Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

YC is our favorite resort and I have two boys who don't really like the food at the BC Marketplace. One night last summer we were back at YC due to rain and were looking for a QS meal. Since it was easier to forage for food by myself, I left them (middle-school age) in the room and went to Beaches and Cream for food. I sat the Beaches and Cream counter, and got take out.

They officially don't have take out, but I asked if I could order a bunch of food and then have it boxed up once it was delivered to me. They said I could. It worked out very well!

So if your son can't find anything to eat at the BC Marketplace, there are options!

Thanks for the tip! I looked at the menu and the elbow pasta might be another option that would work for him (minus the turkey marinara because he won't eat any type of meat).

Don't forget to go out by the pool at Hurricane Hannah's . It has other options for lunch. If I remember correctly, for a small fee; they can put the kid's meal in a bucket that comes with a shovel to use in the sand bar at the pool. Not sure if this is too juvenile for your son. Here is the link to the menu
http://allears.net/dining/menu/hurricane-hannas/all-day Have a great trip!

Thanks for the suggestion! He would actually love the bucket and pail, but not any of their food. We would probably order the kids turkey sandwich or something for him to get the pail and eat the carrots and grapes, and my 16 year old DS would eat the sandwich. Do you know if they are open during pool hours or just limited hours?

I'm coming home ... well not quite ... staying at the Cabins but I'm bringing Lily for a Nanny/Lily WDW trip on September 21st for six nights. Since we spend the majority of time at Magic Kingdom, being a boat ride away makes it easy. I tried hard to get her back to Disney this Spring but with the new house and all that is involved, it just isn't working out. But for Jeanne's spring break in mid-March, we are going to Huntington Beach and will spend one or two days at Disneyland. Not the same for sure but it will feed some of her Disney cravings!!!

I am settling in ... it's tough living out of two suitcases but I'm keeping real busy with Jeanne and Lily. I miss my Disney job and being in Florida so much. It seems like my life there with Bob was years ago. It's so hard thinking about it ... so I am doing the best I can and keeping busy and trying not to dwell on the past.

I know the Dis meet is in October this year, but it worked out better for Lily and I in September. However, that doesn't mean I won't come myself in October for the meet.

Miss you all!!!!!!! Hugs, Teena

Great to hear that you have the first Nanny/Lily trip planned. It will be a great getaway after you get through the spring and summer, settling into your new house. Would be great if you can get there in October as well.

Miss you too! Come closer to the Dis Meet... You're getting sleepy, sleeeeeepy, sleeeeeeepppppyyyyy, Book the Dis meet dates, Booook the dates, yes, that's it, booook 'em...

Really!?
Hmm... why would someone who doesn't have a trip booked be sad about BTM being closed for refurb??

Closer! Come closer to the Dis Meet... You're getting sleepy, sleeeeeepy, sleeeeeeepppppyyyyy, Book the Dis meet dates, Booook the dates, yes, that's it, booook 'em...

Me thinks that mentally you are committed to coming but you haven't booked yet? You better book a package now to lock in the ticket rates before the big price increase. You can always ditch the package if things don't work out...
Tick tock, tick tock! Saturday seems to be the last day to book before the price increase if you believe the scuttle butt.

The only consolation for me about BTM is that in January I shared the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness with two dear friends.

View attachment 153214

What fun we had that night!

I think Teena even determined that BTM would be ok for Lily- hopefully she will get a chance to ride in DL.

:goodvibes:

Well I may have been tempted by all this October talk and may have bought myself some theme park tickets before the prices rise. Looks like I'll be at Disney in October too! Yay!!

I was looking forward to recreating some fun on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness, but it looks like I'll have to be satisfied with just this memorable moment which Dee was smart enough to capture with a photo! :)

Great to hear that you have the first Nanny/Lily trip planned. It will be a great getaway after you get through the spring and summer, settling into your new house. Would be great if you can get there in October as well.

Well I may have been tempted by all this October talk and may have bought myself some theme park tickets before the prices rise. Looks like I'll be at Disney in October too! Yay!!

:)

If the thread is not shut down for indecency I would love to help you post the photos when I get home.

OMG there are MORE photos of Matthew and me? We are going to have to be a lot more careful. Apparently this outfit I have him walking around in is attracting too much attention.

1411042708_matthew-mcconaughey-zoom.jpg

Alright? (Alright, alright...)

~NM

We are staying at the YC in June and are so excited! We have never been to the YC or BC, so I'm not familiar with the layout other than from photos. Our DS has autism and is an extremely picky eater...
In addition to the other suggestions you might also consider visiting the QS options over at the Swan or Dolphin.

According to the security woman patrolling the refurbished room hallway on the 5th floor of BVC, they will be filling the rooms this afternoon!

I'm jealous of those people! I'm trying to figure out my chances of getting a refurbed room when we check in in June. Wondering how much of the resort will be done at point based on how much they've done in the time they've had so far.

So along with the tiered ticket pricing increases (currently only for 1 day tickets) they are also introducing expiring tickets, for all ticket types. This means that tickets purchased in 2016 must be used in 2016. Tickets purchased in 2017 must be used in 2017. Etc. Etc. They have been doing this at Disneyland for years, but it is new to DisneyWorld. This means that you will no longer be able to purchase tickets in one year to avoid the following year's price increases.

I spoke with my husband about it, and looking at the % increases for 1 day tickets, we decided to go ahead and purchase 6 day hoppers for our June 2018 trip. I know, it seems far in advance, but the way prices are going up and up, it could end up being a significant savings.

In any case, if someone is looking at heading to WDW in early 2017, you may want to buy your tickets now, before this new expiration policy goes into effect.

So along with the tiered ticket pricing increases (currently only for 1 day tickets) they are also introducing expiring tickets, for all ticket types. This means that tickets purchased in 2016 must be used in 2016. Tickets purchased in 2017 must be used in 2017. Etc. Etc. They have been doing this at Disneyland for years, but it is new to DisneyWorld. This means that you will no longer be able to purchase tickets in one year to avoid the following year's price increases.

Actually the expiration only applies to one day tickets, not multi-day tickets. A one day ticket purchased tomorrow and after must be used by 12/31/2017.

Last edited:
Hi so I am a newbie to DVC but as I understand it the main difference is the housekeeping. You should not have a problem with availability if the room is booked at 11 months out. Cancellation is also not as flexible as cash reservation. The owner can book magical express and the dining plan if you want it. Once the reservation is made the owner can give you the confirmation # and you can link to MDE to make fast pass, dining etc.

Thank you! I talked to her about the possibility of cancellation and she said that was no problem because she has trip insurance. I hope that is true!

Ive been reading about the ticket price hikes that are happening!!! This doesn't really affect the UK market as we mostly buy packages and there are different pricing strategies for the UK market for ticket only prices. But, I do wonder if Disney will soon be looking to hike up our prices as well. We still have 2 annual pass vouchers to exchange for actual annual passes that we received as part of our wedding package. We were told that the voucher would not expire, but now I wonder if I should bring them along this trip and enquire about them at guest services. They are not something we have ever needed to use (due to the UK package always including tickets). Ugh its just such a waste of them but I cant see what to do!

Ive been reading about the ticket price hikes that are happening!!! This doesn't really affect the UK market as we mostly buy packages and there are different pricing strategies for the UK market for ticket only prices. But, I do wonder if Disney will soon be looking to hike up our prices as well. We still have 2 annual pass vouchers to exchange for actual annual passes that we received as part of our wedding package. We were told that the voucher would not expire, but now I wonder if I should bring them along this trip and enquire about them at guest services. They are not something we have ever needed to use (due to the UK package always including tickets). Ugh its just such a waste of them but I cant see what to do!

My understanding- and someone please correct me if I am wrong- is that properties of tickets you purchase will be based on the policies in effect at the time they were purchased. If the AP vouchers you have were non-expiring when purchased, they should remain so, even though NEW tickets purchased from today forward have different rules.

I remember when Disney went from the multi-day tickets you purchased that you would get stamped, you could use them from trip to trip until you used all days purchased. I think they will still honor them (and if they were park hopper then, they will still be park hopper now, even though they went from 2 parks to 4 parks.

I still have an old ticket book with unused coupons for some A rides- teacups, anyone?

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Just wanted to report I am checked in to yacht club garden view, had requested gazebo view and got first floor by the gazebo! The room is great and doesn't look worn at all so I'm very happy, already saw a bunny out my balcony! The checkin was a little bumpy- busy and the cm was not very magical, also had to wait past 3 for our room and we were exhausted from our drive. Had lunch at captains grill and it was amazing!! Lobster roll and the German grapefruit beer! Yum. (Also the tartar sauce is out of this world there) then went over to the poly to catch the sunset before trader sams and ohana.. At lookout point my boyfriend proposed!!!! Couldn't have been more magical :) we then went for celebratory drinks at trader sams where we encountered a rude cm and were a little chilly but still on cloud 9. Ohana was amazing as usual, got a great table and view of wishes :) and our 'just engaged' buttons from the concierge desk!!:tink:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to report I am checked in to yacht club garden view, had requested gazebo view and got first floor by the gazebo! The room is great and doesn't look worn at all so I'm very happy, already saw a bunny out my balcony! The checkin was a little bumpy- busy and the cm was not very magical, also had to wait past 3 for our room and we were exhausted from our drive. Had lunch at captains grill and it was amazing!! Lobster roll and the German grapefruit beer! Yum. (Also the tartar sauce is out of this world there) then went over to the poly to catch the sunset before trader sams and ohana.. At lookout point my boyfriend proposed!!!! Couldn't have been more magical :) we then went for celebratory drinks at trader sams where we encountered a rude cm and were a little chilly but still on cloud 9. Ohana was amazing as usual, got a great table and view of wishes :) and our 'just engaged' buttons from the concierge desk!!:tink:

How awesome!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

party:

My understanding- and someone please correct me if I am wrong- is that properties of tickets you purchase will be based on the policies in effect at the time they were purchased. If the AP vouchers you have were non-expiring when purchased, they should remain so, even though NEW tickets purchased from today forward have different rules.

I remember when Disney went from the multi-day tickets you purchased that you would get stamped, you could use them from trip to trip until you used all days purchased. I think they will still honor them (and if they were park hopper then, they will still be park hopper now, even though they went from 2 parks to 4 parks.

That's my understanding also. Disney will honor the tickets and entitlements included at the time they were purchased. Several years ago, I found a stack of partially used tickets I purchased when Animal Kingdom opened in 1998. These were tickets that had the magnetic stripe on the back so I had no idea if they were still valid or not. I had guest services at Downtown Disney scan them for me and each one had several days on them. These were 7-day all-in-one tickets that included admission to all of the theme parks and water parks for the number of days indicated. The CM said they would still be honored even though these ticket types had not been offered for many years. He transferred to tickets over to the new RFID tickets and indicated on each one how many days were left. I felt like I had discovered gold!

Last edited:
We are staying at BCV right now on the 5th floor. Today the doorway leading to the wing they are renovating came down. The hallway looks lovely. Some of the doors were ajar. At one point I thought I heard, "help the pool noodles are attacking". Filled with concern and armed with my phone camera I knocked and yelled out hello? at a couple of doors. No answer, so I took a peak and some pics. I didn't find Ninja Mom or any of her crew, so I'm assuming they are all safe. I will post the pics as soon as I figure out how. The renovation doorway is still up on the 4th floor and with a little peak through a crack I could see they were still working on the hallway.

According to the security woman patrolling the refurbished room hallway on the 5th floor of BVC, they will be filling the rooms this afternoon! (Sunday Feb 28)

Thanks, to be tink!!!

late February 2016
539%202.jpg
540%202.jpg
547%202.jpg

entry.jpg

bed.jpg

liv%20room.jpg

couch.jpg

tv.jpg

bedroom.jpg

bedroom2.jpg

kitchen.jpg

bar%20sink.jpg

vanity.jpg

tub.jpg

shower.jpg

NICE WORK!!!

Thank you!

:worship::worship::worship:

Last edited:

Congratulations! Love your avatar picture. :)

Thanks for the new photos of the villas!! We are going in June--I need to figure out how to request a refurbished room now!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter