Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. Unfortunately I can't change my reservation ahead of time, as it's booked with the "magical" agency, and the only thing I could get for my parents was a YC room with the spring special (thankfully). I suppose I'm just curious how much wiggle room there is upon check in. I would definitely consider moving to the YC if that was our only option, even though I love the idea of the refurbished rooms. Thanks for the tip about requesting a room near the lobby for them--I didn't think about that!
Have you checked availability on Orbitz? Sometimes it's different than other booking channels. They have a promo for an extra 15% discount, in addition to the Disney Spring discount, if you use promo code "funfunfun." A room, only, reservation can usually be cancelled with a minimum five day notice, providing a full refund of your deposit. Beware, if booking with Orbitz, it sometimes shows a $25 cancellation fee, for any cancellations/changes. When I have used the app, however, I have not seen that.

The other thought I had was to check availability for at least the first night at the BC for your parents, and the balance of the stay at the YC. If they are already in a BC room, there may be better leverage to ask for the stay to be extended at the BC, once they are checked in there. You could also keep checking back before the trip, for the nights you would still need.

Either way, I'm sure it will work out, and everyone will have a great trip. How wonderful that your kids like to spend time with their grandparents!

Last edited:
For those who have seen the BC CL Lounge as of late, how does it compare to the old Yacht Club Regatta club lounge before the refurb? I know the views in these lounges aren't great, but we found YC to be very cramped, usually having to take food back to the room as seating was full. It's the only lounge we have had that issue. Thanks!

Just wanted to share with my BC peeps. My nephew got accepted to the Disney College Program! He got the character attendant role and should start after his college graduation in May. Hoping we can visit him with a Beach Club stay!
Awesome!! And a great reason to visit!

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. Unfortunately I can't change my reservation ahead of time, as it's booked with the "magical" agency, and the only thing I could get for my parents was a YC room with the spring special (thankfully). I suppose I'm just curious how much wiggle room there is upon check in. I would definitely consider moving to the YC if that was our only option, even though I love the idea of the refurbished rooms. Thanks for the tip about requesting a room near the lobby for them--I didn't think about that!

I agree with Shoreward. I think it is really important for you to be in the same hotel as your parents. I understand you got a special rate, but I think the distance apart will impact your vacation.
Trying on Orbitz is a good strategy.
Good Luck

What's the quickest way to get to the Polynesian from Yacht club? I'm thinking either bus to Epcot or MK then monorail, does anyone know? (Will have vehicle so if it's much easier could drive)

Actually, I would walk through Epcot to the Monorail. We avoid driving and buses as much as possible. We also use park hoppers. Hope that helps.

. While we are staying at BC, I could only manage to get my parents a room at YC. Since I'm unfamiliar with the size of the resorts, I'm wondering if someone can tell me how inconvenient this will potentially be, given we'll all be taking busses together and dining together, etc. My parents are not exactly spry anymore, to put it kindly, and they will be relying on me for most details. o_O

Bus service is better from YC. BC and YC share buses and they stop at YC first. Technically, your parents can get on the bus at YC and then you can get on with them when it stops at BC. The only thing that would cause an issue is if the bus got completely full at YC, then it would not stop at BC and they would be on their way and you would be waiting for the next bus. This does happen first thing in the morning sometimes. If you want to get on the bus together, then if they are not spry, it would be best for you to go to YC and get on with them there. We have found that since the bus stops at YC first you almost always get a seat if you get on at that stop. We have had several times in the mornings where we got on at YC and the seats were filled and then it was standing room only when it stopped at BC.

What's the quickest way to get to the Polynesian from Yacht club? I'm thinking either bus to Epcot or MK then monorail, does anyone know? (Will have vehicle so if it's much easier could drive)

To get to Poly or GF from the YC, we usually take the bus to MK, and then the boat from MK to the Poly or GF. We enjoy the boat ride.

Last edited:
We're staying BC at the end of April for a quick, bonus trip (three nights, four days)--first time at BC/YC after several stays at MK resorts. After I made our reservation, we asked my (almost elderly) parents to come along, as they've never been and it would mean a lot to my kids. While we are staying at BC, I could only manage to get my parents a room at YC. Since I'm unfamiliar with the size of the resorts, I'm wondering if someone can tell me how inconvenient this will potentially be, given we'll all be taking busses together and dining together, etc. My parents are not exactly spry anymore, to put it kindly, and they will be relying on me for most details. What are the chances the front desk would be able to move my parents to BC with us? Zero? Maybe? If not, am I going to drive myself nuts walking back and forth every time my mom can't figure out how to send use her new cell phone or show her how her MB works? o_O

This was our exact situation our last trip. Us at YC and in-laws at BC. It's not a bad walk to meet in YC lobby but they will need extra time if you prefer to get the buses there. We usually met at captains grill for breakfast each morning it worked out fine. Hope that reassures you if you can't get room changes made.

Not sure if this is the first time you have posted...

:welcome: to the thread and thanks for your input!

:goodvibes:

:thumbsup2

Thank you! We are excited to be heading down next week for a few days at Beach Club and then moving over to our DVC at Boardwalk. I've loved the information available here - super excited about the trip!! We haven't been for Flower and Garden for a few years, and it seems to have grown quite a bit since last time.

We are going to book BC with a magical deal. We stayed at YC in 2014 and had such a great time! We LOVED the YC and wanted to return there, but with the new rooms at BC, we have decided to give it a try. I just hope we can get a full balcony! If only they could hurry up and get the YC room refurbs started!!! ;)

I'm coming home ... well not quite ... staying at the Cabins but I'm bringing Lily for a Nanny/Lily WDW trip on September 21st for six nights. Since we spend the majority of time at Magic Kingdom, being a boat ride away makes it easy. I tried hard to get her back to Disney this Spring but with the new house and all that is involved, it just isn't working out. But for Jeanne's spring break in mid-March, we are going to Huntington Beach and will spend one or two days at Disneyland. Not the same for sure but it will feed some of her Disney cravings!!!

I am settling in ... it's tough living out of two suitcases but I'm keeping real busy with Jeanne and Lily. I miss my Disney job and being in Florida so much. It seems like my life there with Bob was years ago. It's so hard thinking about it ... so I am doing the best I can and keeping busy and trying not to dwell on the past.

I know the Dis meet is in October this year, but it worked out better for Lily and I in September. However, that doesn't mean I won't come myself in October for the meet.

Miss you all!!!!!!! Hugs, Teena

I'm coming home ... well not quite ... staying at the Cabins but I'm bringing Lily for a Nanny/Lily WDW trip on September 21st for six nights. Since we spend the majority of time at Magic Kingdom, being a boat ride away makes it easy. I tried hard to get her back to Disney this Spring but with the new house and all that is involved, it just isn't working out. But for Jeanne's spring break in mid-March, we are going to Huntington Beach and will spend one or two days at Disneyland. Not the same for sure but it will feed some of her Disney cravings!!!

I am settling in ... it's tough living out of two suitcases but I'm keeping real busy with Jeanne and Lily. I miss my Disney job and being in Florida so much. It seems like my life there with Bob was years ago. It's so hard thinking about it ... so I am doing the best I can and keeping busy and trying not to dwell on the past.

I know the Dis meet is in October this year, but it worked out better for Lily and I in September. However, that doesn't mean I won't come myself in October for the meet.

Sending you hugs :)

Missing you Teena!! :hug: Hopefully being so busy will speed up the time for you to bring sweet Lily "home" in September. LOVE the Cabins!!

I am so glad to hear from you Teena, I have been thinking of you and wondering how you are doing.
I am sure the transition is a hard one for you Teena. Hopefully once you are able to move into your new home, and unpack some of your own things, these will be a bit easier.

Just an FYI hearing that Disney will be raising Ticket Prices this sunday and it will be a tiered or dynamic pricing concept rather than the system we currently have.
I appreciate the heads up. I hope I can upgrade unused 10 day hoppers into an AP without it breaking the bank. Will have to see.

And another heads up!

It appears that the Big Thunder Mountain refurb has been pushed back. Originally scheduled for April to July, it is now listed as being down from 8/8 to 11/19 (BOO!!! During my trip - one of my favorite Disney rides)

I just changed a FP for one of my friends going in mid April.

Go get 'em!

Here's the thread if you want to read about- last pages

Big Thunder Mountain Refurb Changed

:cool1:

Not a BC question, but you all are my favorites!
We are booked at POR for April 6-11. Thinking of driving down on 4/5 and staying somewhere between Jacksonville and Disney, maybe right at Disney. Any recommendations, or specific places to avoid? Coming down the dreaded I95 from Raleigh, NC.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter