Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes, they are legit. I've known several people who booked and were quite happy with the savings. Con? There are usually date restrictions.
They've been running this promotion annually as far as I know, and upon booking they provided me with a reference number that loaded into MDE just fine. I'm guessing that as it's an exclusive, they just bulk booked a huge amount of rooms across the various delux resorts.

Edit: agreed on the con, the date restrictions are August and very few early September check ins as far as I know.

They've been running this promotion annually as far as I know, and upon booking they provided me with a reference number that loaded into MDE just fine. I'm guessing that as it's an exclusive, they just bulk booked a huge amount of rooms across the various delux resorts.

Edit: agreed on the con, the date restrictions are August and very few early September check ins as far as I know.
I agree. I think the rate is pretty much like a conference or convention rate.

Thank you! We don't do hoppers so running into EPCOT every day to just eat won't happen but I did check out the post on the first page last night and between those offerings and the BW I think we are more than fine. I appreciate your responses.

We'll be staying at BC from 8/14-8/21. We booked a magical deal as well. I believe they book blocks at a convention rate and that's why they are able to offer them at such a low cost with slightly discounted tickets. I booked two rooms through them with 7 day tickets for under $4500 (we are a family of 7.) Also a free water park ticket. I have a couple of friends that used them last year and were pleased so we are giving it a try. I usually book on my own direct through Disney but I couldn't pass up the price.

We returned Tuesday night from a wonderful stay at the YC. We were supposed to come home on Monday, but darn it there was a blizzard at home and we had to stay another day. party: If was tough but we managed...I mean where would you rather be...in a blizzard or in sunny Florida.:beach:

The new CL lounge is beautiful, with a noticeable upgrade in the food offerings. Breakfast has meat and cheese, orange and grapefruit slices, oatmeal, quinoa, a couple other dishes can't remember what, the usual assortment of pastries, muffins, and bagels. The evening offerings were a bit more fancy that before...I'm a picky eater so actually liked the offerings before. Afternoons were cookies, trail mix, Swedish fish, etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, we weren't there much except for breakfast.

We were watching the Super Bowl at the ESPN Club with friends when I got the text that our flight for Monday was cancelled. We left at half time to go back to the resort to change our flight and find a place to stay...we were homeless. :rotfl2: They had a room at the YC but we got kicked out of CL. :sad1: We were supposed to have CL access for the rest of the day, but our bands didn't work on the elevator Monday evening. :sad2: We had a late lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby so we didn't try to go up earlier and we really weren't hungry...otherwise I would have said something because we were told we had access and have always had it at other resorts. I was able to get a flight for Tuesday. We stopped at the Car Care Center to add an extra day to our rental on our way to HS. So all in all it was a pretty easy process.

Anyway we had two rooms, one CL and one regular. Both rooms were in excellent condition, other than some scratches on the furniture. Carpet, wallpaper, tiles in the bathroom did not look like they needed a referb.

The parks were crowded and the weather was a bit colder than normal, and we did have some rain...but as the saying goes a rainy day in Florida is better than a sunny day at work. ::yes:: It is very cold here today...why did I come home???:confused3

This talk about magical offers had me curious so I did a google search and the quote I received will save me $1400 over what I've already booked directly through Disney. :eek: I can't help but wonder if it's legit and what are the cons? There has to be cons, right?
I'm saving over $1200 on my 7 night reservation at the Beach Club for October.

Yes, they are legit. I've known several people who booked and were quite happy with the savings. Con? There are usually date restrictions.
I used them last year for an October reservation at POFQ - saved me around $600. You have to pay off the balance 45 days prior to your arrival date. I think the cancellation policy is five days prior to arrival for a room only reservation. If you book the room only reservation and purchase tickets from Undercover Tourist (or another ticket discount outlet), you can add the tickets on MDE without any issues.

I'm saving over $1200 on my 7 night reservation at the Beach Club for October.

I used them last year for an October reservation at POFQ - saved me around $600. You have to pay off the balance 45 days prior to your arrival date. I think the cancellation policy is five days prior to arrival for a room only reservation. If you book the room only reservation and purchase tickets from Undercover Tourist (or another ticket discount outlet), you can add the tickets on MDE without any issues.

I've ised them for two trips - one last August and one for this May. The only downside I can see is if you don't like the idea of a travel agency controlling the reservation. It's never been an issue for me, and the savings are well worth it.

Please add me to the BOG list for Oct 8 - 12 2016 YC CL for my 50th birthday. I am just going to try snd not worry about the renovations as who knows right now what will happen when .

My original plan was ABD California Backstage Magic - learn from my mistake - book when they are dates/prices are released. i hesitated and the price went up over 1000. It was already expensive to begin with so the increase made it more than I wanted to spend . ( this was a quote for 2 adults btw)

I love the EPCOT resort area and my husband hasn't stayed there yet . The last several trips were my DMom and younger DSon . looking forward to Food and Wine and hope to keep my promise of a more relaxed trip.

Been away from the boards for awhile as I it is hard when I don't have a trip planned.

side note - going on whirlwind solo trip in March as older DSon has college tennis tournament in Altamonte Springs. I can't be that close and not go to WDW ! I am probably going to upgrade to AP during that trip. Any advice on that ?

Yep... Just checked MDE and my tickets are "Convention 8 Day w/PH, FUN +1 FUN pre arrival"

Will someone please explain to me if there are any differences between a convention ticket and a regular ticket as far as using the ticket, MDE, fast pass booking window etc?

Are convention tickets at more of a discount than the discount ticket sellers prices?

Looking into this for a possible December BC stay!

Will someone please explain to me if there are any differences between a convention ticket and a regular ticket as far as using the ticket, MDE, fast pass booking window etc?

Are convention tickets at more of a discount than the discount ticket sellers prices?

Looking into this for a possible December BC stay!
There is no difference between a convention ticket and a regular ticket when it comes to booking and using fastpasses. It works like any other ticket. The only difference that I know of is that you can't make any changes to the ticket. You couldn't add an extra day, change it to a park hopper, or upgrade to an annual pass, for example.

^^This. I've used them before with no issue - reserved FP+s. Just can't change or upgrade. So, if you get a Base MYW and decide while you're there that you want to park hop, you're out of luck. But, you can change your mind beforehand and let the TA know. I don't know how far in advance, but I know you can change it up to a certain point.

I recently learned that a colleague of mine is a DVC owner at BCV. We talked about the possibility of her making a res in November for us at a 2BR for October 2017. I have read a lot of posts that say that a 2BR during F&W is almost impossible, so I thought I should jump on this opportunity. ( I know it is not a guarantee that she will be able to get it, but it's worth a shot) I have known her for a while. We always talk Disney when I see her at school and I trust her. She has trip insurance and if I have to cancel ( due to my parents health issues, most likely) she would refund my money. I think this would both save me money and increase my chances of getting the 2BR.
My question, of course, is what are the downsides? I know we would only get housekeeping on the 4th day of our 7 night stay. The only thing I would miss there is the magical disappearance of the sink full of dishes every day! We usually drive, but this time we plan to fly. How would I arrange for ME? When I put the res number into MDE, can I still make ADRs at 180 days, FPs at 60, and get MBs in the mail?
I really hope this works out. Thanks for any info and advice!

Need a few opinions please. We currently have a bounceback trip at YC garden view club level booked for September. We might need to cancel that due DH's work. Won't be sure for a few months. Thinking of booking a trip for mid August as a
backup. We would keep Sept reservation for now & cancel 1 when we're more sure of the project dates.

Anyway, all I can get for August dates are YC standard view club or waterview BC club level. Dilemma: We really prefer YC over BC, but also really prefer waterview over standard. The cost difference with the deal is insignificant.

I am torn. We stayed BC club before the remodel & found the lounge inconvenient & small. I know it was enlarged in the remodel so that might help. Also it would be nice to see the new decor. I do use my balcony so the possibility of no balcony is depressing. Plus I really dislike the buses from BC. YC, I know we'd get a balcony, but I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much with a standard view room (usually book waterview). The thought of the far from the lounge room with the dumpster view -- just ugh! And if the room rehab starts, will we get bumped
somewhere else at the last minute?? Buuut, we love the YC atmosphere & lounge. Plus we prefer YC for buses with many fewer guests waiting at the stop & getting picked up first.

Ugh! I am so indecisive! It would be so much better if our original plans would work out! Anyway, give me some feed back please. Anyone know if there are any standard view club rooms at YC on the lake side?

We may have to reschedule our trip to YC due to work schedules. The new dates we are looking at, we would have to stay at BC. We were fortunate enough last time we stayed there to get a full balcony, but in case we get a juliet balcony, would we be able to sit just inside the room at balcony and still enjoy it?

almost online check in day for us! Hope to get a refurbed room so not sure what to click on the boxes, we really like the side of the building that faces the villa pool, we are staying DVC in a studio.

Afternoon Tea in the Solarium at the Beach Club

Afternoon Tea in Solarium.jpg

Afternoon Tea Short Sands.jpg

Reservations Open for Afternoon Tea at Disney’s Beach Club Resort

For reservations, call (407) WDW-DINE. Not currently able to book this online.

Looking for an elegant treat at Disney World? How about afternoon tea at the beautiful Crescent Solarium at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. Available on select dates (currently February 11-14, February 18-21, March 24-29, May 5-8, June 16-19, September 1-5), guests will have several tea services choose from all featuring a variety of small bites in addition to choices of beverages.

Breaking News- additional dates added, March 2016. Here are the scheduled dates:

March 25-29, April 14-17, May 5-8, June 16-19, July 1-4, Aug 11-14, Sept 1-5

• Sea Side Park Tea
    First course featuring a selection of Artisan cheeses and seasonal accompaniments, second course petit sandwiches and canapés on house-made breads, third course scones served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, finale of house-made pastries and tea cookies. Accompanied by your choice of loose-leaf tea.
  • Cost: $45 per person

• Sandy Cove Tea
    First course featuring petit sandwiches and canapés on house-made breads, second course features scones served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, house-made pastries and tea cookies. Served with your choice of loose-leaf tea.
  • Cost: $30 per person

• Prince Cove Tea
    First course featuring house-made charcuterie and cheese plate, second course scones served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, finale house-made pastries and tea cookies. Accompanied by your choice of loose-leaf tea.
  • Cost: $40 per person

• Short Sands Beach Tea
    Guests ages 3-9 can enjoy a first course of assorted tea sandwiches (shaped like Mickey Mouse), second course scone served with clotted cream, lemon curd and seasonal jam, finale chocolate chip cookies. Accompanied with special “dark tea” (chocolate milk).
  • Cost: $17 per person

Some additional info and comments: Afternoon Tea at the Beach Club Solarium

Click here for pictures of signs outside Solarium Signs

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter