Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

March%202016_1.jpg

March%20Easter%202016_1.jpg

Last edited:
OK, so I didn't notice until this month that there was a cut back in the schedule for the afternoon pool party and the campfire for a few months. It looks like since December, these two activities have only been scheduled on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

I don't know if it is a permanent change, but I hope it is just for the winter months.

:)

What are March SAB pool hours? We gain an extra hour of sunlight March 13th, Wondering if pool hours will be adjusted? I am @ 10 day count down to my "toes in the water and rear in the sand" at SAB.

What are March SAB pool hours? We gain an extra hour of sunlight March 13th, Wondering if pool hours will be adjusted? I am @ 10 day count down to my "toes in the water and rear in the sand" at SAB.

We don't necessarily know the pool hours. The only place I have ever seen them posted is on a sign poolside. The hours of operation can change from week to week and even day to day based on the crowd level and weather conditions.

If someone who is there now could let us know that current pool hours, that would be great.

Also, what is the condition of the slide? I believe there was some work done in mid-January, just after I left, and I'm interested in reviews from anyone who has tried the slide.

Thanks!!!

:fish:

My daughter and I will be arriving at the BC on May 19. I originally booked the BC and then changed to the Poly thinking it would be nice to stay somewhere different - especially since the main pool at the Poly is finished. Then I upgraded to Club level at the Poly as a special treat. But then I couldn't stop thinking about our "home", the Beach Club. So I changed it a third time to club level at BC! So excited! My DD and I have never traveled without the rest of the family so it will be a special girls only trip for us.:lovestruc

Hi. So our extended family is staying BC August 20-27 (thanks Dee for adding us to the list,) and I have a quick question. My disney-adult daughter may stay in my mom's room as my mom is alone in that room but does anyone know if my daughter's magic band could be programmed to open my room also? Or at the very least, could the front desk give my daughter a room key to be able to enter my room also? Just wondering in advance. Thanks!

Thanks for your insight. I don't think of any of those sounds would bother us.

I echo what PP said: the noise is not an issue from the YC CL lagoon view rooms.

Also, keep in mind that the quiet pool view at the YC looks out toward woods (and the quiet pool). Perfectly fine, but it's unlike BC where the quiet pool is still in the direction of the lagoon. I would not request the YC quiet pool view if I were paying for lagoon/ pool view. I'd much prefer to be facing the lagoon.

Hi. So our extended family is staying BC August 20-27 (thanks Dee for adding us to the list,) and I have a quick question. My disney-adult daughter may stay in my mom's room as my mom is alone in that room but does anyone know if my daughter's magic band could be programmed to open my room also? Or at the very least, could the front desk give my daughter a room key to be able to enter my room also? Just wondering in advance. Thanks!

I don't know exact answer to the question on MB programming for two rooms. But, I'm sure you can get another "key" to open the door. Also, an old magic band of anyone in the your room should also work.

You could request connecting rooms. Many, if not most of the rooms have a connecting door to the next room. As long as both connecting doors are unlocked, she would not even have to go out into the corridor from her room.

I also agree with HelenParr about a keycard requested at the front desk. You should also be able to request an extra Magic Band, as many guests check in and realize they forgot to bring their band. As long as your daughter does not mind the generic gray color. :)

Sorry for the late response, but just wanted to say THANK YOU to WoodNymph/Sue for the information about the heavenly mattress at the BC. I contacted Simmons and received an immediate and very thorough response. Apparently this is a common request as she even attached an order form for the mattress set as well as accessories such as protectors! I was surprised to see that the price was quite reasonable (at least I think so for the quality of the mattress), and included delivery in 3-4 weeks. I am wondering if this is because there is no "middle man"?? Here is the excerpt from the email I received. The order form is a PDF and I can't figure out how to post it. If anyone wants it, I all be happy to forward it to you, please PM me.

"Thank you for your interest in the quality bedding products offered through the Simmons Guest Purchase Program. The Simmons bed sets used in hotels are commercial models that are not available for sale in retail stores. Commercial bed sets are developed independently of the retail offering and are engineered to a specific comfort level and a much higher durability standard due to the potential rigors that may be placed upon them in the commercial setting. Our service makes the entire commercial offering of the Simmons Company available for sale and home delivery to hotel guests throughout the United States.
Attached is not only product information, but also an order form for the "non-flip / maintenance-free" Simmons Hospitality Collection Beautyrest® Disney® Deluxe Plush bed set featured exclusively in Disney® Properties: Disney Beach Club Resort Orlando, FL. This Beautyrest® model is not sold in any retail bedding outlet, represents one of the top commercial bed sets made by Simmons, and incorporates the latest innovations in sleep system design!
I have also included information and pricing on our Mattress Safe™ line of mattress and pillow protectors made of a comfortable stretch fabric that are not only breathable and non-allergenic, but also fire retardant and waterproof. These truly unique covers are impermeable to dust mites, bed bugs, mold and bacteria and add an unsurpassed layer of protection for your new bed set.
To place an order you can give us a call, or you can complete the form and forward back to us either by mail, e-mail, or by facsimile. If you have any questions, whatsoever, please feel free to give us a call and one of our bedding consultants will be happy to assist you Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm EST. Thanks again, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Delivery is currently running 3-4 weeks or sooner. Please call for your location's estimate."

The following prices are for both the mattress and foundation, and include shipping to your home, as well as set up and removal of your old mattress set:

Twin set
page1image30968

38” x 75”
$1199
page1image33928
page1image34248

Twin XL set
38” x 80”
$1249

Full set
54” x 75”
page1image43576

$1299
page1image45424
page1image45744
page1image46232
page1image46392

Queen set
60” x 80”
page1image50312

$1449
page1image51656
page1image51976

King set
76” x 80”
page1image56040

$1649
page1image57384
page1image57704

California King set
72” x 84”
$1649

Let me know if anyone wants further information!!

page1image67144
page1image67304
page1image67464
page1image67624

Does anyone know if, when checking in at the YC, will they expect me to show them my AP at that time? I'm considering upgrading my 7-day PH since I can get a bit of a room discount. But, we won't arrive until 7:00 pm or after, so I'm a little nervous about the timeline. Anyone with experience with this at the YC?

I have not experienced it first hand, but everything I've read on this question said that as long as you explain what you're doing at check-in and go back to the front desk and show them the AP by the next day, you're all set.

I have not experienced it first hand, but everything I've read on this question said that as long as you explain what you're doing at check-in and go back to the front desk and show them the AP by the next day, you're all set.
Thanks so much!

Make sure you start the rental search well before the 11 month window. As you said it books very fast. We are staying this year for F&W and I found an owner to rent from 12 months in advance and finalized all the details so she could book exactly at 11 months. Good luck, you'll love it there:)

Do you mind me asking a few financial questions? (I am planning to do the same thing with a colleague at work) Did you pay the full balance up front? Did you discuss and plan for the possibility of having to cancel and what would happen if you had to?
If you would prefer to PM me, let me know. Thanks!

Does anyone know if, when checking in at the YC, will they expect me to show them my AP at that time? I'm considering upgrading my 7-day PH since I can get a bit of a room discount. But, we won't arrive until 7:00 pm or after, so I'm a little nervous about the timeline. Anyone with experience with this at the YC?
We stayed at YC last weekend under an AP room discount and were never asked to show our cards. Didn't even realize until I read your question....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts