, should I call and request a refurbed room? Or what are your suggestions on what/how to request? We are only staying in the villas for 1 might before switching over to BC.
Original answer deleted ;)

Last edited:
Will you be getting a cash reservation through Disney or will it you be buying points? Disney won't let you book a room if it doesn't have a bed for everyone. So if you are booking through Disney they will have to give you a refurbed studio.

I don't think that is correct. A non refurbed studio sleeps 4. 2 on queen bed, 2 on sleeper sofa. I get that isn't what the poster wants, but they only have 3 & will fit in the old studio.

I don't think that is correct. A non refurbed studio sleeps 4. 2 on queen bed, 2 on sleeper sofa. I get that isn't what the poster wants, but they only have 3 & will fit in the old studio.
I didn't notice that. I don't know what I was thinking. That's for the correction. :)

So my honeymoon is officially only one week away! Everything is set and ready to go and the packing has begun! I have one last question that I probably should have asked earlier but it wasn't a top concern. How do they go about assigning guests rooms with king beds? Obviously since it will just be the two of us we wont need two beds in the room and while it's not a necessity it would be nice to get a king bed. Was I supposed to ask for this earlier in my booking somehow? Do you request it when you check in?

As Cluelyss said, call and add it right away. I'd phrase it "king bed please - honeymoon" to make sure they know why. :-)

anyone that has booked with a magical vacations.... how much did you save off rack rate? and if you prefer to PM me you can. We are staying in a DVC studio this april and was thinking ahead to next april and wondering what deals I could score for a regular room at BC!

anyone that has booked with a magical vacations.... how much did you save off rack rate? and if you prefer to PM me you can. We are staying in a DVC studio this april and was thinking ahead to next april and wondering what deals I could score for a regular room at BC!

I sent you a message

Be warned! Once you stay there you are spoiled for life! In 2014 we just thought we'd "treat" ourselves to one stay at BC.........Ha! Like having ONE potato chip!!
Haha this is what I'm afraid of! We usually always stay at POR, but decided to try something new this trip. Oh boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone staying at Beach club this april and scored a deal with Magical vacations? I am just so hopeful we will love it just a little over a week! we will ask for and wait for a new room if we have to!

Beach Club Marketplace, January 2016

DSCF9814.jpg

Resort Merchandise

Resort Prints

DSCF9803.jpg

DSCF9807.jpg

Clothing and Other Merchandise

DSCF9808.jpg

DSCF9804.jpg

DSCF9805.jpg

DSCF9810.jpg

DSCF9813.jpg

DSCF9811.jpg

DSCF9812.jpg

Rapid Refill Mugs

DSCF9825.jpg

DSCF9826.jpg

DSCF9829.jpg

Sample of Snacks and Drinks

DSCF9819.jpg

Note: in this picture you can see cases of water, 24 12oz. bottles of Dasani water, $6.39

DSCF9820.jpg

DSCF9823.jpg

DSCF9824.jpg

DSCF9821.jpg

DSCF9822.jpg

Holy Sticker Shock, Batman!

Pool Noodle

DSCF9429.jpg

Seasonal Purchase: Gingerbread Houses and Gingerbread Shingle

DSCF9815.jpg

DSCF9816.jpg

DSCF9817.jpg

Last edited:
anyone staying at Beach club this april and scored a deal with Magical vacations? I am just so hopeful we will love it just a little over a week! we will ask for and wait for a new room if we have to!

We've stayed at the Y&B club for many years but never with the magical deals. It is a beautiful resort area. Both resorts are relaxing & so convenient to Epcot & DS. YC is our favorite Disney resort. If we couldn't get YC, I'd be very happy at BC. I'm sure you will love it too!

Just an FYI, BC rooms are all renovated. They were done in 2015. They are currently working on BC Villas, so if you are at BC & not the villas, you will get a renovated room.

Have a wonderful vacation!! :goodvibes

bcv studio for us! last 2 aprils it was bwv's so we are trying across the lake! thinking ahead to next april and wondering about booking through magical vacations for a good price. thanks!!!

Just returned from our first stay at the beach club and it was wonderful! Our biggest priority as far as room requests go is quiet, and they honored it. Room 4680 was perfect--away from the elevator and only one room next to us instead of two. Did not want to leave!

This might be a strange question: Does anyone know if housekeeping has foam toppers for the beds at YC? I have an injury to my spine that causes nerve pain when I sleep on some hotel beds. On the DCL, they brought me one w/out me having to make a prior accommodation or request. Anyone know if I can request one? Too big to fit into a suit case. Just wondering, and thanks!

Is there a specific section on this thread for the BCV renovations? I know they started but how far they have gotten? We are there 5/15 to 5/20 1 br,

How are the new beds? Last May we were in a 1br and the king bed was so bad we got air mattresses to sleep on! It was a rock, the 1st 2 noghts we rotated who slept there vs the pull out and all 4 of us decided WAY to hard for anyone-this air mattress. We did call housekeeping and went to front desk-all they did was give us about 4 blankets to put under the sheet as a cushion-that was no help.

I apologize if this is already posted somewhere. I tried a couple different searches.

Does the YC bus stop have the electronic screen that lets you know bus arrival times?

Is there a specific section on this thread for the BCV renovations? I know they started but how far they have gotten? We are there 5/15 to 5/20 1 br,

How are the new beds? Last May we were in a 1br and the king bed was so bad we got air mattresses to sleep on! It was a rock, the 1st 2 noghts we rotated who slept there vs the pull out and all 4 of us decided WAY to hard for anyone-this air mattress. We did call housekeeping and went to front desk-all they did was give us about 4 blankets to put under the sheet as a cushion-that was no help.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Yes, the very first post of this thread is updated with the most recent BCV renovation news. A couple of days ago, I posted info about which rooms have been completed (one wing, from the 5th floor to the 1st floor)

We have not had any direct reports from anyone who has stayed in one of the new room. So, unfortunately, we don't have any info on the beds/mattresses since the refurb.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
I apologize if this is already posted somewhere. I tried a couple different searches.

Does the YC bus stop have the electronic screen that lets you know bus arrival times?

We have not received reports that the electronic bus screens are at the YC. Hopfully a recent guest of the YC can give a confirmation.

:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!