Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

And now I'm starting to worry about upcoming room refurbishments at the Yacht Club. I'm glad at least that the Concierge Lounge is finished, but we are going at the beginning of June, so I wonder when they will begin the refurbs. :sail:

Several pages back someone posted who is friends with the contractor. According to her info, YC won't be started til August. Unconfirmed by Disney at this point, of course. If true, might impact us as we are club level Sept 10-17. Sounds like you should be ok tho.

Trying to find info/pictures of the recent food offerings in the YC Club Level lounge. Have searched the thread and a few others, but might have missed it. Thinking of expanding our stay there in two weeks, but my daughter has lots of allergies, not sure it's worth it if she can't really eat much...any thoughts on this from those who have been there?? Thanks!
Stayed YC CL last weekend, will post some pictures below.

ETA: posted them full size so hopefully you can read the labels :)

Last edited:

I always take the Magical Express so I don't have any idea about driving directions from the airport. What I would do is program the address on my phone's navigation app. If I didn't have one of them then, at home before I left, I would print out the directions from Google maps and go that way.

I will say that the Walmart is less than 3 minutes from the road the Magical express follows into WDW but I don't know the names of the roads other than to say that the road to WDW crosses SR 535. So this tells me that this Walmart is very close to WDW. Check it out using the address I supplied and punch it in to Google maps so you can see and print out for yourself.

~NM

Thanks for the info.

I am definitely a " turn left just after the third McDonald's" type of navigator.

Hi Everyone...I have really been enjoying reading through this thread. What a lovely friendly positive group! We are BC DVC owners and are leaving a week from today (march 12) and am so excited I can't even tell you!!!

We are booked in a 2BD lock-off. Would LOVE the chance to stay in one of the newly renovated rooms (obviously!) I do realize this is a long-shot but why not try. What do you think is the best way to go about trying for this? Thinking I will call and add the request to our reservation...maybe I will say 5th floor request or newly-renovated room. What about online check-in? Thinking it would make more sense to just check in when I get there.

Anyway, I would love your advice on the best way to go about this. We don't usually put in a room or view request (other than one year when grandparents were coming and we wanted to minimize walking).
Thanks so much everyone!

Hi Everyone...I have really been enjoying reading through this thread. What a lovely friendly positive group! We are BC DVC owners and are leaving a week from today (march 12) and am so excited I can't even tell you!!!

We are booked in a 2BD lock-off. Would LOVE the chance to stay in one of the newly renovated rooms (obviously!) I do realize this is a long-shot but why not try. What do you think is the best way to go about trying for this? Thinking I will call and add the request to our reservation...maybe I will say 5th floor request or newly-renovated room. What about online check-in? Thinking it would make more sense to just check in when I get there.

Anyway, I would love your advice on the best way to go about this. We don't usually put in a room or view request (other than one year when grandparents were coming and we wanted to minimize walking).
Thanks so much everyone!

Being a week out, I would call Member Services and add any specific requests to your reservation. I would do it quickly as room assignment will most likely begin mid-week next week. The online check in is somewhat limiting in the amount of detail or specific requests you can make, so I would not use that. Since the renovations started a little over a month ago I think the chances of getting a renovated room are slim, but it never hurts to request it. As I understand it, the wing/floor [5th] they started on and now completed is centrally located within the building. With regards to minimizing walking, that request would be for a room close to the main elevators in the BCV. Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, fire away!

And room 3607: (Dee, feel free to use if you want, these are "zoomed" on my iPhone). It was a better view than the other room, but was less convenient when you have 2 family members in ECV's, using the elevator. (Sorry it duplicated and I couldn't get it to delete the extras.)image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg

Gonna try to add some room views from our visits to the wonderful Beach Club:

Room 1634 - handicap accessible, door stays open long enough to drive ECV in:
This is a funny coincidence since we were in room 1634 Feb 24th and 25th, when our flight got cancelled and we had to extend our stay by two days. The only thing we didn't like about the room was the way the door stayed open. I'm sure that it was great for ECV's but it drove us crazy to have to wait to make sure it was closed before moving on. The room was in a great location, though, just a few doors down from the Marketplace.

We were also in room 2528 for the first part of our trip. It is a woods view room that was just a few doors down from the secret entrance. Our room faced Epcot and was about as close to Epcot as you can be in the Beach Club. We also had a straight on view of the Illumination fireworks. The room had two queens, a daybed and a full balcony. There was really nothing usually or special about the room, so I don't really have much to say about it. ;) We loved being that close to the International Gateway. It was a little bit of a walk to the Marketplace but considering that everything is under one roof, it wasn't too bad at all.

Last edited:
This is a funny coincidence since we were in room 1634 Feb 24th and 25th, when our flight got cancelled and we had to extend our stay by two days. The only thing we didn't like about the room was the way the door stayed open. I'm sure that it was great for ECV's but it drove us crazy to have to wait to make sure it was closed before moving on. The room was in a great location, though, just a few doors down from the Marketplace.

So funny you say that about the door. We stayed at BC for Easter weekend last year and I LOVE the new rooms. They are easily my favorite rooms on property in terms of decor. (For function, we were spoiled by the Poly Villa split bathroom last month!) Anyway, every time we'd leave the room, I'd corral all three boys out into the hallway . . . and then we'd wait for the door to close. Very "hurry up and wait!" Once, our oldest had to go back for something just as the door closed and everyone let out a big "ugh!!" :) Fingers crossed for a good BC or BCV deal next marathon weekend!

Thanks so much everyone!

On our last trip to VWL I didn't do online check in, just phoned in my requests. We got everything I requested except for the side of the building I wanted, but it doesn't make a lot of difference there.
One thing I did ask for was a dedicated 2 BR instead of a lock-off. We were 5 people that trip. This time we will be 4, 2 couples. Do you mind me asking if you requested the lock-off over a dedicated, and if so, why? I just assumed a dedicated would be better for us, but maybe I just don't know enough about the differences. I wonder if the bed configuration is different at the BCV than the WLV. Any info would be much appreciated! (with your trip being so close, I am sure you are very busy, so please answer whenever it's convenient)
Thanks, and have a wonderful trip!

On our last trip to VWL I didn't do online check in, just phoned in my requests. We got everything I requested except for the side of the building I wanted, but it doesn't make a lot of difference there.
One thing I did ask for was a dedicated 2 BR instead of a lock-off. We were 5 people that trip. This time we will be 4, 2 couples. Do you mind me asking if you requested the lock-off over a dedicated, and if so, why? I just assumed a dedicated would be better for us, but maybe I just don't know enough about the differences. I wonder if the bed configuration is different at the BCV than the WLV. Any info would be much appreciated! (with your trip being so close, I am sure you are very busy, so please answer whenever it's convenient)
Thanks, and have a wonderful trip!

We've stayed in 2br villas at BCV's three times and we had both the dedicated 2nd bedroom and the lock off. The bedroom configuration is the same for both types, one queen and one sofa sleeper. They are adding the Murphy bed to the studios in the refurbished units. There are eighteen dedicated 2 BR units that have two queen beds in the 2nd bedroom instead of a queen and sofa sleeper, we had that type once, but those are hard to get.

Last edited:
Staying at BCV in one week, so excited! I have stayed here one other visit, but we did not have children with us. Is there a community hall where we can do crafts, watch or rent a movie, or games? I loved the community hall at BWV and SSR, not sure how much time we will have, but it would be nice to know if it is there. Really hoping for some great pool days, winter has been long...

Staying at BCV in one week, so excited! I have stayed here one other visit, but we did not have children with us. Is there a community hall where we can do crafts, watch or rent a movie, or games? I loved the community hall at BWV and SSR, not sure how much time we will have, but it would be nice to know if it is there. Really hoping for some great pool days, winter has been long...
They have a very nice room in the villas building called the Drawing Room which has a billiard table. They also have the Solarium in the Beach Club which might be considered a community hall.

There is not a Community Hall like at BWV or SSR with crafts & games & movies etc. But as Wood Nymph said there are spaces to relax together in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!