Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We arrived at YC today for 3 nights of our split stay, and everyone has been perfect. So dark we have a View of Illuminations, delicious dinner at Beaches and Cream, quiet afternoon at SB, a wedding outside our room - I think we all agree that YC is now our favorite resort.

Any questions while we are her?

The first night we arrive we are staying at All Star Sports. Transferring the next morning to BC CL. I am guessing the easiest way to get to BC is by taxi? That way we can take our luggage with us.

page 410

Does anyone have an update on the renovations of the Beach Club Villas? I read on the first page that some of the fifth and fourth floor rooms were blocked off in mid-January, but was looking to see if anyone knew about progress since then. We are staying there in mid April and are a little concerned about the construction and noise/dust. Thank you!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for April.

:cool1:

I know you have seen subsequent posts with some pictures of the new rooms.

Not sure what the progress of the construction will be by April. I think it took about a month for work on the 5th floor wing that was renovated.

I also don't know if it would be honored if you requested "Renovated room, if possible" or "Room away from construction, please"

:thumbsup2

We are finally heading back home after having our four night vacation turn into a six night stay.

*snip*

We got to the MK by 8:45am but they didn't have an opening ceremony that morning. I wonder if it is part of their cutbacks.

Thanks so much for the review and detailed info!

So when you arrived at 8:45, were they still waiting to let people in, but no opening show?

:goodvibes

There are two laundry rooms. The other one is near room 1530.
You can monitor the laundry rooms at the website

http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

The website will tell you how many washers and dryers are available so you don't have to make a trip down there unless there is availability.

Thanks! I didn't have the Laundry View website on the front page, and was confused about the location of the BC laundry rooms, so I just revised and corrected some of the laundry info.

:laundy:

So when you arrived at 8:45, were they still waiting to let people in, but no opening show?
They let us in a few minutes after 8:45am because it was so crowded that they couldn't fit anymore people in the waiting area. The rides were open a little early, too. I was a little disappointed not to see the show since we so rarely arrive before rope drop. But we've seen it once so that's okay if we didn't see it again.

Thanks! I didn't have the Laundry View website on the front page, and was confused about the location of the BC laundry rooms, so I just revised and corrected some of the laundry info.
This laundry room is located between room 1530 and 1532, at the end of the hall next to an exit door.

They let us in a few minutes after 8:45am because it was so crowded that they couldn't fit anymore people in the waiting area. The rides were open a little early, too. I was a little disappointed not to see the show since we so rarely arrive before rope drop. But we've seen it once so that's okay if we didn't see it again.

This laundry room is located between room 1530 and 1532, at the end of the hall next to an exit door.

Thanks! That's a better description than I had and have now. originally I had "laundry room near room 1532." then I changed it to "near 1530"

In between 1530 and 1532 covers it best!

:thumbsup2

The only room I can get for May right now is a CL Lagoon/pool view at the YC. I am fine with CL but wonder if these rooms are loud?

The only room I can get for May right now is a CL Lagoon/pool view at the YC. I am fine with CL but wonder if these rooms are loud?

We've stayed in those rooms a few times and I wouldn't consider them to be loud. With the balcony door closed, we really didn't hear much noise except for when they were doing the games by the pool in the afternoon. You do hear the fireworks from Epcot (and depending on your room location you can see the high ones), but that would probably be true in any room at either YC or BC.

We've stayed in those rooms a few times and I wouldn't consider them to be loud. With the balcony door closed, we really didn't hear much noise except for when they were doing the games by the pool in the afternoon. You do hear the fireworks from Epcot (and depending on your room location you can see the high ones), but that would probably be true in any room at either YC or BC.

Thanks for your insight. I don't think of any of those sounds would bother us.

Sorry for the late response, but just wanted to say THANK YOU to WoodNymph/Sue for the information about the heavenly mattress at the BC. I contacted Simmons and received an immediate and very thorough response. Apparently this is a common request as she even attached an order form for the mattress set as well as accessories such as protectors! I was surprised to see that the price was quite reasonable (at least I think so for the quality of the mattress), and included delivery in 3-4 weeks. I am wondering if this is because there is no "middle man"?? Here is the excerpt from the email I received. The order form is a PDF and I can't figure out how to post it. If anyone wants it, I all be happy to forward it to you, please PM me.

"Thank you for your interest in the quality bedding products offered through the Simmons Guest Purchase Program. The Simmons bed sets used in hotels are commercial models that are not available for sale in retail stores. Commercial bed sets are developed independently of the retail offering and are engineered to a specific comfort level and a much higher durability standard due to the potential rigors that may be placed upon them in the commercial setting. Our service makes the entire commercial offering of the Simmons Company available for sale and home delivery to hotel guests throughout the United States.
Attached is not only product information, but also an order form for the "non-flip / maintenance-free" Simmons Hospitality Collection Beautyrest® Disney® Deluxe Plush bed set featured exclusively in Disney® Properties: Disney Beach Club Resort Orlando, FL. This Beautyrest® model is not sold in any retail bedding outlet, represents one of the top commercial bed sets made by Simmons, and incorporates the latest innovations in sleep system design!
I have also included information and pricing on our Mattress Safe™ line of mattress and pillow protectors made of a comfortable stretch fabric that are not only breathable and non-allergenic, but also fire retardant and waterproof. These truly unique covers are impermeable to dust mites, bed bugs, mold and bacteria and add an unsurpassed layer of protection for your new bed set.
To place an order you can give us a call, or you can complete the form and forward back to us either by mail, e-mail, or by facsimile. If you have any questions, whatsoever, please feel free to give us a call and one of our bedding consultants will be happy to assist you Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm EST. Thanks again, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Delivery is currently running 3-4 weeks or sooner. Please call for your location's estimate."

The following prices are for both the mattress and foundation, and include shipping to your home, as well as set up and removal of your old mattress set:

Twin set
page1image30968

38” x 75”
$1199
page1image33928
page1image34248

Twin XL set
38” x 80”
$1249

Full set
54” x 75”
page1image43576

$1299
page1image45424
page1image45744
page1image46232
page1image46392

Queen set
60” x 80”
page1image50312

$1449
page1image51656
page1image51976

King set
76” x 80”
page1image56040

$1649
page1image57384
page1image57704

California King set
72” x 84”
$1649

Let me know if anyone wants further information!!

page1image67144
page1image67304
page1image67464
page1image67624

Sorry for the late response, but just wanted to say THANK YOU to WoodNymph/Sue for the information about the heavenly mattress at the BC. I contacted Simmons and received an immediate and very thorough response. Apparently this is a common request as she even attached an order form for the mattress set as well as accessories such as protectors! I was surprised to see that the price was quite reasonable (at least I think so for the quality of the mattress), and included delivery in 3-4 weeks. I am wondering if this is because there is no "middle man"??

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to purchase the mattress and for providing the order form. I'll put this all together in a post to add to the front page post about how to bring the Beach Club home to you.

I would like to add my thanks to Sue for getting the info for you.

What a great team we have here!!!

:grouphug:

Hi! We'll be at the YC in a few weeks. Does anyone know the Movie Under the Stars schedule? Is there a way to see the Activity Schedule before we leave?

:welcome: to the thread and thanks for the reminder! I'll post the activities schedule in just a minute.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter