Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok. Just finished 8 wonderful nights at the yacht club. We were in room 3100, a garden view room with a nice view of the quiet pool and tennis courts. We were basically in the middle of the yacht club wing. It was easy to enter and exit via the lobby, or any of three stair wells just a few steps in all directions.
25319588324_8c7b6fd509_c.jpg

25857241431_21eb6b7cbb_c.jpg

All in all it was a great trip. We parked the car and never used it. Bussed or walked everywhere we went.

We were able to get our room at 11am on check in day, and were granted a 1:30pm late check out. Ended up not using the late check out since it rained saturday, and our pool day before the drive home was cut way short.

I saw no signs that the rooms or hall ways were in dire need of a refurb. Our room was in great shape, and the house keepers were awesome. We used house keeping every other day, and were given a nice hand written note on our last day wishing us safe travel.

Finally, i will add. We forgot our vouchers for the free mini golf. the front desk went above and beyond to have disney travel overnight a new package to us the next day.

25831432122_92bb9c139f_c.jpg

We think we picked a great week. The quiet before the storm so to speak. Parks were like a 5-6 out of 10 as far as crowds. We were able to move FP+ around as needed and cancelled and made new ADRs several times.

We spend A LOT of time at the pool. Some days we went early (10 am) some days later (2pm). No matter when we went, there were a lot of chairs with no people around but towels either draped on the back, or thrown on the seat. I refuse to put up with that. I stopped by the chairs I wanted that looked like someone just came down and threw a towel over. If there were no signs of life (shirt, shoes, drink cup) I claimed the chairs as my families. Personally did the 3 times out of 8 days. Never once did anyone come say something to me. I talked with a life guard and she said it was bad. They go around every hour or so trying to clean up the empty ones.

25319527104_e157c5446b_c.jpg

Yacht and beach are our favorite resorts, Hope this will help someone who is on the fence the push they need to stay here. It is truly the best on property.

25831413512_177d2408f7_c.jpg

Ugh!!! Really annoyed. Virgin Atlantic cancelled our reserved seats days after I booked and paid for them, they never told me and never gave me my money back. Only found out today when I went to the TA to pay off our holiday and she couldn't link our bookings together. Now we cant get extra leg room seats as the only ones left are over the exit and DD is only 12 (you have to be 16 to sit there). We're now sitting in two rows so that DH can have room as he is over 6 foot!

So sorry this happened you pink girl. Happened to someone else on the uk planning forum. They complained via virgin's fb Page and were contacted by virgin who were able to sort out seats and bags for no extra charge. Might be worth trying :)

Ok. Just finished 8 wonderful nights at the yacht club. We were in room 3100, a garden view room with a nice view of the quiet pool and tennis courts. We were basically in the middle of the yacht club wing. It was easy to enter and exit via the lobby, or any of three stair wells just a few steps in all directions.

All in all it was a great trip. We parked the car and never used it. Bussed or walked everywhere we went.

We were able to get our room at 11am on check in day, and were granted a 1:30pm late check out. Ended up not using the late check out since it rained saturday, and our pool day before the drive home was cut way short.

I saw no signs that the rooms or hall ways were in dire need of a refurb. Our room was in great shape, and the house keepers were awesome. We used house keeping every other day, and were given a nice hand written note on our last day wishing us safe travel.

Finally, i will add. We forgot our vouchers for the free mini golf. the front desk went above and beyond to have disney travel overnight a new package to us the next day.

We think we picked a great week. The quiet before the storm so to speak. Parks were like a 5-6 out of 10 as far as crowds. We were able to move FP+ around as needed and cancelled and made new ADRs several times.

We spend A LOT of time at the pool. Some days we went early (10 am) some days later (2pm). No matter when we went, there were a lot of chairs with no people around but towels either draped on the back, or thrown on the seat. I refuse to put up with that. I stopped by the chairs I wanted that looked like someone just came down and threw a towel over. If there were no signs of life (shirt, shoes, drink cup) I claimed the chairs as my families. Personally did the 3 times out of 8 days. Never once did anyone come say something to me. I talked with a life guard and she said it was bad. They go around every hour or so trying to clean up the empty ones.

Yacht and beach are our favorite resorts, Hope this will help someone who is on the fence the push they need to stay here. It is truly the best on property.

Thank you for posting your photos. We're 26 days out and I can hardly wait! I think today I will start my little box of things I don't want to forget. :cheer2:

Once again, thanks for the info!!!

I also have a BCV View Thread, which is woefully short of photos. In the view threads, I have pictures and descriptions of the room layouts, so I will add what you wrote above describing Room 204. If you have any pictures you are willing to have posted, you can share them here on this thread, or you can email them to me at beachclubdee at yahoo and I will post them.

This thread is truly a collaborative effort!

::yes::

Where is that thread at Dee? I need to try to figure out our BCV request for September.

Thanks for letting us know about your rooms. I'm not sure if we have views/info about Room 5663 in the BC View Thread, I'll add your description. I see 2 queen beds in your picture. Daybed or no?

:thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Yes! It had two queens and a daybed. The daybed was very much like a standard twin size - larger than the twin murphy bed in the renovated studio at Boardwalk - which BCV Studio 105 was not. Neither was the BCV Studio 455, which was where my parents were.

Regarding BCV Views - 105 was a 1st floor room and the patio was looking towards the door into the Beach Club Marketplace. 455 was overlooking the quiet pool and you could see some of the Epcot fireworks that were above the tree line.

Where is that thread at Dee? I need to try to figure out our BCV request for September.

It is on the Resort Community Board, where the BC Room View and YC Room View Threads are. It is called BCV Room Photos

BCV Room Photos

I think there are only 9 rooms represented on this thread at the present time.

:goodvibes

It sounds like you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing!

Beach Club Dee a.k.a. Natebenma - yes, of course you can add my post to the trip reports link. I hope it helps someone.:)

we actually booked a ressie for December too, but DH is NOT a WDW person. He said this trip was by far the best since DS loved every minute. Disney definitely knows the other golden rule, "happy kids = very happy parents." Working on DH. I love this AP thing and am not giving up easily.

The same thing happened to us re-above poster where we did not realize until check out day that the bedding of the pull out couch at BCV was tucked behind the couch. Whoops.

We're officially 30 days out to our first Beach Club stay (we've always done MK resorts)-- so excited! A couple of questions:

I am a little confused about how the boat transportation works. I've tried looking for maps and routes. Is the boat to Epcot on the same route as the boat to HS? Does it just go in a loop? If you are at the Yacht Club dock, how do you know if the boat is heading toward which park? I know it's quicker to walk to Epcot, but if my elderly parents come along, they will opt for the boat. I'm really hoping it's not a loop that would mean you may have to go first to HS if you're destination is Epcot. Can someone explain it to me?

Also, we'll only be taking Magical Express for our departure from BC heading to the airport. Does anyone know what the order of resort stops is going back to the airport? On our last trip, we stayed at the Contemporary, and the return trip was at least 1.5 hours making 4 resort stops. We're thinking about Uber-ing it to MCO if it's going to be anything close to that again.

Last edited:
We're officially 30 days out to our first Beach Club stay (we've always done MK resorts)-- so excited! A couple of questions:

I am a little confused about how the boat transportation works. I've tried looking for maps and routes. Is the boat to Epcot the on the same route as the boat to HS? Does it just go in a loop? If you are at the Yacht Club dock, how do you know if the boat is heading toward which park? I know it's quicker to walk to Epcot, but if my elderly parents come along, they will opt for the boat. I'm really hoping it's not a loop that would mean you may have to go first to HS if you're destination is Epcot. Can someone explain it to me?

Also, we'll only be taking Magical Express for our departure from BC heading to the airport. Does anyone know what the order of resort stops is going back to the airport. On our last trip, we stayed at the Contemporary, and the return trip was at least 1.5 hours making 4 resort stops. We're thinking about Uber-ing it to MCO if it's going to be anything close to that again.

The boats do travel on a loop. Epcot--Boardwalk--Yacht & Beach--Swan & Dolphin-- Studios--Swan & Dolphin--Yacht & Beach--Boardwalk--Epcot. They stop at each resort no matter which way they are going. There are signs at the resorts & separate lines depending on which way the boat is going. At the Y&B, the boat will pull in & load on the right side of the dock if it is on it's way to the studios. It will dock on the left side if it is on it's way to Epcot. So you just wait for the boat that's headed where you want to go. Also, there are several boats actually running at all times. Usually only wait about 15 minutes at most in between.

Sorry, we don't take ME so can't help with that.

Also, we'll only be taking Magical Express for our departure from BC heading to the airport. Does anyone know what the order of resort stops is going back to the airport? On our last trip, we stayed at the Contemporary, and the return trip was at least 1.5 hours making 4 resort stops. We're thinking about Uber-ing it to MCO if it's going to be anything close to that again.

There is no set order nor number of additional stops. It is 100% dependent on how many guests at each resort are heading to MCO around the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter