Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

what wing is completed? Is that the side that faces the villa pool? or opposite side? I want to be prepared on what to ask when I get to the desk.

what wing is completed? Is that the side that faces the villa pool? or opposite side? I want to be prepared on what to ask when I get to the desk.

Based on the room numbers provided in other posts, the wing that is completed has no villa pool facing rooms and is on the "woods / Epcot" side. If you're familiar with the BCV floor layout it's the wing you access taking a right just past the ice machines if you're coming from the BCV main lobby. It appears the latest room numbers given for renovations are the ones on the wing that is furthest from the main lobby.

Last edited:

Here's a photo review of the Beach Club's refurbished Newport Suite. I never stay in these fancy suites, but I really enjoy checking them out. (Just like I love to check out new model homes, even though I'm not in the market.)

Apologies if this is a repeat. I haven't been following this thread much lately, but I did check back a few pages.

FABULOUS!!!

Thank you so much for sharing.

Would you mind if I linked your post to the front page of this thread, and to the Beach Club Deluxe/Suites thread?

:goodvibes

Wowza! So beautiful! We stayed in the Nantucket Suite before renovations, and I would LOVE to see how that turned out!

Fittings & Fairings Gift Shop at the Yacht Club, September 2015

WP_20150901_043.jpg

WP_20150901_044.jpg

WP_20150901_045.jpg

WP_20150901_042.jpg

WP_20150901_046.jpg

WP_20150901_041.jpg

From the Outside, looking in…

WP_20150901_040.jpg

WP_20150901_039.jpg

WP_20150901_047.jpg

WP_20150901_048.jpg

WP_20150901_050.jpg

WP_20150901_052.jpg

WP_20150901_053.jpg

WP_20150901_055.jpg

WP_20150901_056.jpg

Come inside- Continued in Next Post

Last edited:

Has there been any confirmation or update about resort CM's being able to make a 4th reservation for you via text if you are staying in club level?

Thanks!!

I don't know if it has changed since summer--when we checked in, we were told absolutely no, there was no fast pass reservations made by text.

However when I texted the CM and said, "Before I wait in line at a kiosk, can you tell me if there is availability for ride X at Y time?" they made the FP reservation for me. We continued our conversations like that and it went wonderfully well. The CM also converted our AK FP to anytime FPs when an extended lightening storm disrupted our plans there. Once the weather cleared up, we zipped over, raced through the 3 rides we wanted to do and exited.

So I think it is as clear as pea soup what the policy truly is.

Has there been any confirmation or update about resort CM's being able to make a 4th reservation for you via text if you are staying in club level?

Thanks!!

I don't know if it has changed since summer--when we checked in, we were told absolutely no, there was no fast pass reservations made by text.

However when I texted the CM and said, "Before I wait in line at a kiosk, can you tell me if there is availability for ride X at Y time?" they made the FP reservation for me. We continued our conversations like that and it went wonderfully well. The CM also converted our AK FP to anytime FPs when an extended lightening storm disrupted our plans there. Once the weather cleared up, we zipped over, raced through the 3 rides we wanted to do and exited.

So I think it is as clear as pea soup what the policy truly is.

I emailed the IPO asking about the 4th fast pass a few days ago. We have upcoming stays at YC and BWI.

I asked: Is there a number for CL guests at the Epcot resorts to call for a 4th fastpass?
They answered: Once you check in, you'll receive the club level's contact information and you can call that number in order to receive a 4th FastPass.

It was good to hear it's available. I'll give it a try in a couple of weeks.

I asked this same question on the Boardwalk thread. For those of you who have stayed in the BCV and the BWV, do you have a preference? I hadn't really considered the BW before because I love having a sandy beach wherever I stay, but after finding out how difficult it is to get a 2BR at BCV during F&W I started looking for other options. Everyone seems to love the BW for location, the slide, and the ambience. The 2BRs are all lock-offs, but other than that and the lack of a beach, (and that scary clown), I am having trouble finding negatives. Not that I want to! I just was wondering if someone who has experienced both could give me their opinions. I will consider myself lucky if I can get either one when the time comes!

I asked this same question on the Boardwalk thread. For those of you who have stayed in the BCV and the BWV, do you have a preference? I hadn't really considered the BW before because I love having a sandy beach wherever I stay, but after finding out how difficult it is to get a 2BR at BCV during F&W I started looking for other options. Everyone seems to love the BW for location, the slide, and the ambience. The 2BRs are all lock-offs, but other than that and the lack of a beach, (and that scary clown), I am having trouble finding negatives. Not that I want to! I just was wondering if someone who has experienced both could give me their opinions. I will consider myself lucky if I can get either one when the time comes!
I've stayed in a Studio at BCV & a 1BR at BWV. I really think is 6 of one, half dozen of the other.
SAB is the "best" pool on property, but you do have to exit the main area to go to the slide (which I think will be problematic for my family/ages of my kids). I enjoy the lazy river/deep loop in SAB, but that's really just a short fun few minutes for me and a danger to my kids.
I think there is a slight edge on BWV for better access to QS with the Bakery vs. the Marketplace at BC.
BCV is closer to EP, but BWV is closer to DHS so that really equals out.
We need to alter our dates for our August 2016 trip. I'm currently booked at BC, but if I have to end up switching to BW, I really won't mind.
The only thing that I can think of that might be "worse" at BWV is that I'm not sure exactly how the buses are. I know if you stay at BCV the bus goes to YC first, then BC. At BWV, I think it shares with Swalphin, but I'm not sure what the order is.

If you go to Post 16 on Page 1 of this thread, there is a section with trip reports and resort reviews. There are two reviews comparing BC/YC with BWI. The comparisons are of the resort rooms, not villas, but I can't remember if there are some "resort" pros and cons as well.

:)

I emailed the IPO asking about the 4th fast pass a few days ago. We have upcoming stays at YC and BWI.

I asked: Is there a number for CL guests at the Epcot resorts to call for a 4th fastpass?
They answered: Once you check in, you'll receive the club level's contact information and you can call that number in order to receive a 4th FastPass.

It was good to hear it's available. I'll give it a try in a couple of weeks.

Great to hear and we will give it a try as well :) Such a pain when you want to go for a break during the day and switch parks at night.

No, you need an ADR to get a table, even for ice cream. We have just dessert there quite often and they do not take walk ups.
Still way behind on this thread but I did have to comment on this post. They no longer only take walk ups but they still take them if they can. There were three of us just here in January and we were able to get a walk up with a 20 min wait. However, it was not a very busy time at the resort and the weather was definitely cooler. I'm sure there had been some cancellations. If you ar going at a busy time, you most likely will need a reservation. They do seat walk ups at the counter on a routine basis.

@momtwoboys If you do end up getting a renovated studio, it would be great if you could snap some photos of the room for those of us who are anxious to see the results!

And, if you wouldn't mind reporting back on the question that is at the top of my list, did the studio's coffee maker get upgraded to a larger size (versus the old 4-cup)?!?!?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Fittings and Fairings gift shop at YC carries the Disney Pandora beads? I know I can find them on Main St at MK but just wondering about YC. Thanks :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter