Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Do you mind me asking a few financial questions? (I am planning to do the same thing with a colleague at work) Did you pay the full balance up front? Did you discuss and plan for the possibility of having to cancel and what would happen if you had to?
If you would prefer to PM me, let me know. Thanks!

I tried to DM you but it would not allow me to start a conversation. So I will answer here.
I found both renters on another forum for dvc owners. You are lucky that you personally know the dvc owner. The first time I paid 50% at time of booking and the balance 45 days prior to check in. This time I paid the entire balance upfront. Both times I requested and received excellent references. In most dvc transactions I've heard about, owners will not refund due to cancellation unless they can either re-rent the reservation or can put the points back in their account. Per the most recent transaction I did:
"Please keep in mind that this is a non-refundable transaction – I can make changes if doable, but I cannot cancel for a refund. I can however, try to rent for you if you do have a change of plan of which I have done before for previous customers. I want to make sure all is clear and satisfactory before I go ahead and make the reservation for you."
Since you know the owner personally they may have more flexibility with cancellations. The only way we would have cancelled was if there was a true family emergency. In that case the loss of money wouldn't really cross my mind probably.
Hope this answers your questions:)

I wonder if they could do a Queen split boxspring

Yup! Found the answer:
Can I purchase a Queen set with a Split box spring (foundation)?

Yes, for an additional $100 charge.

Still a good deal, I think. You can find out about bedding at many other hotels on this website:

www.simmonshospitality.com and click "order now".

Just booked the Yacht Club SV CL for one night only in two weeks - my daughter and I are headed south for a little Spring Break R&R at Pop for 5 nights, then the YC splurge for just one before checking out. There is NOTHING cheaper available with the AP discount at either BC or YC for that one night, (plenty of availability on the nights around it though:sad2:) but hoping things change and I can switch to a room at the BC instead, if only for the new bed! I keep checking incessantly!!

SAB is open 9am to 10pm today for those who were interested!

Thank you so much!!!

Can anyone help fill in the chart, either from the past or moving forward?

The hours at Stormalong Bay are determined by the BC/YC recreation managers and are often based on factors like crowd level, time of year, weather, etc. so it is difficult to predict the hours, particularly the closing time at night.

Guests report:

March 2016, 9 am to 10 pm
February 2016, 10 am to 8 pm

August 2015, 9 am to 11 pm

As I indicated in a previous message, times can change even within the same month (or week). If the pool stays open later at the end of March, I will add that.

Thanks!!!

:fish:

We stayed at YC last weekend under an AP room discount and were never asked to show our cards. Didn't even realize until I read your question....

If your AP is linked to your Magic Band, they probably saw it if they scanned the band. Several times I've had CMs comment about our APs when they scanned our bands when checking in.

We stayed at YC last weekend under an AP room discount and were never asked to show our cards. Didn't even realize until I read your question....

Thank you. I don't know why it's giving me such anxiety thinking about not having it yet when they ask. Still trying to determine if it's worth it to completely change our reservation.

Thank you. I don't know why it's giving me such anxiety thinking about not having it yet when they ask. Still trying to determine if it's worth it to completely change our reservation.
I have used our resort AP discount several times over the past two years and have never been asked to show it. But you might be right, I wonder if they just see it in my profile??

Is there a post any place on the Dis that has the bus stop board for each park? Just wondering where BC's stop is located at each of the parks. Thanks!

tub.jpg

This tub is from a Studio...correct? I hope this isn't a 1/2 Bedroom!!!! I see no jacuzzi!

Add us to the guest list! We just switched our stay to the BC! We will be there 5/24-5/31! We have a standard view room and I'm a bit nervous am I going to have a bad room location and view? We've only ever stayed at the BCV. Thanks!

I echo what PP said: the noise is not an issue from the YC CL lagoon view rooms.

Also, keep in mind that the quiet pool view at the YC looks out toward woods (and the quiet pool). Perfectly fine, but it's unlike BC where the quiet pool is still in the direction of the lagoon. I would not request the YC quiet pool view if I were paying for lagoon/ pool view. I'd much prefer to be facing the lagoon.

I was able to book a SV room instead :) The savings was fantastic of the LV.

Add us to the guest list! We just switched our stay to the BC! We will be there 5/24-5/31! We have a standard view room and I'm a bit nervous am I going to have a bad room location and view? We've only ever stayed at the BCV. Thanks!

Standard view room locations are throughout the resort, not centralized in a specific location. So I wouldn't worry about that. You can request what you would like, for example, near elevator, higher floor etc.
Standard views will be of either a roof or a parking lot.
Good Luck

page 411-412

Just want to announce that BCV is our new home resort. Used to be Swan pre kiddo with my teacher discount there, but currently at BCV with DD 3 on her first visit and this is where we will be every February break from now on!!!! Guess I should change my screen name, huh?

Congratulations on finding a new favorite resort! Did you drink the koolaid (aka Sunken Treasure?)

Feel free to keep your name, we will let you stick around. We allow most people with screen names adoring other resorts to play here as long as they do so nicely! LovintheLodge will attest to that.

I, myself, have some screen name regret. If I knew then what I know now, I would be BeachClubDee, but instead I have an awkward one based on my kids names.

:sad2:

We are staying at the YC in June and are so excited!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for June.

:cool1:

We have never been to the YC or BC, so I'm not familiar with the layout other than from photos. Our DS has autism and is an extremely picky eater. There is almost nothing at QS or TS restaurants that he will eat, even buffets, so at the parks he will have a snack and what we bring for him to the parks. Therefore, we sometimes return to the resort mid-day to rest and for him to get something to eat. We therefore rely very heavily on the food courts, where there's more variety and he can see what everything looks like. I read that the only quick service is at the BC, and it looks like it's at the end farthest from YC. Are there GV room locations anyone could suggest that would have the easiest access to the food court? It looks like a first floor room facing BC wouldn't be bad if there's direct access from your room to the walkway outside. Is that how it is or do the first floor rooms have a railing around their patio door that would force us to walk through the hallways to get access outside? Any other locations that would be better?

So would you recommend requesting something close to the lobby? Do we have to walk through the lobby to get to the Marketplace or is there a shortcut?

I would request close to the lobby. There is a hallway, cuts outside to a walkway, then back inside to the BC lobby. Marketplace is on the far side of the BC lobby. It sounds longer than it is.

I see that Hopefully and others have given you some excellent information. I just want to add that I timed the walk from the Yacht Club lobby to the Beach Club lobby (walking inside and under the covered walkway) when I was there in August. It was 5 minutes.

I didn't think to time from the YC lobby walking outside to the Beach Club lobby. I'll do that on my next trip (October) unless someone else wants to take it on earlier.

I hope you are able to find enough food choices for your son.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

:goodvibes:

Great to hear that you have the first Nanny/Lily trip planned. It will be a great getaway after you get through the spring and summer, settling into your new house. Would be great if you can get there in October as well.

Well I may have been tempted by all this October talk and may have bought myself some theme park tickets before the prices rise. Looks like I'll be at Disney in October too! Yay!!

I was looking forward to recreating some fun on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness, but it looks like I'll have to be satisfied with just this memorable moment which Dee was smart enough to capture with a photo! :)

My bananas are not as big as ~Ninjas and I think this guy is creepy:

:dancer:

so party::jumping1:party:

Are you able to share dates?

:banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter