Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I can tell that they did indeed add the pull down bed! I hope my request for a higher room increases the odd of getting a new room. This way younger son has his own bed and I dont have to pack the air mattress! YAY!

Thanks for posting the pictures of the refurbished villas rooms. It looks very nice but it looks like they took out the huge whirlpool bathtub in the master suite. I really liked that tub. The mattress in the BCV picture is not the same as the mattress we had in our room at the BC, room 1634. We had a handicap room for our last two nights and the mattress was wonderful. :)

We arrived home on Friday after a very nice BC vacation. I must admit that it was nice to have the weekend to recover from our trip rather than having to go to work the next day. :)

Thank you for the BCV pics natebenma and to be tink. I have just posted a link to this page on the DVC Resorts forum, for all those people who were as keen as me to know what they were going to look like!!

I think it looks great.

They are nicely updated. However, where's the Beach Club theming? To me, those could have been pictures of any nice hotel. That bathroom looked just like the one I saw on our last stay in Houston.

I always considered them similar to BWV rooms and that trend continues. However, theming at both is now similar to VGF. lol Perhaps they just don't want us to be confused when we wake up and to make us have to go outside to see where we are?! ;)

<Snip>The checkin was a little bumpy- busy and the cm was not very magical,

<Snip> we then went for celebratory drinks at trader sams where we encountered a rude cm and were a little chilly but still on cloud 9.

I just wanted to say that if you remember the CM's name you can shoot an email off to Guest services: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and write a brief description of your unfortunate encounter. The under performing CM's behavior will be reported to their manager and they will receive counseling on how to improve their guest interactions.

This is also true for CM's that make your day magical. Shoot off an email reporting how they made your day and their manager will also be notified of a job well done.

I downloaded one of those free post it note apps for my phone (mine is called sticky notes I think) and that's where I keep a note of who has been naughty and who has been nice while I am in the world.

When you encounter a CM that is less than magical, chances are that the majority of people that they are interacting with will also have less than magical encounters. Hardly anyone knows that that best way to neutralize the crabby CM is to inform guest services. When management is made aware that there is a problem an intervention will occur and that sends a message to the CM that they need to get their act together or they will be moving on.

I think of it like it is Darwin's survival of the fittest.

I also really love knowing that when I write a message relaying how a CM has helped me make my day more magical that not only will they hear about it but their managers will know what a valuable employee they have working in their department... and who doesn't love a little positive encouragement applied in all the right places?

~NM

I absolutely LOVE the new BCV rooms - wow!!! Thanks Dee! We're considering either BC or Poly Villas for Marathon Weekend next year, but now I'll watch for rates at BCV too. I usually dislike a kitchen on vacation, but I'm planning to run Dopey, so that's a lot of early mornings and a kitchen, laundry and a separate sleeping area would really help. Does the pull-down bed mean the 1-bedroom will accommodate a party of 5? It's still listed as max capacity of 4 on the website.

Actually the expiration only applies to one day tickets, not multi-day tickets. A one day ticket purchased tomorrow and after must be used by 12/31/2017.

So far. I wouldn't be surprised to see them enact this for all tickets very soon. They've been doing it at Disneyland for years.

IME, this 'expiration' thing on the tickets is to prevent people from buying multiple tickets to get multiple sets of FP+.

That's so frustrating! The one bedrooms have the storage space to handle a 5th person but the studios for 5 are pretty cramped! Bummer!

That said - I do think that it will make a studio for 3 (2 adults and 1 kid) better - as they can keep the couch functioning as a couch!

Thanks for posting the pictures Dee!

Absolutely love the look of the refurbed villas! We are going for F&W in 2017 and we are hoping to be able to stay at BCV on rental points. I know BCV fills up quickly for F&W so fingers crossed we will be able to book something. With the newly renovated rooms, I'm sure they will become even more popular!

A couple of questions concerning YC/BC Marina. Do they rent Sea Raycers? If they do where are you allowed to take them? Is it limited to Crescent Lake or can you go over to the Lake in front of HS?

Thanks

A couple of questions concerning YC/BC Marina. Do they rent Sea Raycers? If they do where are you allowed to take them? Is it limited to Crescent Lake or can you go over to the Lake in front of HS?

Thanks
They do rent Sea Racers and you can take them over to the DHS area. You can't take them into the World Showcase lake but the rest of Crescent Lake is fine.

I assume the dedicated 2 br will not get the murphy bed either? Side note, I'd love to see them convert all the dedicated 2brs to 2 queen beds. Having the pullout in a dedicated 2br seems silly to me.

They did not get them at VWL so no, I would not expect that. Supposedly the 2BR's with the pullout were due to a mistake and can't fit the 2 queen beds. I've only stayed in a 2Br lock-off there so haven't seen the dedicated with the 1Queen/sleeper set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter