Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Afternoon Tea in the Solarium at the Beach Club

View attachment 151249

Reservations Open for Afternoon Tea at Disney’s Beach Club Resort

Looking for an elegant treat at Disney World? How about afternoon tea at the beautiful Crescent Solarium at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. Available on select dates (currently February 11-14, February 18-21, March 24-29, May 5-8, June 16-19, September 1-5), guests will have several tea services choose from all featuring a variety of small bites in addition to choices of beverages.

• Sea Side Park Tea
    First course featuring a selection of Artisan cheeses and seasonal accompaniments, second course petit sandwiches and canapés on house-made breads, third course scones served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, finale of house-made pastries and tea cookies. Accompanied by your choice of loose-leaf tea.
  • Sandy Cove Tea
    First course featuring petit sandwiches and canapés on house-made breads, second course features scones served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, house-made pastries and tea cookies. Served with your choice of loose-leaf tea.
  • Prince Cove Tea
    First course featuring house-made charcuterie and cheese plate, second course scones served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, finale house-made pastries and tea cookies. Accompanied by your choice of loose-leaf tea.
  • Short Sands Beach Tea
    Guests ages 3-9 can enjoy a first course of assorted tea sandwiches (shaped like Mickey Mouse), second course scone served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, finale chocolate chip cookies. Accompanied with special “dark tea” (chocolate milk).

I have been reading about this. I would totally loved if we had a trip planned for one of those Tea dates.

View attachment 151249

Looking for an elegant treat at Disney World? How about afternoon tea at the beautiful Crescent Solarium at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. Available on select dates (currently February 11-14, February 18-21, March 24-29, May 5-8, June 16-19, September 1-5), guests will have several tea services choose from all featuring a variety of small bites in addition to choices of beverages.

• Sea Side Park Tea
    First course featuring a selection of Artisan cheeses and seasonal accompaniments, second course petit sandwiches and canapés on house-made breads, third course scones served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, finale of house-made pastries and tea cookies. Accompanied by your choice of loose-leaf tea.
  • Sandy Cove Tea
    First course featuring petit sandwiches and canapés on house-made breads, second course features scones served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, house-made pastries and tea cookies. Served with your choice of loose-leaf tea.
  • Prince Cove Tea
    First course featuring house-made charcuterie and cheese plate, second course scones served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, finale house-made pastries and tea cookies. Accompanied by your choice of loose-leaf tea.
  • Short Sands Beach Tea
    Guests ages 3-9 can enjoy a first course of assorted tea sandwiches (shaped like Mickey Mouse), second course scone served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, finale chocolate chip cookies. Accompanied with special “dark tea” (chocolate milk).

I'll be there with my mom over Mother's Day. I'll have to think about doing this. My mom would love it.

page 388-390

I also have info about the Hess station near the Boardwalk. I believe the name has changed but I can't remember what it is. Anyone know?

I believe it is now Speedway. :)

Thank you!

:thumbsup2

Great information here! Does anyone know if Beaches and Cream has soft serve or is there a place to get soft serve at BC/YC?

:welcome:

Do you have an upcoming trip booked?

:cool1:

The first surprise is how many nights we are going for. I was planning on a three night stay, and when I asked Mike to firm up the dates he said lets go for four nights. I was pleasantly surprised and of course I quickly agreed.

We may head to Universal for a day and our anniversary dinner will be California Grill or Shulas.

Sounds great!

:woohoo:

Thanks so much for this. This is the mini cake that the Beach Club bakery did for my oldest DD 4 years ago and I was hoping to be able to get something similar this time around..
9f74ccea.jpg

That's a great cake!

::yes::

View attachment 151249

• Sea Side Park Tea
  • Sandy Cove Tea
  • Prince Cove Tea
  • Short Sands Beach Tea
do you have any idea what the costs are? Not that it will matter, as they aren't having it in Aug. but curious. Interesting that they have loose leaf. At GF they stopped using loose leaf :-( you'd think with what GF charges for tea, it should be loose leaf!

page 391-392

I just booked the BC tonight!! Last minute trip planned for March because i found out 2 of my girlfriends will be at Disney (one with her kids and the other is visiting her brother). I feel like I've researched the crap out of all the resorts since i'm going back in June for a surprise trip for my niece (staying at AoA Cars suite), but for some reason never really looked at the resorts in this area. And then today, i saw the light, and knew that I needed to change from where they are staying (Music resort) to here. I hope I did good because i didn't put in my usual 40 hours of research before changing, i just went with my gut feeling ;)

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Speaking from experience, it is so fun to be at Disney at the same time as friends!!!

:grouphug:

Hi everyone! :wave:

I just booked our trip for Nov. 11-15, and I am excited...but at the same time, I'm having some reservations. I booked through with a TA who has "magical" deals, and they are truly amazing! I never thought we'd be able to stay at BC, but because of the price, we were like "let's go for it!" However, the rooms are all SV; no option to upgrade.

The second-guessing began when I started investigating what the view is like and seeing all the rooftops. Kinda puts a damper on things. Plus the weather is always up for grabs in November - could be perfect, could be cold, so SAB could be a non-factor. BUT, EPCOT is our family's favorite park and it would be so fantastic to be able to walk there!

Our other option/choice would be POR. We stayed there once before and really enjoyed it's relaxed atmosphere and the QS with so many options.

In talking it through with DH (who really has no preference), I said that if for no other reason, it will be great to stay at a different resort, right? And, ultimately we're not really there for the view from our room. So, any other reassuring thoughts would be great! :goodvibes Maybe some suggestions on how to request the best SV possible (even though room request is a LONG way off!)? I've started reading through this thread trying to glean as much knowledge as possible, and I think y'all have a great community! I've made it to somewhere in the 30s :D

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Others have given you their experiences and advice about view. The only thing I might add is that if the rooftop views scare you, ask to be facing the front entrance parking lot. I assume you have been to the Beach Club View thread on the Community sub-forum to see some samples.

:goodvibes:

Hi! Our favorite resort is also Epcot. We have stayed at all the Epcot resorts. While it's always nice to have a nice view, the view is way less important than the access to the World Showcase entrance! It makes it so easy to pop over there. We try to have dinner in a different country every night.

Also, for the folks with concerns on the bus to MK from BC or YC- we never take the bus to MK when staying at the Epcot resorts. We walk through Epcot to the monorail station and head over that way. Just another option....

Just want to give you a :welcome: and thank you for the input.

But then you have to take another monorail to get to MK.

Haven't seen you post, so :welcome: and thanks for posting!

First stay at BCV in a number of years coming up in March. I think the last BC stay was around 2009, although not totally sure. Found a rental from March 11-14 for a studio a couple of weeks back. I had no plans for a trip, but Flower & Garden here we come! Also tacked on March 8-11 at The Dolphin.

:weclcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

We want to be close to Stormalong Bay as we plan to use it every afternoon on break from the parks. I was hoping they had an option for "Close to lobby." Would "Near elevator" be our best bet, or should I call to request Near Lobby? We booked a Standard View. Thanks!

As Wood Nymph indicated, "Near elevator" is the closest to request to "Near lobby". You could also add a request of "Near lobby" by phone to your reservations.

Page 392-393

We returned Tuesday night from a wonderful stay at the YC. We were supposed to come home on Monday, but darn it there was a blizzard at home and we had to stay another day.
*snip*

Thanks so much for your review. Glad you had a great trip!

Please add me to the BOG list for Oct 8 - 12 2016 YC CL for my 50th birthday. I am just going to try snd not worry about the renovations as who knows right now what will happen when .

My original plan was ABD California Backstage Magic - learn from my mistake - book when they are dates/prices are released. i hesitated and the price went up over 1000. It was already expensive to begin with so the increase made it more than I wanted to spend . ( this was a quote for 2 adults btw)

I love the EPCOT resort area and my husband hasn't stayed there yet . The last several trips were my DMom and younger DSon . looking forward to Food and Wine and hope to keep my promise of a more relaxed trip.

Been away from the boards for awhile as I it is hard when I don't have a trip planned.

side note - going on whirlwind solo trip in March as older DSon has college tennis tournament in Altamonte Springs. I can't be that close and not go to WDW ! I am probably going to upgrade to AP during that trip. Any advice on that ?

:welcome: back!

Will do!

Will someone please explain to me if there are any differences between a convention ticket and a regular ticket as far as using the ticket, MDE, fast pass booking window etc?

Are convention tickets at more of a discount than the discount ticket sellers prices?

Looking into this for a possible December BC stay!

:welcome: to the thread!

Let us know if you make a reservation for the BC.

Need a few opinions please. We currently have a bounceback trip at YC garden view club level booked for September. We might need to cancel that due DH's work. Won't be sure for a few months. Thinking of booking a trip for mid August as a
backup. We would keep Sept reservation for now & cancel 1 when we're more sure of the project dates.

Anyway, all I can get for August dates are YC standard view club or waterview BC club level. Dilemma: We really prefer YC over BC, but also really prefer waterview over standard. The cost difference with the deal is insignificant.

I am torn. We stayed BC club before the remodel & found the lounge inconvenient & small. I know it was enlarged in the remodel so that might help. Also it would be nice to see the new decor. I do use my balcony so the possibility of no balcony is depressing. Plus I really dislike the buses from BC. YC, I know we'd get a balcony, but I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much with a standard view room (usually book waterview). The thought of the far from the lounge room with the dumpster view -- just ugh! And if the room rehab starts, will we get bumped
somewhere else at the last minute?? Buuut, we love the YC atmosphere & lounge. Plus we prefer YC for buses with many fewer guests waiting at the stop & getting picked up first.

Ugh! I am so indecisive! It would be so much better if our original plans would work out! Anyway, give me some feed back please. Anyone know if there are any standard view club rooms at YC on the lake side?

I usually stay BC, so I don't have much info about the Yacht Club (my first stay there will be in October). The only two pieces of info/advice to you are to make sure you have checked out the various views on the two view threads (which you have probably already done). Also, there is a higher percentage of balconies at club level (more like 3/4 than 1/2 of rooms).

Good luck with your decision!

We may have to reschedule our trip to YC due to work schedules. The new dates we are looking at, we would have to stay at BC. We were fortunate enough last time we stayed there to get a full balcony, but in case we get a juliet balcony, would we be able to sit just inside the room at balcony and still enjoy it?

I haven't stayed in a room with a smaller balcony at the BC. You can open the door or the slider. I don't think you will find any balcony chairs in the room and I'm not sure if there two are chairs or just one in the room?

:confused3

almost online check in day for us! Hope to get a refurbed room so not sure what to click on the boxes, we really like the side of the building that faces the villa pool, we are staying DVC in a studio.

A couple of pages back (or on Page 1 there is a link) showing where the work is going on now. Not sure how long it will take to for the block(s) of rooms to be done, but you can try to figure out the best options for the room you want.

do you have any idea what the costs are? Not that it will matter, as they aren't having it in Aug. but curious. Interesting that they have loose leaf. At GF they stopped using loose leaf :-( you'd think with what GF charges for tea, it should be loose leaf!

I don't know. I haven't checked to see if you are able to book this through the Disney Dine website or just by calling but those may be some places to get prices.

Last edited:
I have updated the Be Our Guest list from the last week or so. But my brain and fingers are frozen, so please check out the info carefully and let me know if any changes need to be made.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

Later this morning we are headed about 3 hours north, on the coldest day of the year, to check out the University of Maine campus in Orono.

:cold::cold::cold::cold:

Last edited:
[QUOTE="natebenma, post: 55167669, member

Later this morning we are headed about 3 hours north, on the coldest day of the year, to check out the University of Maine campus in Orono.

Oh boy...well this will give you and yours a true picture of winters in Maine

We were fortunate enough last time we stayed there to get a full balcony, but in case we get a juliet balcony, would we be able to sit just inside the room at balcony and still enjoy it?

You can use the desk chair to sit almost outside on the balcony. :) It is almost like being outside.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Others have given you their experiences and advice about view. The only thing I might add is that if the rooftop views scare you, ask to be facing the front entrance parking lot. I assume you have been to the Beach Club View thread on the Community sub-forum to see some samples.

Thanks for the warm welcome and for adding me to the BOG list! I did visit the Club View Thread, and it was so helpful! I want to make sure that I take pictures while I am there so that I can pay it forward. At a resort like this, where the views vary so much, it is really helpful to get a realistic preview of what may be outside your balcony!

Dining at Disney offers a bit more info, including costs and how to make a reservation:

http://diningatdisney.com/10731-2/

Thank you for the information about the juliet balcony. Does anyone know if we would have a better chance at getting a full balcony if we requested water view at BC?

I have updated the Be Our Guest list from the last week or so. But my brain and fingers are frozen, so please check out the info carefully and let me know if any changes need to be made.

Stay warm!!! I thought it was cold here until I saw the temperatures further North. :eek: Good luck on the visit.

Happy Valentine's!

Thank you for the information about the juliet balcony. Does anyone know if we would have a better chance at getting a full balcony if we requested water view at BC?

No
Full balconies and Juliet balconies are pretty evenly spread across view categories.

Brrrr, stay safe, hope your packing Emerg supplies in case of breakdown.

Dining at Disney offers a bit more info, including costs and how to make a reservation:

http://diningatdisney.com/10731-2/
Thanks for the info! Going to check link now!

Please add us to the BOG list -
April 19-24, 2016 @ BCV - 1br prior to DCL cruise
May 6-12, 2017 @ BCV - 2br prior to DCL cruise

Thanks Dee!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter