Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but do the renovated studios have sleeping for 5 now? Like 2 queen beds and a day bed? Thank you!

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but do the renovated studios have sleeping for 5 now? Like 2 queen beds and a day bed? Thank you!

Yes & No
No studios, other than OKW, have 2 Queen beds
The renovated BCV's will have 1 Queen bed, a Queen sleeper sofa & a drop down bed which is actually a bit smaller than a twin. So they will sleep 5 if one is small.

Yes you can use those tables! All amenities at the Yacht and Beach Club AND Beach Club Villas complex are open to all YC/BC/BCV guests as per management.

~NM
Yeah!!! Thank you! Anything else good to do that they don't tell you about? First time at BC. We usually stay at poly.

Wow, it's been quite a while since I've been here! So much has changed, both here and in our lives, that everything feels new and exciting again!

We just celebrated an early St. Patrick's Day dinner with my wife's family and talk started to turn to another Disney adventure. This would be a pretty large trip, with approximately 12-15 people going, along with our nephew, our soon-to-be-here niece due in early August, and most importantly, our own Disney Princess in late August! I often find myself holding back from talking about our growing family simply because we had gone through soo many struggles to finally start a family that I don't want to jinx it. Having said that, these are huge reasons to celebrate, and I can't wait to get back to my favorite place on Earth!

A couple of logisitical questions...I know I could probably get more answers on other threads, but I genuinely like this place the most!

1. We're looking to head down in early May 2017, so I'll have just over a year to prepare everything. We are DVC members, but I am looking for at least 2 2BR villas to accommodate everyone and we'll need to rent points to have enough to secure this size of a reservation. Can I use one of the DVC rental sites to transfer points DVC owners are willing to rent out to my account so I can make the reservation myself?

2. How likely is it that we would be able to get 2 2BR villas next to or close to each other? I' figuring we would share one of the villas with my brother in law and his family since we would be the ones with the kids that need to run around without causing chaos around everyone else. However, I know Grandma and Grandpa will want to be around a ton, so I want to keep them close, especially on those nights when we want to head to Jellyrolls to let off some steam!

I know I'll have a ton more questions, but I'm glad that my Disney fix is getting stoked again. Great to see everyone again!

You would need to rent points with same use year so you can book at the 11 month mark. If you book using other resorts then you are subject to the 7 month mark.

Here are maps of the floor plans for BCV.

http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts-29831/beach-club-villas-2401/maps-a-photos-14011

Yes & No
No studios, other than OKW, have 2 Queen beds
The renovated BCV's will have 1 Queen bed, a Queen sleeper sofa & a drop down bed which is actually a bit smaller than a twin. So they will sleep 5 if one is small.
We're large, not small. Oy.

Does anyone know if the Crew's Cup has a kids menu? We were hoping to stop there for lunch on arrival day before going to SAB, but we'll have our 4 and 7 year olds with us. Thanks!

CdDD9jXUkAEGDCI.jpg:large

We just got back from our first stay at the Yacht Club - and loved it!! We were in room 3001 - literally the furthest away from the lobby that you could be. Since they had upgraded us from garden to lagoon/pool view, I wasn't about to complain. ;) There were stairs + a door to the outside near us, and we just took advantage of that. Being able to watch the boats and Illuminations from our room made it totally worth it. =)

CdD4tuEWwAI0usV.jpg:large

Excuse the "just checked in" mess... I should have taken photos before we let the kids in. ;) This room was on the side of the building, and had three windows that overlooked trees and a small canal to the side of the resort. It had an extra hallway up along the front too - made it feel nice and roomy!

Other than that - we LOVED Stormalong Bay, especially the lazy river (though I was glad my kids are older and strong swimmers, it's hard to keep track of everyone there!). We had dinner one night at Captain's Grille and would give it 5 enthusiastic thumbs up. I'm sure we'll be back in the future!

The pull down bed has been described as more of a trundle bed size, not even as big as a twin. It is most appropriate for a child. 5 adults would be very tight in a studio IMHO
Thank you. We would fare better at a regular bc room me thinks.

Does anyone know if the Crew's Cup has a kids menu? We were hoping to stop there for lunch on arrival day before going to SAB, but we'll have our 4 and 7 year olds with us. Thanks!

No, it does not.

We went there a few times with DD 4. Just an FYI it was very slow service with little one. No kid's menu. Food pretty good but service was not up to disney standards.

Agreed, but it is a bar first and food service second. Not an excuse for poor service, but sadly table service is secondary to the bar trade.

The Crews Cup Lounge [Bar] has a limited menu, albeit good for lounge fare but I have never seen any kid's specific menu items listed. Having said that, since they have access to the Yachtsmen Steakhouse and Captains's Grille kitchens there is a chance they could accommodate some request for smaller portions.

We had lunch with our daughter and two grandchildren age 6 and 8 and they were able to split and hamburger and fries. The waitress was great and was able to get our food for us in plenty of time to make the Magical Express. It was a nice, quiet place for lunch, since it was mostly empty at noon time. :)

Thank you. We would fare better at a regular bc room me thinks.
A regular resort room is nicer and the daybed is big enough for an adult. Our son is 6'4" and he never complained about sleeping on it. :)

We had lunch with our daughter and two grandchildren age 6 and 8 and they were able to split and hamburger and fries. The waitress was great and was able to get our food for us in plenty of time to make the Magical Express. It was a nice, quiet place for lunch, since it was mostly empty at noon time. :)

A regular resort room is nicer and the daybed is big enough for an adult. Our son is 6'4" and he never complained about sleeping on it. :)

Part of the reason I wanted to try there was that I heard it was easy to get into without a ressie (since I don't know exactly when we'll get there - but should be right at lunch time with our plane landing around 10) but my kids will not touch a burger. Weirdos.

Thank you wood nymph.

Part of the reason I wanted to try there was that I heard it was easy to get into without a ressie (since I don't know exactly when we'll get there - but should be right at lunch time with our plane landing around 10) but my kids will not touch a burger. Weirdos.

There is a very good chance that you would be able to get a table at Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club at lunchtime without a reservation.

Also, I'm not sure if it is still the case, but if you have a Disney Visa, you may be able to get a 10% discount on your breakfast and lunch check here.

If you go back a page or so, you will find a lot of endorsements and pictures. You can find menu listings on the DIS or on all those ears website.

ETA: Here's the link to the menus for B, L, D and the kids' menus.

Captain's Grille Menu, March 2016

:thumbsup2

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter