Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have always managed to get a full balcony at Beach Club. Some of the views are not that great, but we had a place to sit.

I have always managed to get a full balcony at Beach Club. Some of the views are not that great, but we had a place to sit.
Do you, by any chance remember how many of the rooms you stayed in had a daybed as well?

We booked a standard view room at the BC and specified that we prefered full balcony and a daybed. What are our chances? There are roughly 100 SV rooms at BC but I cannot find how many of these have both options availabe.

I have never been able to find any information about how many rooms at the Beach Club (or Yacht Club) have daybeds. I know that based on the layout of some rooms, it is not possible to have a daybed, and I have not heard if daybeds were added to any rooms if they could fit.

If you are assigned to a room that does not have a balcony and/or daybed, you can always go to the front desk to see if there is a room available that meets your request, or to ask when one will become available if you are willing to switch rooms.

You may also ask if there is a rollaway cot that is available for your room if you need the additional sleeping accommodations.

:)

I tried to DM you but it would not allow me to start a conversation. So I will answer here.
I found both renters on another forum for dvc owners. You are lucky that you personally know the dvc owner. The first time I paid 50% at time of booking and the balance 45 days prior to check in. This time I paid the entire balance upfront. Both times I requested and received excellent references. In most dvc transactions I've heard about, owners will not refund due to cancellation unless they can either re-rent the reservation or can put the points back in their account. Per the most recent transaction I did:
"Please keep in mind that this is a non-refundable transaction – I can make changes if doable, but I cannot cancel for a refund. I can however, try to rent for you if you do have a change of plan of which I have done before for previous customers. I want to make sure all is clear and satisfactory before I go ahead and make the reservation for you."
Since you know the owner personally they may have more flexibility with cancellations. The only way we would have cancelled was if there was a true family emergency. In that case the loss of money wouldn't really cross my mind probably.
Hope this answers your questions:)

We have rented points many times staying at BCV. The last 3 years we've rented a 2-bedroom villa at BCV during October/F&W Festival. FWIW... We do know the person we rent from and he allows us to make 4 monthly payments with the first one due when the reservation is made. When reserving the 2-bedroom villa during food and wine festival we have booked anywhere from 7-11 months out.

:welcome: to the thread!

:cool1:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. March?

I'm a big fan of the Publix over by the outlet mall. And not just because they have a liquor store! :littleangel::ssst:
And it's next to Chick Fil A, another one of my weaknesses. ;)

Thank you so much for the welcomes! Great suggestions! Yes, we will be there in March and I can't wait! Beach Club is our favorite resort, but we haven't been there since 2008 and this will be our first time in the villas!

Laurie

I like the Walmart on SR 535. The address is 3250 Vineland rd. Kissimee Florida 34746 phone:1-407-3971125

I like that they have the Walmart everyday low prices here which is not something that you can say about the supermarkets closest to WDW (The locals will tell you that these supermarket locations close to Disney Property jack up the prices)

In addition to groceries, this Walmart also has a liquor section, fresh produce and sundries in case you forgot something for the trip. I like to buy my pool noodles here now that Pastina, Paul, Ramen and Penny Noodle have left the country and are living abroad.

To go from the Beach club to this Walmart was around $40-45 round trip with tip by cab and about $ 20-22 round trip for the smallest Uber car. If you travel during the afternoon rush hour the trip might cost a little more depending on traffic.

~NM

I tried to DM you but it would not allow me to start a conversation. So I will answer here.
I found both renters on another forum for dvc owners. You are lucky that you personally know the dvc owner. The first time I paid 50% at time of booking and the balance 45 days prior to check in. This time I paid the entire balance upfront. Both times I requested and received excellent references. In most dvc transactions I've heard about, owners will not refund due to cancellation unless they can either re-rent the reservation or can put the points back in their account. Per the most recent transaction I did:
"Please keep in mind that this is a non-refundable transaction – I can make changes if doable, but I cannot cancel for a refund. I can however, try to rent for you if you do have a change of plan of which I have done before for previous customers. I want to make sure all is clear and satisfactory before I go ahead and make the reservation for you."
Since you know the owner personally they may have more flexibility with cancellations. The only way we would have cancelled was if there was a true family emergency. In that case the loss of money wouldn't really cross my mind probably.
Hope this answers your questions:)

We have rented points many times staying at BCV. The last 3 years we've rented a 2-bedroom villa at BCV during October/F&W Festival. FWIW... We do know the person we rent from and he allows us to make 4 monthly payments with the first one due when the reservation is made. When reserving the 2-bedroom villa during food and wine festival we have booked anywhere from 7-11 months out.

Thank you both for your replies! I am happy to know that we will probably have a better chance of getting a 2BR during F&W if we rent points. Since I know the owner, I will make sure that everything about payments and a possible cancellation situation is agreed upon well ahead of the time when she will make the call. (November of this year) I just don't know whether to ask her if we should write all of this down. Otherwise, I am very excited about doing it this way, both for the savings and the increased chance of getting the 2BR. Thanks again!
This is such a wonderful thread!!
Dee- I don't know how you keep up with it all. There is so much activity! Kudos to you.

Dee- I don't know how you keep up with it all. There is so much activity! Kudos to you.

Awwww... thank you so much for the kind words!

It ain't easy! I am currently about 7 pages behind of responding the way I would like to. I have been reading along, and I like to answer questions and give welcomes in order, but when I get behind like this, I tend to hunt and peck with answers. It is helpful to know that we have a lot of experts following along to help .

I take notes for the Be Our Guest list, but my handwriting is bad- really bad- and sometimes I can't read my own words. Truth! :sad2:

But I am very proud of what we have here- a friendly, funny and helpful forum for new and veteran guests. The info is continually improving with everyone's input and when I have time I will put together the info on the past few pages about shopping options.

We have some of the most detailed resort info on the DIS! Daybed and Mattress Labels, I'm looking at you. :magnify:

So, thanks again, and keep it up everyone!

:grouphug:

page 413-414

I have a busy, but fun day ahead of me.

Breakfast with a dear friend, then work. A Dr. Seuss-themed preschool farm friends, with a craft, storytime and feeding the animals. Then tonight is my favorite fundraising event at the middle school. The staff and teacher perform karaoke for the students and their families. This is such a fun idea and the teachers are great sports to get up there to sing and wear outrageous costumes in front of the crowd.

I got into the act last year as Timon, singing Hakuna Matatat in front of 600 people! I haven't been able to figure out how to post the clip and I no longer have the disc with the show. :(

Hakuna1.JPG

Thank you for the BCV pics natebenma and to be tink. I have just posted a link to this page on the DVC Resorts forum, for all those people who were as keen as me to know what they were going to look like!!

I think it looks great.

:welcome: to the thread!

Thanks for doing that. I can't wait until we start seeing more from guests when they start staying in the rooms.

:thumbsup2

Looks new and fresh, doesn't have any Disney theming, sad.

:earsboy: Bill

:welcome: Bill!

:wave2:

I absolutely LOVE the new BCV rooms - wow!!! Thanks Dee! We're considering either BC or Poly Villas for Marathon Weekend next year, but now I'll watch for rates at BCV too. I usually dislike a kitchen on vacation, but I'm planning to run Dopey, so that's a lot of early mornings and a kitchen, laundry and a separate sleeping area would really help. Does the pull-down bed mean the 1-bedroom will accommodate a party of 5? It's still listed as max capacity of 4 on the website.

:wave:

Need to catch up with you, my friend!

The Dopey?!? :worship::cheer2:

The pull down murphy bed is only going in the studios, not the 1BR's.

Thanks for the confirmation!

::yes::

Thanks! So studios will accommodate 5, but not the 1-bedroom? :(

That's so frustrating! The one bedrooms have the storage space to handle a 5th person but the studios for 5 are pretty cramped! Bummer!

That said - I do think that it will make a studio for 3 (2 adults and 1 kid) better - as they can keep the couch functioning as a couch!

I assume the dedicated 2 br will not get the murphy bed either? Side note, I'd love to see them convert all the dedicated 2brs to 2 queen beds. Having the pullout in a dedicated 2br seems silly to me.

Villas decor looks great! Looks like they got rid of the ceiling fans tho, bummer!

What a shame that there were some missed opportunities with the refurb.

:sad2:

Thanks for posting the pictures Dee!

Absolutely love the look of the refurbed villas! We are going for F&W in 2017 and we are hoping to be able to stay at BCV on rental points. I know BCV fills up quickly for F&W so fingers crossed we will be able to book something. With the newly renovated rooms, I'm sure they will become even more popular!

Let us know if you are able to book for next year.

:goodvibes:

If you had said to me on Friday I'd be going to WDW this June I wouldn't have believed you. One pin code mail later, we've decided to go to WDW in June vs DL/universal in August.

Booked club at Yacht Club June18 - 26 this afternoon. Can't do a couple favorites like Flying Fish and BOG (too late to find a dinner reservation before 9pm) - we'll have to try some new places instead. We've planned other trips with 12+ months to put things together, definitely rushed to get ADRs.

How does the club planning services work? Do we need to reach out to them first?

Thanks.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

You can wait to hear from them or reach out whenever you want to contact them if you haven't heard from them first.

:thumbsup2

Looking forward to our checkin in two weeks, hoping for 5th floor studio, or maybe 4th will be complete? I love BCV, and am so excited to stay there again!!! Dee, thank you for the great pictures of the refurb

Hmmmm... I don't seem to have you on the Be Our Guest list!

I'll add you for March.

:cheer2:

Just booked a one night stay at the YC prior to our week at the Poly. We were going to try CBR, but I had second thoughts and went back to our tried and true BC/YC. We check in on 7/22. Looking forward to a relaxing day at SAB!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

A couple of questions concerning YC/BC Marina. Do they rent Sea Raycers? If they do where are you allowed to take them? Is it limited to Crescent Lake or can you go over to the Lake in front of HS?

Thanks

:welcome:

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort?

:cool2:

I like the Walmart on SR 535. The address is 3250 Vineland rd. Kissimee Florida 34746 phone:1-407-3971125

~NM

Any idea is this is a convenient stop on the way from the airport to BC? Traffic/ turns/ navigation?

I am always co-pilot of the rental car and can be directionally challenged, even with map or GPS. We have never driven to shopping or restaurants outside of Disney.

Trying to find info/pictures of the recent food offerings in the YC Club Level lounge. Have searched the thread and a few others, but might have missed it. Thinking of expanding our stay there in two weeks, but my daughter has lots of allergies, not sure it's worth it if she can't really eat much...any thoughts on this from those who have been there?? Thanks!

We booked our flights! Found some Disney shirts on consignment! Have the house smelling like the Beach! Now to get fast passes booked. I think magic bands arrive soon. Do we decorate them or not? :ssst: We want to do this Disney thing right.

If you do decorate them, be careful to not put too much over the "mickey head". On a previous trip, I had brought along an older MB that I had used lots of nail polish on, included the sparkles over the "mickey head" and it wouldn't scan. I know there are lots who never had problems with the nail polish decorated ones, but I'm glad I had other MBs along from other trips!

I like that they have the Walmart everyday low prices here which is not something that you can say about the supermarkets closest to WDW (The locals will tell you that these supermarket locations close to Disney Property jack up the prices)

In addition to groceries, this Walmart also has a liquor section, fresh produce and sundries in case you forgot something for the trip. I like to buy my pool noodles here now that Pastina, Paul, Ramen and Penny Noodle have left the country and are living abroad.

~NM

I agree about the Walmart. Walmart and Target are also good places for picking up souvenirs at more economical prices, than at the parks or onsite shops at WDW.

Any idea is this is a convenient stop on the way from the airport to BC? Traffic/ turns/ navigation?

I am always co-pilot of the rental car and can be directionally challenged, even with map or GPS. We have never driven to shopping or restaurants outside of Disney.

I always take the Magical Express so I don't have any idea about driving directions from the airport. What I would do is program the address on my phone's navigation app. If I didn't have one of them then, at home before I left, I would print out the directions from Google maps and go that way.

I will say that the Walmart is less than 3 minutes from the road the Magical express follows into WDW but I don't know the names of the roads other than to say that the road to WDW crosses SR 535. So this tells me that this Walmart is very close to WDW. Check it out using the address I supplied and punch it in to Google maps so you can see and print out for yourself.

~NM

And now I'm starting to worry about upcoming room refurbishments at the Yacht Club. I'm glad at least that the Concierge Lounge is finished, but we are going at the beginning of June, so I wonder when they will begin the refurbs. :sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts