Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

page 439-440

Beach Club Dee a.k.a. Natebenma - yes, of course you can add my post to the trip reports link. I hope it helps someone.:)

we actually booked a ressie for December too, but DH is NOT a WDW person. He said this trip was by far the best since DS loved every minute. Disney definitely knows the other golden rule, "happy kids = very happy parents." Working on DH. I love this AP thing and am not giving up easily.

Thank you!

:goodvibes

Random question, are there may or any standard view rooms on the ground floor at BC? Thinking with a baby and stroller that being on the ground might be easier.... We do online check in Friday so trying to decide what I should pick for requests. Thanks!

As others have answered, there are no standard view rooms on the first floor. The doors also lock from the inside only, so although it would make it easy to leave from there, someone would have to go out the traditional way if you want to lock the slider behind you.

However, if a first floor room would be better because you don't have to use the elevators,and you don't have any other preferences, go ahead and request it on your online checkin. Even though a room doesn't exist (SV, 1st floor), maybe you will luck out and get what you want (along with a room with either a garden or water view). Worst thing that can happen is you don't get the first floor request.

:thumbsup2

Here is the view from the villas. Room 416.

Thanks!

::yes::

you can move the pix if you like. Thanks for asking. Or give me a link to where you want me to place them.

Thank you so much!

Here is the link to the View Thread.

Yacht Club Room Views

I keep a running list and have a backlog of things to add all over the place, so if you are able to add the view pictures and description of your room, that would be helpful. Otherwise I will get to it. Eventually...

;)

ETA- just checked out the pictures you posted on the Photography board. AWESOME!!!

:worship::worship::worship:

I am a little confused about how the boat transportation works. I've tried looking for maps and routes. Is the boat to Epcot on the same route as the boat to HS? Does it just go in a loop? If you are at the Yacht Club dock, how do you know if the boat is heading toward which park? I know it's quicker to walk to Epcot, but if my elderly parents come along, they will opt for the boat. I'm really hoping it's not a loop that would mean you may have to go first to HS if you're destination is Epcot. Can someone explain it to me?

When you get to the dock where you board the boat, there is a sign that tells you which side you want to get on based on where you are going.

WP_20150901_021.jpg

:thumbsup2

The ME usually travels the following route to the airport: YC then BC then BWI then CBR
The length of travel time depends on how long they have to wait at a resort for people to show up and load or for other vehicles to get out of the way. The bus has usually gotten us to the airport two hours before our flight time.
I hate when people aren't down at the DME stop on time making entire bus load of people wait for them. So disrespectful.

I have only been on this thread for a month or so, but y'all are my happy place here on the DIS!:cloud9: I love all the advice on the DIS and I've learned so much, but sometimes that comes with a healthy dose of negativity. So, I pop over here for a counteracting dose of pixie dust :wizard: and to reignite my excitement about my upcoming trip! :hyper: So, thanks!

Well I'm only a couple of weeks out from my trip to YC. I'm going with my parents and it's their first ever stay at a Disney resort, so I'm a little nervous about them liking it. I think they will given the refurbishments and the location. One question (I ask only because it's been a couple of years since I was there) - does the shop in YC sell boxes of cereal and cartons of milk? I seem to remember that it does but I can't swear to it.

1F

Dee, if you're looking for any other specific photos of BCV, let me know and I'll see what I've got.

(Can't help you with photos of the grills - I've never even seen them.)

I have only been on this thread for a month or so, but y'all are my happy place here on the DIS!:cloud9: I love all the advice on the DIS and I've learned so much, but sometimes that comes with a healthy dose of negativity. So, I pop over here for a counteracting dose of pixie dust :wizard: and to reignite my excitement about my upcoming trip! :hyper: So, thanks!

We are all happy to play the role of the counteracting dose!

Well I'm only a couple of weeks out from my trip to YC. I'm going with my parents and it's their first ever stay at a Disney resort, so I'm a little nervous about them liking it. I think they will given the refurbishments and the location. One question (I ask only because it's been a couple of years since I was there) - does the shop in YC sell boxes of cereal and cartons of milk? I seem to remember that it does but I can't swear to it.

1F

When I was there last summer, the Yacht Club gift shop had an 8-pack of single serving sizes of Kellogg's cereal. My photo shows Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, Pops (Sugar Pops? Corn Pops? not sure) and Rice Krispies. There also was a Kellogg's 10-pack which included Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, Crispix, Special K and Frosted mini Wheats. Normally they sell milk, but as I recall they were sold out that day.

You can always walk over to the Beach Club gift shop. It has a bigger food selection. Single serving sizes sold individually - looks like Multli-Grain Reduced Sugar Frosted Flakes, Rice Krispies, Kellogg's Corn Flakes, Raisin Bran, Fruit Loops. It also had bigger size boxes (10 oz or 13 oz) of Fruit Loops, Raisin Bran, Kashi Go Lean Crunch and Frosted Flakes. It also had an 8-pack of single serving sizes of Kellogg's cereal: my photo shows Apple Jacks, Cocoa Krispies, Frosted Flakes, and Fruit Loops. It also had a 10-pack of single serving sizes of Kellogg's cereal: my photo shows Kellogg's Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, Krispix, Special K and Frosted Mini Wheats.

If your family does not like Kellogg's cereal, then it looks like you'd better make other arrangements.

Also, we'll only be taking Magical Express for our departure from BC heading to the airport. Does anyone know what the order of resort stops is going back to the airport? On our last trip, we stayed at the Contemporary, and the return trip was at least 1.5 hours making 4 resort stops. We're thinking about Uber-ing it to MCO if it's going to be anything close to that again.
I Ubered back to MCO on my trip to WDW- NO REGRETS. One of the best decisions I made. I could not face another bus! (I had been staying at AKL...)

Apologies if this has been addressed before- My husband, son and I will be staying at Yacht Club next month. My in-laws will be staying at the Swan. Is there any way for my in-laws to take my son to Stormalong Bay while my husband and I visit the parks? I'm not looking to break any rules! I've got a water-slide obsessed 5-year old and an opportunity for some time alone in the parks with my husband while his grandparents can watch him- if we can figure out if this is allowed...

Apologies if this has been addressed before- My husband, son and I will be staying at Yacht Club next month. My in-laws will be staying at the Swan. Is there any way for my in-laws to take my son to Stormalong Bay while my husband and I visit the parks? I'm not looking to break any rules! I've got a water-slide obsessed 5-year old and an opportunity for some time alone in the parks with my husband while his grandparents can watch him- if we can figure out if this is allowed...

Unfortunately, no.

There is a fantastic pool with water slide, waterfall and multiple play areas at the Swan. They can easily take him to the Swan pool complex for the day. There's no need, but they could even list his name on their room reservation for no additional charge to make him a registered guest there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!