Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions about on-line check in (not sure we should do it). I still have unanswered questions maybe someone can help me with: I wasn't sure what to request on on-line check in if we do it. I just don't want to be far away from an exit (stairs are fine) bc we don't like walking a country mile in the long wings; Can someone tell me, for YC, are there several stairways or "secret exits"; are there maps anyone can point me to? Should I just call or fax in this request? We don't necessarily need to be near the lobby or elevator, but we would like to be able to enter/exit through a stair way so that we can walk outside rather than in a long windy corridor. Thank you in advance!
I called in this exact request, and got it. I phrased it as "we want to be close to an external exit. We don't care about the lobby or transportation, just want to be able to walk outside as directly as possible." We ended up very close to the lobby, actually, but also a couple doors from an external exit. I am glad to know I am not the only one who thinks this way!

Does anyone know the latest on the BCV renovations? Checking in on the 14th and wondering what the chances are for a new room!

One wing of the villas has been completely renovated, from the 5th floor down to the 1st floor. If you go to the first post on Page 1, it describes where the rooms are that have been completed. So you could look at the floor plans (Post 10) and count up the number of rooms done vs. the remaining ones to be done.

:)

This just gave me a great idea for my daughter's birthday. Her birthday is next Friday and we'll be at heading to the YC in late June. She'd love to have a scented candle reminder to get her ready (we were also there last August). I'll have to check out B&BW for this "special little extra"!
Check out their plug ins too!

Does anyone know how much they charge for the s'mores that they have by the fire pit. I have two 9 year olds who could eat a few. Wondering if it is cheaper to just bring my own stuff. Thanks!! 34 days and counting:fish:
As others have mentioned, the marshmallows are free. You can buy the other ingredients in the Marketplace but it would be cheaper to bring your own from home. :)

In early September, does anyone know what time the campfires would be? Is it right before the movies? Same place as movies?
You'll have to check the activity schedule for that month since the campfire and movie times vary by the month. They have also changed the schedule so that they don't have a campfire every day. There are usually three days a week without a campfire but you would have to check the schedule for your month to be sure of the days and times.

The campfire is located near the movie. They will have the campfire for an hour then they will start the movie when it gets dark. There is usually a time gap between the two activities. They probably don't want people roasting marshmallows in the dark. :)

Does anyone know how much they charge for the s'mores that they have by the fire pit. I have two 9 year olds who could eat a few. Wondering if it is cheaper to just bring my own stuff. Thanks!! 34 days and counting:fish:

I seem to remember paying around $9/10 for a smores kit back in 2013 It had enough for 4 smores

Beach Club Villa vs. Boardwalk Villa Comparison, for Page 1 Post 16

I asked this same question on the Boardwalk thread. For those of you who have stayed in the BCV and the BWV, do you have a preference? I hadn't really considered the BW before because I love having a sandy beach wherever I stay, but after finding out how difficult it is to get a 2BR at BCV during F&W I started looking for other options. Everyone seems to love the BW for location, the slide, and the ambience. The 2BRs are all lock-offs, but other than that and the lack of a beach, (and that scary clown), I am having trouble finding negatives. Not that I want to! I just was wondering if someone who has experienced both could give me their opinions. I will consider myself lucky if I can get either one when the time comes!

I've stayed in a Studio at BCV & a 1BR at BWV. I really think is 6 of one, half dozen of the other.
SAB is the "best" pool on property, but you do have to exit the main area to go to the slide (which I think will be problematic for my family/ages of my kids). I enjoy the lazy river/deep loop in SAB, but that's really just a short fun few minutes for me and a danger to my kids.
I think there is a slight edge on BWV for better access to QS with the Bakery vs. the Marketplace at BC.
BCV is closer to EP, but BWV is closer to DHS so that really equals out.
We need to alter our dates for our August 2016 trip. I'm currently booked at BC, but if I have to end up switching to BW, I really won't mind.
The only thing that I can think of that might be "worse" at BWV is that I'm not sure exactly how the buses are. I know if you stay at BCV the bus goes to YC first, then BC. At BWV, I think it shares with Swalphin, but I'm not sure what the order is.

If you want to add these thoughts to my comparison you may:
I'm noticing how the feature Clown pool is actually at BWV and not BWI.
I was a bit upset to see the reformed BC rooms as looking more "high end hotel" and less "Disney Deluxe", but now that I'm looking at photos of the BWI rooms, I'll take the less magical BC rooms any day! (BWI rooms have dark spindle post bed, green carpet and pink sofa. I'm not really a hotel snob, but YUCK!) Oh well, a gaudy room at Disney is better than sleeping in my own room at home! ;-)

I have stayed in both as well. I agree with a lot of what the PP said.
That said, I prefer the BCV for their proximity to WS in Epcot. We spend a lot of time in Epcot and no where near as much time at DHS.
I agree you can't go wrong with either.
Enjoy

I have stayed at both. I will stay at BWV (because I like the Epcot resort area), but only if BCV is not available. For me, it's about the atmosphere. The Beach Club Resort says, "Stay here and relax." The Boardwalk Resort says, "Get out." The reason I feel that way about the Boardwalk Resort is:

(1) You have to exit the hotel and go down to the Boardwalk itself to get to the gift shop and restaurants; at Beach Club the gift shop and restaurants are within the hotel.

(2) Beach Club has many places to relax in addition to the lobby, such as the two rooms (whose names I can never remember) off the BCV lobby and the Solarium (when not being used for Tea). Boardwalk has no such places other than the lobby.

(3) The BCV quiet pool is lovely. The BWV quiet pool is not lovely.

(4) BoardWalk Resort has a reputation for calling your room early on the morning of your departure day, to make sure you are up and leave on time. You might think you have paid to be undisturbed in your room until check out time; hotel management thinks otherwise.

(5) Also, on a hot, sunny day, the walk between BCV and Epcot is much more pleasant than the walk between BWV and Epcot. The sun really beats off that boardwalk.

(6) My personal experience has been that my BCV room is sometimes available before the designated check-in time. My BWV room is never available until after the designated check-in time, sometimes 90 minutes after.

So my honeymoon is officially only one week away! Everything is set and ready to go and the packing has begun! I have one last question that I probably should have asked earlier but it wasn't a top concern. How do they go about assigning guests rooms with king beds? Obviously since it will just be the two of us we wont need two beds in the room and while it's not a necessity it would be nice to get a king bed. Was I supposed to ask for this earlier in my booking somehow? Do you request it when you check in?

So my honeymoon is officially only one week away! Everything is set and ready to go and the packing has begun! I have one last question that I probably should have asked earlier but it wasn't a top concern. How do they go about assigning guests rooms with king beds? Obviously since it will just be the two of us we wont need two beds in the room and while it's not a necessity it would be nice to get a king bed. Was I supposed to ask for this earlier in my booking somehow? Do you request it when you check in?
Call the resort and have it added to your reservation ASAP (number in 1st post). Rooms are assigned 3-4 days out, so you still have time! And upon checkin, ask if your room does, in fact, have a king, and if not, ask if there are any available that do. They will always try to accommodate you if possible. Have a great trip!!!

Are the smores and campfire really just a kids activity? We're in our mid 20s and would love to do smores on our trip but I totally get it if it's a kids activity.

Are the smores and campfire really just a kids activity? We're in our mid 20s and would love to do smores on our trip but I totally get it if it's a kids activity.

Everyone is a kid while at Disney, right? ::MickeyMo

I have not done this, but there are families, with adults who are toasting marshmallows. I don't see anything wrong with you joining in on the fun.

:thumbsup2

Well we were pixie dusted a little bit! We had sent an email to guest services about our less than stellar familymoon experience. We didn't expect anything at all, just wanted to let Disney know there were a few things that should probably be looked at. After all, if you don't say anything, they'll never know right? Anyways, I got a lovely letter from them saying they are so sorry and would love to offer us 2 nights free at any deluxe of our choice and a $200 gift card. I am blown away!!! Disney has definitely shown our family that famous customer service that keeps us coming back.

So we did tweak our holiday dates. We've always wanted to sample the monorail resorts, but didn't want to pay more and not be at our favourite, beach club. So we are now arrive Mother's Day weekend 2017 (May13-15) and will be spending those days taking in the resort at grand Floridian, no parks. Then moving over to beach club to start our parks trip for our usual 8 nights! So May 15-23. I'm so excited!! We thought about using it to reduce our cost for our trip, but then figured, what the heck, we have the trip budgeted for, let's add those two days instead ;).

In our quest to try all the deluxe resorts (and thanks to a wonderful TA discount), we decided to do a split stay this summer.

Dee...please adjust our dates on the BOG list when you can. We will now be at the BC from 8/10-8/15, then we visit the "creepy clown" across the way for the remainder of our trip :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter