Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Not true - I love the smell of the BC lobby! The only time I smelled seafood was when actually walking right by Cape May Cafe at dinner.

This was my experience, as well. I noticed it walking by the restaurant, but not in the lobby area.

Thanks so much for the tips! :thanks:That's great that Ale and Compass has coffee! Yes- I don't remember seeing juice at POFQ when we were there- I was just HOPING that there were kid options that aren't soda. We will have milk in the room for sure and maybe juice. Maybe we just use his for at Hurricane Hannah's. It's different that there isn't a food court, I am not even sure where we pick up our mugs! We decided to add the dining plan after a few restaurants that we are going to increased their prices... glad I did because a few days later the dining plan went up! So- we are actually saving about $200 using the dining plan. The mug is a bonus for him... I'll make up for it with coffee!! :hyper: Thanks for all your helpful tips!! I have read and re-read the page one tips- so useful- I am so happy I was warned about the buses to Disney Springs! And the secret door! You guys on here are helpful and so funny- thanks for making me feel welcome already! 32 days to go!!

i want to say i've seen lemonade and powerade, but honestly couldn't tell you at which resort and which refill stations.

These are from 2013, but I'm guessing the offerings are pretty much the same. I can't remember if there is a second machine that has PowerAde as an option. I'll keep looking for photos.

Beach Club Marketplace

Rapid Refill Dispenser Claire Bear.jpg

ice tea machine.jpg

Hurricane Hanna's

P1170599 - Copy.JPG

P1170598 - Copy.JPG

:welcome: back to the thread!

How did you make out with the call?

I honestly think that at 5:30 pm at the Captain's Grille, a change from 12 to 13 will not be too hard to accomplish at the checkin desk, even if you are not able to let them know in advance. Just in case you are unable to contact someone beforehand (which, btw, is not really acceptable)

:)

I'm sorry I didn't see your reply sooner! I called the direct number to Captains Grille, it has a prompt specifically for groups of 13 or more. I have now left 3 messages in the last month and still have not received a return call from them. I agree, it's very uncharacteristic of Disney customer service. I have not tried calling the Yacht Club though. Thank you for the feedback!

I'm sorry I didn't see your reply sooner! I called the direct number to Captains Grille, it has a prompt specifically for groups of 13 or more. I have now left 3 messages in the last month and still have not received a return call from them. I agree, it's very uncharacteristic of Disney customer service. I have not tried calling the Yacht Club though. Thank you for the feedback!
Another idea, have you tried calling the Captain's Grille, but selecting something other than large group? Maybe try all the prompts and see if you get someone. Or, leave messages on a couple of other prompts to please call you back.

BCV lobby has a one person [CM] staffed concierge /checkin counter which operates from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. You can check in here if you like, but I would recommend the BC main lobby which handles all checkin and guest services for BC and BCV.

ETA...Wood Nymph beat me to the punch!
Thank you! That is extremely helpful. We may just eat dinner at the airport and then head to the resort. :)

And our flight lands at 7pm. We've used ME before and I think we'll get our bags ourselves so I'm hoping to be at BCV by 9pm. Who knows, maybe we'll just want an ice cream from beaches and cream and then call it a night.

If you want a sit down ice cream treat like one of the big sundaes, you will still need an ADR, even at 9 PM. There is a take out window with a limited menu

Not true - I love the smell of the BC lobby! The only time I smelled seafood was when actually walking right by Cape May Cafe at dinner.

This was my experience, as well. I noticed it walking by the restaurant, but not in the lobby area.

Completely agree with both of these. This has been our experience as well.

I agree. I have never noticed a fishy smell in BC lobby

I would like a ground floor but should I check that box for a standard room or should I pick lower floor? I think most standard room are not on the first floor.
We requested (and got) a ground floor standard view in December, our room overlooked the courtyard (exiting lobby toward SAB). It was a lovely view (lots of poinsettias at that time of year) close to the lobby, too. There are at least 8 or so rooms on the first floor in that hallway that would all be SV.

Thanks so much for the tips! :thanks:That's great that Ale and Compass has coffee! Yes- I don't remember seeing juice at POFQ when we were there- I was just HOPING that there were kid options that aren't soda. We will have milk in the room for sure and maybe juice. Maybe we just use his for at Hurricane Hannah's. It's different that there isn't a food court, I am not even sure where we pick up our mugs! We decided to add the dining plan after a few restaurants that we are going to increased their prices... glad I did because a few days later the dining plan went up! So- we are actually saving about $200 using the dining plan. The mug is a bonus for him... I'll make up for it with coffee!! :hyper: Thanks for all your helpful tips!! I have read and re-read the page one tips- so useful- I am so happy I was warned about the buses to Disney Springs! And the secret door! You guys on here are helpful and so funny- thanks for making me feel welcome already! 32 days to go!!
They do sell cartons of milk at Ale and Compass to go with dry cereal. At other refill stations, lemonade, powerade, and cocoa are the more kid like beverages. We end up letting our kids have ice tea (they have a white tea that I like to think is not as caffeinated as the black.)

:thanks: MommaBerd! It's hard to find lots of information! I appreciate! I was saying in the last post- at the food courts- it's sort of easy to figure where to go and what is there! Do you know if we can get a mug at Hurricane Hannah's or do you think we will have to go to BC Marketplace? I am so excited for this trip- a big part of the fun of it will we checking out the resort and everything there! I have nice long breaks planned everyday... 32 days, so excited!! I have been reading all about the Flower and Garden Festival, too- many new things for us this trip! :daisy::flower2::rose:
I have bought my mugs at Hurricane Hanna's! So convenient on the walk into Epcot.

We requested (and got) a ground floor standard view in December, our room overlooked the courtyard (exiting lobby toward SAB). It was a lovely view (lots of poinsettias at that time of year) close to the lobby, too. There are at least 8 or so rooms on the first floor in that hallway that would all be SV.

I believe you were upgraded to a Garden View room. Standard views all overlook roofs or parking lots. Other folks who have booked Standard View should expect neither 1st floor nor a view of the courtyard.

Wow, I had no idea. That makes two times I have been upgraded from a standard. Last summer, we had a one night stay that was upgraded to a lagoon view.

Has there been any confirmation or update about resort CM's being able to make a 4th reservation for you via text if you are staying in club level?

Thanks!!

Beach Club Villa renovation updates-

I believe that one complete wing, from the 5th floor down to the 1st has been finished. Rooms X39 and X40 to X51 and X52.

The next wing undergoing refurbishment will be X55 to X77 and X78.

I still have not seen any first-hand reports or pictures from guests who have stayed in a newly-renovated villa.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Here's a photo review of the Beach Club's refurbished Newport Suite. I never stay in these fancy suites, but I really enjoy checking them out. (Just like I love to check out new model homes, even though I'm not in the market.)

Apologies if this is a repeat. I haven't been following this thread much lately, but I did check back a few pages.

Last edited:
Here's a photo review of the Beach Club's refurbished Newport Suite. I never stay in these fancy suites, but I really enjoy checking them out. (Just like I love to check out new model homes, even though I'm not in the market.)

Apologies if this is a repeat. I haven't been following this thread much lately, but I did check back a few pages.

FABULOUS!!!

Thank you so much for sharing.

Would you mind if I linked your post to the front page of this thread, and to the Beach Club Deluxe/Suites thread?

:goodvibes

Was this at the BC or YC?

Another idea, have you tried calling the Captain's Grille, but selecting something other than large group? Maybe try all the prompts and see if you get someone. Or, leave messages on a couple of other prompts to please call you back.

Good idea! Someone is bound to help me if I leave enough messages! It's not like I'm asking for the impossible. The only time I ate there, there were maybe 4 tables being served at 6 pm.

Good idea! Someone is bound to help me if I leave enough messages! It's not like I'm asking for the impossible. The only time I ate there, there were maybe 4 tables being served at 6 pm.
I'm hoping that someone helpful answers. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!